OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel any little bit of info with a case this big and in a small town like this would spread like a wildfire family or not. All It would take is one short conversation between two old friends and everyone in three counties would know and not only would sensitive info get out but It would snowball and the gossip would be of the hook. It seems more and more this is becoming the norm with LE even in big cities people rarely get info. It seems like they're more likely to let a little info trickle when they don't have any solid leads.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

DeWine sat down for an exclusive interview. Makes me wonder if that was in exchange for the lack of autopsy reports. :)
Could be! Better to brush the cat's hair back into place, instead of the wrong way, standing straight up, since the last "update"!

Could be! Better to brush the cat's hair back into place, instead of the wrong way, standing straight up, since the last "update"!

IIRC the interview is about 1 hour long. More excerpts to follow is my guess.

IMO jealousy of what the Rhodens's business's provided for their family is part of the motive for the murders. Not the "pot" itself.

Yeah the drug connection in my head has probably more to do with the connections that both family and killers kept and maybe not an actual part in the murders. I believe that it is possible that a person from the family could have had some part of involvement but not directly. I also feel it was a group of people that plotted against them. Jmo

DeWine sat down for an exclusive interview. Makes me wonder if that was in exchange for the lack of autopsy reports. :)
Or to possibly stir up some more tips.

Fox news has a new article this morn, not very informative, and Cincinnati newspaper has a new article, more in depth. I just typed in Pike county murders update and both articles popped up.

Tried the same search and found nothing newer than July articles with Google Search...

IMO jealousy of what the Rhodens's business's provided for their family is part of the motive for the murders. Not the "pot" itself.

Jealousy is one of my top 2 personal theories.

I'm in complete agreement with what you're saying. Was just pointing out that the part you bolded from the article re: though family members are meeting monthly with LE they're receiving little to no information (not exact quote sorry, dunno' how to snip parts in Tapatalk) has no bearing on whether they are suspects or not.

ETA: Hope I don't sound rude! Just saying that particular quote from Tony isn't one of the reasons to add family member/s to our list of whodunnits. (Though IMO, there are other reasons, as stated by LE). We were shocked at the time of our experience that every single detail of the case wasn't shared with us, so I assume many others aren't aware of how this works either. [emoji6]

No worry you don't sound rude and I don't want to be either. Text is more impersonal than voice. It's sometimes hard to grasp the emotional context. Cheers JK

Dr TG
Tried the same search and found nothing newer than July articles with Google Search...
I was on Google, just typed in Pike county murders update, and both are there on the first page. Both say "X" hrs ago. Not listed first, but maybe a quarter of the way down the page.

P.S. the Fox report kind of seems like a partial summary oh the one you linked. I read the Fox first, and thought not much there. Then found the above mentioned article and read it. Much more informative.

IMO, that's a poor community with little hope of any big business operations coming in to provide jobs for the people. Any show of someone getting ahead there would cause people to wonder and be jealous that they hadn't thought of a way for their families to do the same. The way in which the younger generation kinda bragged and flawted their pride in their family and it's "perks" IMO kinda was like pouring salt into a wound. Some people, can't stand seeing other people getting ahead and especially if they think it was in a dishonest way. This IMO, could cause "hate and resentment" in others who have less. The more "things" they saw the Rhodens aquiring, the more the jealousy built up inside them. IMO Chris Sr, buying that home for Dana was just the "last straw" for them. IMO, they got a family member involved that felt the same way in the "jealousy dept." . The family member wanted revenge or a "lesson taught" to the Rhoden's. The other person's wanted blood and used that family members jealousy to get to the Rhoden's
Seeing what happened to the family has made the family member to scared to come forward with the truth, and hopefully regret for what really happened is keeping them from coming forward to. This is JMO, who knows?

Dr TG
I was on Google, just typed in Pike county murders update, and both are there on the first page. Both say "X" hrs ago. Not listed first, but maybe a quarter of the way down the page.

P.S. the Fox report kind of seems like a partial summary oh the one you linked. I read the Fox first, and thought not much there. Then found the above mentioned article and read it. Much more informative.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/21/authorities-believe-murdered-ohio-family-knew-assaialnts.html

One big take away from the interview for me: DeWine has no idea why two children are being 'protected' and the third isn't.

IMO, that's a poor community with little hope of any big business operations coming in to provide jobs for the people. Any show of someone getting ahead there would cause people to wonder and be jealous that they hadn't thought of a way for their families to do the same. The way in which the younger generation kinda bragged and flawted their pride in their family and it's "perks" IMO kinda was like pouring salt into a wound. Some people, can't stand seeing other people getting ahead and especially if they think it was in a dishonest way. This IMO, could cause "hate and resentment" in others who have less. The more "things" they saw the Rhodens aquiring, the more the jealousy built up inside them. IMO Chris Sr, buying that home for Dana was just the "last straw" for them. IMO, they got a family member involved that felt the same way in the "jealousy dept." . The family member wanted revenge or a "lesson taught" to the Rhoden's. The other person's wanted blood and used that family members jealousy to get to the Rhoden's
Seeing what happened to the family has made the family member to scared to come forward with the truth, and hopefully regret for what really happened is keeping them from coming forward to. This is JMO, who knows?

It just strikes me that anything the Rhodens had would make others jealous. But that's the nature of the beast, isn't it? Makes no sense, and is all filtered through individual perceptions.

I see them as a close family with a lot of love. I hope I'm seeing them as they really were. And not something I want to see based on my *own* perceptions. Their stuff? Gave me an anxiety attack looking at those pictures. But if they were happy, hey, more power to them.

Just some ramblings ...

One big take away from the interview for me: DeWine has no idea why two children are being 'protected' and the third isn't.
When I was watching that part it seemed to me more like he was trying to dodge the question without saying something cold as in no comment or I'm not going to answer that. JMO

When I was watching that part it seemed to me more like he was trying to dodge the question without saying something cold as in no comment or I'm not going to answer that. JMO

I read it the opposite. Like he hadn't considered it and was wondering himself.

ETA: If the "they don't know" stumble wasn't really a mistake, it could have a big hidden meaning, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member