OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I have been tossing around the thought that DR maybe was killed later around 3 AM. But it still makes more sense that KR was killed last at around 4 AM.

O/T

The mountain boomers make great pets because you can catch them in the wild and within a couple of days they are friendly enough to climb on your shoulder. You have to know how to feed them in captivity though because they will starve to death fairly quickly. You just can't put crickets in their cage you have to actually hold them and stick the cricket in their mouth.

The boomers are fast!!! They stand up on their hind legs and run like humans. But you can catch them sunning on a rock and just pick them up. They are curiously unafraid of humans once they are caught and adapt very easily to whoever is feeding them. They love riding on your shoulder and will get attached to their human owners and actually come to you when they are hungry.

I think that is why they were so heavily poached at one time and sell for so much.

Been pondering with the daybreak, and tossed in what I'd think were rise and shine for work schedules, babies, etc...

I've a feeling everything was said and done between the hours of 1 a.m., and, at the latest, 5:00 a.m. There are several people on that road, and some would maybe be getting up, and ready for work around that time, I'd guess. (KR himself would have been getting ready to head out near that time.) KR may have been getting ready for work, getting dressed, putting his billfold in order, and got a knock on the door and heard a familiar voice.

It seems the Rhodens were likely early risers, two mothers would likely be getting up early to feed and change babies, and w/little B staying over he'd still be of an age that he'd probably be up early, probably as a routine since his mother worked 50 miles away, and he went to day care. He was probably used to being up around 6:00 at least, to be dressed and ready, and as far as we know, he saw nothing. His mother spoke of him going to FR's bedroom, and saying his father's hand just fell. He was probably trying to wake them, like he normally did, when he stayed there. FR worked at the local sawmill so he'd normally have been up and getting ready for work by at least 6:30 or so, I'd think. I'm not sure when the one he worked at opened, but around here ours are usually open by 8 a.m.

It's been said that DR picked up that extra shift b/c someone couldn't make it in, and was going in the next morning, so she'd have likely been getting up by around 6-6:30 too. I think she was probably making her last post for the night at 12:59 and getting ready to turn in. If what AM says is correct, she may have went to the door, and let them right in.

If your day is fairly routine in an area, you may not call the law, but you do take note of vehicles and such that are "out of place". So they'd not want to be seen by the folks on the road. If I see a strange vehicle pulled into any areas of the farm, I'm taking note, and if there's someone visible, I'll usually roll up close enough to ask them what their business is. Some will give you a real story...

JK , you were pondering something earlier, ready to share yet?

OT/ Raisin you are making me want a Boomer!!! :please:

Been pondering with the daybreak, and tossed in what I'd think were rise and shine for work schedules, babies, etc...

I've a feeling everything was said and done between the hours of 1 a.m., and, at the latest, 5:00 a.m. There are several people on that road, and some would maybe be getting up, and ready for work around that time, I'd guess. (KR himself would have been getting ready to head out near that time.) KR may have been getting ready for work, getting dressed, putting his billfold in order, and got a knock on the door and heard a familiar voice.

It seems the Rhodens were likely early risers, two mothers would likely be getting up early to feed and change babies, and w/little B staying over he'd still be of an age that he'd probably be up early, probably as a routine since his mother worked 50 miles away, and he went to day care. He was probably used to being up around 6:00 at least, to be dressed and ready, and as far as we know, he saw nothing. His mother spoke of him going to FR's bedroom, and saying his father's hand just fell. He was probably trying to wake them, like he normally did, when he stayed there. FR worked at the local sawmill so he'd normally have been up and getting ready for work by at least 6:30 or so, I'd think. I'm not sure when the one he worked at opened, but around here ours are usually open by 8 a.m.

It's been said that DR picked up that extra shift b/c someone couldn't make it in, and was going in the next morning, so she'd have likely been getting up by around 6-6:30 too. I think she was probably making her last post for the night at 12:59 and getting ready to turn in. If what AM says is correct, she may have went to the door, and let them right in.

If your day is fairly routine in an area, you may not call the law, but you do take note of vehicles and such that are "out of place". So they'd not want to be seen by the folks on the road. If I see a strange vehicle pulled into any areas of the farm, I'm taking note, and if there's someone visible, I'll usually roll up close enough to ask them what their business is. Some will give you a real story...

JK , you were pondering something earlier, ready to share yet?

OT/ Raisin you are making me want a Boomer!!! :please:

I've had a theory for a long while on the order of the events:

1st) KR's home
2nd) DR's home
3rd) FR's home
4th) CR's home

Note that it is exactly the reverse order to which they were found. Food for thought.

Why this order?

a) KR lives further and was either done first or last. One family member said in MSM she wondered about if KR's gun was missing. I don't think it was a random comment. LE would find out it was used in other homes and would ask questions.

b) FR's and CR's were neighbors and done together. 6 to 8 shots in bed at FR. While at CRs, they were up and there was a struggle with possibly a dozen shots.* My theory is they went to FR first and CR heard something.

c) It didn't go as planned at CR. It's the only place, where perps risked their lives. I would find less likely they continue to other homes.

d) The attempt to hide the body at CR could indicate they felt the pressure of time and from daylight coming up.

e) i've always thought, for more than a year now, this drama is set around HMR giving birth.* It's too much for a random coincidence. I still believe so. Her home was done early.

It's just a theory. I could be wrong. It's how I see it.

Is there an unofficial timeline somewhere? I haven't found it on the media thread. I guess DR left work around 11:00 p.m. and home by 11:30. Posting on FB around that time. Thinking about RSD1200's link regarding more recent unsolved murders of mothers and daughters was scary! Lots of coincidences.

O/T: I want a mountain boomer! They are gorgeous! We have sand racers here in East Texas and used to have horny toads. They are said to spit blood from their eyes when threatened. I never witnessed it personally though and I used to catch'em by the dozens as a kid in the peanut fields. Fire ants and pesticides decimated them here. Their food source was mainly leaf cutter ants. They still have them more north of us. Maybe Oklahoma too? I love those little skinks. Usually see them when I'm moving pots and outdoor rugs around. The chickens love them - unfortunately. They will eat the baby sand racers too if they can catch'em. We have geckos too! A lot of geckos! A friend gave us 3 several years ago and the population has exploded since then. Love those geckos!

There's the original one in the first couple pages of the media and timeline thread. I've updated it but haven't posted it yet. It's on my laptop and I'm on my tablet right now but will post it tomorrow. IIRC, the turkey hunter's info was in the comment section of an early news article. We couldn't post it here because it was considered rumor. But yeah, I recall it as being between 4 and 4:30 am. Hope this helps.

1st) KR's home
2nd) DR's home
3rd) FR's home
4th) CR's home

Note that it is exactly the reverse order to which they were found. Food for thought.

Why this order?

a) KR lives further and was either done first or last. One family member said in MSM she wondered about if KR's gun was missing. I don't think it was a random comment. LE would find out it was used in other homes and would ask questions.

b) FR's and CR's were neighbors and done together. 6 to 8 shots in bed at FR. While at CRs, they were up and there was a struggle with possibly a dozen shots.* My theory is they went to FR first and CR heard something.

c) It didn't go as planned at CR. It's the only place, where perps risked their lives. I would find less likely they continue to other homes.

d) The attempt to hide the body at CR could indicate they felt the pressure of time and from daylight coming up.

e) i've always thought, for more than a year now, this drama is set around HMR giving birth.* It's too much for a random coincidence. I still believe so. Her home was done early.

Interesting theory. I'm still of the opinion there were 2 teams of killers. CRSR and GR were first because CRSR represented the greatest threat and would be the first one called if any victim could get to their phone. Team 2 would have gone to KR home, the other team to DRs. JMO the killings were done fairly quickly, the time consuming part was searching for whatever was stolen and taking all the cameras, etc.

Just a theory, it's difficult to say exactly how they moved without knowing more.

1st) KR's home
2nd) DR's home
3rd) FR's home
4th) CR's home

Why this order?

I pretty much agree with your theory on who/when. I think there were more than two folks, in addition to a driver, and they used a car or truck. That terrain around there is very rugged and time was of the essence so I don't see walking in, nor riding four-wheelers part ways, and walking the rest of the way, then walking back to four-wheelers, and riding back out.

a) I've wondered if they took the gun, or if they left it, and tried to make KR look like a murderer/then suicide. I've wondered if KR happened to see something that night that made him victim 8, or if they truly thought they could make it look like he'd cracked up and done this.

b) & c) Agree. Maybe they were waiting for lights to go out and to give time for them to go to sleep at CR1's. Seems their plan hinged on catching everyone asleep and off-guard. I'm sure they planned on CR1 & GR being the most difficult. I agree. They almost lost it there.

d) Agree. Moving a deceased, adult, male's body is not an easy task. It's not like you see in the movies. If CR1's body was covered was it remorse or was it just b/c there was a window in that room?

e) If it were planned around HMR's birth of the baby then it had to be able to be adjustable. Her due date was not until later but due to something unforeseen she had an earlier c-section, iirc. The whole plan had to be very well put together, and flexible for the assailants, and just my thoughts, there had to be at least one, if not more, folks who were privy to the schedules of eight people living in four different homes. Someone who was close enough to know those things yet was okay with divulging the info to someone else. Did they know what was going to happen? Did they think they were only going to rob or beat up certain ones (and did they have their own bone to pick with the Rs)? Was it info gleaned just from chatting up someone, regularly, and being friendly?

Based on what AM has said about JM seeing part of DR as he walked in, I think that DR's place was likely first and she'd just not gone to sleep, and had possibly let them walk right inside. HMR was probably exhausted, and just a guess, but maybe didn't much wake up, and if she did, was probably disoriented. Based on LMs comments, CR2 heard. I'd guess he may have even still have been awake.

Interesting theory. I'm still of the opinion there were 2 teams of killers. CRSR and GR were first because CRSR represented the greatest threat and would be the first one called if any victim could get to their phone. Team 2 would have gone to KR home, the other team to DRs. JMO the killings were done fairly quickly, the time consuming part was searching for whatever was stolen and taking all the cameras, etc.

Just a theory, it's difficult to say exactly how they moved without knowing more.

The more this has gone on, I'm leaning toward the opinion that there could have been two teams of two, and a driver. The only thing that causes me hesitation on that number is that means there are more people who could slip up, or get a conscience, or brag to a s/o or to someone else who hated the Rs, (but not enough to kill them), and that person could turn these folks in if they knew.

1st) KR's home
2nd) DR's home
3rd) FR's home
4th) CR's home

Why this order?

This is a good and interesting theory. Another theory I have is that there were at least two teams killing and there was some time spent in one home interrogating someone. I go back and forth on this. On one hand why would someone be interrogating someone if it was about custody so that is where my theory stumbles.

This is a good and interesting theory. Another theory I have is that there were at least two teams killing and there was some time spent in one home interrogating someone. I go back and forth on this. On one hand why would someone be interrogating someone if it was about custody so that is where my theory stumbles.
I do believe it is too close to HR's delivery to be a coincidence. But I would not go as far as saying it is about a custody issue. Although it is possible. There could be a lot of different motives.

For example, just to appetize your imagination:

- rejected father, unhappy not to be on the birth certificate
- babysick jealous woman
- cult or pro-life extremists

All of the above are possible. There are no named suspects yet.

Authorities seek information about family regarding Pike County slayings - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Three children, including a newborn daughter of Hanna’s, were found alive with the bodies but physically unharmed. Sophia was not at her mother’s trailer that night. Jake Wagner later told investigators the toddler had been with him. He also said that he thought he was the father of Hanna’s newborn, Kylie Rhoden, but court-ordered paternity tests ordered after Hanna died showed that wasn’t the case.

Finally some confirmation.

"Reader says other individuals involved in the ring were trafficking methamphetamine, and heroin believed to be containing fentanyl, throughout the county.*Approximately $10,000 cash, one recreation vehicle, four ATV’s, two motorcycles, nine vehicles, and an estimated 70 prepaid credit cards used in the funding and trafficking of drugs were also seized."

I do believe it is too close to HR's delivery to be a coincidence. But I would not go as far as saying it is about a custody issue. Although it is possible. There could be a lot of different motives.

- babysick jealous woman

Or, a father who never wanted to be identfied as the father....

Authorities seek information about family regarding Pike County slayings - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Three children, including a newborn daughter of Hanna’s, were found alive with the bodies but physically unharmed. Sophia was not at her mother’s trailer that night. Jake Wagner later told investigators the toddler had been with him. He also said that he thought he was the father of Hanna’s newborn, Kylie Rhoden, but court-ordered paternity tests ordered after Hanna died showed that wasn’t the case.

Finally some confirmation.

I wonder how they got that information. I thought all that was sealed under court order....

- babysick jealous woman

Why the pro life extremists? She didn't abort anything?

Or, a father who never wanted to be identfied as the father....

I wonder how they got that information. I thought all that was sealed under court order....

I've wondered about that mystery parent more than once.

I would think that they'd have to tell the one's who were not dna matches, that they were not matches, so they could move on with their lives. If they wanted to tell the reporter that they are not the father there's not much anyone could do to stop them. I think that's all that JW was waiting around for, confirmation. I'm pretty darn sure someone still has an ultrasound pic up, but that doesn't mean that potential father #3 wasn't really scared that the baby was theirs, and they'd be in a whole heap of trouble if so.

Could there have been blackmail involved? This person may not be in CODIS. If another person turns out to be the baby's father, before potential father #3 is found out, and persuaded to take a dna test, then is #3 anything more than a rumor? No one is alive to say for sure.

I've wondered about that mystery parent more than once.

I would think that they'd have to tell the one's who were not dna matches, that they were not matches, so they could move on with their lives. If they wanted to tell the reporter that they are not the father there's not much anyone could do to stop them. I think that's all that JW was waiting around for, confirmation. I'm pretty darn sure someone still has an ultrasound pic up, but that doesn't mean that potential father #3 wasn't really scared that the baby was theirs, and they'd be in a whole heap of trouble if so.

Could there have been blackmail involved? This person may not be in CODIS. If another person turns out to be the baby's father, before potential father #3 is found out, and persuaded to take a dna test, then is #3 anything more than a rumor? No one is alive to say for sure.

Does anyone think that the shootings in Coleraine, OH, Mary have a connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez