OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO.
An incident happened between a Rhoden and another individual. Let's call this fictional individual Terry. A gender neutral name.
Horrific anger and thoughts of revenge became an obsession of Terry.

Terry ranted to fictional Berry, another gender neutral name. Berry for their own personal reasons also became incensed over incident. Berry saw opportunity to avenge incident, gain favor with Terry, and to exercise an ulterior motive for personal gain, psychological or financial, etc. Berry had means to act out imagined plan, cohorts, weapons, surveillance etc.

Terry and Berry saw the murders as justifiable and necessary. In real life, who are they?

This is a fictional scenario. Does it fit?
Yes. I like simple and probable scenarios. So Terry and Berry would fit, imo, in one of these 2:

1) it's a family crime: if it's not the father or the son, it's the ex-husband/wife of a family member. Or eventually a close friend part of the family.
Accomplice is motivated by love, hate, children, greed. Even have it's own motivation.

2) it's a crapulous crime: There is a promise of black market money under the mattress. One is an acquaintance of the victims with drug problems and bad friends. One wants to steal. The other is experienced and ready to kill everybody...including his accomplice.

That's just my opinion. My gut feeling says (1), but I must say that (2) is also possible with pot and GR in the picture.

IMO, Rhoden were not organized crime. Organized crime in the heartland usa usually hit their man more precisely. Not impossible, just not probable.

It is very difficult for those w/addictions to stay clean. If the Rhodens were into growing, as much as LE says the were, then there'd have probably been LOTS of opportunity for him to have been around weed, alcohol, or harder drugs (just from the people coming around). That's also why I think CR1's trailer may have been the one used for transactions/growing. To keep it separate from family.
I see that he would still be around pot and beer, but considering the other things, hard drugs, I was thinking that maybe he was thinking pot and beer were certainly much less dangerous than the other stuff he had been into. Maybe he could have decided he could stay away from the hard stuff easier if he wasn't around his Ken friends.

That's #1 of my 2 theories pretty much verbatim. I would add The Hannas were probably collateral damage (but necessary because they would know or could identify killer/s

That's been on my top 3 (it changes positions at times though). I just can't nail down the who. I've got a few thoughts/theories on the who, but, w/ TOS it's hard to really dig deep and flesh stuff out w/everyone, and get a lot of input.

Yes. I like simple and probable scenarios. So Terry and Berry would fit, imo, in one of these 2:

1) it's a family crime: if it's not the father or the son, it's the ex-husband/wife of a family member. Or eventually a close friend part of the family.
Accomplice is motivated by love, hate, children, greed. Even have it's own motivation.

2) it's a crapulous crime: There is a promise of black market money under the mattress. One is an acquaintance of the victims with drug problems and bad friends. One wants to steal. The other is experienced and ready to kill everybody...including his accomplice.

That's just my opinion. My gut feeling says (1), but I must say that (2) is also possible with pot and GR in the picture.

IMO, Rhoden were not organized crime. Organized crime in the heartland usa usually hit their man more precisely. Not impossible, just not probable.

#1) This always stuck with me from Silence of the Lambs. I know it's a bit dramatic, but, it seems to hold true; "How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day." Coveting can cause hate and greed, and result in murder.

#2)Someone thinking there's money stashed in those trailers somewhere. Possibly a rumor that got spread around that was untrue. Similar to the true story, In Cold Blood.

I see that he would still be around pot and beer, but considering the other things, hard drugs, I was thinking that maybe he was thinking pot and beer were certainly much less dangerous than the other stuff he had been into. Maybe he could have decided he could stay away from the hard stuff easier if he wasn't around his Ken friends.

He might have thought that, and even come for that reason, but, I really doubt he would have been successful.

IMO.
An incident happened between a Rhoden and another individual. Let's call this fictional individual Terry. A gender neutral name.

Terry ranted to fictional Berry, another gender neutral name. Berry for their own personal reasons also became incensed over incident. Berry saw opportunity to avenge incident, gain favor with Terry, and to exercise an ulterior motive for personal gain, psychological or financial, etc. Berry had means to act out imagined plan, cohorts, weapons, surveillance etc.

Terry and Berry saw the murders as justifiable and necessary. In real life, who are they?

My thoughts exactly. In my fictional scenario, the scenario revolves around DR. And the murders are also intended to send a message.....as in MYOB.

He might have thought that, and even come for that reason, but, I really doubt he would have been successful.
That's a hard call, but unfortunately nobody will ever know what kind of turn out this would have been.

The coveting part always brings me back to two people, who were around them the most, but were left alive. I keep wondering why were they left alive? Especially the one, who took care of so much for them, every single day. If the family was murdered over what they knew about someone, then just out of prudence, wouldn't they have gotten BJM, and possibly DS, too. I am not saying that either of those people murdered their family members, but, could something have been set in motion by something they spoke of to others? Just in what we might call venting, gossip, or general conversation?

#1) This always stuck with me from Silence of the Lambs. I know it's a bit dramatic, but, it seems to hold true; "How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day." Coveting can cause hate and greed, and result in murder.

#2)Someone thinking there's money stashed in those trailers somewhere. Possibly a rumor that got spread around that was untrue. Similar to the true story, In Cold Blood.
RSD this is really TRIPPY. You'll never believe this but I've thought of the exact same two references. "We cover what we see every day" and especially Capote's "In Cold Blood". I almost choked when I read that... Seriously.

I also see a few "Fargo" (2nd season... the Gearhardts) similarities.

I can see both scenarios as very possible as well.

OK , here goes! I was just looking at a thread from Kan, 2013, a 14 year old killed his mom, and sister, somehow his dad escaped. When it was decided he would be tried as an adult, the court documents with graphic details about what happened are public documents,and are available to read! And Pike county won't even release incident reports?? Something smells fishy to me!

RSD this is really TRIPPY. You'll never believe this but I've thought of the exact same two references. "We cover what we see every day" and especially Capote's "In Cold Blood". I almost choked when I read that... Seriously.

I also see a few "Fargo" (2nd season... the Gearhardts) similarities.

Wow! That's a bit uncanny. I'll have to review season 2 of Fargo now, I'd not thought of the Gearhardts. O/t but, I love Fargo!

OK , here goes! I was just looking at a thread from Kan, 2013, a 14 year old killed his mom, and sister, somehow his dad escaped. When it was decided he would be tried as an adult, the court documents with graphic details about what happened are public documents,and are available to read! And Pike county won't even release incident reports?? Something smells fishy to me!

I can see that though, b/c the father escaped. Since Dad escaped, they new who the assailant was so there wasn't anything that they needed to keep to themselves for the sake of the case. I've followed the Missy Bever's murder, which happened the day before the Rhoden/Gilley murders, and they've kept things pretty close to the vest too. I've not checked on it for a bit so they may have released more here recently that I'm not aware of.

I can see that though, b/c the father escaped. Since Dad escaped, they new who the assailant was so there wasn't anything that they needed to keep to themselves for the sake of the case. I've followed the Missy Bever's murder, which happened the day before the Rhoden/Gilley murders, and they've kept things pretty close to the vest too. I've not checked on it for a bit so they may have released more here recently that I'm not aware of.
Yeah I was so surprised when I saw that, my mind was whirling! I just get so frustrated with ALL of Ohio LE on this case I could scream!

I think if the subjects were after money, they would have just conducted surveillance on the various residences and then acted when no one was around: The old rule is that if someone breaks into your house during the day (during the week), they're after money or things of value. If they break into your house at night, they are after YOU. The subjects in this case broke in at night - they were prepared to kill, prepared to leave a relatively 'clean' crime scene, and accomplished this with clinical precision. I don't think this was the killer's first time at the rodeo, so to speak.

IMO.

I think the idea of a Terry and Berry is possible, only, how would KR be killed if DR was the focus of Terry. Unless Berry knew KR. I could see Terry and Berry being against DR, but I still think the murders would have been focused only on the house DR was in. Unless Terry and Berry knew the whole family or something.

I think I'm still in cartel mode. Ohio appears to be a hotbed of drugs coming in from MX. Hopefully it will be solved in December [emoji29]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think if the subjects were after money, they would have just conducted surveillance on the various residences and then acted when no one was around: The old rule is that if someone breaks into your house during the day (during the week), they're after money or things of value. If they break into your house at night, they are after YOU. The subjects in this case broke in at night - they were prepared to kill, prepared to leave a relatively 'clean' crime scene, and accomplished this with clinical precision. I don't think this was the killer's first time at the rodeo, so to speak.

That would seem to be the normal way it would be done. But, if it didn't happen that way for the Clutter family, of Kansas, it is possible that history could have repeated itself for the Rhoden/Gilley family, in Piketon.

The two men who murdered the Clutter family met in prison. One was brighter, and more dangerous than the other. There was a rumor that had been circulated through the prison, about a family in KS, who was wealthy, and had a hidden safe on their farm, and the safe was full of money. These two men hatched a plan to rob the family, (the Clutters). When the men are released, they meet up, and go to the Clutter farm, but there is no safe full of money. They become enraged, and kill the entire family. Shooting some of them, and cutting the throats of one or two of the others. They left with around 50$ bucks.

Those guys broke in for the money but they had no problem killing the Clutters when it wasn't there. I think they'd have killed the Clutters even if the money was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214