OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely believe that if this was a Cartel hit, the children would have been killed as well. I also tend to believe that if it was the Cartel, they would have left their mark (slitting the throat of one of the victims, etc).

It's possible that this was a robbery, but from the few details we have it seems like the subjects were there mainly to execute their victims. The PD could be keeping that aspect of the case a secret, so that the subjects feel comfortable enough to start using the money they grabbed...

Oh, if they found a large amt of money, alot of it could be gone by now. Living in an area with a high unemployment rate, and many jobs available pay minimum wage, I would think the money was needed to catch up utility bills, maybe had to have a new washing machine, things of that nature. I have serious doubts anybody went out and bought a 2014 Cadillac!
I believe if they got enough to buy extravagant things, they would also have enough to move away, as to avoid drawing attention to themselves.

I genuinely believe that if this was a Cartel hit, the children would have been killed as well. I also tend to believe that if it was the Cartel, they would have left their mark (slitting the throat of one of the victims, etc).

It's possible that this was a robbery, but from the few details we have it seems like the subjects were there mainly to execute their victims. The PD could be keeping that aspect of the case a secret, so that the subjects feel comfortable enough to start using the money they grabbed...

I agree. I tend to discard the robbery given the speed of execution and the fact that most victims were killed in bed which leads me to believe they were not searching the money.

....unless they knew where the money was and therefore could get it quickly without help. If that was the case then it would point to somebody really close. Possibly GR.

Possible, not my top scenario. I do think however we still dont have a good understanding of GR's visit

It may not have been strictly for the money. They may have been so jealous, enraged, and hated the Rhodens so much, over something else, that they planned it for both reasons. We've not heard for certain that there was a thousand dollars found at KR's place. Maybe there was no money at any of the other places and they just found a few bucks at KR's and threw that down in frustration and left. I'm just guessing like everyone else. What would make someone kill all of those people, but leave two, or at least one, who was there most every day, at KR or CR1's trailers, alive, if it were about something that the family knew, or was complicit in. What's one more murder, when you've killed eight people? Half of them, still in their teens.

Does anyone know in which medical center HR delivered K ?

OK, if were throwing out idea's, I think the people involved with these murders all had their own reasons for wiping out this family. Person who helped with inside info had their's. Person's who did the murders had their's. They all had the same agenda, revenge againest the Rhoden's. Sometimes people who want revenge get with others who want the same things. By themselves, they wouldn't go to this extreme violence. But together, all hell breaks loose. And in this case, I think they planned to kill from the get-go. The person's had had enough of the Rhoden's and their superior attitudes around that neck of the woods, and with the help of the inside person took care of business. They did not care who was there, all were going to die. What's one more life when you've taken a couple already? IMO they were mainly after Frankie, Chris Jr, and Hannah R. I get this idea because of the number of shots. Maybe they thought money and drugs that were there were just a bonus? They were not going to leave the Adults alive because of the reputation of the Rhoden's. From what we have learned about this family they would have taken matters into their own hands and hunted these killers down themselves.
I also think that one or more of these murderers have done this before, and around that area. One or more of them is a very cold and calculating person. Fear of these person's is what's keeping them "safe" right now. IMO they are still around and keeping people who know what happened intimidated.
I also think LE is using this case to get all these drug bust's we see coming out lately. In all the "tips" they've been getting, some people have been giving information about a lot of the drug activities going on and around the area. This is another reason they are not "leaking" any information about this case. They are using the people's fear also.
If you lived around there, would you put your lives and your families on the line and tell anything?

The coveting part always brings me back to two people, who were around them the most, but were left alive. I keep wondering why were they left alive? Especially the one, who took care of so much for them, every single day. If the family was murdered over what they knew about someone, then just out of prudence, wouldn't they have gotten BJM, and possibly DS, too. I am not saying that either of those people murdered their family members, but, could something have been set in motion by something they spoke of to others? Just in what we might call venting, gossip, or general conversation?

I haven't checked the thread in a while but after reading the comments the past few days, it seems like some of you are on the same train of thought that I've been on all along. I picture an In Cold Blood scenario with direct or indirect assistance from someone close to the family and the family member(s) not realizing what they were getting into to or things getting out of control and ending up worse than they were agreed upon.

Since we're referencing movies, I have also thought of At Close Range over the past few months. Not with the Rhodens being like the Whitewoods, but rather the Rhodens crossing paths with people like the Whitewoods. That movie haunted me and was an early wake up call to the definition of ruthless.

I haven't checked the thread in a while but after reading the comments the past few days, it seems like some of you are on the same train of thought that I've been on all along. I picture an In Cold Blood scenario with direct or indirect assistance from someone close to the family and the family member(s) not realizing what they were getting into to or things getting out of control and ending up worse than they were agreed upon.

Since we're referencing movies, I have also thought of At Close Range over the past few months. Not with the Rhodens being like the Whitewoods, but rather the Rhodens crossing paths with people like the Whitewoods. That movie haunted me and was an early wake up call to the definition of ruthless.

Proceeding by elimination: Moral justice

Imo, Rhodens lived freely and not necessarily with the highest standards of morality. How about an act of moral justice?

With a profile like this one:

-* Obsessed with respect of law & authority
-* Furiously christian
-* Heavily armed

Nice, even docile on the outside. A little nerdy. Very tough education at home. A job that requires methodology.

Bearing an old wound with one of the victims: love pain or humiliation. Age of FR, HR, HHG.

Any thoughts on that? I keep it in the radar?

That theory doesn't fit along any of the scenarios I have considered, but since we basically know nothing, don't discard the idea, it may very well ring true one day!

These kinds of busts typically involve multiple LE agencies working together over a period of time. Probably let some little fish swim right on by while they were on it so as not to tip their hand. Probably garnered background from some other medium fish who were willing to share for multiple reasons (grudges, plea deals, competitors, etc). Probably had some folks established as informants. Set up a number of "controlled buys," etc to gather hard evidence that would justify things like warrants, etc.

Just want to point out that all this stuff likely to be going on beneath the "still waters" in the Rhoden case. Bumping off eight members of a family simultaneously is really big stuff--not some petty grudge. And we know that Pike County, like most of rural Ohio thee days, has significant drug issues--production, sales and use. Which means big money for someone and the presence of a criminal element which undoubtedly ties to folks well beyond this family and this county, even beyond this state.

Frankly I'm just as curious and impatient as anyone else to have answers. I just believe it is really going to take some time--possibly even years. And LE is right to be playing their cards close to the chest.

These kinds of busts typically involve multiple LE agencies working together over a period of time. Probably let some little fish swim right on by while they were on it so as not to tip their hand. Probably garnered background from some other medium fish who were willing to share for multiple reasons (grudges, plea deals, competitors, etc). Probably had some folks established as informants. Set up a number of "controlled buys," etc to gather hard evidence that would justify things like warrants, etc.

Just want to point out that all this stuff likely to be going on beneath the "still waters" in the Rhoden case. Bumping off eight members of a family simultaneously is really big stuff--not some petty grudge. And we know that Pike County, like most of rural Ohio thee days, has significant drug issues--production, sales and use. Which means big money for someone and the presence of a criminal element which undoubtedly ties to folks well beyond this family and this county, even beyond this state.

Frankly I'm just as curious and impatient as anyone else to have answers. I just believe it is really going to take some time--possibly even years. And LE is right to be playing their cards close to the chest.

Ooops, quote got lost. This was in reply to a link to a large meth bust.

One has to be pretty sick to take 8 people most innocent. It also has itd risks in homes like the Rhodens.
Big money is smarter than that. It has nothing to do with money. Or if it's money , it's small money

Has anyone read the article posted by Channel 12 News yesterday? local12.com/news/local/mystery/surrounding/eight/murders/in/pike/county/continues Notice they describe number of people shot 16 to 44 year old. All but one shot excution style?

Has anyone read the article posted by Channel 12 News yesterday? local12.com/news/local/mystery/surrounding/eight/murders/in/pike/county/continues Notice they describe number of people shot 16 to 44 year old. All but one shot excution style?
I think they are referring to CRsr. He is the only one who was shot somewhere else than head.

Proceeding by elimination: Moral justice

Imo, Rhodens lived freely and not necessarily with the highest standards of morality. How about an act of moral justice?

With a profile like this one:

-* Obsessed with respect of law & authority
-* Furiously christian
-* Heavily armed

Nice, even docile on the outside. A little nerdy. Very tough education at home. A job that requires methodology.

Bearing an old wound with one of the victims: love pain or humiliation. Age of FR, HR, HHG.

Any thoughts on that? I keep it in the radar?
I haven't thought of that.
Do you mean something kinda like a vigilante with a very personal moral motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo