OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that everything in your post is a possibility but, AM said he heard the baby crying, and didn't want to see his niece "like that". BJM, on the other hand, and I've studied on her hard too, to be fair, did run right in there and scoop that baby out from between it's deceased parents, get the toddler and go back out. I feel like, if I heard the baby crying, I'd had to have gone in, I feel like I'd had to have gone in to make sure I couldn't have rendered aid in some way. That's my whole problem w/JM and that doesn't mean he's guilty, it just placed an uneasy feeling, of sorts, in my mind. Just like the photo of HMR, CH, and S, it in no way implicates the Ws, but id did make me wonder, could that have been the straw that tipped the dominoes?

Yes, I understand.

Personally, I would've gone in as well.

My dear husband on the other hand, would freeze or faint. It's just how he's wired.

Much like the fight, flight or freeze response, I believe people can either respond, react or freeze when they're in a horrifying situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will wait for an arrest...as of now there hasn't been any and last time I checked we still have innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...and I don't believe opinions on here count

I don't think they do either, because that's all they are...opinions. If I had any real proof I would be camped out in Sheriff Readers office right now. But I don't, all I have is my opinion, just like you have yours. Time will tell who's opinion holds the most water. In the meantime, we will all wait.

I bet that neighbor is locked and loaded with guns hanging out the windows and binoculars in hand. Even the bears are probably contemplating a move to Ohio or at least Anchorage. It didn't take him long to dial up Ohio and the Alaska state troopers (the neighbor, not the bears). I am thinking that PCSO is overloaded with tips from AK right now.

Ask and you shall receive...

AK police inundated with calls.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/alaska-ohio-police-inundated-with-pike-county-murders-tips/95sQ8zYaiXCZfhN8KEkbqK/

The last part of the Preacher Man's statement, "I think they're trying to move on." Rubs me the wrong way. With all due respect, I think the victims of the massacre would very much like to move on ALIVE too instead of shot in the head and dead. I have a hard time seeing the survivors being able to move forward as they get older if they do not have great counseling about this life altering event!

I realize I draw upon my own experiences a lot of the time, (I've had a somewhat colorful life), but I do try and make them broad, as I don't want for someone to read this at some point down the road and say, oh, that's so and so and they live at thus and such, and they're talking about what happened to that one kid of theirs, or that neighbor down the road! I can understand them wanting to move on (especially if innocent). We've had family and friends, who have taken their own life. No one comes to the home and makes things look as if that didn't happen afterward. The family has to do that, unless you've got money. One of my little ones in the family will never know their father, but life had to go on, and as this child grows up (they were about S's age at the time S lost her Moma), and asks questions about why their name is different, who is that man in that picture holding them as a baby? Then they're answered in the best way we can, but for the sake of the children, (there's a 1/2 sibling), but life had to go on. It certainly wasn't what was expected in their future. No one saw it coming. The Ws, guilty or not, seem to be making the children's lives somewhat normal. I worry for the kids. Not just SW and BW, but little B, R, and the now one year old. Life has to move on for the three children who were there that day too, and I hope they have the support and love to help them to move on. My little one asked for several months after, where their father was. I'm sure little S asked about her Momma too. I'm not comparing them as the same tragedies, just that kids need some sense of normalcy. I don't know that life will ever be normal for any of the kids touched by this though. :sigh:

"I talked with the Wagner family today and they have assured me that this is just an accusation. So we will just leave it at that.

What did he expect them to say? "yeah hey we did it."? I bet that neighbor is nervous right now and not just about the bear population in the area.

On another note, Kendra R looks very happy with the latest developments.

Kendra Rhoden, whose father, aunt, uncle, and cousins were killed, said she feels as if investigators are making progress in the case.
"I do believe they are getting closer," she said. "I believe every day they get closer."

Neighbor: Hello new neighbors. What brings you this way?
New Neighbors: Got a couple hours? Pull up a seat.
Neighbor: :hills:

I did giggle to myself a little when the neighbor says they didn't mention the murders. "So hey, we are the new neighbors, nice to meet you. By the way, my little girl's mom and 7 of her relatives were brutally murdered a year and a half ago. There are rumors about a custody dispute between me and her, and that my family might be involved. That's why we moved to Alaska with no jobs, had to get away from all that. Bears you say? Darn it, we sold all our guns to random people from Craig's List for cash, do you have one we can borrow? For the bears, ya know."

BBM
:laughing:

When they start lugging out all of the deer trophies, the bear will probably look at one another and say, time to head for the hills guys.

Yes, I understand.

Personally, I would've gone in as well.

My dear husband on the other hand, would freeze or faint. It's just how he's wired.

Much like the fight, flight or freeze response, I believe people can either respond, react or freeze when they're in a horrifying situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see where you are coming from and this is in no way to compare to the loss of human life but, with us, when one of the critters kicks the bucket, or must be put down, one of us is okay with taking care of the bagging for burial, or sitting with the animal while it is being put down. (Me) The other is cool with digging the hole and putting them to rest after I've done the bagging/boxing (well, unless it's a horse). One of us is fine with going to the cemetery but the other nearly refuses. People are different. I guess w/JM, I'd have thought, being so close to his family that he'd have felt he had to go inside (not b/c he was a male, but b/c it was his family), and how did he know for sure that they were all deceased.

"I talked with the Wagner family today and they have assured me that this is just an accusation. So we will just leave it at that.

What did he expect them to say? "yeah hey we did it."? I bet that neighbor is nervous right now and not just about the bear population in the area.

Kendra Rhoden, whose father, aunt, uncle, and cousins were killed, said she feels as if investigators are making progress in the case.
"I do believe they are getting closer," she said. "I believe every day they get closer."

But Kendra said she was sure JW had nothing to do with it....Or something to that effect....

Interesting they crossed the border in North Dakota. That makes for a somewhat slow, circuitous route to southern AK. Almost as if they didn't want to cross at a more busy border station and attract unwanted attention.

It is possible to go to Alaska to hide or escape. Many people with a past have escaped to Alaska and quietly started a new life.

However, Seward and the Kenai Penninsula is not the place to hide. They should have gone to Kake. Or Little Diomede. Or any off-the-grid place and if they kept to themselves they might have had a chance.

It is possible to go to Alaska to hide or escape. Many people with a past have escaped to Alaska and quietly started a new life.

However, Seward and the Kenai Penninsula is not the place to hide. They should have gone to Kake. Or Little Diomede. Or any off-the-grid place and if they kept to themselves they might have had a chance.

I am pretty sure that a single person or even a couple could get fake ids and hide, but this is an unusual family structure, that would stand out a bit, wherever they went.

Where they're at is fairly well populated. Cinemas, steak houses, Home Depot, MickyDs... Seems they didn't plan well if they wanted to hide.

Interesting they crossed the border in North Dakota. That makes for a somewhat slow, circuitous route to southern AK. Almost as if they didn't want to cross at a more busy border station and attract unwanted attention.

If you put the route from Peebles, OH to Kenai, Alaska, into Google Maps, going through ND is the route that it suggests. It's almost like every move they've made has been, "Hey, look at us.". That's THE route that Google Maps suggests. I'd not take that one if I were trying to go across a bit more discreetly but maybe that one is discreet. Idk. Never been to Canada.

I think the issue with Clarence R played a big role in AW not wanting to move to AK and leave little SW with the R's. I am in no way implying this is even remotely true, I just think with gossip in a small town the way it is, it was a factor. JW first tried to get HR to come back to him, then he and his father tried to get her to sign away parental rights. She refused. So they found another way.

Your last sentence...BINGO. Shared parenting wasn't good enough

The father looks like his feathers ruffled in a very unpleasant way but GW's face, that's a look of pure contempt. Not like any DL photo I've ever seen.

http://www.ktva.com/family-wanted-ohio-killings-may-alaska-253/

No, he is trying to look tough, but he looks to me like a little fat boy who went for his DL photo with a tough boy singlet on. In my country his attire is called underwear and you do not get your DL photo taken in your underwear. He would be told to put a shirt on.

I'm hearing rumors of more police searches in Pike County tonight. Maybe the W's are breaking their silence and telling what they know. Maybe the Alaska trip was a way to get out of the line of fire before they told what they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez