OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't a large commercial grow operation. I wonder if that is why no pictures of the grow operation was never shown. They didn't want the public to know how bad they over exaggerated the size. The one with bank vault doors under the body shop was a major grow operation.They showed pics of that operation...

Just for example, here's another that they called a large, sophisticated, grow op. No pictures. 140 plants. Idk if there were followup articles or not, but I don't really call this "large". It's not a small, personal, grow but it's not what I'd call large, either.

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...arijuana-grow-seized-in-ohio-valued-at-170000

Bbm
He's not going to take her? He thought he had the "power" to take a child from it's biological mother? Where did he get that idea? He thought if he wasn't the biological dad (and not married to the biological mom) he could get mandatory visitation? :notgood:

Struck me as odd at the time and still strikes me as odd. They may have been naive enough to think that they could get a court to award them custody, or force visitation, b/c S is K's half sibling. It doesn't work like that. I guess they probably found that out.

That isn't a large commercial grow operation. I wonder if that is why no pictures of the grow operation was never shown. They didn't want the public to know how bad they over exaggerated the size. The one with bank vault doors under the body shop was a major grow operation.They showed pics of that operation...

Is there an official definition of what constitutes a "large" commercial grow operation, or is this something that is open to individual interpretation?

Struck me as odd at the time and still strikes me as odd. They may have been naive enough to think that they could get a court to award them custody, or force visitation, b/c S is K's half sibling. It doesn't work like that. I guess they probably found that out.
It doesn't work like that in my county either. I have to wonder since he was the only person who was able to retain custody of one of the Rhodes' children (the others were sent to foster care because they might be in danger?) that he KNEW he had some special "power" in Pike County.

Is there an official definition of what constitutes a "large" commercial grow operation, or is this something that is open to individual interpretation?

http://fox6now.com/2016/05/13/34-ye...-marijuana-grow-operation-found-in-yorkville/
They don't call this one "large", but it's ""Very, very disturbing," said Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling." this fella had 38 plants, and the dude gets his picture in the paper, along with all 38 of his plants, and his sophisticated grow op. So no, there's not much of a standard. There should be, it shouldn't be illegal to begin with. Focus their efforts on meth, heroin and fentanyl. We're losing people left and right. Young man in his 30s, died, from here, yesterday from an o.d. To look at they guy you'd have never guessed. They said the other day that this generation is going to be known as the Orphan Generation. One of my theories was based on something like this. That they'd gotten into something harder and someone's child died, and they retaliated. This actually happened not long and the parents will be standing trial soon. It's a good chance they'll be in prison for the rest of their lives and their surviving children and grandchildren will be visiting them there on holidays.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/healt...aign=Feed:+rss/cnn_health+(RSS:+CNN+-+Health)

http://fox6now.com/2016/05/13/34-ye...-marijuana-grow-operation-found-in-yorkville/
They don't call this one "large", but it's ""Very, very disturbing," said Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling." this fella had 38 plants, and the dude gets his picture in the paper, along with all 38 of his plants, and his sophisticated grow op. So no, there's not much of a standard. There should be, it shouldn't be illegal to begin with. Focus their efforts on meth, heroin and fentanyl. We're losing people left and right. Young man in his 30s, died, from here, yesterday from an o.d. To look at they guy you'd have never guessed. They said the other day that this generation is going to be known as the Orphan Generation. One of my theories was based on something like this. That they'd gotten into something harder and someone's child died, and they retaliated. This actually happened not long and the parents will be standing trial soon. It's a good chance they'll be in prison for the rest of their lives and their surviving children and grandchildren will be visiting them there on holidays.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/healt...aign=Feed:+rss/cnn_health+(RSS:+CNN+-+Health)

I hear you on where the focus really needs to be and it is on the drugs that are highly addictive and that destroy lives and families and kill people. I suppose someone somewhere has died from smoking pot, but I came up in the 70's and just about everyone did it in high school and college and no one I knew ever died from it. In fact, just about everyone went on to lead productive, decent lives. The same can't be said for meth, heroin, etc.

I hear you on where the focus really needs to be and it is on the drugs that are highly addictive and that destroy lives and families and kill people. I suppose someone somewhere has died from smoking pot, but I came up in the 70's and just about everyone did it in high school and college and no one I knew ever died from it. In fact, just about everyone went on to lead productive, decent lives. The same can't be said for meth, heroin, etc.

Although pot has probably never killed anyone, I have seen it have a negative impact on people's lives. So addicted that they became almost reclusive and only wanted to interact with other people who would bong with them.

I have a granny flat that I rent out and over the last fifteen years I have had seven tenants. Two tenants covered ten years of letting and the other five years was one tenant a year (and sometimes it took me half a year to get rid of them) who was evicted for non payment of rent. All five of those had some kind of a job when they signed the rental agreement, but none of them stayed employed for any longer than three months, some only weeks. They were all big potheads.

I have no doubt that these people may have had addictive personalities, so if it wasn't pot, they may have done the same thing with alcohol.
I may have a skewed outlook on this, because I am exposed to people after a cheap place to live.

Interesting video:

[video=youtube;bf4ObgRJ_Xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4ObgRJ_Xo[/video]

Reporter Jody Barr on what he has been told by LM:

* JM found the bodies at DR's house
* LM said his son told him he was texting JW at 2 a.m. the night of the murders

Interesting video:

IF TRUE....(I don't see LM lying about his son)..
What reason would there be for communication at such an hour between these two. Seriously.
Of all the nights. Somethings up with that.

IF TRUE....(I don't see LM lying about his son)..
What reason would there be for communication at such an hour between these two. Seriously.
Of all the nights. Somethings up with that.

I think that it has already been established that JM sent the text at 9pm, but JW did not see it until 2am.

I think that it has already been established that JM sent the text at 9pm, but JW did not see it until 2am.

If what the reporter in the video is saying is accurate, LM told him his son sent the text at 2 a.m. In a different interview LM said his son sent the text earlier but it wasn't opened until 2 a.m.

Although pot has probably never killed anyone, I have seen it have a negative impact on people's lives. So addicted that they became almost reclusive and only wanted to interact with other people who would bong with them.

I have a granny flat that I rent out and over the last fifteen years I have had seven tenants. Two tenants covered ten years of letting and the other five years was one tenant a year (and sometimes it took me half a year to get rid of them) who was evicted for non payment of rent. All five of those had some kind of a job when they signed the rental agreement, but none of them stayed employed for any longer than three months, some only weeks. They were all big potheads.

I have no doubt that these people may have had addictive personalities, so if it wasn't pot, they may have done the same thing with alcohol.
I may have a skewed outlook on this, because I am exposed to people after a cheap place to live.

BBM
The folks who I know that were unproductive "potheads" had addictive personalities and used a lot more than only pot. My former s/o drank themselves into an early grave along w/a three pack-a-day smoking habit that earned them lung cancer that ran rampant throughout their body. They died a very drawn out and what I'd call, very painful, horrible, death. I'd not wish it on anyone. I learned tonight that a friend passed today. Liver was shot, and cancer had spread from his lungs to his brain stem. Alcohol and cigarettes for the majority of his life. I've lost count at this point. None died from pot though.

It doesn't work like that in my county either. I have to wonder since he was the only person who was able to retain custody of one of the Rhodes' children (the others were sent to foster care because they might be in danger?) that he KNEW he had some special "power" in Pike County.
The other children have pending custody...JW didn't...he had visitation so had probably established paternity. Until custody is established for the rest the state is making all decisions for these children..JW has the to decide if his child will be protected...and let's not forget BR is in the custody of his mother

LE was responsible for much misinformation at first, too, not just media. They were repeating what they were told.. First reports said two adults and four children were murdered. While it is technically true, it sounds much different than it was...

Exactly why I wish the standard was still 3 independent sources before you run with it.

You do have to wonder why the two surviving children have been classified as in danger, but the one who shares a parent is not in danger. Something really smelly there.

Is there a source for this? Is it the video outside the courthouse when LM's daughter in law interrupted and then LM said he had to leave? I wonder which came 1st.

Also is LM the only source? If so, it really can't be taken as fact, IMO - he would just be repeating what his son said.

Interesting video:

This has been bothering me. RSD1200 and others have pointed out that if CR2 was between the wall and bed he may have woke up and tried to hide. If LM is correct LE had to go into his bedroom three times to find him.

So if he was trying to hide and it took LE that many times to find him, how did the killer see him in the dark?

He wasn't the only one that retained custody of a child. FR's oldest son went to his mother.

Bbm
He's not going to take her? He thought he had the "power" to take a child from it's biological mother? Where did he get that idea? He thought if he wasn't the biological dad (and not married to the biological mom) he could get mandatory visitation? :notgood:

Wasn't this said after the bio mother had died? So, he wouldn't be taking her from her bio mother but from the foster family she was placed with. Also, if the father can't be determined then her 1/2 sister is her closest relative and they should be together IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland