OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That leaves me with just Dana then. I wonder what the odds are.

It could happen, but, she'd have to be awfully trusting. (I've seen it more than once. So naive and trusting. They never knew til the raid happened!) I remember LM saying he never saw a thing at the trailers, and BJM did too. Idk, maybe he said it b/c none was found at DR's and, since they were deceased, he couldn't be for sure they knew. ??

Could you please expand, I am not sure to understand?

Years ago people would call in on a radio station I used to listen to, people would call in and say what was found at their grandparents, parents etc and say what was found after their death. Like one couple had a closet full of s&m stuff they were in their 60's Or like a friend who found her husbands deceased brothers underwear cut and blood stained from the fatal accident he was in. Someone else that was evidently a drug addict but no one knew. I guess what I am meaning is that it is a possibility that the grow operation may not have anything to do with the murders. jmo

Years ago people would call in on a radio station I used to listen to, people would call in and say what was found at their grandparents, parents etc and say what was found after their death. Like one couple had a closet full of s&m stuff they were in their 60's Or like a friend who found her husbands deceased brothers underwear cut and blood stained from the fatal accident he was in. Someone else that was evidently a drug addict but no one knew. I guess what I am meaning is that it is a possibility that the grow operation may not have anything to do with the murders. jmo

I agree. I've been believing this from early in the case. Though to be factual, AG is not confirming or denying.

the way you wrote it first, one could read it like a threat. LOL. Read it again, it's funny if you're in dark humour stuff.

Nothing was taken, that has been reported. Not even the pot. Maybe it wasn't personal, but could be that one or all of the rhodens knew something that they shouldn't have, like came to know something about something/someone that would be too detrimental to someone if it got out. jmo idk just guessing at this.

I agree. I've been believing this from early in the case. Though to be factual, AG is not confirming or denying.

the way you wrote it first, one could read it like a threat. LOL. Read it again, it's funny if you're in dark humour stuff.

Obviously I'm into dark humor as I started mentally cataloging what all was in my closets, and dresser drawers, and thinking what if...? My laptop history concerns me much more, especially since I started following this particular case. lol But, I don't think, most days, that this had anything to do w/pot, then, on other days, my thoughts swing.

I don't have anything to base this on, but I think they would have all known about the grow ops. And, I also doubt the executions had anything to do with drugs. I picture an intense, personal hatred by one person, who enlisted a helper. Maybe the helper agreed only if they didn't kill the babies? Just thinking out loud.

Not sure I'd dismiss the drug angle. I mean, we have only a small fraction of the evidence at our disposal. DeWine, who has complete access to all the investigative reports, has said the crime is probably drug-related. The mj grow ops, I'm guessing, put some of the Rhodens in contact with some bad dudes. But at this point it's hard to be more specific. I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure I'd dismiss the drug angle. I mean, we have only a small fraction of the evidence at our disposal. DeWine, who has complete access to all the investigative reports, has said the crime is probably drug-related. The mj grow ops, I'm guessing, put some of the Rhodens in contact with some bad dudes. But at this point it's hard to be more specific. I could be wrong, of course.

For all we know, there could be more than pot. That's just what we know about.

I don't have anything to base this on, but I think they would have all known about the grow ops. And, I also doubt the executions had anything to do with drugs. I picture an intense, personal hatred by one person, who enlisted a helper. Maybe the helper agreed only if they didn't kill the babies? Just thinking out loud.

BBM
I have thought that as well, and your theory on the infants. I keep coming back to this being about sheer hatred.

I agree that the family members all knew about the pot business. I just don't know if I believe that their business would make anybody want to kill over it. And I'm not sure Charlie was being 100% honest when he said the babies could be in danger. I think he used that statement to keep the custody hearings private. There will probably be more in the newspapers about the babies before long, but I expect the info to be vague.

Also from the link:

Thanks for sharing this Jax. As a family member of a victim of violent crime, I can attest to the fact that although we met with LE on a regular basis, very little was shared with us during the investigation even though no one in the family was a potential suspect. (LE knew who the perps were. The investigation was about whether her death was a crime or an accident). Just pointing out that LE not sharing much with the Rhoden/Gilley families isn't necessarily an indication that they are leaning toward family member/s as suspect/s. Up until this happened in our family, I had always assumed that LE shared details of their investigations with (close) family members of the victim. Learned the hard way that's not the way it works.

Note: I'm not implying the family members are not suspects in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you thinking IJ and his crew?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last year a person that I had been friends with, that a couple of years back I decided due to his infatuation with me, I couldn't be friends with him. I was never hateful to him I just stopped going to places he was at so I didn't have to be around him. He developed some real emotional problems, and finally was put in the nsg home. A few weeks before, he decided to put two BB holes in my picture window. I filed chgs on him, and a few days later found out he went to the Sr. Citizens apts and shot several windows there. For over a month, I was in touch several times. The Chief of Police kept telling me his daughter was supposed to bring him a check for my window. A good friend had known the family many years. He ran into the daughter, and mentioned it to her, and the cops had never even talked to her. Thanks to my friend, she took a check to the PD, and provided I signed a release stating I would drop chgs, I had my money in two days. I never cornered the chief and told him I knew he lied to me, I just got my money and didn't say anything. I knew I was moving in less than two weeks, and was just glad I didn't have to deal with them anymore! The PD in that little town got about as much respect as a dead dog, and it was always like that. You get no respect, you give none.

I agree about personal hatred. Jmo

As I said before it could be:
1) that person got helpers for one motive
Or
2) got help from helpers that also hated the Rhodens for different motivation

Given that relational circles of the victims are overlapping, I think the two are possible. There could be in as many motives as perps.

Are you thinking IJ and his crew?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No. I'm not thinking of anyone specific. It well may be someone we've never heard of.

ETA: add to thought

Thanks for sharing this Jax. As a family member of a victim of violent crime, I can attest to the fact that although we met with LE on a regular basis, very little was shared with us during the investigation even though no one in the family was a potential suspect. (LE knew who the perps were. The investigation was about whether her death was a crime or an accident). Just pointing out that LE not sharing much with the Rhoden/Gilley families isn't necessarily an indication that they are leaning toward family member/s as suspect/s. Up until this happened in our family, I had always assumed that LE shared details of their investigations with (close) family members of the victim. Learned the hard way that's not the way it works.

Note: I'm not implying the family members are not suspects in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AG is usually careful and he says the perps knew homes - I agree it doesn't necessarily mean the family.

However if the perps knew the homes then presenting evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult.

So imo, LE & AG are hoping for confession of at least one of the perp. This is why they are not sharing.

As for family members being under suspicion, it was also said. It could be a broad suspicion. Other people could be under suspicion as well.

AG is usually careful and he says the perps knew homes - I agree it doesn't necessarily mean the family.

However if the perps knew the homes then presenting evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult.

So imo, LE & AG are hoping for confession of at least one of the perp. This is why they are not sharing.

As for family members being under suspicion, it was also said. It could be a broad suspicion. Other people could be under suspicion as well.

I'm in complete agreement with what you're saying. Was just pointing out that the part you bolded from the article re: though family members are meeting monthly with LE they're receiving little to no information (not exact quote sorry, dunno' how to snip parts in Tapatalk) has no bearing on whether they are suspects or not.

ETA: Hope I don't sound rude! Just saying that particular quote from Tony isn't one of the reasons to add family member/s to our list of whodunnits. (Though IMO, there are other reasons, as stated by LE). We were shocked at the time of our experience that every single detail of the case wasn't shared with us, so I assume many others aren't aware of how this works either. [emoji6]

I can understand to a point why LE would be vague about their progress, but at the same time it is so frustrating to feel like you're not able to do anything except sit and wait! The Rhoden family all seen to be such a large extended family I can understand why LE might feel it more important to be vague, because they feel like there might be somebody who could be indirectly involved and they don't want family acting suspicious around one another and tipping somebody off.

Fox news has a new article this morn, not very informative, and Cincinnati newspaper has a new article, more in depth. I just typed in Pike county murders update and both articles popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member