OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with pretty much everything you guys have posted so far. It's been awhile since I had a c-section with my child, but I was in there for 5 days and cut from one side to the next. They staple the skin back together and it's pretty uncomfortable for awhile. I don't see anyone "going fishing" after just being out of the hospital for a few days. Sorry I don't believe that story.

I don't believe that either. Was there some reason for telling this story, which seems very far fetched? She wasn't even out of the hospital for a 'few days' it was, as the story goes, four days after she had a c-section.

Good summary of the glaring inconsistencies in Chris G's article (she delivers, once again!).

Ms Wagner overreaches quite a bit on some of those statements, especially when she says Hanna took SR to the Wagner place on Friday. That's not what has been reported by others and it seems unlikely HR would make such an effort when she's at home nursing a 4 day old baby. Would love to know how her conversation went with JW that day when he picked her up.

I wonder if the W family is getting legal advice? Seems unlikely as these public statements could come back to haunt them in the future. Either that or they feel confident they will not be arrested or prosecuted.
How about I'm about to have a baby so you keep our daughter until I get home...none of us know one single person involved in the horrible case yet act like they know these people and k ow they're guilty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Checking facts. Who said the warrant for the GPS was based on that text message. Unless I am wrong, I haven't seen this as a statement from LE. LM said it.

Do I believe more LM or JW ? I don't know.

I do agree these warrants were issued and LE came with force for good reasons. Also, the story on HR/JW handover of S** is inconsistent.
She may indeed have dropped her off that day and he may have picked her up when he said he did...nobody said S stayed with her dad that whole time

Please don't apologize. Like it or not, this country's perception is that men are stronger willed, more capable, harder working and more intelligent than women. That is why men are often higher paid for the same job. For you people to think I am stronger willed, more capable, harder working and more intelligent than you think a woman should be is nothing but a compliment to me.
But women know the truth :)

She may indeed have dropped her off that day and he may have picked her up when he said he did...nobody said S stayed with her dad that whole time

The scenario you describe is credible. However in the last C.Graves article based on recent emails from the W family, it appears the child was with the father the whole week. This is how I read it.

However the week before the killings, Rhoden dropped Sophia off on Friday, April 15, Wagner said. He was to return the towheaded toddler to her mom the following Friday, which was April 22 – the day the bodies were discovered.

No mention of the fact JW saw the baby, most probably at the hospital, according to a july interview with the same C.Graves

How about I'm about to have a baby so you keep our daughter until I get home...none of us know one single person involved in the horrible case yet act like they know these people and k ow they're guilty

I agree very much. The only thing though, it's different from the interview reported in july 2016.

I agree. Actually, if it's coming from an inmate, it could be very significant or a complete hoax.

However, if it was an inmate's lie, it had to be credible and resonate with a track LE was on.

Also, the Sheriff threatened people who were not disclosing everything they knew. It's possible the show of force is part of the tactics.

How many times LE interviewed, the Ws: 1, 2, 3 times or more? If each of these interviews were smooth and convincing I doubt LE would show with a SWAT team on a fake tip.

BBM

Exactly. Oddly enough, inmates will lie though, and they're pretty smooth at it, especially when there's something in it for them. Like a nice drive in the country and some actually edible food that's served on something other than a zoo tray. If they get lucky, and hit upon something out there, maybe they'll shave a little time off of their sentence. Maybe LE has lied to them and told them it would help shave time off of their sentence or they'd give anyone a deal who helped out. Why not give it a go? What'cha got to lose except a little freedom for a few hours?

Hearsay that's used to get that search warrant may not even be able to be used in the criminal trial so is it really all that solid? All it has to do is give them probable cause. Probable cause could be the fact that the Ws and the Rs had a relationship born out of little S, and LM had publicly stated that there was a custody thing going on back in April of 2016, right after the murders. LM also said there was a text between JM and JW on the night of the murders. Add the inmate's affidavit and that's pretty much probable cause to grant a search warrant in this murder case (I'd think). Devil's Advocate.

It's outside of ToS, it's a good rule we should respect. The person is hurt by the scrutiny, we should at least follow our own rules.

Thanks, I forgot as well...

The scenario you describe is credible. However in the last C.Graves article based on recent emails from the W family, it appears the child was with the father the whole week. This is how I read it.

However the week before the killings, Rhoden dropped Sophia off on Friday, April 15, Wagner said. He was to return the towheaded toddler to her mom the following Friday, which was April 22 – the day the bodies were discovered.

No mention of the fact JW saw the baby, most probably at the hospital, according to a july interview with the same C.Graves
Wait a minute. Jake said he picked the toddler up that evening and said, "We must have just missed it (meaning the massacre). Is Jake changing his story?

It's outside of ToS, it's a good rule we should respect. The person is hurt by the scrutiny, we should at least follow our own rules.
It's against ToS on Websleuths to post quotes or info from Facebook. It's okay to post "something of interest was posted on Facebook".

Imo, AW seems to not be bothered by scrutiny.

I don't know if KR2 was trying to give us a hint, or just outright lied. Her story of a last minute babysitting job and boyfriends toothache didn't ring true to me either. In fact all the stories of the people who were to spend the night with the Rhoden's/Gilley sound far-fetched to me. Are "they" being told to make up stories, or are they doing it on their own?
"IF" the Wags are suspect, why haven't they arrested them? Every time we get any info, it leads to more speculation. Was the search just a diversion to keep us from the autopsies? I've noticed that there hasn't been a word about anyone going to court about them lately.

I don't know if KR2 was trying to give us a hint, or just outright lied. Her story of a last minute babysitting job and boyfriends toothache didn't ring true to me either. In fact all the stories of the people who were to spend the night with the Rhoden's/Gilley sound far-fetched to me. Are "they" being told to make up stories, or are they doing it on their own?
"IF" the Wags are suspect, why haven't they arrested them? Every time we get any info, it leads to more speculation. Was the search just a diversion to keep us from the autopsies? I've noticed that there hasn't been a word about anyone going to court about them lately.
I'm not buying all of them either. DS seems just full of it to me. I just do not see HMR out driving after a C-section. Maybe she did but it's usually at least a two day stay in the hospital (things have advanced somewhat) but still no driving for at least six weeks is the normal recommendation. They said she was driving her red jeep, that afternoon, and went fishing with KR2, after a C-section four days earlier, plus she was a nursing mother. My daughter nursed one of hers. Probably all babies and situations are different but for the first few days she couldn't hardly set him down. He was like a stick tight. Wonder who KR2's bf was? Why not just pull over and get in with HMR? Also, for them to be soooo close, I don't see a lot of comments or likes by KR2 on HMR's FB.

Things about the W's search that standout to me. They drove truck, if something was being trafficked then someone needs to traffic it. Hints why the special trafficking unit was involved in the search. Second if grandma owns a 2000 acre farm why are you renting space or parking trailers full of all your personal belongings in some car lot? 2000 acres is absolutely huge, I mean the driveway in the video could've easily housed those trailers. The driveway and property are gated too so safer then just on the side of the road. JMO

To be factual, I haven't seen links to:
- C-Section
- fishing day
Does anyone have links?

Wait a minute. Jake said he picked the toddler up that evening and said, "We must have just missed it (meaning the massacre). Is Jake changing his story?

Well his previous statement: "I reckon we missed it by a few hours" also works in his recently published declaration. He was to bring her back later on april 22th.

I wonder if C.Graves made a mistake in her previous report, mixed up the SR and BR story and JW did not bother to request a correction. Idk. Not impossible. Reporters do mistakes.

I agree. Actually, if it's coming from an inmate, it could be very significant or a complete hoax.

However, if it was an inmate's lie, it had to be credible and resonate with a track LE was on.

Also, the Sheriff threatened people who were not disclosing everything they knew. It's possible the show of force is part of the tactics.

How many times LE interviewed, the Ws: 1, 2, 3 times or more? If each of these interviews were smooth and convincing I doubt LE would show with a SWAT team on a fake tip.

BBM
If each of these interviews were smooth and convincing I doubt LE would show with a SWAT team on a fake tip.

I agree with you. We all know prisoners lie. We all know they make up stuff to get a plea deal, get a day out, whatever. But if we know it, LE knows it a hundred times over, because they deal with prisoners every single day.

I am sure LE has seen every trick prisoners play a thousand times over. So I am equally sure that the BCI, DTF, SWAT and at least two counties didn't roll out 33 units for three days and waste all that manpower based on a prisoners tip that may or may not have been the truth.

I am also sure that judge that signed the search warrant has seen every trick in the book that prisoners play, so I am sure he/she did not sign it based on some random prisoners fantasy.

And I am very sure they didn't take that enclosed trailer full of personal possessions because some LE officer wanted to move his furniture. There is something in that trailer belonging to the W's that ties into the R murders.

They had evidence the W's were somehow connected to the R's murders, they said it publicly, "these searches are connected to the Rhoden family murders." Given the tiny amount of information LE releases about this case, that statement was huge, a virtual bombshell.

They also said the same thing about JM. "This GPS tracker was put on the vehicle in connection with the Rhoden family murders." I feel sorry for LM, but I am not going to allow that to blind me to the fact that LE believes JM is connected to his sister's murder. If they are putting pressure on him, then they have evidence to do so.

We only know a tiny fraction of what the LE working this case knows, so I think that until we do know, it is prudent of us to listen to the trickle of information LE is giving us and not assume that LE is lying to us every time they make a statement. Because I don't think they are.

And just for the record, AW's whining about her devastated life aside, LE knows exactly what effect stating that a search of someone's property is connected to a murder will have on those people's lives. So they don't do that for fun and they don't publicly state that often, especially based on some random prisoner's tip.

I will say it again. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I agree with pretty much everything you guys have posted so far. It's been awhile since I had a c-section with my child, but I was in there for 5 days and cut from one side to the next. They staple the skin back together and it's pretty uncomfortable for awhile. I don't see anyone "going fishing" after just being out of the hospital for a few days. Sorry I don't believe that story.

BBM

I don't believe it either.

BBM

And no mention of the fact that in all the prior interviews he has given he picked S up at 10:30 PM the night of the murders. "Just missed it by hours" he said.

One way or another, he lied.

BBM

Exactly. Oddly enough, inmates will lie though, and they're pretty smooth at it, especially when there's something in it for them. Like a nice drive in the country and some actually edible food that's served on something other than a zoo tray. If they get lucky, and hit upon something out there, maybe they'll shave a little time off of their sentence. Maybe LE has lied to them and told them it would help shave time off of their sentence or they'd give anyone a deal who helped out. Why not give it a go? What'cha got to lose except a little freedom for a few hours?

Hearsay that's used to get that search warrant may not even be able to be used in the criminal trial so is it really all that solid? All it has to do is give them probable cause. Probable cause could be the fact that the Ws and the Rs had a relationship born out of little S, and LM had publicly stated that there was a custody thing going on back in April of 2016, right after the murders. LM also said there was a text between JM and JW on the night of the murders. Add the inmate's affidavit and that's pretty much probable cause to grant a search warrant in this murder case (I'd think). Devil's Advocate.

How about a little less freedom because a little more time is added to your sentence for an obstruction of justice charge for deliberately misleading or lying to LE?

Casey Anthony could probably give them some advice on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0