OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a high profile/big media case here in Canada that gripped the country. In real time LE's pressers and actions had the country on the look out for the missing family meanwhile LE knew as soon as they walked into the crime scene that morning that all were deceased.

They had to keep things close to the vest and it was a bit of a manipulation to catch the person responsible. It was shocking to hear the aftermath and what they knew all along. I think the sheriff and LE are doing the same here. It seems usually when it's this quiet they have someone on their radar. I hope that's the case here.

Yeah I understand that but so many conflicting statements made, like shock this operation was happening in their County.. Ummm.. No it isn't a shock, there have been reports of things indicating this is happening and things that happened in Pike County. They even found a grow operations not long ago.

Ineresting article for sure. I'm curious about this (BBM):

"Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said."

I know it's a hot, 24/7 investigation but would this really be standard protocol for questioning? It sounds like they wanted to catch someone off-guard, off the cuff maybe to see if they get the same story/answers. There wasn't a 'come into the station first thing in the morning' to answer some more questions. Who were the 5 people and were they together?

I'm cynical as well, but who would be sleeping? I find this strange and interesting.

She may have ran to the other house to tell Dana and kids what happened to their father/ex husband. Especially since it was right down the road.

She had a cell phone because she dialed 911. Wonder why she didn't just ring everybody for help? Like HELP HELP HELP GET OVER HERE I've found blank and blank dead!! Come quick!! Why didn't she call anybody other than 911?

Info can be gleaned from Dana's arrest record. Prob not related. Person painted her house a couple of weeks ago

Yeah I understand that but so many conflicting statements made, like shock this operation was happening in their County.. Ummm.. No it isn't a shock, there have been reports of things indicating this is happening and things that happened in Pike County. They even found a grow operations not long ago.

Totally! Lots of PR and saving face of the community happening. I guess there's a lot of 'this doesn't happen in my backyard' thinking going on and turning a blind eye on some serious issues. It seems rampant in isolated and struggling communities, lots of pride as well which I get. It's definitely a problem all over...

"Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said."

I know it's a hot, 24/7 investigation but would this really be standard protocol for questioning? It sounds like they wanted to catch someone off-guard, off the cuff maybe to see if they get the same story/answers. There wasn't a 'come into the station first thing in the morning' to answer some more questions. Who were the 5 people and were they together?

I'm cynical as well, but who would be sleeping? I find this strange and interesting.
*"She don't sleep, she don't eat. She's pretty busted up," he said.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/
Who is "she"?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Info can be gleaned from Dana's arrest record. Prob not related. Person painted her house a couple of weeks ago

Thanks! I'm a bit lost on searching US public documents although I know lots of links have been posted on the thread here lol! It's hard to find everything the thread moves so fast.

Numerous other law enforcement agencies from nearby counties were offering support.

Offering.

It is known that nearby counties were in fact helping because they were visible to the public.

I can't see BCI (as the lead agency) turning down FBI assistance where it would be helpful. That's all I'm saying.

Earlier today I looked at federal prosecutions in the Southern District of Ohio. The FBI appears to have a good working relationship with BCI and DeWine's office.

We had a case in NZ the Crewe's. Both were killed and their daughter was left alive in her cot for they think 5 days. In that time someone was seen at the house supposedly feeding her.

Off topic sorry but hey my fellow kiwi nice to see another kiwi :)

Ok. Maybe it is 100 not 200.

"DeWine said a force of at least 100 investigators had already received more than 100 tips and conducted more than 50 interviews. Five search warrants had been executed and the four crime scenes had been evaluated and secured. DNA technicians were currently examining 18 pieces of evidence at a state crime lab."
*http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/25/sheriff-well-planned-and-methodical-execution-ohio-family.html

The dogs... Are missing. Where are they.? I thought they were not killed but we don't know
do we?

"There were at least two pit bulls,*a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs"*that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce."

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

Wolf dog? Wolf hybrid or Wolfhound? Siberian Husky wolf looking dog?

To me it makes a difference as to the breeds. Where are they?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah there was that and supposedly asked her how much she was paid to kill them.

We discussed this a couple pages back, maybe since she went in three locations she tracked blood and didn't tell them she went in three locations and they found her shoe prints with blood from one scene in another. That would certainly qualify for a 3 am wake up interview.

I'm wondering why they didn't feed their own animals. There were... 5 of them living on that property?

This is my first post so I really hope I'm doing this right! 😬
I'm with you on this! I'm losing sleep over the dogs for two reasons..

First, this same question, why is Bobbi feeding her Ex-BIL's animals as part of her daily routine?! Seemed odd to me from day one. The only thing I can fathom (before someone mentioned the possible landshare and the dogs actually belonging to Bobbi) is Bobbi may have a very different set of chores on the "farm"?! Saay...maybe "farming?!" I can imagine there is a lot of work involved in a large grow operation?! Feeding animals sounds much better than weeding the garden- in this case.

Second, with every possible scenario, I still get caught up on how the perp(s) made it past the dogs. Until I saw this....
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...says/83525104/

Why were 5 other adults with her in her home at 3:41 am??? There are never more than 2 adults in my home at 3am!

This is my first post so I really hope I'm doing this right! [emoji51]
I'm with you on this! I'm losing sleep over the dogs for two reasons..

First, this same question, why is Bobbi feeding her Ex-BIL's animals as part of her daily routine?! Seemed odd to me from day one. The only thing I can fathom (before someone mentioned the possible landshare and the dogs actually belonging to Bobbi) is Bobbi may have a very different set of chores on the "farm"?! Saay...maybe "farming?!" I can imagine there is a lot of work involved in a large grow operation?! Feeding animals sounds much better than weeding the garden- in this case.

Second, with every possible scenario, I still get caught up on how the perp(s) made it past the dogs. Until I saw this....
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...says/83525104/

Link isn't working.

Won't argue with you, but want to make sure we are talking about the same pictures.

These are the ones I'm referring to and what I will continue to believe as true based on pictures taken by the helicopter on the day of the murders and by simple observation using Google Earth and maps. Note that if you type the Union Hill Road addresses in to Google maps all the locations are wrong.

The one picture is Dana's house as shown from the news chopper on the day of the murder. If you go to Google earth or Google Maps, you'll see that the only spot that fits is what I've posted in the other photo which is a GE screen capture .. note I've rotated the screen with North indicated. Compare the fence at the driveway for reference.

The two trailers a mile or so down the road (4077 & 4199) were where Chris Sr & Gary were found in one trailer and Frankie and HHG in the other (as stated by Dana's sister Bobbie who found the bodies).

Are we on the same page now? If not, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yes. Same page. There is also a barn at the left fork propertyimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member