OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, and yes, Raisin. This one fact should narrow down the list. IMO. You cannot keep a dog from barking when a stranger invades their territory, unless of course, the dogs were told it's ok (by their human or known visitor) when the stranger entered.

My dog barks at the UPS man outside, seriously, and she is tiny!

That's one thing that has always bothered me in this case, barking dogs awake me, even in a deep sleep!

Howeverrrrrrrrrr, I don't know any other information at this time, but I am still leaning towards

*cartel
*rogue cop
*possible druggies involved, knowingly the Rhoden possibly may have monies(dealing, selling)

All are just an opinion I formed, long ago!

Thanks,
GeeEm~

I studied that route last summer when everyone was discussing a possible connection to KY. It probably doesn't have a lot of traffic, especially late night/early morning. Would any driver in a car with GPS be able to find their way along these roads, even if they weren't familiar with the area?

We got around easily on motorcycles w/o GPS. We had been through the area before but not what I'd call extremely familiar. We'd actually ridden the back roads through the last times we'd been through there. But 23 and 32 are very clearly marked and easy to hit. We were through there on Labor Day and the traffic was nearly nil on 32 and very light on 23.

Well, I listened to Leonard's interview, and I didn't get much out of it! He gets excited and kind of slurs his words and thoughts together. However, he talked about strained relationships in the Rhoden family. I believe that, and the bigger the family, the more likely that is to happen. But, we have no idea how important the subject(s) are that cause problems. As I said earlier, when there is an instigator or two, it happens frequently.

Well, I listened to Leonard's interview, and I didn't get much out of it! He gets excited and kind of slurs his words and thoughts together. However, he talked about strained relationships in the Rhoden family. I believe that, and the bigger the family, the more likely that is to happen. But, we have no idea how important the subject(s) are that cause problems. As I said earlier, when there is an instigator or two, it happens frequently.

Very well put glf!

I just hope a family member was NOT involved, I mean seriously, I can't even go there, little on thinking of ANYONE gunning down that many people! Just makes me sick to my stomach, and in my heart, the death penalty isn't enough for monsters like that.

Thanks,
GeeEm ~

jmo

If I was up to no good, the last road I would want to get on would be US Route 23. ST RT 772 (depending on which way they were traveling), to me would be preferred if trying to avoid LE. And 772 is just right there off Union Hill. It would be the road where you would have the best chance of not getting pulled over. 32 is a good distance from 23, but I don't think it is traveled by LE much. One could take 32 over to 104, that route also runs north and south with little chance of LE.
The reason I say 23 would be most unlikely, like most roads yes traffic is thinner at night, but steadier than 32. 23 is also VERY well patrolled by Ohio State Highway Patrol. It is nothing .. SERIOUSLY nothing, to be driving on 23 at any hour, and see a vehicle pulled over being searched for drugs. You can google the Route 23 Drug Task Force, will give you a feel for why I think this way.
And yes, I live close enough, I know these roads like the back of my hand. Been here all my life.

Good thoughts. I thought it was just b/c it was Labor Day Weekend, but now that I think about it, I remember remarking to my spouse about reading about the 23 pipeline task force, and them focusing on it re; drugs. We didn't know if it was b/c of that task force or LE being out for the holiday weekend, but even for the the light traffic, they were pulling over folks, fairly regular, as we went through there. I'd forgotten about that. We didn't hardly see a vehicle on 32 though, on the way up, and it was late afternoon when we went heading up 32, and mid afternoon on 23 on the day we were heading back out of state.

I think the perp is local too. This is one scary case and I'm not local! I am frightened for the people who do live there. Sheriff Reader thinks people are scared to come forward because the killer is local, but yet it seems some have trust issues with law enforcement and even think law enforcement are not doing enough to investigate the murders.

"We are coming, it may not be today, may not tomorrow, but we are gonna get there, but we are going to come and Justice will be served."

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...o-see-a-victim-number-9-after-rhoden-massacre

What do you guys think about this statement?

"For killers to do what they did, and crime scenes where children were saved, they had enough compassion," said Reader. But he thinks th
at figuring out why the kids were not murdered could provide insight as to what was behind the killing."

"For killers to do what they did, and crime scenes where children were saved, they had enough compassion," said Reader. But he thinks th
at figuring out why the kids were not murdered could provide insight as to what was behind the killing."

This leads me to believe either:
-one of the perps was close to and cared deeply for one or more of the children
-they could not describe the perps
-the perps have children themselves which played into their thinking

Even with those 3 possibilities I step back to Readers earlier comments of stating the kids could be in danger and that leads me to:

-the kids could sadly be alive to keep those that do love them silent. A threat over the family or friends that do know something.

This one concerns me the most, but at the same time could also be the straw that cracks the case open if someone can find a way to set fear to the side and find a safe way to talk.

From Grow's link:

"God I hope not, if what I feel in my heart is true, they have never left."

I agree with the sheriff; I think the perp(s) are local. MOO

rsbbm

THAT is concerning to me. "What I feel in my heart." Not "what evidence shows." Hope that doesn't contradict what his interviews lately have been hinting at--that they know people involved and are coming for them.

This leads me to believe either:
-one of the perps was close to and cared deeply for one or more of the children
-they could not describe the perps
-the perps have children themselves which played into their thinking

Even with those 3 possibilities I step back to Readers earlier comments of stating the kids could be in danger and that leads me to:

-the kids could sadly be alive to keep those that do love them silent. A threat over the family or friends that do know something.

This one concerns me the most, but at the same time could also be the straw that cracks the case open if someone can find a way to set fear to the side and find a safe way to talk.

The threat scenario sounds plausible. I can't imagine anyone willing to kill 8 people in cold blood (including teenagers) has enough compassion to care about sparing infants and toddlers. Another theory tossed out months ago was that the killers were familiar with prison life and knew that prisoners doing time for killing infants and small children are targets for violence and abuse from other inmates.

I'm still inclined to think these were somewhat professional killers, possible ex-cons or LE, people who knew how to plan and execute mass murder without leaving much evidence.

At first glance, one might think it's idle chit chat.
Reader don't do idle chit chat concerning these matters. My take is its a hint, of sorts, to the killer. Not quite sure what he's alluding to other than letting them know LE is close to some real answers. MO

These murders were over the children. I think over one child in particular. As LM said. A child custody issue.

Again I point to the Wendy Camp case where ex's were able to act like everything was just fine and even issued an invite, then turned around and killed a mother, an aunt they didn't even know and a six year old girl they deemed as damaged goods. That wasn't the only murder the Noe family was involved in either. One of Beverly's son-in-law's was killed a couple of years before Wendy was. This was and is a family that believed murder is a solution to any problem.

Believe it or not there are entire families who are evil personified and who think the end justifies the means no matter the cost. I think FR got involved with one of those families.

Each one of those homes contained one person who could try to get legal custody except KR.

FR= dad.
DR= grandmother.
CR1= grandfather.

The others were just collateral damage except KR.

And I think KR knew why FR might have tried to get custody and he would have known who the killers were based on that.

Based on this theory it explains why HG was one of those with the most bullet wounds (5). There could have been some jealousy and revenge there.

And since the child in question was 3 years old that means the ex had access to all those homes and in the year or so prior to HG, very intimate knowledge. i can't see that all that much would have changed in their routines after the breakup other than DR's new home. And according to the ex in question she remained close friends with the family and would have most certainly have received and invite to that new home.

I feel like if this has anything to do with custody, it would most likely be attached to Hanna's new daughter. If she had been concerned about being dragged into court over custody of her, she could have confided in G-Pa Manley, and not discussed it with other family members in depth.

These murders were over the children. I think over one child in particular. As LM said. A child custody issue.

Again I point to the Wendy Camp case where ex's were able to act like everything was just fine and even issued an invite, then turned around and killed a mother, an aunt they didn't even know and a six year old girl they deemed as damaged goods. That wasn't the only murder the Noe family was involved in either. One of Beverly's son-in-law's was killed a couple of years before Wendy was. This was and is a family that believed murder is a solution to any problem.

Believe it or not there are entire families who are evil personified and who think the end justifies the means no matter the cost. I think FR got involved with one of those families.

Each one of those homes contained one person who could try to get legal custody except KR.

FR= dad.
DR= grandmother.
CR1= grandfather.

The others were just collateral damage except KR.

And I think KR knew why FR might have tried to get custody and he would have known who the killers were based on that.

Based on this theory it explains why HG was one of those with the most bullet wounds (5). There could have been some jealousy and revenge there.

And since the child in question was 3 years old that means the ex had access to all those homes and in the year or so prior to HG, very intimate knowledge. i can't see that all that much would have changed in their routines after the breakup other than DR's new home. And according to the ex in question she remained close friends with the family and would have most certainly have received and invite to that new home.

One more point in all this is the ex was actually there at the crime scene the night before according to her, at a somewhat late hour. That means the ex would have known CR1 was at the trailer with GR and would have known DR was working a double.

We have only her word that she left B there. The dogs knew B and I am sure they knew her also. What's to say she didn't take B with them to each murder scene and use him to get past the dogs? Then take him back and put him in FR's trailer afterwards. I realize this sounds way out there in left field but after rereading the Wendy Camp case I realized there are families that doesn't see anything wrong with using a 3 year old child to set up the murder of that child's relatives.

Another thing is Tony R going to her home to ask that the Rhoden family would still get to see B. That shows there wasn't all that close a relation between them and all might not have been as rosy a picture as she painted it.

One more point in all this is the ex was actually there at the crime scene the night before according to her, at a somewhat late hour. That means the ex would have known CR1 was at the trailer with GR and would have known DR was working a double.

We have only her word that she left B there. The dogs knew B and I am sure they knew her also. What's to say she didn't take B with them to each murder scene and use him to get past the dogs? Then take him back and put him in FR's trailer afterwards. I realize this sounds way out there in left field but after rereading the Wendy Camp case I realized there are families that doesn't see anything wrong with using a 3 year old child to set up the murder of that child's relatives.

Another thing is Tony R going to her home to ask that the Rhoden family would still get to see B. That shows there wasn't all that close a relation between them and all might not have been as rosy a picture as she painted it.
I don't think they would have given B back to his mom it they were suspecting her at all. I think the dad of Kylie is the suspect. Otherwise she would be with her dad. I think HG betrayed her family by being with FR and sticking with that family, while her brother was shunned from the family for being abusive to HR. Her brother lost his possible baby, his girlfriend, and his sister, due to the Rhodens! The only 2 children in hiding right now are Gilleys (assuming Kylie is a Gilley). The others are safe enough to go home.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My other suspicions would be family or a crew involved with IJ, RM, LJ. Although when I read the gossipy forums regarding this massacre I start looking at lots of other people!
Still have to wonder why it's so similar to the Eapmon murder though.

I don't think they would have given B back to his mom it they were suspecting her at all. I think the dad of Kylie is the suspect. Otherwise she would be with her dad. I think HG betrayed her family by being with FR and sticking with that family, while her brother was shunned from the family for being abusive to HR. Her brother lost his possible baby, his girlfriend, and his sister, due to the Rhodens! The only 2 children in hiding right now are Gilleys (assuming Kylie is a Gilley). The others are safe enough to go home.

I am going to disagree with you on this.

First of all R Rhoden is officially an orphan and as such is under care of CPS. He doesn't have a mom or dad to step up and claim custody and as of right now no parent has legal custody of him.

K Rhoden's father has not been identified yet and as of yet she has no parent who has legal custody so she is under the care of CPS.

SW does have a father alive and who certainly had visitation rights and may even had joint legal custody. Plus SW was never in the care of CPS due to her father taking her with him the night of the murders.

BR does have a mother who has legal custody of him and he also was never in the care of CPS due to BJM calling his grandmother and his grandmother arriving very soon to take him with her.

As far as the child BR is concerned, CPS would have to take her to court to take custody away from her and unless LE can prove she absolutely had a part in this it is not likely CPS would even try. Charlie Reader's "feelings" aside CPS has no legal authority to take BR away from his mother. They would have to prove she or someone close to her was abusing him.

And I think that is exactly why these murders occurred. So no one was left to point a finger or prove abuse existed.

Keep in mind Sheriff Reader's throwing in that "abuse" and I do not think he meant drug abuse since someone being addicted to drugs isn't a crime as evidenced by alcoholics and people who smoke cigarettes shows.

I could be wrong. There are a lot more people on here who are a lot smarter than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member