OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gazette reported Jesse Hanes' release from ODRC as being in April 2015.

His last release date in the searchable ODRC database is given as 4-19-2016.

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/details.aspx?id=A685387&pg=x

The first public post on his Facebook was 4-19-2016.

James Nelson was last released in April 2015.

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/offendersearch/details.aspx?id=A706537
Was that date he first posted on both of his fb pages?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I'm not EDG but J. Hanes' other fb page has been dormant since 2011.

EDG, just that it's a gang based out of Columbus, like Crips, Bloods etc. that end up in prison.

If these guys are connected, BCI might have plenty of time to build a solid case if they have to wait for the conviction of murder in this poor officer's death. Not sure if they would send them back to Pike since it's a police officer they killed. Might not hear anything for a long time..Not sure how that works being it's a police officer they murdered.

Technically, Ross County most likely has first shot, as they had already charged the pair with Timmons' murder and issued arrest warrants prior to the murder of Officer Chavez.

(16 days ago)

The warrants for aggravated murder are for James D. Nelson II, 36, and Jesse D. Hanes, 38, in connection with the death of Theodore Timmons, according to the Ross County Sheriff's Office.
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...suspects-named-londonderry-shooting/87650570/

Hanes and Nelson were placed on the USMS most wanted fugitives list for the Ross County warrants prior to the shooting of Officer Chavez.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/08/06/us-marshals-announce-top-most-wanted-fugitives-53/

In the event of a Pike County big IF, they would likely follow Dona Ana County.

It would also be possible for the different jurisdictions to work out an order that they could agree upon.

Saw that happen with Warren Jeffs. Mohave County, AZ let Schleicher County, TX go in front of them in line. In that instance, the Texas charges were more severe and they had a more solid case.

In the event that the big IF pans out, I think it's hard to say what order these could go and who would have the privilege of housing them or executing them.

New Mexico abolished the death penalty in their state in 2009. Dona Ana County could be amenable to letting Pike County go in front of them in the event of the big IF.

Has anyone besides me toyed with the notion that the slip in the news this morning may have been done deliberately to get some people nervous? Create a buzz of suspicion and gossip.

That has crossed my mind, yes. But I think DeWine and Reader seem genuinely miffed about this morning.

IF they were in fact already looking at these two (and IMO, they were), premature release of information could hinder their ability to develop more puzzle pieces in what could be a bigger DeWine/BCI picture puzzle.

At any rate, buzz was certainly created and perhaps that buzz will get people talking when they "shouldn't" or even beating feet to get to the front of the let's make a deal line.

Dunno. Strange turns of events all the way around.

That has crossed my mind, yes. But I think DeWine and Reader seem genuinely miffed about this morning.

IF they were in fact already looking at these two (and IMO, they were), premature release of information could hinder their ability to develop more puzzle pieces in what could be a bigger DeWine/BCI picture puzzle.

At any rate, buzz was certainly created and perhaps that buzz will get people talking when they "shouldn't" or even beating feet to get to the front of the let's make a deal line.

I'm hoping now that they are in jail people in pike county will talk! Who knows maybe it was on purpose maybe a mistake? But either way they are off the streets and that's good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been less than 3 weeks since Timmons was murdered. That's not enough time to get tests back & plan a solid case, if these guys were involved. jmo

But 1 person was arrested early in the investigation... I would think she talked!

But 1 person was arrested early in the investigation... I would think she talked!

I'm not Dr. Know, but I think he might have meant not enough time passed to test against evidence from the Rhoden case against Timmons evidence to file charges there. Yet. IF.

Ross County filed quickly for Timmons, so they do have something as probable cause. I agree that Kuhn has probably talked, but I think there is more that led them to her arrest on the 27th.

Whether she has Rhoden information is an interesting question, IMO.

Would love to see probable cause affidavits, etc. from that case. Probably sealed by the court, though. Might need another thread for Timmons, I'm thinking.

That they went to the pound and got a female dog, in heat, and distracted the dogs. I disagree with this theory. One, we have to assume there was a dog in heat to "adopt", Two, that all of the dogs were male, Three, if they were all male, it would just cause a big dog fight and awaken the people that they were there to murder, thus making things more difficult, and Four, they'd have to pack said dog around with them from house to house, and would have to wait for "things" to "end" before being able to retrieve the female dog. I just don't see it. I honestly don't think they had any trouble with the dogs b/c the dogs weren't as awful as LM thought they were, or, at least one of the assailants knew the dogs.

I disagree as well. I've rescued dogs for a long time now. I don't know of any pound or shelter anywhere that is going to adopt out a dog in heat. All dogs and cats that adopted out are spayed or neutered first.

Kuhn's case information. One that's a half a million dollar bond & two, wouldn't it say they plead guilty or not guilty? Not familiar with this area. 40 plus years removed. Pleas filed? Is she talking? I'd think so but then again, not familiar with Chili's record keeping.

07/28/2016
CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 07/28/2016 AT 9:00 AM
07/29/2016
HEARING- 08/05/2016 AT 1:00 PM - PRELIMINARY
COMMIT IN LIEU $500,000 C/S/RE; ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RIGHTS
AND PLEAS FILED 7/28/16; AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCY FILED
LOCAL COURT COSTS $2.00
PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 1618075 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 2.00

http://www.chillicothemunicipalcourt.org/cgi-bin/mdocket.cgi?pre=CRA&num=1602013&sub=A&type=CR&acc=

Nevermind, I think I got it.

Kuhn's case information. One that's a half a million dollar bond & two, wouldn't it say they plead guilty or not guilty? Not familiar with this area. 40 plus years removed. Pleas filed? Is she talking? I'd think so but then again, not familiar with Chili's record keeping.

07/28/2016
CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 07/28/2016 AT 9:00 AM
07/29/2016
HEARING- 08/05/2016 AT 1:00 PM - PRELIMINARY
COMMIT IN LIEU $500,000 C/S/RE; ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RIGHTS
AND PLEAS FILED 7/28/16; AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCY FILED
LOCAL COURT COSTS $2.00
PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 1618075 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 2.00

http://www.chillicothemunicipalcourt.org/cgi-bin/mdocket.cgi?pre=CRA&num=1602013&sub=A&type=CR&acc=

Nevermind, I think I got it.

She had 2 felonies against her down to one now I believe ....ill try to find the link ...

Did the Rhoden family react to the news in one way or another? I haven't seen anything.

They've been waiting for an arrest for 3 months. Custodies are blocked by the investigation. Don't you think IF they believed these guys could have done, they would react in some way? We would get some kind of statement "Let's see, we hope so, ..."

Did the Rhoden family react to the news in one way or another? I haven't seen anything.

They've been waiting for an arrest for 3 months. Custodies are blocked by the investigation. Don't you think IF they believed these guys could have done, they would react in some way? We would get some kind of statement "Let's see, we hope so, ..."
Have you been experiencing any problems with your pm's. Not sure if mine has been working.

Have you been experiencing any problems with your pm's. Not sure if mine has been working.

Yes. It works. I will reply. Sorry for the delay: timezone + busy renovating my vacation home.

Haven't seen any comments regarding this made to the media by any of the family.

"We have been in contact with authorities in New Mexico and Ross County (Ohio) in our pursuit of all potential leads in the Rhoden homicides case," Reader said.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...elson-not-connected-rhoden-killings/88668686/

That statement is the one that has me "stuck". To me, it implies that they have been in contact with them before the arrests of these two guys. Not sure why NM is on the radar for this case, first I believe that I have heard anything about any state outside of Ohio mentioned.

Is this something new. The link isn't working for me.

The article is from yesterday morning. It contains the initial statement put out by DeWine and Reader in response to the KVIA reporting and also contains the comment from Ross County Sheriff Lavender.

The article is from yesterday morning. It contains the initial statement put out by DeWine and Reader in response to the KVIA reporting and also contains the comment from Ross County Sheriff Lavender.
Yeah, that's what I figured but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Whitney Kuhn had a Waverly address for at least a portion of 2013.

She was charged in Pike County with misdemeanor assault that occurred on 9-6-2013.

She pleaded no contest on 10-30-2013 and received three years probation.

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/search.php

Confirmation that it is the same Whitney Kuhn arrested in relation to the Timmons murder can be made by comparing date of birth with her current record at Ross County Detention Center where she is currently detained.

http://www.ross.miamivalleyjails.or...&DOB=.null.&NewsSearchControl_SortBy=PRIORITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99