OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what no honorable mention for you'uns? ;)

I did some research on weather conditions the night of 4/21 and the morning of 4/22 last year and the observations at the Wilmington Ohio station indicated light rain and temps in the 50s overnight. The station in Huntington WV to the southeast had similar observations.

Weather Underground is the site that I used as it has very detailed historical weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering if mud may have been tracked from outside sources. If LE could have been taking soil samples the other day at JW's. They were looking at a specific area around a horse trough and under a tree. Also there was crime scene tape around a barn. Could that all have been for soil samples to match to mud tracked in the crime scenes?

It is correct that some close members of JW's family are Jehovah Witnesses, but maybe not him?

what no honorable mention for you'uns? ;)

I think the correct term for that is "you'uns is all dagum Yankees ta me."

Believe it or not I can remember when everyone from up north was called foreigners or "faraners" around here. Down home country as in "they's faraners ya know, Yankees". Follow that with a flipping back of your Stetson while scraping your cowboy boot on the ground and a well aimed spit of snuff and you got it down pat.

I'm not LE but I was raised with a family member who was a homicide detective in a city that had its share of homicides. I heard a lot about his line of work, investigation techniques, psychological techniques, and over-all, how LE solves murder cases. This was long ago, in the 1960's, but my relative's team had an excellent solve and conviction rate in the days before dna testing was available and some of the cases were incredibly complex.

Based on what I heard from him and how he and his team went about solving murders, my thoughts are that LE had to question her the following reasons:

1. She is a close family member of the victims.
2. She found four of the bodies.
3. She contaminated two crime scenes by entering them and walking around.
4. How did she know Bentley was in FR's trailer and why did she she enter the second trailer after finding CR SR and GR murdered, especially when LE was on their way?
5. Why were the two other people with her so early in the morning and was this out of the ordinary or had she brought them with her before as she did her chores? Did either of her friends enter any of the homes?
6. What did she know about the grow operations?

Since they have given her two polygraphs (according to BJM), they apparently had a lot of questions for her. As for whether she passed the polygraphs, we only have her statement that she did.

As for suspicion of JM, we don't know for sure if he walked around in DR's home. I believe his wife reported that he opened the door, saw Dana and backed out. Again, he is also a close family member and he discovered a murder scene when LE was either on their way or had just gotten to the scene.

From LM we know now that JM sent a text to JW that night, at some point in time. We also know from LM that JM failed a polygraph recently. My guess is LE knows what was in that text message and exactly when he sent it. JM's wife was also texting DR at some point in time before the murders.

I know LM is extremely upset that LE continues to question his family, but those closest to the victims, especially close family members, are always first to be questioned when people are murdered. They have to be ruled out so LE can move forward in their investigation.

I don't for one minute believe that LE has some secret agenda to harass the Manley family or to try to pin a murder charge on JM. I do believe they have reason to believe that some members of the family have not been forthcoming with information and that could include inconsistent statements and/or not being able to satisfactorily explain certain things that are pertinent to the investigation. We don't know what LE knows. They aren't saying.

As LE has stated several times, they are being especially quiet about the case and this is taking a long time because they only have one chance to get it right and they want a successful prosecution when the time comes.

Edited to add: DeWine is a very ambitious man. This is the biggest murder case in the history of the state of Ohio. Is he going to put his reputation and future career on the line to enter into a conspiracy with some locals to harass the family of the murder victims? There's lots of talk about corruption and I'm not local, but I do know that there are lots of people involved in this case and it would take a huge conspiracy with many people to try to falsely hang a murder charge on an innocent person. All it would take is one person who knows of the conspiracy to talk (and that usually happens) and it would blow this sky high and DeWine would be ruined. I don't think he would take that chance, personally.

Those are all good questions. Since the murders, most have been answered. In the following interview with BJM, she discusses a lot of what happened that morning.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

She went to FR's trailer next door, to tell Frankie his father was dead, as most of us would have done. No one told her not to go there. Frankie's trailer was locked. She pounded on the door asking for Frankie to open it. She heard the toddler Brently inside, he opened the door. She went in, saw the carnage there and took the infant, Ruger, and Brently outside. As she was quoted saying: "I was not leaving those babies there." Most of us would have done the same.

In the interview she also said there was another couple with her that morning. In interviews, she said she thinks one of the couple may have followed her into one of the trailers. No doubt LE has asked her to not speak publicly about the case, so IIRC, she hasn't said much about the other couple. Internet speculation has been that they came by to water plants in CRSr's grow op. It's probably safe to assume she knew about it, but perhaps she didn't.

Yes, there's a lot we don't know. Yes, it's reasonable for LE to focus efforts on the people who discovered the bodies. It's also reasonable for LE to focus on the last people to see the victims alive. Until very recently, with the raid on the Wagner family farms, there was no indication LE was doing that. The murders were over a year ago and it's reasonable to ask why it took LE that long to search the properties of one of the last people to see the victims, who was having a disagreement with them.

It's also reasonable to ask why an outside reward for information was initially discouraged and later, information about the CrimeStoppers reward was not publicized until someone in the news media asked about it. In any investigation like this, it's expected for LE to distribute posters and information about the reward to generate tips, but that wasn't done for many months. The only poster created and distributed was done a few months ago by surviving family members.

The case has been locked down. Secrecy and sparse communication with the public and news media have become routine.

As for political motivations and conspiracies, we don't know. Similar things have happened before in the history of US crime. Neither DeWine nor Gov. Kasich are likely comfortable having to deal with this horrible crime, but it comes with the job description. Two major daily newspapers have concerns about the way the case has been handled and have filed suit to view the unredacted final autopsies. Neither of these newspapers has a history of muckraking, both have a long history of treating Ohio government leaders extremely favorably. The fact that they have concerns is significant. Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch rarely step out of line on coverage of state politicians. In the past, many have considered them the "dogs that don't bark". The fact that they're barking now, all the way to the Ohio Supreme Court, says a great deal.

Got a question for tlcya. How about an "I agree" button along with the "thanks button". Thanks don't always fit with what was posted.

I'm dying to know what this supposed P&G connection is...half of Southwestern Ohio is connected to P&G in someway. Have more details?

Click here: Ohio AG: Killings 'pre-planned,' pot grows found at murder sites | 9news.com

I was looking at MSM photos and this is a photo of DR's home the morning the bodies were discovered.

Is it just me or does the pavement outside look wet? I don't remember this ever being discussed on here. But if it rained the night of the murders is it possible there was muddy footprints at the crime scenes, especially FR and KR's neither of whom had a sidewalk. Or, if not footprints, at the very least mud tracked in by the killers?

Opinion anyone?

Those are all good questions. Since the murders, most have been answered. In the following interview with BJM, she discusses a lot of what happened that morning.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

She went to FR's trailer next door, to tell Frankie his father was dead, as most of us would have done. No one told her not to go there. Frankie's trailer was locked. She pounded on the door asking for Frankie to open it. She heard the toddler Brently inside, he opened the door. She went in, saw the carnage there and took the infant, Ruger, and Brently outside. As she was quoted saying: "I was not leaving those babies there." Most of us would have done the same.

In the interview she also said there was another couple with her that morning. In interviews, she said she thinks one of the couple may have followed her into one of the trailers. No doubt LE has asked her to not speak publicly about the case, so IIRC, she hasn't said much about the other couple. Internet speculation has been that they came by to water plants in CRSr's grow op. It's probably safe to assume she knew about it, but perhaps she didn't.

Yes, there's a lot we don't know. Yes, it's reasonable for LE to focus efforts on the people who discovered the bodies. It's also reasonable for LE to focus on the last people to see the victims alive. Until very recently, with the raid on the Wagner family farms, there was no indication LE was doing that. The murders were over a year ago and it's reasonable to ask why it took LE that long to search the properties of one of the last people to see the victims, who was having a disagreement with them.

It's also reasonable to ask why an outside reward for information was initially discouraged and later, information about the CrimeStoppers reward was not publicized until someone in the news media asked about it. In any investigation like this, it's expected for LE to distribute posters and information about the reward to generate tips, but that wasn't done for many months. The only poster created and distributed was done a few months ago by surviving family members.

The case has been locked down. Secrecy and sparse communication with the public and news media have become routine.

As for political motivations and conspiracies, we don't know. Similar things have happened before in the history of US crime. Neither DeWine nor Gov. Kasich are likely comfortable having to deal with this horrible crime, but it comes with the job description. Two major daily newspapers have concerns about the way the case has been handled and have filed suit to view the unredacted final autopsies. Neither of these newspapers has a history of muckraking, both have a long history of treating Ohio government leaders extremely favorably. The fact that they have concerns is significant. Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch rarely step out of line on coverage of state politicians. In the past, many have considered them the "dogs that don't bark". The fact that they're barking now, all the way to the Ohio Supreme Court, says a great deal.

Great post!

It is correct that some close members of JW's family are Jehovah Witnesses, but maybe not him?

His comment that they don't participate in Halloween made me lean toward him being a Jehovah Witness. Many pics of S are gone now and new one has popped up. I believe that they are in AK or very far north.

His comment that they don't participate in Halloween made me lean toward him being a Jehovah Witness. Many pics of S are gone now and new one has popped up. I believe that they are in AK or very far north.
Thank you. Here is a very interesting article about what the Jehovah Witnesses don't believe. It may be that they could be estranged from several of their extended family. I wonder how long JW and parents, etc. have been practicing their religion?

Any indication in their posts as to whether they plan to return? It's a most bizarre situation. Never heard of another murder case where LE executes search warrants on properties of the last person to see the victims, then allows them to disappear with a child whose custody was a possible motive in those murders. No search for the child, nothing.

Adding a link to this video of an interview that reporter Chris Graves did with DeWine a while back. In it she asks if the rumor is true that the FBI offered their assistance in the case and were refused. DeWine dodges the question.

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2016/08/20/89051460/

Any indication in their posts as to whether they plan to return? It's a most bizarre situation. Never heard of another murder case where LE executes search warrants on properties of the last person to see the victims, then allows them to disappear with a child whose custody was a possible motive in those murders. No search for the child, nothing.

Adding a link to this video of an interview that reporter Chris Graves did with DeWine a while back. In it she asks if the rumor is true that the FBI offered their assistance in the case and were refused. DeWine dodges the question.

DeWine wanted the glory and to showcase why he'd be a good Governor and found out he was in big trouble with this case....

I have also read they are hard core Baptist

This could be true as well. There are different layers of each branch of religion that has folks who don't believe in letting kids celebrate Halloween. I was raised Pentecostal but my parents allowed us to have all the Halloween fun we liked. If the Ws didn't celebrate other holidays, or birthdays (LM said he wouldn't bring her over to get a bday gift), then that would speak more to Jehovah's Witness. I had a few of those scattered throughout the family tree.

BBM
None. They all look as a happy as a horse in high clover.

Websleuths won't let me edit my post (not because of time limit). Here is the link about Jehovah Witnesses. I hope this ok to post.http://thejehovahswitnesses.org/thi...oducts. I'm doing good to follow the Big 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue