OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an effort to focus on who was the main target vs. others who may have happened to just be there at the time, I'm going back to read through all threads again.

Some questions about Gary:

1. Anyone remember how (through what family members) they were cousins?

2. Was Gary's visit to the Ohio Rhodens planned, or last minute?

3. How often did Gary visit the Ohio Rhodens? (monthly, several times a year, etc)

4. Who knew Gary was coming?

5. How long was he planning to stay? (days, weeks, month)

I have a feeling the murders were going to happen that night whether Gary was there or not. (depending on answers above)

ALL MOO

1. Gary's father (KR) is a brother to Clarence Rhoden (deceased), father of CR1 and KR.

I don't know the answers to the other questions.

I see Chris and Kenny as both being no nonsense type of guys. If you don't start no "bleep", there won't be any "bleep"! Tho I think Kenny was the more layed back of the two.
The boys, are just boys in my eyes. Defensive of their homes and family, regardless of the circumstances. Another two or three years, and they would have probably grown out of 90% of their hit first and ask questions later mentality. I think Chris followed Frankie's leadership because he admired his older brother.

http://www.clrfuneralhome.com/#!Gary-D-Rhoden/dffpr/571fb5a00cf269c350f0970c

Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38, of Greenup, Kentucky passed away Friday, April 22, 2016 in Piketon, Ohio. Gary was born December 19, 1977 in Ashland Kentucky a son of Kenneth Rhoden and his wife Ruth of Flatwoods, Kentucky and Mae Diane Stewart Leadingham and her husband James of Greenup, Kentucky.
In addition to his parents he is survived by
Two brothers
James Rhoden and his wife Heaven of South Shore, Kentucky
Kenny Rhoden and his wife Sheri of South Shore, Kentucky
and many friends.

I don't know if it has ever been mentioned how long Gary had been in town, or if he was living with Chris temporarily helping out with mechanic work, or whatever. Many people think he was just visiting, but I get the feeling he had moved in temporarily. Maybe Chris called him and asked him for help during the spring and summer seasons. Or, maybe Gary asked if he could move in for awhile to get away from his running buddies who were also in the drug scene. From different things I've read, I get the feeling he would have liked to get off the hard drugs, and he felt that was nearly impossible if he stayed in Ken. I've known several people who have successfully kicked a drug habit, but they absolutely have to stay away from the people who are still using.

In an effort to focus on who was the main target vs. others who may have happened to just be there at the time, I'm going back to read through all threads again.

3. How often did Gary visit the Ohio Rhodens? (monthly, several times a year, etc)

I have a feeling the murders were going to happen that night whether Gary was there or not. (depending on answers above)

ALL MOO

We indeed need to clarify the Gary situation. He has history. Unfortunately we dont have much on him. I dont

Other Rhodens of pike county probably knew. And Rhodens on his side maybe. Was he there for fun? Or to help with the growth?

Regardless of that, I am not even sure that CR1 and GR were in the original plan. They were neighbors to FR and HG. it's possible they got up simply with noise and became witness.

It is possible only CR was in the plan and the perps knew GR would be there but they did not want to change plan

And it's also possible the perps did not expect to see GR.

I would even consider, as a possibility, that they expected to hit someone else in these homes but the guest was not there.

we indeed need to clarify the gary situation. He has history. Unfortunately we dont have much on him. I dont

other rhodens of pike county probably knew. And rhodens on his side maybe. Was he there for fun? Or to help with the growth?

Regardless of that, i am not even sure that cr1 and gr were in the original plan. They were neighbors to fr and hg. It's possible they got up simply with noise and became witness.

It is possible only cr was in the plan and the perps knew gr would be there but they did not want to change plan

and it's also possible the perps did not expect to see gr.

I would even consider, as a possibility, that they expected to hit someone else in these homes but the guest was not there.

agreed

The personality things are interesting, and I think we could add another. Complete detachment from the victims. IE: I don't know y'all, I don't care, I'm only here to do a job. This would most likely fit an out of town killer.
Yes, like I mentioned, no emotional attachment to the victims. One thing I keep thinking is one doesn't have to be local to have visited their homes maybe even visited several times. It is possible someone just went over the details of each home with the killers. Honestly it wouldn't be a major obstacle for someone with experience who had never been in the homes to accomplish the mission. They are trailers not fortresses. Get in locate the bedrooms and move.

If it's someone who knew the victims and got help from out of town then it could fit the facts of the case.

Personnally I have no difficulty in believing it was done by locals. I have sleuthed for a while around the victims and the county. I have seen around a lot of individuals with relational issues, criminal history, depression, death threats, gun freaks.

I am not surprised to hear from AG there is a lot of work with 8 victims. There are more than enough strange people within 1 or 2 degrees of separation with of them to keep them busy for a while.

IMO, the Rhodens were not the drug dealers we sometimes refer to. But they lived in a fairly violent environment and had a few issues and conflicts around them.

BBM--or if its someone out of town who got help from someone local.

As for the routines I have read sometime before this case that the best time to commit a murder or crime is between 3 and 4 am. Even late nighters are usually asleep at 3-4am and early risers start waking at 4-5am. Except me lol
I always felt these crimes began around 3am.

ALL MOO

GR was 1st cousins to CR1 and KR and the other brothers of course.
I thought he may have come in for the upcoming festival, and to visit for awhile. Idk that for sure though. Just a guess. I keep thinking he may have been the odd man out.
He was well known in the community, imo, just based on the woman's description of him. (hurting him would be like kicking a dog). That speaks volumes to me.
At first I thought GR may have brought them in with him, and went around visiting, and everyone saw them all together. Then, something bad went down at CR1's that night, and whoever came up w/him decided the others had to go, b/c they'd all seen them together. I still toy w/that, but, not as much now. Mostly b/c someone from Ky. would have most likely known they were driving up together.

You bring a good point about GR. From what I can see, he has a low digital footprint which is unusual for a 38-40 year old. In addition, imo, his family seems extremely discrete about him...

So I am looking for opinions on the man and his relation with the other victims?

But first I'll ask the most silly question of the thread since its opening: Are we sure GR was invited to stay at CR?

What do we know exactly about his presence at the scene ?

I don't know if it has ever been mentioned how long Gary had been in town, or if he was living with Chris temporarily helping out with mechanic work, or whatever. Many people think he was just visiting, but I get the feeling he had moved in temporarily. Maybe Chris called him and asked him for help during the spring and summer seasons. Or, maybe Gary asked if he could move in for awhile to get away from his running buddies who were also in the drug scene. From different things I've read, I get the feeling he would have liked to get off the hard drugs, and he felt that was nearly impossible if he stayed in Ken. I've known several people who have successfully kicked a drug habit, but they absolutely have to stay away from the people who are still using.

It is very difficult for those w/addictions to stay clean. If the Rhodens were into growing, as much as LE says the were, then there'd have probably been LOTS of opportunity for him to have been around weed, alcohol, or harder drugs (just from the people coming around). That's also why I think CR1's trailer may have been the one used for transactions/growing. To keep it separate from family.

GR was 1st cousins to CR1 and KR and the other brothers of course.
I thought he may have come in for the upcoming festival, and to visit for awhile. Idk that for sure though. Just a guess. I keep thinking he may have been the odd man out.
He was well known in the community, imo, just based on the woman's description of him. (hurting him would be like kicking a dog). That speaks volumes to me.
At first I thought GR may have brought them in with him, and went around visiting, and everyone saw them all together. Then, something bad went down at CR1's that night, and whoever came up w/him decided the others had to go, b/c they'd all seen them together. I still toy w/that, but, not as much now. Mostly b/c someone from Ky. would have most likely known they were driving up together.
Actually I would question the assumption that someone from Kentucky would have known.

RSD and JK. You just put into words all the thoughts and scenarios that had run through my head too.

I also, at one point, had wondered if a local could have helped set it up and brought GR in to help(each for different motives).

But i have come back to opinion that the time and date of murders were pre-planned and GR just happened to be there at the time. The killer/s were not going to change the plan.

IMO.
An incident happened between a Rhoden and another individual. Let's call this fictional individual Terry. A gender neutral name.
Horrific anger and thoughts of revenge became an obsession of Terry.

Terry ranted to fictional Berry, another gender neutral name. Berry for their own personal reasons also became incensed over incident. Berry saw opportunity to avenge incident, gain favor with Terry, and to exercise an ulterior motive for personal gain, psychological or financial, etc. Berry had means to act out imagined plan, cohorts, weapons, surveillance etc.

Terry and Berry saw the murders as justifiable and necessary. In real life, who are they?

This is a fictional scenario. Does it fit?

I personally don't see things happening that way, but by no means would I say it couldn't be a possibility!

We indeed need to clarify the Gary situation. He has history. Unfortunately we dont have much on him. I dont

Other Rhodens of pike county probably knew. And Rhodens on his side maybe. Was he there for fun? Or to help with the growth?

Regardless of that, I am not even sure that CR1 and GR were in the original plan. They were neighbors to FR and HG. it's possible they got up simply with noise and became witness.

It is possible only CR was in the plan and the perps knew GR would be there but they did not want to change plan

And it's also possible the perps did not expect to see GR.

We don't have a lot on CR1 either. Just tossing this out here. Maybe CR1's immediate family were the original targets but CR1 wasn't at DR's that night. KR was taken out b/c he'd know who the murderer was and GR was, just b/c he was at the trailer when they went looking for CR1.

Whether we agree on each other theories or not it's good that we are all sleuthing different groups of suspects. All info is good. If we were on the same suspect and turned out to be wrong the real guy would go by undetected. So without hitting like on every post I appreciate everyone's input. I don't have to be right. I'm just doing my part and hoping it helps. I just want the responsible people caught and justice to be served. Although there is no real justice. None of us could cover every possibility on our own.

Actually I would question the assumption that someone from Kentucky would have known.

If he brought them from Kentucky, and they returned to Kentucky, w/o GR, then people in Ky. would be asking questions. My thought was that the whole thing was a blow up, not planned, so, the people who went with him probably had family who knew they took off w/GR, GR probably mentioned to his family that he and so & so were going up to his cousins for the weekend, etc... There would probably be someone in that town who saw him leave with a couple people. The city of Greenup, Ky. is pretty small. In other words, I feel someone either in Piketon, or Greenup, would have known that GR was traveling with a couple other people and they came back w/o him. The towns are too small.

We don't have a lot on CR1 either. Just tossing this out here. Maybe CR1's immediate family were the original targets but CR1 wasn't at DR's that night. KR was taken out b/c he'd know who the murderer was and GR was, just b/c he was at the trailer when they went looking for CR1.

That's #1 of my 2 theories pretty much verbatim. I would add The Hannas were probably collateral damage (but necessary because they would know or could identify killer/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member