OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to learn that mobile homes could have basements. They do not have them where I live but neither do houses. In my area, a mobile home can be different heights above the ground depending on how it is installed to get it level. I guess a room of sorts could be built under a higher one and hidden by the bottom trim stuff. I don't think the murders were a robbery gone bad. Logically, if someone messed up robbing the first mobile home, he/she would not go to the other ones. I believe this was a planned extermination of an entire branch of the Rhoden family. I think GR was killed simply because he was there I still think KR's murder was one of opportunity by someone who learned early in the morning of the other murders and decided to rob KR and it would look like it was part of the mass killing.

I have wondered about KR being a separate crime early on.

I have thought on a few occasions that Kenny might have been a victim of circumstance as much as Gary could have been. Both men having a close relationship with Chris, killers thought they both knew too much.

It seems like the DA put a target on the back of the people that may know anything about the murder. If they murdered 8 people, including women and a 16 year old, they may kill the ones that know to cover their tracks.

I know this has been discussed before, but I keep coming back to the Doug Eapmon, Carolyn Tomlinson, Candace Newsome, Mykal Newsome murders. They are similar "execution style" murders of Oxy dealers, one of which is said to have had something removed from the residence during the murder. LE wont say much else about these cases either from what I have seen.

I was surprised to learn that mobile homes could have basements. They do not have them where I live but neither do houses. In my area, a mobile home can be different heights above the ground depending on how it is installed to get it level. I guess a room of sorts could be built under a higher one and hidden by the bottom trim stuff. I don't think the murders were a robbery gone bad. Logically, if someone messed up robbing the first mobile home, he/she would not go to the other ones. I believe this was a planned extermination of an entire branch of the Rhoden family. I think GR was killed simply because he was there I still think KR's murder was one of opportunity by someone who learned early in the morning of the other murders and decided to rob KR and it would look like it was part of the mass killing.
One problem with this theory is that, according to Donald Stone, Kenneth usually was up at 5:30 to work on cars. (Which could be why Donald didn't spend the night there -- he wasn't an early riser.). By the time word got out about the murders, it's highly unlikely Kenneth was still in bed. Regardless, what are the chances that someone heard about the other murders and rushed over to kill Kenneth in late morning or early afternoon? For all that person knew (if there even was someone who hated Kenneth enough to kill him), Kenneth might've already been up, already been notified of the other deaths, and already prepared to defend himself. By then, remember, it was broad daylight. It is a million times easier to believe the killers of the other seven also killed Kenneth. At least, that's how I see it.

One problem with this theory is that, according to Donald Stone, Kenneth usually was up at 5:30 to work on cars. (Which could be why Donald didn't spend the night there -- he wasn't an early riser.). By the time word got out about the murders, it's highly unlikely Kenneth was still in bed. Regardless, what are the chances that someone heard about the other murders and rushed over to kill Kenneth in late morning or early afternoon? For all that person knew (if there even was someone who hated Kenneth enough to kill him), Kenneth might've already been up, already been notified of the other deaths, and already prepared to defend himself. By then, remember, it was broad daylight. It is a million times easier to believe the killers of the other seven also killed Kenneth. At least, that's how I see it.

I don't think that Kenneth was a separate crime of opportunity. For what it's worth, the news around here didn't start picking up the story until almost noon and the first report was so far from what actually happened. (Early reports stated that a 16 year old killed his family)
Obviously their relatives/friends probably knew about it sooner and people who lived near by but I can't imagine it being a completely separate murder.

Do we know know for sure where DS was that night?

Do we know know for sure where DS was that night?
Donald stated he stayed at his girlfriend's house.
I looked back to the Eapmon case in Ken. The police said SOMETHING was hidden and stolen. Quick in, quick out. Also, police found 16,000 generic oxycontin tablets. So, obviously, the killers/thieves weren't looking for those, in particular.

Donald stated he stayed at his girlfriend's house.
I looked back to the Eapmon case in Ken. The police said SOMETHING was hidden and stolen. Quick in, quick out. Also, police found 16,000 generic oxycontin tablets. So, obviously, the killers/thieves weren't looking for those, in particular.

I cannot find where Oxycontin was found there. The original crime for which Eapmon went to prison involved 16,000 oxycontin tablets. Is there a link to that? I ask because it would be similar to another murder, Not to call you out.
http://www.fox19.com/story/13563535/3-arrested-in-northern-kentucky-drug-bust

Are we allowed to discuss surviving rhoden family members with major drug sales convictions?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I cannot find where Oxycontin was found there. The original crime for which Eapmon went to prison involved 16,000 oxycontin tablets. Is there a link to that? I ask because it would be similar to another murder, Not to call you out.
http://www.fox19.com/story/13563535/3-arrested-in-northern-kentucky-drug-bust
Yes, I got confused. The police stated they believe Doug was back in business, because they were clearly robbed, but didn't release what was taken. I think I didn't look at the date given when meds were found, and I thought they were found after the murders.

Has anyone seen all the pictures being posted in ,In loving Memory of The Rhodens and Hannah Gilley on FB,? Beautiful pictures of all the family , makes you get a better ideal of who they were .

Has anyone seen all the pictures being posted in ,In loving Memory of The Rhodens and Hannah Gilley on FB,? Beautiful pictures of all the family , makes you get a better ideal of who they were .
I wish! I am not a member of FB, but there were some things back in thread 17 that I could see and read, that really gave me a feeling of the person Hanna was. Very moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove