OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably missed a page ... or ten. But BJ went there every day at 7 a.m. to feed animals? Were they hers and she was keeping them there?

This has never been answered. The dogs have only been mentioned in the 9-11 call that was released and nothing much more.

Postings on WS have suggested that it could just be the order of things within the family, and others have stated this is how it works in the country when people have a lot of land and people work odd hours.

Way back at the beginning of this story I read that Bobbie both saw them in the PM and AM **suggesting to me that this was a chore of some kind, or not related to the animals but to tending other things such as the marijuana operations.**

** = my own speculation.

Do you all think the one NOT shot multiple times is the gf of the son , so not actual blood family ?

I would not be surprised at all if that is the case. I had the same thought. MOO

I think the non Rhoden girl was probably the one shot victim. I think, and MOO, that the Rhoden girl (HMR) was the one shot 9 or 5 times.

There could have been a 911 call from Frankie's house too that was not released. Leonard very clearly says his daughter found Frankie and Hannah FIRST, THEN went to Chris's house, then called him, and he came over and they went to Dana's house.

(So when did Bobby Jo flag down the deputy? I had assumed that was in front of Chris's house. But no deputy on earth would let her leave the scene to go to Dana's house!)

All the reports the day it happened was the one house was entered with the key and "relatives" flagged down a deputy and the other scenes were discovered.

Just like everything in this case so far, they didn't come right out and say "she went in one scene only" but they sure said enough to make it sound that way, even down to the part of the 911 call they released. I had no idea they went in all the locations until Dana's father got interviewed by the media.

That is my theory. Just gave birth, tired didn't put up a fight.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Wait. I thought Hannah RHODEN was the new mom, not Hanna GILLEY...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This story will for sure be made into a movie one day, with Rick Moranis playing DeWine. Upon entry to the theater you'll be given a pamphlet with that flowchart we've seen so you can keep the cast of characters straight. With the Hanna, Hannah, Chris, Chris, Uncle, Brother, etc. this is the most confusing case I've ever followed.

I'm constantly flipping my theory, motive, order of events, etc. All I can say is that I pray this case is solved soon. It must be heck on the remaining family members, on all sides, to know the person(s) that did this are still out there. The whole town too, actually.

As stated above though, I'm sure LE knows a lot. DeWine warned us early on that they'd be mum about things. Sadly, I imagine they're keeping the family pretty much in the dark too, as I get the feeling they can't count on certain member(s) to keep it on the down-lo. The secrecy causes a lot of confusion but I'm afraid it must be that way for good reasons. So sad.

I haven't followed much SM on this. Are the donation accounts doing well? I think I saw one report that it will cost upwards of $30,000 for the funerals.

I think the non Rhoden girl was probably the one shot victim. I think, and MOO, that the Rhoden girl (HMR) was the one shot 9 or 5 times.
Hmm. My brain just split in half!
That very well could be! I had blinders on!

This story will for sure be made into a movie one day, with Rick Moranis playing DeWine. Upon entry to the theater you'll be given a pamphlet with that flowchart we've seen so you can keep the cast of characters straight. With the Hanna, Hannah, Chris, Chris, Uncle, Brother, etc. this is the most confusing case I've ever followed.

I'm constantly flipping my theory, motive, order of events, etc. All I can say is that I pray this case is solved soon. It must be heck on the remaining family members, on all sides, to know the person(s) that did this are still out there. The whole town too, actually.

As stated above though, I'm sure LE knows a lot. DeWine warned us early on that they'd be mum about things. Sadly, I imagine they're keeping the family pretty much in the dark too, as I get the feeling they can't count on certain member(s) to keep it on the down-lo. The secrecy causes a lot of confusion but I'm afraid it must be that way for good reasons. So sad.

I haven't followed much SM on this. Are the donation accounts doing well? I think I saw one report that it will cost upwards of $30,000 for the funerals.
No. Not since the "grow operations" were announced. MOO

This has never been answered. The dogs have only been mentioned in the 9-11 call that was released and nothing much more.

Postings on WS have suggested that it could just be the order of things within the family, and others have stated this is how it works in the country when people have a lot of land and people work odd hours.

Way back at the beginning of this story I read that Bobbie both saw them in the PM and AM **suggesting to me that this was a chore of some kind, or not related to the animals but to tending other things such as the marijuana operations.**

** = my own speculation.

We used to have outside hunting dogs that were fed twice a day. So the AM/PM thing doesn't sound off to me.
Who all had legitimate employment? I might have missed something but I can only recall seeing that Dana and her daughter worked at a nursing home. I was wondering about other family members. I admittedly have not read every article out there.

My question is when you find one house of people dead at 7:49am, then you find a second house of family members shortly after, how do you not find one house until a call at 1:something pm. That's a long time to not have checked on and accounted for every family member when there is clearly a target on the family.

There are a ton of Rhodens. Also his normal routine might have been he was unavailable in the morning.

No. Not since the "grow operations" were announced. MOO

I wondered if that would happen, and I understand the thinking behind that. Not saying I feel that way, but understand others reasoning.
BTW: Very O/T but I adore your avatar. It reminds me of my beloved angel puppy who was a Bichon/Poodle mix. She used to *advertiser censored* her head just like the picture you posted the other day. Miss her so much.

Then why didn't she say anything about the babies on the 911 call? Why couldn't we hear them on the recording? She says she went to feed the dogs (why?), tried to get into Chris's trailer (why?), but it was locked. She knew where the key was hidden (why? This is her EX b-i-l.) so she fished it out and let herself in. Then she saw 2 bodies. She entered the residence at least enough to see that one had left blood tracks all the way down the hallway and into the back room. Nowhere in any part of that story does she mention that she was also juggling two babies covered in blood from the other murder scene she also found nextdoor.

Yes!! Thank you! I was thinking about this all night and was going to come post it because it's been bugging me so much. It is SO strange to me that you would leave the baby & toddler in the house with their bloody dead parents. And I would 100% expect that the little kids would be mentioned on the 911 call.

Several other thoughts I've been having:

- If BM fed the animals every day, then wouldn't she probably have her own key? Maybe not since it's a rural area and maybe the kept the doors unlocked usually. Does she usually not go inside the residence, but that day she did because the dogs were "nowhere to be found?"

- I know the police thought she may not be telling the truth about her arrival time to the Rhodens, and that they had suggested that she had gone earlier than 7. Was she forced to help clean up? Is it possible the perps were waiting for her since they likely knew her schedule, and that is why there was a gap between her arrival and the 911 call? Maybe not mentioning the children/higher number of victims on the call wouldn't send out as many responders? I have no idea, the call makes zero sense to me if they did go in all the houses.

- I definitely think GR has a big part in this, and was possibly either in town to pick up and/or drop off inventory and/or money. Just from reading on the T site, it seems Greenup is quite the drug epicenter, especially an area they call Three Prong (for Three Prong Rd). If you do some digging over there, this family's last name is mentioned a lot. There are even a few residences that are very close to Three Prong Rd. There are also a few other last names that are mentioned a lot as well, and it seems they are quite large well known families both Greenup and Pike Co as well.

We used to have outside hunting dogs that were fed twice a day. So the AM/PM thing doesn't sound off to me.
Who all had legitimate employment? I might have missed something but I can only recall seeing that Dana and her daughter worked at a nursing home. I was wondering about other family members. I admittedly have not read every article out there.

CR Sr and Jr. worked at Big Bear Lake Family Resort. They were carpenters, building docks, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306122-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer%28s%29-3&p=12498283#post12498283

Sr. had worked there for several years.

Robin Waddell, the owner of the Big Bear Lake Family Resort in Lucasville, Ohio, said Chris Rhoden Sr. and his son Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, worked for him several years in a seasonal capacity building docks, repairing fences and performing other carpentry-related jobs.
Waddell said Chris Rhoden was "a fantastic and talented contractor" and his son was "a really good kid."
Waddell said he was familiar with many members of the Rhoden family and saw no outward signs of problems or issues that could explain this tragedy.

That area, like most of rural Ohio, has suffered terrible job losses in the last several years as many large employers relocated plants overseas to take advantage of extremely cheap labor. It's been a struggle for people living in these areas.

Right. That's what I meant. Dana's daughter.
Ok. I AM CONFUSED AGAIN -sorry.
She is a Rhoden.
I think Dana's daughter was the one shot once.
(Even though it sounds like the guy that found his cousin sounded like he had only been shot once. )
I am probably wrong.

You had initially stated that you agreed that it was the GF of the son (FR) that was shot once because she just gave birth and would be tired. That's why we are all correcting making sure you knew it was HR that had just had a baby. FR and HG had a 6 month old baby.

I wondered if that would happen, and I understand the thinking behind that. Not saying I feel that way, but understand others reasoning.
BTW: Very O/T but I adore your avatar. It reminds me of my beloved angel puppy who was a Bichon/Poodle mix. She used to *advertiser censored* her head just like the picture you posted the other day. Miss her so much.
Thank you.
She is a doodle bug! "Woof" so animated. I 💜 her. Her name is Picaboo.
Peek a boo.
My 2 yr old fur baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads