OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of a case in which a murder-suicide was first named a murder, then later they realized they missed that one of the victims was actually the killer and had committed suicide?

The fact that only one body had one gun shot wound made me realize that THAT person could be the only one that could possibly have committed suicide. People can't really shoot themselves more than once. I wonder if a gun could have fallen behind a bed or something and LE missed it.

I sure hope they test all hands for gunshot residue. And I sure wish we knew which victim was the one with only one bullet wound.

Kathy Manley is married to Henry Clay. Henry Clay owns the property on which Hobby Howard was murdered. So Dana's sister had a mysterious murder happen right in her driveway. Both Kathy Manley Clay and Henry Clay were suspects in the murder, but ultimately fingered someone else, who was arrested. This is all easily found in MSM articles with googling. (Not saying that you didn't look -- just saying that I think it should be ok to post because it is all public info that's already out there in articles. If not, then I apologize and mods can delete.)

The comments under that article insinuate that there is family feuds/ almost gang-like retaliation that was behind it. I wonder if there are several long standing, deep rooted feuds that have claimed many along the way. I am definitely not ruling out family-type rivals or inter-familial problems being at the root of this. Makes me happy to be in a boring, law abiding family. lol

It still wasn't even her that found KR, another family member did. So she may have not been close with him at all. Again, DJM and KR are not directly related by blood. Perhaps there was bad blood between them.

ETA: We have family down the street we don't associate with, I likely wouldn't be running to their house if something happened with our family, because we also have family that are neighbors closer than them.

JMO.

Again- to clarify. I wouldnt expect Bobby Jo to check on the other family members. I would expect the living RHODENS to be checking on all of their family members. Not her. Them. The ones that just lost 7 known members that morning.

Can anyone make out what is behind that same building leading into the trees? It looks like a bit of a clearing leading to a darker area almost like a tunnel or entrance.

http://wate.com/2016/04/22/police-seven-dead-at-three-scenes-in-pike-county-ohio/

There is a compact silver car in the driveway that may be a Tiburon. It can be seen clearer in other aerial shots of this location.

I don't see a silver Tiburon in the aerial shots of Dana's house.

So I'm wondering if Chris Jr. was with his father that night. Bobby Jo did not mention him being there in her 911 call, but it could be possible that she didn't see him prior to making the call.

When asked if there was anyone else in the house other than Chris Sr. and Gary, she responded, "not that I know of."

Is that 911 call the only source of information we have that states there were two people in that house? Has there been official confirmation that Chris Sr. and Gary were the only two in that residence?

There is a compact silver car in the driveway that may be a Tiburon. It can be seen clearer in other aerial shots of this location.

So I'm wondering if Chris Jr. was with his father that night. Bobby Jo did not mention him being there in her 911 call, but it could be possible that she didn't see him prior to making the call.

When asked if there was anyone else in the house other than Chris Sr. and Gary, she responded, "not that I know of."

Is that 911 call the only source of information we have that states there were two people in that house? Has there been official confirmation that Chris Sr. and Gary were the only two in that residence?

They also lived close enough to where he wouldn't need his car to be with him if he was going back and forth hanging out or whatever. JMO.

Again- to clarify. I wouldnt expect Bobby Jo to check on the other family members. I would expect the living RHODENS to be checking on all of their family members. Not her. Them. The ones that just lost 7 known members that morning.

Since the Rhodens weren't the ones that found them, how would they have known? Not all people are up getting news at 7am. Obviously one of the Rhoden's did discover it and went to KR's.

No, there has not been confirmation and we still don't know where Chris Jr was found. I am very interested to know where he was, and who was the person with only one bullet wound.

There could have been a 911 call from Frankie's house too that was not released. Leonard very clearly says his daughter found Frankie and Hannah FIRST, THEN went to Chris's house, then called him, and he came over and they went to Dana's house.

(So when did Bobby Jo flag down the deputy? I had assumed that was in front of Chris's house. But no deputy on earth would let her leave the scene to go to Dana's house!)
He may be a bit confused right now too, on which place she went first and when she called him, (considering the circumstances).

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but haven't there been cases where cell tower data was used to see who was in a certain area?

I think the technology you may be referring to is called Stingray. LE uses it to extract identifying information from cell phones. The device acts sort of like a wireless signal. Cell phones perceive the Stingray as a cell tower, which forces the phone to bounce signals off of it, just like it would any legit cell tower in the area. When the Stingray receives a ping from a phone, it's able to extract data from it (the IP address, subscriber info, etc.) and is even able to track users or disrupt their service. There's been a lot of controversy over LE having access to them due to privacy laws and whatnot.

But from what I understand, the equipment is fairly expensive and I'd be very surprised if the LE in such a rural area like this had access to one (at least, at the time the murders occurred). The cost would far outweigh the benefits, IMO. They're primarily used in high-crime areas, such as Baltimore and Detroit.

Although, it is quite possible that LE has obtained one since these murders took place and may very well be using one to track POIs or to intercept communications between suspected individuals.

No, there has not been confirmation and we still don't know where Chris Jr was found. I am very interested to know where he was, and who was the person with only one bullet wound.
It does seem like a 16 yr old with a 4 day old niece (might) prefer a quiet house to sleep in.
That would also place Hanna at home alone with the baby that night. At least until her mom got home.
Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I think we all kind of assumed this, but the murders must have taken place after midnight on Thursday. Before the only timeline we had was that Dana got off at 11 p.m. so they could have possibly happened late Thursday night. Gary's obit states, "Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38, of Greenup, Kentucky passed away Friday, April 22, 2016"

Just a little tidbit...

“It was terrifying. No one knows until they walk in on something like that,” Bobbi Manley said. “You find a 6-month-old baby, nephew in a bed and your nephew and his girlfriend’s murdered and he’s covered head to toe in blood.”

eta: and I apologize, it was the 6 month old, not the three year old....

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...scovered-bodies-describes-horrific-scene.html

I could read that two ways...that she found the baby and her nephew was murdered in bed with his girlfriend and he (Frankie) was covered in blood. Unless the 6 month old was in bed with his parents, but would someone sleep with a six-month old in bed all night?

Can anyone think of a case in which a murder-suicide was first named a murder, then later they realized they missed that one of the victims was actually the killer and had committed suicide?

The fact that only one body had one gun shot wound made me realize that THAT person could be the only one that could possibly have committed suicide. People can't really shoot themselves more than once. I wonder if a gun could have fallen behind a bed or something and LE missed it.

I sure hope they test all hands for gunshot residue. And I sure wish we knew which victim was the one with only one bullet wound.

I would think it is most definitely standard operating procedure for LE to check behind and under furniture, especially in a case like this. But I don't trust a word anyone is saying anymore. (Anyone meaning LE, AG etc).

I could read that two ways...that she found the baby and her nephew was murdered in bed with his girlfriend and he (Frankie) was covered in blood. Unless the 6 month old was in bed with his parents, but would someone sleep with a six-month old in bed all night?

Plenty of people sleep with their babies. Especially if they are frequent wakers at night. Them sleeping with a 6 month old is not suspicious to me at all. JMO.

“It was terrifying. No one knows until they walk in on something like that,” Bobbi Manley said. “You find a 6-month-old baby, nephew in a bed and your nephew and his girlfriend’s murdered and he’s covered head to toe in blood.”

eta: and I apologize, it was the 6 month old, not the three year old....

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...scovered-bodies-describes-horrific-scene.html

This is confirmation that Bobby Jo did enter at least two crime scenes before LE got there. We don't know the order (because Leonard says Frankie's house was first. LE says Chris's house was first). But we do know that she was definitely in BOTH houses before police were. That, to me, is a very important fact to know.

This scenario popped in my head while fixing dinner. I'm typing as I think so forgive me if it bounces around some.
Dana goes crazy kills her family then herself. Maybe tensions between her and Chris Sr were running high with her just moving to his land. She shows up late to work because they were fighting. Her daughter has a new baby living with her likely messing up sleeping schedules. She works 16 hrs comes home late at night and something sets her off. She goes on a rampage( she has a record of domestic violence).
Then that morning her sister comes over finds the scene, realizes that Dana was the shooter, cleans up the scene and hides the gun making it look as if all were murdered.
This explains a few things: 1. the dogs or victims weren't alerted because they were familiar with her. 2. The issue of no forced entry. 3. Only one victim having one gsw(Dana from suicide). 4. The small children not being harmed. 5. The discrepancy in timeline for all the 911 calls and Leonard's interviews.
It doesn't explain why the 8th victim was found so far away though...so ??

Thoughts?
Sorry to quote myself but this is the most feasible reason I can think of as to why only one had one gsw...maybe not Dana but a murder suicide that was mis represented as murder. It'll be very interesting to find out Tod and weapons used...

I was trying to find Leonard's street interview and gave up. I seem to remember him talking about going to Dana's house and the. Talking about the dogs. I am wondering if the dogs he was referring to were two dogs inside DANA'S house?

I found this re; which place BJo went to first. I'm thinking she grabbed the little ones and ran to the CRsr house, let herself in, then discovered that they had been killed too. (theory)
"“You find a 6-month-old baby, nephew in a bed and your nephew and his girlfriend’s murdered and he’s covered head to toe in blood.”

Also when the coroner counts gunshot wounds they are all counted. They don't count every bullet fired but entry points. Someone can be shot, the bullet goes through them and into someone else- thus two entries with one shot. They would count this as two. Likewise if someone were asleep with their head resting on an arm and an entry went through the head and arm- it would count as two gunshot wounds- when there was only one bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow