OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart attacks are killing most of mine. We were born with a defect in our heart that causes A-Fib and cardiomyopathy. From my grandfather, right down to the last member of the family, my great niece who is a year and a half and has already had three open heart surgeries. Then again I have a nephew who is in his early fifties and has been an alcoholic since his teens. He drinks every day and is in good health. No heart attacks or heart problems. He has outlived a lot of people in my family who didn't drink, smoke or take drugs so self medicating seems to be doing the trick for him.

So who's to judge the lifestyle of others?

No, I don't judge. It's not a walk in the park for an addict to come off of Heroin, nor for an alcoholic to go through the d.t.s, and no one sets out in life to become a Heroin addict or an alcoholic or to die from lung cancer. My former spouse was addicted to alcohol to the point that it was their breakfast, lunch and supper. When their body finally broke down, the docs thought my ex wouldn't survive the withdrawal b/c of the severe malnutrition, but the wonders of modern medicine prevailed. A year and half later, and in a nursing home, it was over. I have a child who self medicates. I'm okay with self medication, (it's your body), until it negatively affects those around you, when that happens, then it's time to do some self-reflection. There is a surgery they can do for A-fib now. My family member had a very bad case of it and they performed surgery and she is better now. Have you looked into that? She'd had it all her life and they only recently talked to her about it and performed the surgery. It didn't do away with it completely but she is better.

ETA: I'm sorry, you said your little niece had, had the surgery. (I've been under the weather for a week now and am a bit fuzzy.) I hope all goes well for her.

I listened to this tape again with the transcript on and I caught this that LM said at about 2:54.

"I would stake my life that my son or my daughter didn't kill the family... I don't know about the rest of them, but I guarantee you....

Now I am wondering what LM meant. The rest of who? His other daughter? Her kids or in-laws? JM's kids? BJM's kids? Other members of his family? JW?

That just seemed like an odd thing to say.

That has always stayed with me, too. Very bizarre.

I listened to this tape again with the transcript on and I caught this that LM said at about 2:54.

"I would stake my life that my son or my daughter didn't kill the family... I don't know about the rest of them, but I guarantee you....

Now I am wondering what LM meant. The rest of who? His other daughter? Her kids or in-laws? JM's kids? BJM's kids? Other members of his family? JW?

That just seemed like an odd thing to say.

I think he maybe meant his son and daughter didn't kill their family but he doesn't know about the rest of them. As in the Rhoden's family members, or his daughter's "in-laws", the Ws, b/c of his statement about the "custody thing" in one of the other interviews.

ETA: Just remembered, LM has four children. Three daughters, one son. I'd forgotten about the third daughter. I think I've got that right...

IF TRUE....(I don't see LM lying about his son)..
What reason would there be for communication at such an hour between these two. Seriously.
Of all the nights. Somethings up with that.
Teenagers and young adults check their smart phones for messages several times an hour. Many people not in that age group only occasionally check their smart phones for messages.

LE was responsible for much misinformation at first, too, not just media. They were repeating what they were told.. First reports said two adults and four children were murdered. While it is technically true, it sounds much different than it was...

I believe LE in the beginning was looking for anything to dirty the Rhodens. First it was the game birds which De Wine didn't know what they were until his wife told him. That was the dumbest thing, that I have ever heard a seasoned LE make.

They knew they couldn't use the dogs, but some people have tried, the dog fighting angle, not realizing they are hunting dogs.So drugs was the big answer to get people aroused, cartel and drugs. Sorry I'm not buying into the large scale operation that they tried to portray. I am of the facts and show me theory and I have not seen ONE plant.
To me this is a couple of misinformation examples, I still shake my head about the game birds. There is very little to none updates released and when there is a update it is only old info with a different spin. I am surprised that they have not shut LM down. We have gotten more info from him tha LE,but then again maybe they are incouraging him in hopes of flushing someone out.

All I want is for this to be solved, the right people arrested and a successful verdict and the babies united with family.

I believe LE in the beginning was looking for anything to dirty the Rhodens. First it was the game birds which De Wine didn't know what they were until his wife told him. That was the dumbest thing, that I have ever heard a seasoned LE make.

They knew they couldn't use the dogs, but some people have tried, the dog fighting angle, not realizing they are hunting dogs.So drugs was the big answer to get people aroused, cartel and drugs. Sorry I'm not buying into the large scale operation that they tried to portray. I am of the facts and show me theory and I have not seen ONE plant.
To me this is a couple of misinformation examples, I still shake my head about the game birds. There is very little to none updates released and when there is a update it is only old info with a different spin. I am surprised that they have not shut LM down. We have gotten more info from him tha LE,but then again maybe they are incouraging him in hopes of flushing someone out.

All I want is for this to be solved, the right people arrested and a successful verdict and the babies united with family.

There has not been one picture that shows any type of crime was committed. Definitely no pics of a grow operation....

I frequently work in areas that have very spotty cell phone reception. Sometimes texts that my coworkers or family member send me literally come through hours later or even the next day. I have been woken up in the middle of the night by a text that one of my family members sent me in the afternoon it just didn't come through until hours later.

The same thing has happened to me and I live in a city with very good cell reception. The question I have is do the cell phone carrier records show when texts are actually sent, or perhaps the cell phone itself would carry that information?

I can't seem to find an answer to that on the Internet and it would be interesting to know.

Addiction to anything can ruin your life. Be it pot, alcohol, cigarettes, pills, heroin, even food, etc... If you are constantly stoned you may be an unproductive member of society but you aren't going to have to have, for example, Narcan pumped into you, from a Heroin overdose, and be on a life support machine the rest of your life if they don't get enough into you. You can very well die a pretty nasty death from all of the others too, with the exception of pot, smoking pot won't kill you. Alcohol and smokes have been the killers of my friends and family. Heroin and pills are killing my kid's friends and family.

Years of dealing with a meth-addicted adult child resulted in the suicide of someone I know. The arrests, crazy behavior, multiple incarcerations, and multiple rehab stints were just too much to handle.

On the "grow ops" and no pictures of it, I've always felt that 1 or more were inside 1 or more of the trailers. Both CRsr's and FR's didn't have windows in the front right side in photos. As a person who has lived in mobile homes a lot, I found the windows missing on the front kind of odd. Most are designed to have windows for each room. I don't know the designs of CRsr's (looks older than FR's?) or FR's, but usually there is large window in the living room facing the front of the trailer. Really JMO, windows are missing on those trailers. If the "grow/seedlings" were inside then we wouldn't have any pics because it would be in crime scene photos. Why none of the outside? I think it was to early for them to have been planted outside yet. Next to FR's there's a a aluminum frame, it looks like the ones people use to put young tobacco plants in before there planted in the fields in spring/early summer.

Years of dealing with a meth-addicted adult child resulted in the suicide of someone I know. The arrests, crazy behavior, multiple incarcerations, and multiple rehab stints were just too much to handle.

I can feel for them, and it is so sad that they felt that was their only way, I'm guessing, to find peace. We've been through it with one, and it's yet to stop. It's exhausting, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I'm sorry for your loss. ETA: It's not any one thing w/ mine. Just whatever is handy. I'd be delighted if it were only pot...

Thank you and I hope there's a positive resolution for what you are dealing with.

I did spend a lot of time talking with the parent (who committed suicide) over the years and it was clear to see the impact of the incredible stress and worry that the addiction had caused. It is such a tragedy all the way around.

No, I don't judge. It's not a walk in the park for an addict to come off of Heroin, nor for an alcoholic to go through the d.t.s, and no one sets out in life to become a Heroin addict or an alcoholic or to die from lung cancer. My former spouse was addicted to alcohol to the point that it was their breakfast, lunch and supper. When their body finally broke down, the docs thought my ex wouldn't survive the withdrawal b/c of the severe malnutrition, but the wonders of modern medicine prevailed. A year and half later, and in a nursing home, it was over. I have a child who self medicates. I'm okay with self medication, (it's your body), until it negatively affects those around you, when that happens, then it's time to do some self-reflection. There is a surgery they can do for A-fib now. My family member had a very bad case of it and they performed surgery and she is better now. Have you looked into that? She'd had it all her life and they only recently talked to her about it and performed the surgery. It didn't do away with it completely but she is better.

ETA: I'm sorry, you said your little niece had, had the surgery. (I've been under the weather for a week now and am a bit fuzzy.) I hope all goes well for her.

I hope you get well soon. That is the surgeries they are trying with her now. To repair the defect. So far it is working but we keep praying though. They are making strides with it in that field.

I agree there becomes a point where addiction can cripple a person. Any addiction including gambling is self destructive. I have seen people lose everything gambling, even their health when stress over finances finally tears it down. They come in year after year with W-2 G's in the thousands and stories of losing their homes, cars, families ect. People you never think would do that, stable people who have worked and saved their whole lives suddenly begin cashing in 401K's, refinancing their homes, selling off stocks and bonds,all the while insisting they are winning. Sad.

My elderly mother had the Afib surgery a couple of years ago and it has worked extremely well for her. It eliminated the need to have to take medication for the Afib.

Heart attacks are killing most of mine. We were born with a defect in our heart that causes A-Fib and cardiomyopathy. From my grandfather, right down to the last member of the family, my great niece who is a year and a half and has already had three open heart surgeries. Then again I have a nephew who is in his early fifties and has been an alcoholic since his teens. He drinks every day and is in good health. No heart attacks or heart problems. He has outlived a lot of people in my family who didn't drink, smoke or take drugs so self medicating seems to be doing the trick for him.

So who's to judge the lifestyle of others?

My family hasn't been tested but I wouldn't be surprised if a genetic component is to blame for the heart problems that run through my family, too. It seems to be hit and miss and some family members who have abused themselves don't have it while others who have no vices, exercise regularly and who watch their fat grams have had serious heart problems. Go figure.

My elderly mother had the new Afib surgery a couple of years ago. She no longer has to take medication for Afib and hasn't had any issues at all.

On the "grow ops" and no pictures of it, I've always felt that 1 or more were inside 1 or more of the trailers. Both CRsr's and FR's didn't have windows in the front right side in photos. As a person who has lived in mobile homes a lot, I found the windows missing on the front kind of odd. Most are designed to have windows for each room. I don't know the designs of CRsr's (looks older than FR's?) or FR's, but usually there is large window in the living room facing the front of the trailer. Really JMO, windows are missing on those trailers. If the "grow/seedlings" were inside then we wouldn't have any pics because it would be in crime scene photos. Why none of the outside? I think it was to early for them to have been planted outside yet. Next to FR's there's a a aluminum frame, it looks like the ones people use to put young tobacco plants in before there planted in the fields in spring/early summer.

In the extended interview, LE said, they were both inside. I guess that could mean a trailer as much as any of the out buildings.

I found the trailer odd looking too. I've lived in one, years ago, and have family that have lived in them, and CR's does look odd. Although it wasn't a drug bust, I'd think that they'd have taken pics of the grows inside and not all of them would have been around the actual scenes of the deceased. At KR's, DS talks about seeing a "tray" of plants in the building. I think they've exaggerated the size and sophistication of the grows. They may have thought they were going to find evidence of more than what they found, but didn't.

Stone said he was unaware of any possible illegal activity at the home, but he did see several marijuana plants on the property.
“I walk in [to a garage] and I see a tray of marijuana plants on the floor and I turned around and I walk back out of the building and I say we need to call 911,” he explained. “We walk out to the road. We go up the road. I dial 911. We come back to the scene.”
http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

I didn't remember there being a garage on KR's property, so I got to thinking about it and went back to look. It's not a garage in the traditional sense, but, it's kind of like one I used to have. He had a m/c (he's shown on one in photos, anyway) and he probably parked it in there with his tools, along with the plants that DS "found".

I had forgotten how long KR's driveway was, too. It measured to around 211' and his walkway was 44'. So he's a good piece off of the road.

The garage, on the far left measured 26 x 13. That's room for his tools, a m/c, and to start a "tray of plants".

That little camper on the far right is about 8 x 20 so if no one lived there, it could be used for something, if it was still there in 2016.

The site won't let me upload the pic from my computer, of my shot of KR's property today, for some reason, or I'd have uploaded the screenshot. I don't know what's going on. I've had this happen in the past too.

There has not been one picture that shows any type of crime was committed. Definitely no pics of a grow operation....
nor of bodies being removed from the crime scenes. The media usually can snap a photo of a body bag being carried out of a scene or at least a photo of le holding up sheets/screens blocking onlookers from seeing the victims being removed. I only recall seeing an aerial shot of a trailer and a lone dog tied up on an adjacent patch of dirt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The same thing has happened to me and I live in a city with very good cell reception. The question I have is do the cell phone carrier records show when texts are actually sent, or perhaps the cell phone itself would carry that information?

I can't seem to find an answer to that on the Internet and it would be interesting to know.

This might help. Especially, as Granny, Ice9, and others have pointed out, when you don't often check your phone for messages, or coverage is spotty, or have it in airplane mode, you can get a flood of messages that were sent at all times during the day. The timestamp field in the programming code, equals the time that the sender's mobile network received the message from the sender's phone. This is not always correct. See the link for further information. There is even an app, the developer who wrote it talks about it in the link. It's called SMS Sent Time.

About SMS Sent Time:
Many Android devices only display the timestamp when a message was received (not sent). This is a problem when you receive messages while your phone is turned off (or has no network coverage). In this case you don't know when the message was really sent (as you only see the received time when you turn on the phone again). It appends the sent time to the message text (the original timestamp will be kept untouched).

If this is not what you were after let me know. Here is the link where SMS Sent Time's developer talks about the app and the timestamp field.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2695980

If what the reporter in the video is saying is accurate, LM told him his son sent the text at 2 a.m. In a different interview LM said his son sent the text earlier but it wasn't opened until 2 a.m.

It has always sounded to me (from the wording of the reports) as if JM and J W actually had a conversation via text that night. Could it be that JW's phone was off until 2am, at which time he responded to JM and JM responded back JW? The timeline would be, text sent as 9, text opened at 2 am when phone powered back on, and a few texts exchanged at that point? Unless using an app like FB messenger, in which case the times a message is sent and read are recorded.

Thanks rsd1200 for the link. First time I have seen Mr. DS.

Was there a sense of urgency to Mr. DS's story about telling whomever it was that they needed to call 911? If cell reception is poor then that explains why they had to "go up the road." Gives credence to JM and AM's texts being sent well before the estimated Time of Death, but not received until later.

This case, or should I saw cases are fascinating... I'm team Leonard. I don't think he had a thing to do with these murders. He's a smart man, very smart.

I think there were grows too. The garage (DR's I believe) and a small wooden shed with a curved roof and partially hidden by a tree. I can't remember which video I saw the wooden shed. It was very inconspicuous. Now if whomever owned them was getting to a point they proved to be competition to another larger grower that might put you in someone sights - literally!

First case I have heard of texts saving one's hide - if it is to be. Fascinating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983