OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sarahnealeigh

Hamilton Co. Coroner said on WLW that soft tissue bruising was present but wouldn't say victim was "beaten" #cgnow

Hamilton Co. Coroner said they talked about appropriate way to phrase findings in today's press release bc of ongoing investigation #cgnow

I don't think their pot operation was nearly that big though. We're talking a couple hundred plants at most. They've, I'm leaning toward CRSr., GR, and KR, ticked someone off really bad. Possibly working with LE and got caught (just a theory).

I'm leaning the same way, especially after reading about the Newsome killings in Scioto County earlier this year. In that case, according to news articles, the mother had a visit from the police regarding oxycontin, etc. These killings could be the result of victims cooperating with police. Makes you wonder how the killers are able to find out who is cooperating with LE.

The MO of both killings seems similar and this recent spree seems it may have been to send a message. Perhaps CR Sr., GR and KR thought they could handle the threats.
I do agree w/ LE that the methodical, well planned approach indicates multiple killers. JMO.

It wouldn't have to be a big cartel, per se, but an organized group in the area handling pot, pills, meth, etc.

I keep thinking of the movie "No Country for Old Men".

While I tend to agree with you, I won't be at all surprised if another clan (can we call the Rhodens a clan yet?) carried this out. With a cartel hit I would just expect to see victims with heads cut off or some other gruesome details. Cartels also target children, these 3 surviving kids seem to be at odds with a cartel hit.

The famous Hatfield-McCoy family feuds come to mind. Perhaps not a coincidence...they seem to be related/friends with some of the victims. That sounds far fetched however it does give a glimpse into the kind of rivalries/hatred that can develop between some of these large rural families.

I think the 200 was just the indoor and not all of the three locations.
It's too early in the year though for them to have anything much more than an indoor grow operation up and running. It would be at least early May before they moved what they started inside, to the outside. The LE may have run upon some early transplants, and those would have been pretty late in April, but one would not risk planting a crop prior to the last risk of frost, and for southern Ohio that risk has not yet passed. They don't have huge amounts of property that people would never be likely to stumble upon a large grow site either. Their pot operation was most likely not over a couple-three hundred plants at most. In the pot world, that's small. In the going to jail world, that's a lot of time if they got caught. That's why I think they may have gotten caught and were working w/the LE on something and someone got wind, and didn't want to go to prison. Just a theory.

SWAT TEAM?????

[video=twitter;725079479194910721]https://twitter.com/Police_Dispatch/status/725079479194910721[/video]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't think their pot operation was nearly that big though. We're talking a couple hundred plants at most. They've, I'm leaning toward CRSr., GR, and KR, ticked someone off really bad. Possibly working with LE and got caught (just a theory).

It's actually a couple hundred plants at minimum. One location had 200 (estimate or count- we don't know) and there are at least two other locations. Additional search warrants are being/have been/will be executed and we know there are additional properties owned by Chris Sr. They could have 202 plants or 2000 or 20,000.

Karin Johnson WLWT
‏@karinjohnson
Friends say they're worried for Mrs. Geneva Rhoden who has to bury 2 sons, a daughter in law and 3 grandchildren. #PikeCounty

Karin Johnson WLWT ‏@karinjohnson 24m24 minutes ago Ohio, USA
"We're worried about her. All of us are and we're praying for her," a friend of Geneva Rhoden told me. #PikeCounty

https://twitter.com/karinjohnson

Per the presser the other day the STAR (SWAT type) team has been activated to go through the properties - particularly the wooded areas to make sure no evidence was missed. Probably just still busy clearing those crime scene properties.

Re. the allegedly missing dogs - is there any evidence of this other than the potentially confused grandpa?

Forum is moving fast and I haven't read every post because I do have to work, but here are some thoughts and responses to posts I DID read:

1) <modsnip>

2) <modsnip>

3) Tragically, I feel Frankie and Hanna were killed before Chris and Gary next door. Of the two, Frankie was probably shot first, maybe in his sleep. Why shoot the tiny female first, after all? She may have been awakened by the shot that killed Frankie and saw her shot coming. The thoughts that must have gone through her mind, as her newborn lay beside her, are too horrifying to imagine.

Hey Folks,

Sleuthing minors and posting their pictures is against TOS. Please refrain from posting anymore.

Thanks you!

Yeah we caught ourselves on that, sorry about that!

Any pictures of the missing dogs? Or descriptions?

So can someone interpet this? If he had a definite sentence of 10 years and was released in 2002, but should have been released in 2004, and the 'admission date' is 1998: when would the trial have been? Did he actually serve the prison time?

I'm not familiar with Ohio governing statutes, but this is my best quick reckoning based on the definitions provided:

Presumably he was sentenced in 1998 and served approx. four years in prison until 2002 when a judge granted his release.

The definite sentence is somewhat of a maximum term (excluding good time formulations, etc.)

The expiration stated term (2004) would have been the earliest release date possible without judicial approval.

Excluding whatever time served calculations were in effect at the time.

I'm leaning the same way, especially after reading about the Newsome killings in Scioto County earlier this year. In that case, according to news articles, the mother had a visit from the police regarding oxycontin, etc. These killings could be the result of victims cooperating with police. Makes you wonder how the killers are able to find out who is cooperating with LE.

The MO of both killings seems similar and this recent spree seems it may have been to send a message. Perhaps CR Sr., GR and KR thought they could handle the threats.
I do agree w/ LE that the methodical, well planned approach indicates multiple killers. JMO.

It wouldn't have to be a big cartel, per se, but an organized group in the area handling pot, pills, meth, etc.

I keep thinking of the movie "No Country for Old Men".
Again, just a theory, but, if people who have been caught, and possibly decide to rat and work with LE, keep dying. . . Then as you say, someone could be tipping them off. That someone may be on the inside and getting nervous about getting found out. The LEs do not make a lot in these poor counties.

SWAT TEAM?????

[video=twitter;725079479194910721]https://twitter.com/Police_Dispatch/status/725079479194910721[/video]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That looks like the picture from Saturday..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298