OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thoughts were that the "senders" of the mail package were setting up the receiver to bust them on their
Grow-op. The receiver would not know that pot was shipped in the mail.

I also think of the politics about that private funded grow biz that some wealthy residents tried to start. (I can't recall the link ATM). It was voted out or something like that. Well, if the Rhoden's were such a large family how many votes were cast and how many were from the Rhoden's?

Is shatter, shake?
Re; shatter: Shatter is just a concentrated form of marijuana. It looks kind of like honey. I honestly do not believe they were making major bucks off of pot. 200 + or - plants will get you felony time but not wealthy.

I am not the world's best googler, so I probably missed some stuff, but I found half a dozen cases where multiple family members were murdered in their beds in multiple locations. They were all family murders, except for one that might be a hate crime. I'm on my phone so I can't post the links; will try to get to them tomorrow.

When I first heard the news, I thought for sure it was one of the young people who killed everybody and then themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so Leonard says that Bobby Jo found Frankie and Hannah first, then ran to Chris Sr's house, got the key out, and let herself in. Frankie and Hannah had a 3 year old and 6 month old baby in the house with them. Those babies were unharmed. So are we to believe that Bobby Jo just left them there? There is no mention of her having babies in her arms while fishing out the hidden key and going into house #2. Leonard's story makes no sense!

I didn't realize that BJM went to various locations before calling 911. I thought she was just at the first house. Does someone have a link about this?

That is so....strange to me. If I found a relative dead, I don't think my first response would be to go to other relatives houses to check on them. Unless there was some known issue or threat.

No, I doubt it. In her 911 call, she mentions just one crime scene with two bodies.

If the public could be told that tidbit anyone buying these dogs or seeing anyone with these dogs all of a sudden could ID these killers. So why wouldn't they put that out there and show photos to the public?

I think that the dogs were lured or killed in the back of the property prior to the victims in the home. Since the Police were
Dispatched she waited outside and most likely did not go into the back to look for the dogs. Possibly the dogs were discovered later by Police and that info has not been relayed to the family or media. When the woman arrived and found the victims inside she called 911 from her cellphone. She was told to leave the house and wait outside. She could have easily walked/ran to the neighbouring houses while on the call to find the others.

No, I doubt it. In her 911 call, she mentions just one crime scene with two bodies.

There could have been a 911 call from Frankie's house too that was not released. Leonard very clearly says his daughter found Frankie and Hannah FIRST, THEN went to Chris's house, then called him, and he came over and they went to Dana's house.

(So when did Bobby Jo flag down the deputy? I had assumed that was in front of Chris's house. But no deputy on earth would let her leave the scene to go to Dana's house!)

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but haven't there been cases where cell tower data was used to see who was in a certain area?

I have not heard this discussed in this case. Interesting note that there appears to be a cell tower back up Union Hill Road nearer to 32 from the crime scenes.

For decades it has become normal to hear about family members snapping and killing multiple loved ones. This theory to me seems most plausible for several reasons.

i believe that the original 911 caller stated no one answered so she used a hidden key to enter the home of the victims. My first clue to this seeming personal is the mention of the key. This statement alone tells us that when she happened upon the home it was locked. She didn't visibly notice any physical disturbances to the windows and or front entrance that may indicate forcible entry. This statement also tells us that she had access to their home with knwoledge of a hidden key... The same key could have been used by the suspect(s) and placed back in place that way it wasn't known immediately how they entered the home.

Another news station interviewed a family member who stated that there were multiple dogs that would have reacted to the suspect(s)... Unless of course the suspects were familiar with the dogs in which they would have no problem handing them a treat and moving on.

The mention of drug "cartel" seems like a far stretch considering there was still evidence of marijuana at the scene... Assuming I am with the drug cartel ...what good is killing an entire family at 4 different locations if I do not take the drugs from the operation.. And if my motive is to prove a point because of wrong doing than how is it I am familiar with an 8 mile stretch, consisting of 4 properties , all related?

One autopsy reported 9 shots to a single individual.. 9 shots. Is that two separate guns? Is that passion? Why shoot someone 9 times if your only mission was to kill them then that was surely done in the first few shots... A crime of passion may unload a weapon and re-load.

The most plausible scenario is "snapped" in a large family in a small rural community.. How difficult would it be to drive down a rural 8 mile stretch, comfortably walk into friends or family's homes, shoot them, and then drive down to the next house and then finally home? The crime goes undetected until 7am and a close relative or friend would know the daily routine enough to know their window.

I think the best question is : Who would have the best motive for driving that 8 mile stretch and killing 8 people? And for what?

The transcript shows that she said "The door was locked when I got here, but I have a key to his house". It would make send that she has a key if she goes there daily to do chores. I wondered if the door was unlocked and she didn't notice when she used the key, if that's what she typically does. Transcript http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/23/transcripts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

There could have been a 911 call from Frankie's house too that was not released. Leonard very clearly says his daughter found Frankie and Hannah FIRST, THEN went to Chris's house, then called him, and he came over and they went to Dana's house.

(So when did Bobby Jo flag down the deputy? I had assumed that was in front of Chris's house. But no deputy on earth would let her leave the scene to go to Dana's house!)
Nothing in her 911 call suggests that she had made an earlier 911 call. As for Leonard, he could very easily be confused about the sequence of events.

I found this article about recent meth arrests in Piketon and it mentions a nursing home. Does anyone know if this is the the nursing home where Dana worked? http://www.newswatchman.com/news/ar...-8927-e917266bae5f.html#.Vxu17qi6ptM.facebook

No, she worked at Hillcrest Nursing Home in Peebles.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/o...robe-of-slayings-may-take-long-time/152816391

Been a while since I've seen a good shake & bake meth story. Most of what I see anymore is P2P from Mexico. Almost a refreshing change.

I have not heard this discussed in this case. Interesting note that there appears to be a cell tower back up Union Hill Road nearer to 32 from the crime scenes.

If it was someone nearby though, it might not help because they'd likely be pinging off the tower anyway. JMO.

Ok, so Leonard says that Bobby Jo found Frankie and Hannah first, then ran to Chris Sr's house, got the key out, and let herself in. Frankie and Hannah had a 3 year old and 6 month old baby in the house with them. Those babies were unharmed. So are we to believe that Bobby Jo just left them there? There is no mention of her having babies in her arms while fishing out the hidden key and going into house #2. Leonard's story makes no sense!

I think it makes more sense that she went to CR's house first because that's what she did every day. My theory then is she discovered Chris and Gary, called her Dad and then called 911. Then while waiting for the police, either she or her Dad called/checked Frankie's house.

I give up, trying to catch up on this thread is like playing the old game telephone. Where you whisper something and it is repeated and by the end...."the lion sleeps tonight" has become "the lying sloth tonic" [emoji848][emoji44]

If the kids were sleeping, maybe she thought they were dead too? Could they have had blood spatter on them?

Nothing in her 911 call suggests that she had made an earlier 911 call. As for Leonard, he could very easily be confused about the sequence of events.

He could be, but I don't think so. He said police took his son's truck because that is the truck they went to the crime scene in. We know that is true. LE did take that truck. So Bobby Jo did call Leonard and her brother, and they did race to the crime scene. So he isn't that confused. He has at least some details right.

I think it makes more sense that she went to CR's house first because that's what she did every day. My theory then is she discovered Chris and Gary, called her Dad and then called 911. Then while waiting for the police, either she or her Dad called/checked Frankie's house.

Ok, let's say that's true. So she went to Frankie's house while waiting for police to show up. There were 2 little kids in that house. Did she just leave them in there while she was "flagging down the deputy" out at the street? I really need to know who removed those babies from that house. It better have been the first person who entered that house!

Maybe they have cell records and they are zeroing in on someone because they weren't where they were supposed to be. Obviously with 70+ pieces of evidence submitted, there's PLENTY that hasn't been released. I suspect they have someone or multiple someone's they are building a case against. Because I no longer think this was as sophisticated as they made it sound, premeditated, yes, sophisticated.. That I'm not sure of.

ETA: or they have checked cell records and everyone was where they were supposed to be and or not active on their phones in that time frame (indicating they may have been sleeping) and perhaps they really don't have a clue who did it and therefore don't know whose records to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the Ohio marijuana legalization ballot from the 2015 election? That's the only thing I can think of that comes in the area of what you're describing, as far as has been discussed in this thread/case. That was a statewide ballot and the Rhodens would not have had much influence on that at all.

http://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative,_Issue_3_(2015)

Yes! I believe that is it. I didn't realize it was statewide. That attempted initiative is interesting with the celebrity status and the millions of dollars invested. Is it at all possible that the Rhoden's were part of this venture? Would the investors have sought out locations like the Rhoden's properties and out buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper