OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these lines of thought are getting pretty far off line. Someone said I wonder if they are Jehovah's Witnesses. Then someone says well if they are Jehovah's Witnesses... . Then someone says something like how long has the family been Jehovah's Witnesses? But, we do not actually know what religion if any they are..

Dudly
You're 100% right. That's one reason I don't post often. 75% of posts on these types of forums are
off line. They go off on a tangent of their own. It's hard not to go off topic but if people would focus more on the topic of this forum [who killed the Rhodens] we'd probably be on thread #12. It makes it very hard to keep up. If you miss a day or two than you have to read through 20 pages of mostly drivel to get caught up. I think sometimes people post just to get their count up.

PLEASE, I don't want anyone to take offense at this. That was not my reason for submitting this but Dudly kind off tip toed around the edge and I just jumped in. This has been gnawing at me for a long time. I believe you are all good people on here and will continue to believe that no matter the reaction to this post.

Agree.

A few years ago I walked into the clinic where I worked at 6:00 am. The door was unlocked but I just assumed another employee came in early. Then I walked into the hall to find the alarm had been ripped off the wall and the clinic had been ransacked. I walked around for a minute, stunned, before I realized someone might still be inside so I ran out to my car and called 911.

People don't always react sensibly in situations like this.

i can't imagine how it would have been for BM to walk into a horrific science of blood and bodies.

I think I would run around looking for anyone that needed help or for survivors especially if children lived there. I don't think I would be thinking about preserving the scene and I may not think about someone still being around but then again I've never been in this situation. I DO believe I would check to see if anyone was alive or needed help. I hope I wouldn't walk into a friend's house and run out without trying to help. I went into a market years ago with a friend and we found clerk stabbed behind register. My friend drove to call for help and I stayed with Mr. Zabradi even though it was night and we were alone. He passed away telling me about Hungary where he was from. I was terrified that who did it would come back but I couldn't leave him all alone. My parents were furious with me so I can see BM staying. All my opinion.

I understand where you are coming from. There is also another angle. Because of the size of the grow ops, LE may not have been able to hide it from the public, so they released the information. LE removed over 1200 plants.

I think that 1200 number was from a previous, unrelated event, wasn't it? The interview I referenced earlier, LE said the grow ops had very, very little at one scene and was not very big at the other.

I think that 1200 number was from a previous, unrelated event, wasn't it? The interview I referenced earlier, LE said the grow ops had very, very little at one scene and was not very big at the other.
I never saw an article which said the grow op was small. I will look for that interview.

March 15, 2017
A request for victim compensation from the brother-in-law of one of the victims has been turned down by the state of Ohio because of evidence of a marijuana growing operation at the crime scene.
David Weisel, brother–in-law to Christopher Rhoden Sr., applied in May 2016 to the Ohio Attorney General’s Office to be reimbursed for lost wages.
“Information obtained from law enforcement indicates Mr. Rhoden was operating a large-scale marijuana growing operation on his property with the purpose of distributing the marijuana,” says the state’s response.
“Therefore, while the Attorney General recognizes your loss, the law unfortunately requires that your claim be denied.”
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/pike-county-things-know-about-where-the-investigation-stands/yOYEXoTjpEzKshb15wgQtM/

Not sure if this has been discussed recently . I apologize if it has, its tough to keep up on these threads, as well as working and taking care of a newborn . Anyways, has there been any talk of CH? Where has he been ? It has been confirmed that he isn't the father of R? I suppose if he was the bio father, custody would be granted to him. However, that has not been stated. The infant was four days old, why wouldn't he be staying the night with HR- especially if they were together and R was believed to be his??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the baby!!!:congrats:

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

I have seen the reports of large scale ops as well, which is why I was very surprised to hear him characterize it as small. I think the media is to blame for a lot of the conflicting information. The days of having 3 independent sources before you run a story are long gone, which is unfortunate.

This is the link to the interview that was aired. There is an extended version of the interview which is 42 minutes long - which you have to pay to see. Go down to the bottom of the page and select the monthly subscription. You can join for a free 30 day trial but you will still need to add a credit card information.

Dudly
You're 100% right. That's one reason I don't post often. 75% of posts on these types of forums are
off line. They go off on a tangent of their own. It's hard not to go off topic but if people would focus more on the topic of this forum [who killed the Rhodens] we'd probably be on thread #12. It makes it very hard to keep up. If you miss a day or two than you have to read through 20 pages of mostly drivel to get caught up. I think sometimes people post just to get their count up.

PLEASE, I don't want anyone to take offense at this. That was not my reason for submitting this but Dudly kind off tip toed around the edge and I just jumped in. This has been gnawing at me for a long time. I believe you are all good people on here and will continue to believe that no matter the reaction to this post.

You don't encounter rudeness on here very often. Other forums yes, but up til now the people on this forum has been very respectful of their fellow posters.

Dudly

I saw the off shoot happen several times and it can completely change what was originally meant. Possibly becomes maybe becomes absolutely pretty quick sometimes..

Here's a link - it says 200 plants each worth about $2,000 mj if it is high quality. Probably pretty close to $400,000 tax-free money. Not exactly chump change.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officia...ound-in-executed-ohio-familys-grow-operation/

That isn't a large commercial grow operation. I wonder if that is why no pictures of the grow operation was never shown. They didn't want the public to know how bad they over exaggerated the size. The one with bank vault doors under the body shop was a major grow operation.They showed pics of that operation...

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

I have seen the reports of large scale ops as well, which is why I was very surprised to hear him characterize it as small. I think the media is to blame for a lot of the conflicting information. The days of having 3 independent sources before you run a story are long gone, which is unfortunate.

This is the link to the interview that was aired. There is an extended version of the interview which is 42 minutes long - which you have to pay to see. Go down to the bottom of the page and select the monthly subscription. You can join for a free 30 day trial but you will still need to add a credit card information.

LE was responsible for much misinformation at first, too, not just media. They were repeating what they were told.. First reports said two adults and four children were murdered. While it is technically true, it sounds much different than it was...

I'm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn't a large commercial grow operation. I wonder if that is why no pictures of the grow operation was never shown. They didn't want the public to know how bad they over exaggerated the size. The one with bank vault doors under the body shop was a major grow operation.They showed pics of that operation...

We've discussed that grow op and bust a little in the past and should probably revisit it. By any chance, do you have a link to any of those news media articles? I know we discussed local drug crime a lot here in the past, but maybe we should revisit some of these major busts that occurred in the area around the time of the Rhoden murders.

Thanks!

As a rule of thumb, any time LE mentions anything about drugs, you can safely assume they're exagerrating. Especially when it comes to price.

About the only thing they've been honest about is the recent influx of fentanyl and how easy it is to overdose.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As of the writing of this article, June 4, 2016, neither JW, nor CG, had received the materials to submit their dna for testing. If they did the testing not long after this article was released, for example June 15, 2016. It takes around 4-6 weeks to get dna testing back (average). That would put them knowing the results around the last week of July. This makes the date that the J.W. placed his home on the market seem more like he was waiting to see if K was his child, and since that wasn't the case, he decided to move on and make a new start with S. Even though his interview seemed to want the girls to stay near one another he may have re-thought raising her around so near the tragedy.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

JW:
But if he isn't K's dad, and if the courts deem another man suitable to care for her, he will step aside -- at least partially.
"I'm not going to take her," Wagner said. "But I will want mandatory visitation in order to see her regularly." He wants to ensure she gets to know her tow-headed big sister who loves tea parties, getting her fingernails painted and swinging and playing on the extensive play areas Wagner has built at their house. It's a home where Wagner once hoped Hanna Rhoden would come back eventually, bringing K. (This whole paragraph is interesting to me, but especially the last sentence. Had she lived there with him for awhile? It's just worded odd. In looking back over her SM, it almost seems like she might have lived there. I may be reading too much into it though.)

A note re; the trailers looking hastily thrown together, if you've never had LE perform a thorough search of your things, I can say, they do not put them back like they found them. If they pull you over and search your car, and pull your seats out, you're left sitting there with your seats pulled out, on the side of the road. So, the trailers looking like a hurricane swept through them would not be uncommon if LE searched them.

We've discussed that grow op and bust a little in the past and should probably revisit it. By any chance, do you have a link to any of those news media articles? I know we discussed local drug crime a lot here in the past, but maybe we should revisit some of these major busts that occurred in the area around the time of the Rhoden murders.

Thanks!

http://www.wlwt.com/article/marijua...million-busted-in-adams-co-police-say/3568265

[video=youtube;YHdNM5PTT5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHdNM5PTT5U[/video]

As of the writing of this article, June 4, 2016, neither JW, nor CG, had received the materials to submit their dna for testing. If they did the testing not long after this article was released, for example June 15, 2016. It takes around 4-6 weeks to get dna testing back (average). That would put them knowing the results around the last week of July. This makes the date that the J.W. placed his home on the market seem more like he was waiting to see if K was his child, and since that wasn't the case, he decided to move on and make a new start with S. Even though his interview seemed to want the girls to stay near one another he may have re-thought raising her around so near the tragedy.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

JW:
But if he isn't Kylie's dad, and if the courts deem another man suitable to care for her, he will step aside -- at least partially.
"I'm not going to take her," Wagner said. "But I will want mandatory visitation in order to see her regularly." He wants to ensure she gets to know her tow-headed big sister who loves tea parties, getting her fingernails painted and swinging and playing on the extensive play areas Wagner has built at their house. It's a home where Wagner once hoped Hanna Rhoden would come back eventually, bringing Kylie. (This whole paragraph is interesting to me, but especially the last sentence. Had she lived there with him for awhile? It's just worded odd. In looking back over her SM, it almost seems like she might have lived there. I may be reading too much into it though.)

A note re; the trailers looking hastily thrown together, if you've never had LE perform a thorough search of your things, I can say, they do not put them back like they found them. If they pull you over and search your car, and pull your seats out, you're left sitting there with your seats pulled out, on the side of the road. So, the trailers looking like a hurricane swept through them would not be uncommon if LE searched them.

Bbm
He's not going to take her? He thought he had the "power" to take a child from it's biological mother? Where did he get that idea? He thought if he wasn't the biological dad (and not married to the biological mom) he could get mandatory visitation? :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak