OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards (a) jealousy or (b) they stepped on someone's toes in a big way.

You know, it kinda' stuck out to me when the AG said it wasn't drug related. He's inferring they know the motive. (I don't necessarily agree.) You'd think if they know the why, they'd know the who.

ETA: Now all I find is they feel it *is* drug related.

I'd have to dig for it, but, I did read, and posted the article not long ago, where Dewine would not dismiss that not all of the victims had known about the grow op. I looked for it but can't locate it presently.

I can see where you're coming from on the statement. I guess the way I look at it is he didn't say .... I believe it's related to money laundering, I believe it's related to car theft, I believe it's related you see where I'm going? I still have a feeling they were into a lot more illegal or questionable activities other than the pot.
Could be! As I'm certain he could have implicated reasons other than drugs.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

"WAVERLY — The killers who systematically shot to death eight members of a southeast Ohio family in April were familiar with their homes and the area, Attorney General Mike DeWine said.

Many family and community members have speculated the killers had to have intimate knowledge of the rural areas in Pike and Scioto counties where the Rhoden family members lived, details about their homes and their routines.

But DeWine’s statement was the first time officials have publicly acknowledged those assumptions."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

"WAVERLY — The killers who systematically shot to death eight members of a southeast Ohio family in April were familiar with their homes and the area, Attorney General Mike DeWine said.

Many family and community members have speculated the killers had to have intimate knowledge of the rural areas in Pike and Scioto counties where the Rhoden family members lived, details about their homes and their routines.

But DeWine’s statement was the first time officials have publicly acknowledged those assumptions."

Thanks for posting

"DeWine declined to say if*three commercial marijuana grow operations found on two of the Rhoden properties in April are central to the investigation. "

Wonder if this could mean we'll have an arrest within 90 days?

Thanks for posting

"DeWine declined to say if*three commercial marijuana grow operations found on two of the Rhoden properties in April are central to the investigation. "

Thank you Rixey & jk!

Also from the link:

The lack of information by law enforcement shared with the both the community and family members is not easing inherent distrust with some family members who worry they may inadvertently know information that might help investigators. But, because many of the Rhodens apparently remain under suspicion, they are not told much about the probe.
Tony Rhoden, brother to Christopher and Kenneth, said it has felt like a one-way street of information since those first painful days. Family members have met monthly with investigators and victim advocates, but little to no information is shared with them. And many of his brothers and sisters, and his mom and family matriarch, Geneva Rhoden, are growing weary.

I can see where you're coming from on the statement. I guess the way I look at it is he didn't say .... I believe it's related to money laundering, I believe it's related to car theft, I believe it's related you see where I'm going? I still have a feeling they were into a lot more illegal or questionable activities other than the pot.

I agree. I also think that the reason DR and CR1 divorced was to protect her and the kids. Right after they split, CR1's "businesses" and property/possessions seemed to grow. They divorced many years ago but seemed to remain in each others lives, more so that the usual "for the kids."

I found it. FWIW, on May 4th, Dewine, made the statement to Dayton Daily News: "Additionally, the marijuana grow operations that authorities discovered appeared to be for commercial use, he said, declining to go into specifics. He also declined to say if there are indications that any of the victims were aware of the grow operations."

This led me to ponder that it may have been a one or two man show w/the grow op.http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/ohio-shooting-latest-on-pike-county-murders/nrG7Q/

I found it. FWIW, on May 4th, Dewine, made the statement to Dayton Daily News: "Additionally, the marijuana grow operations that authorities discovered appeared to be for commercial use, he said, declining to go into specifics. He also declined to say if there are indications that any of the victims were aware of the grow operations."

This led me to ponder that it may have been a one or two man show w/the grow op.http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/ohio-shooting-latest-on-pike-county-murders/nrG7Q/

If you had to guess who *maybe* didn't know, who would you pick?

If you had to guess who *maybe* didn't know, who would you pick?

Tough question. Probably easier to guess who I think DID know (out of the victims). I'd guess, that it was KR, (his daughter said she knew he grew), CR1, and GR. With it being found at three locations, I'd probably have to say that FR and HG too, b/c I'd guess his place to be #3. They also said initially that they had not found any outdoor grows. It was too early to plant outdoors anyway, but there could have been leavings from last year, but they've never come back and said they found any outside, that I've heard anyway.

Thanks for posting

I have heard some stories of what is found in people's homes when they pass away in innocent circumstances. I would imagine that what was found would have probably come into play if they had been murdered. jmo

eta clean out your closets. :)

Tough question. Probably easier to guess who I think DID know (out of the victims). I'd guess, that it was KR, (his daughter said she knew he grew), CR1, and GR. With it being found at three locations, I'd probably have to say that FR and HG too, b/c I'd guess his place to be #3. They also said initially that they had not found any outdoor grows. It was too early to plant outdoors anyway, but there could have been leavings from last year, but they've never come back and said they found any outside, that I've heard anyway.

I'm going to add, per my guess, that Chris Jr. knew, too. I'd question DR and HR knowing.

I have heard some stories of what is found in people's homes when they pass away in innocent circumstances. I would imagine that what was found would have probably come into play if they had been murdered. jmo

eta clean out your closets. :)

Could you please expand, I am not sure to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214