OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are, and with good reason.
:secret:Justice is coming.
Waiting is the hard part.....

No one deserved what those 8 people endured.
I feel especially saddened for remaining "true" family members, the holidays and their lives are forever changed. :heartbeat:

I am generally, a very patient person but this waiting for justice has become very taxing,I can not begin to comprehend how the family is feeling at this time. They just passed their first Thanksgiving and now Christmas, with the absence of 8 family members that were robbed of their lives, and I must 2 babies with a unsure future.

Checked for any updates last nite, but, as usual, there were none.

I check almost every day AND have a Google Alert set up for any news related to this case to be certain I don't miss any updates.

My understanding from MSM accounts was that BJM ran to Frankie's to tell him about his Dad. She saw his vehicle there, and started banging on the door, saying "Please open up, it's Aunt Jo!" And that's why little BR opened the door; he knew aunt Jo. She heard crying, scooped up RR and BR, and split while trying not to look at the scene. Who wouldn't do the same? Praying for all she saw. Horrific, I'm sure.

So sorry...my reply with quote didn't convey. My above response was in response to a post questioning why BJM banged on FR's door yelling "Let Aunt Jo in..." I speculate it was because 1) FR's vehicle was home and 2) she wanted to tell him about his Dad before he heard it via media. I don't think BJM had any idea that BR was in the home. She was Aunt Jo to FR, HG, BR....all of them. But BR happened to answer the door, and I still thank God that those babies were spared, and saved.

I have always felt like that is exactly what happened when BJ went to Frankie's house. She heard B, and told him to open the door. That's exactly what I'd do, tell whomever I heard to open the door.
Because at that point, she had no idea she was walking into another crime scene. And BJ should be in our prayers. She endured more that day than most of us will ever have to. I had an 18 month old baby die in my arms, unexpectedly, and that was horrible. Then, at the hosp, I got called a "beach" and a baby killer by the other grandmother. But I think if you walked in on a bloody crime scene, especially with family involved, that would be burned in your brain for the rest of your life.

Yeah, you'd surely not be thinking correctly.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

One day, you will come in and the board will have exploded. :happydance:

I have email notifications set for updates on this thread... I guess I will know when my email has exploded. And then I will be about three threads behind. *sigh*

I always have positive thoughts in the back of my mind concerning this case, it WILL be solved. But in the meantime, we still have two babies being kept away from all family members with no permanent home, and relatives hearts breaking over the eight murders, and top that off with two babies that seem to be used as pawns dangling over relatives heads. "Come forward with more info, and MAYBE we will give custody to somebody in the family". Certainly not a direct quote; quotation marks used for emphasis.

I also believe this case will be solved and my thoughts are LE knows who did this but they need either a confession or a witness to make the charges stick and to ensure a successful prosecution.

It is very tragic that the children have not yet been released to their family. The only thing I can think is that LE believes they cannot guarantee the safety of the children if they are released. The perps could well have access to the children if they are released.

I can't help but go back to the first thing LM said when he was interviewed about the murders, and he said he thought it may have been over a child custody issue.

I have no inside knowledge on this case and have just been following it. Clearly someone was very angry at the Rhodens and the "reason" could be something quite simple.

Thank you for saying what I've been meaning to regarding BJM. She walked into a horrific scene and did exactly what she was supposed to. She called 911, and got the babies. Second guessing her order of things or minor details is not helpful. There is no order in a chaotic, scary situation for those who are not regular people (not law enforcement or military trained). Shoot, I am trained for chaos and I would have been so scared I probably would have grabbed the babies and drove somewhere else to call.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have always felt like that is exactly what happened when BJ went to Frankie's house. She heard B, and told him to open the door. That's exactly what I'd do, tell whomever I heard to open the door.
Because at that point, she had no idea she was walking into another crime scene. And BJ should be in our prayers. She endured more that day than most of us will ever have to. I had an 18 month old baby die in my arms, unexpectedly, and that was horrible. Then, at the hosp, I got called a "beach" and a baby killer by the other grandmother. But I think if you walked in on a bloody crime scene, especially with family involved, that would be burned in your brain for the rest of your life.
Life just isnt fair sometimes. I am sorry you had to endure the pain of a childs death and the undue wrath of someone elses grief in addition to your own.

To be clear, I do not think that BJM killed the Rhoden/Gilley family members. I do, however, think that she may know more info than she's provided. She was there, at CR1's every day, she helped "raise CR1 & DR's kids, and grandkids" loosely quoted, she was at KR's frequently. There was supposed friction between her and DR. BJM had been an "adopted" Rhoden for many years. If just feel if anyone other than the deceased, suspected friction from someone in, or outside, the family, I think it would be her. Would she be afraid to share it if she knows? Probably.

To be clear, I do not think that BJM killed the Rhoden/Gilley family members. I do, however, think that she may know more info than she's provided. She was there, at CR1's every day, she helped "raise CR1 & DR's kids, and grandkids" loosely quoted, she was at KR's frequently. There was supposed friction between her and DR. BJM had been an "adopted" Rhoden for many years. If just feel if anyone other than the deceased, suspected friction from someone in, or outside, the family, I think it would be her. Would she be afraid to share it if she knows? Probably.

I agree. I think she knows more also. She had to hear things. She might be afraid or she may not be willing to "rat" someone out, someone close to her.

I agree to all these, all valid possibilities. They need to ask for help. Fbi, OBI etc.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

FBI should be taking over much of this. Ohio state investigators and Pike county just don't seem to be making a lot of progress.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have nothing against the FBI, but as I have heard more than once, the FBI personnel are trained more for dealing with white collar crime than situations like Pike County is experiencing. But, I still would welcome their input. And don't forget, Homeland Security has been assisting. I am just as frustrated as the rest of the country, as we wait for answers.

The Rhodens was, and are still, a big family. Whomever decided it was their right to take 8 lives was close to part of this family in some fashion, they knew their way around. Stands to reason they spent time at the homes, got friendly enough with dogs, other visitors...like maybe BJM who was there alot, or other family? BJM and any others who were there often are probably scared to death to open up to LE. That's understandable, but ...umm. The whomever, knows them, and is still very much walking free. Maybe I am a chicken, but I would take my chances talking to LE before I would be a sitting duck!

I have nothing against the FBI, but as I have heard more than once, the FBI personnel are trained more for dealing with white collar crime than situations like Pike County is experiencing. But, I still would welcome their input. And don't forget, Homeland Security has been assisting. I am just as frustrated as the rest of the country, as we wait for answers.

BCI were in from the onset too.

Yes, I was impressed by BCI from the get-go. PCSD began the investigation with 19 pieces. I believe when BCI began helping, a total of 59 pieces of evidence were recovered. PCSD just isn't trained to work on a case as big as this one on their own, which is understandable.

I remember hearing Leonard say that, but I really thought he was trying to call somebody's bluff. That look in his eyes told me he may have had a suspect or two in the back of his mind, and maybe hoping to make somebody nervous. He doesn't strike me as being the type of person who would allow the persons involved to get away with killing eight family members. And he may have the old tried and true "give 'em enough rope they'll hang themselves!

I want a presser for Christmas! Seriously.
I don't know...like you LM isn't going to let something slide IF he knows anything, which I doubt. BJM on the other hand, not saying she's guilty of anything but my guess she knows way more than she has told LE.
I have family, very close to crime scenes. He told me he stopped at the little store in Rarden. Said people he knew would briefly talk about it. Said most are settled down but still scared. That is so sad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme