OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tks. I hadn't seen it either. From your link:

If they're returning all of them to the family, it's assumed there was no issue with any stolen cars or parts. So much for the theory that they were involved in any kind of auto/parts theft ring. Sounds like they were buying cars at auction, then fixing them up to sell and for derby cars.

I've been thinking again, and the only other thing, that they all would have in common, other than the children/family, that I can come up with is that they all either worked for BBL, or one of BBL's other companies, at some point in time (with the exception of HHG). When you look at it from the children theory, KR & GR don't fit, unless GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and KR was taken out b/c he'd somehow played a role (knowingly or unknowingly) and would know the assailant(s). I had a third pet theory early on but since drugs are pretty much ruled as the main cause, I've tossed that one.

This ties into one of my top theories.

I've been thinking again, and the only other thing, that they all would have in common, other than the children/family, that I can come up with is that they all either worked for BBL, or one of BBL's other companies, at some point in time (with the exception of HHG). When you look at it from the children theory, KR & GR don't fit, unless GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and KR was taken out b/c he'd somehow played a role (knowingly or unknowingly) and would know the assailant(s). I had a third pet theory early on but since drugs are pretty much ruled as the main cause, I've tossed that one.

This ties into one of my top theories.

In going back and reading last night, up until the wee hours of the morning, I refreshed my memory. The man worked there for 20 sum years. It's just been awfully quiet in that neck of the woods. I'll stop there.

I've been thinking again, and the only other thing, that they all would have in common, other than the children/family, that I can come up with is that they all either worked for BBL, or one of BBL's other companies, at some point in time (with the exception of HHG). When you look at it from the children theory, KR & GR don't fit, unless GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and KR was taken out b/c he'd somehow played a role (knowingly or unknowingly) and would know the assailant(s). I had a third pet theory early onbut since drugs are pretty much ruled as the main cause, I've tossed that one.
.Edit
ruled out as the main cause. (apologies).

Funny, I didn't even catch that.

I didn't for a long time. I hate to make errors so I re-read, post, re-read, repeat. When I read kbpirate's reply, I scanned it and read it just as I'd meant to type it. Then it just kinda jumped out at me when I checked back in later.Weird.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-rhoden-case-have-not-been-candid/94294522/

New article, nothing new said. Basically sounds like they have no clue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Authorities have said from the very first press conference the killings were methodically planned, taking place in the dark of night while many of the victims slept. The killers stole past several dogs on the properties and there were no signs of forced entry.

"It was definitely someone who knew them,'' she said back in July and continues to believe that.
During that interview her mom, Stacie Rigsby, added: "If it is a family member they should pay just like anyone else."
Kendra: "If a family member could do this, well they aren't family ... Justice will find you always.

They had to have keys and know the dogs.

It sounds like the family is coming to their own conclusion.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-rhoden-case-have-not-been-candid/94294522/

I find it interesting what KRs daughter and her mother comment about a family member. I had not read that. It's telling.
Reader had indicated not long ago about whomever was responsible knew their way around and known by the families.
DeWines remarks about people not being candid.That's OBVIOUS.
This case is big, and they have got to make charges stick in a court of law. That's a big load. Do they have a clue? You betcha they do. Narrowing this down to suspects known by the family members..... This speaks volumes. Especially when you enter in BCIs role.
Locals in that area outsmarting BCI on this big of scale? Not a chance.

Does anyone believe the title searches on all the vehicles will turn up anything of interest?

DeWine continued to call the investigation extremely active, adding authorities continue to field tips. He said he had a four-hour meeting with his team two weeks ago, but he declined to indicate if they have solid suspects or a known motive.

I thought Sheriff Reader said he knew the motive a few weeks ago, but did not say what he thought the motive could be. Sounds like AG Dewine might still be inclined toward drugs and "criminal activity" as a motive.

"I'm not going to say we are close to an arrest, because that is not true,'' he said. "But we certainly know more about what is going on in Pike County with drug and criminal activity.

If LE is waiting for family to reveal anything, I think they will be waiting a lot longer. Maybe they are thinking street justice is better than justice through the legal system? I will never understand how someone could murder 8 people in cold blood and still live among them as if nothing happened.

I find it interesting what KRs daughter and her mother comment about a family member. I had not read that. It's telling.
Reader had indicated not long ago about whomever was responsible knew their way around and known by the families.
This case is big, and they have got to make charges stick in a court of law. That's a big load. Do they have a clue? You betcha they do. Narrowing this down to suspects known by the family members..... This speaks volumes. Especially when you enter in BCIs role.

I also don't think the persons responsible will be outsmarting BCI - not when this is all over and done with. I do believe LE knows who is responsible but perhaps they lack evidence and are waiting for either a confession or a witness to come forward.

I also think this is "big" with multiple people involved at least to some degree. The chances of multiple people being able to keep this big of a secret forever is not probable, IMO. Someone will talk, either because they are scared or because they get messed up and just say too much.

I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

At this point I think there are only two situations left. Either they know who and can't prove it in court or they have no idea who did it.

I'm thinking they know but can't prove it. At least I really hope so. I do believe that for Reader to say that "he doesn't think the killers ever left" indicates they know the killers are local. The killers knew their way around the property, no signs of forced entry, the dogs, etc. This indicates they knew the Rhodens.

That is how I'm interpreting what Reader and DeWine are saying in their interviews, anyway.

BBM
I've never heard that mentioned by them either. I think that LE may even know for sure but, they only have one chance to try this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member