OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am not following why she was there @7 something in the morning to feed dogs and birds/chickens whatever.
Were they not supposed to be there?
I am missing something here.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Supposedly she went every day and fed them.

Yeah, I am not following why she was there @7 something in the morning to feed dogs and birds/chickens whatever.
Were they not supposed to be there?
I am missing something here.
MOO

I have friends who "share" their farm land with family/adult siblings, so the extended family comes all the time to care for their own animals even though the actual owners live on the property. So maybe they had a deal like that going on. Just a guess. JMO

Seems to be a lot of oopsy tied to all this to me.

A case this big still has me wondering why you turn down FBI offer of help.

I've seen talk of corruption in many areas and the DA being asked to clean some of that up, could be why there is a new sheriff. Maybe they don't want the FBI in because they know there is mess they might want to handle.

What would be good reasons for turning down the offer if the FBI to help in a case of 8 murders in a small town that doesn't have the police force for this kind of crime? Any ideas?
I dunno. I read they have 200 investigators on it. It sure seems like10 FBI agents could accomplish a lot more.
I guess not.
MOO

I've seen talk of corruption in many areas and the DA being asked to clean some of that up, could be why there is a new sheriff. Maybe they don't want the FBI in because they know there is mess they might want to handle.

What would be good reasons for turning down the offer if the FBI to help in a case of 8 murders in a small town that doesn't have the police force for this kind of crime? Any ideas?

Yes, it seems very weird to me that IF they have such little evidence and have a murderer(s) on the loose targeting a family, that potentially COULD strike again to prove a point, WHY wouldn't they want assistance from the FBI?!

If I had to guess it looks like parts, maybe a radiator? Junk yards usually keep the parts in or around the truck. I could be totally wrong though.
Thanks, gngr! Interestingly, he accidentally included a picture of his truck with the cars for sale... Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what's in that front seat?
I have no idea. Might be nothing. View attachment 92621

I think the fact that things are so quiet means LE have their eye on a person(s) and they're watching and waiting.

They don't want to raise any flags for the person(s) to flee. They want the perp(s) to be comfortable and think they got away with it. I mentioned awhile back the person(s) who did this were familiar with the geography, location, family, habits, etc. and that the whoever did this had a level of comfort and possibly intelligence for such detailed planning.

Either bad business/someone was burned, or domestic. Maybe someone wanted a piece of the pie and wasn't allowed in the circle.

I would have ran as fast as I could and got out of there while calling 911 until I saw the police then I possibly might go back with them to the scene. I would have never had the courage to check another house she must have some balls because at this point how does she know the killer is not there still..

She may have ran to the other house to tell Dana and kids what happened to their father/ex husband. Especially since it was right down the road.

Supposedly she went every day and fed them.

Just makes you wonder why CRsr would have his ex SIL in feed his animals daily, why wouldn't he be able to handle that? Just wants to sleep in? Seems weird.. Like everything else.

I dunno. I read they have 200 investigators on it. It sure seems like10 FBI agents could accomplish a lot more.
I guess not.
MOO

Weird thing.. Locals aren't talking about all these agents being around. In a community of 2000 you notice a strange car that is in the parking lot of the quick mart.

I'm wondering why they didn't feed their own animals. There were... 5 of them living on that property?
Just the way they did things I suppose. I'm not placing blame, just curious.
I'd like to know more about the dogs!

I guess not.
MOO

Where in the world did they get 200 investigators? Were they hired out from other areas?

My thoughts too! Walking into that would scare the **** out of me not knowing if the killer was somewhere. I feel like I would wait until someone was there to defend me. But we still have no idea if she went in them all herself or with LE. But it's interesting she was in multiple crime scenes, if that's the case, and it's certainly not what was stated.

I don't think I'd go alone, but with a deputy, maybe. I mean, what are the odds you'd find your BIL viciously murdered then you'd stumble next door finding your nephew murdered. I can see how you would want to contact your sister after that.

I still think they are not accepting help because the Sheriff could possibly fear for his own saftey. Then again because of that reason he has to put on the straight face and appear he is handling the investigation as far as public and his own force believes so, but really higher authority is actually investigating. Could explain all the misleading info and no updates just saying

There is a certain "keep to ourselves and handle our own crap" that goes with a small community, but.. I live in the largest County in my state, the murder of 8 family members in 4 locations would be a huge deal here. We have state police and large sheriff and police depts but it would be a huge deal with non-stop pressers.

She called 911 re: the first house and flagged down the deputy and told him about the other two, having checked them while deputy was en route.

That is nuts. If I find 2 dead bodies I would be WAY too freaked out to go check other houses for more!!

Just makes you wonder why CRsr would have his ex SIL in feed his animals daily, why wouldn't he be able to handle that? Just wants to sleep in? Seems weird.. Like everything else.

Maybe as some said above she kept her animals at his property?

I don't think I'd go alone, but with a deputy, maybe. I mean, what are the odds you'd find your BIL viciously murdered then you'd stumble next door finding your nephew murdered. I can see how you would want to contact your sister after that.

But a cop would never let a citizen go in that house, even a small town cop. Even if they weren't protecting the scene, they aren't going to take a citizen in a potentially dangerous situation with a possible perp in the location.

If this is related to the grow-op then follow the money….who's pulling the strings of the grow-up? The Rhodens were the work horses, who was their boss? The boss might be involved in money laundering and might even be a respected member of the community (or not!)

I've heard of major drug money being laundered via respected real estate agents and local business people. They're the brains behind the business, keep their hands clean and hide behind good bookkeeping, and they usually get the lower on the totem pole/street people to do the growing/dealing. I'm not sure this pertains to this case but anything is possible right now.

Just the way they did things I suppose. I'm not placing blame, just curious.
I'd like to know more about the dogs!

I missed something. Are their dogs missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010