OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to keep up, so forgive me if this has come up, but this thread moves so fast. What stands out for me is this (BBM):

The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.

Those seem like strange details to even mention on a 911 call after happening on a scene like that.

Not really strange if you look at what the 911 operator asked her:

911: OK. Is there anybody else in the house?
Caller: Not that I know of.
911: OK.
Caller: The door was locked when I got here, but I have a key to his house, and I went in and they were laying on the floor.

Well for now at least I disagree with the AG that this was a highly planned out execution.

Since I have read the autopsy snippet today it seemed rather sloppily done actually. At one time when this case unfolded we were told they were all shot in the head execution style. That gave the impression only one bullet was needed to murder all of them leading us to believe it was a hit by the cartel. That is what I call highly executed murders and this was not one of them. All but one had sustained other bullet wounds and even had bruising on their bodies.

It seems there definitely was a confrontation since the bullet wounds were not only to the head but to the extremities as well. That means most of the victims were awake, alert, and trying to dodge the bullets when fired upon or the suspect/s are a very lousy shot, which I doubt.

This makes me think that someone came to the first house and was invited in and something happened to ignite this firestorm. Imo, I believe it all started at the home of the two older men, Kenneth and CR Sr. It is either another family member or a friend of the family.

If they murdered CRsr and Kenneth first they may have thought they had to kill the entire family.. They may have known the other victims would know immediately who had done this and silenced them all before they could tell anyone.

It is good that there was an altercation, although heartbreakingly sad..... for that is when evidence of the suspect/s is more readily left behind in the melee that may encompassed many areas of the homes. CRsr and Kenneth could have also drawn blood belonging to the suspect/s if they were fighting for their lives and I am sure they were.

It seems whoever this is it seems there was no need for the Rhoden men to be alarmed at first or they would have had their firearms easily assessable, and that doesn't seem to be the case. Whoever this is caught them off guard and they weren't prepared when the violent assaults first erupted resulting in a shooting spree in the end. All they could do at the time was try to defend themselves by fighting the suspects with their bare hands. Hopefully they left marks on them even if it is in areas that can be covered up. Its hot where I live already and I wonder if someone is walking around with a long sleeve shirt on since they have been murdered? I am sure LE is asking each one they have interviewed can they inspect their hands and body to see if they have scratches or bruises.

This is someone they knew very well. Someone they trusted to enter their home even if the person/s was very upset .....they never felt the person or persons would actually shoot them to death, imo.

This is my theory now which I admit is constantly changing due to the information constantly changing.

IMO

The issue isn't her calling her dad.

The issue is the info on the 911 call of the one location. The reports that day and still so far backed that up, the first and only house she went in and family flagging down deputies and the other two being discovered. No mention on the 911 call of other victims.

Suddenly there was the interview with Leonard and they went in all the houses.

I don't understand the differences.

I guess I'm thinking i would call 911 first because of the scene- if there was blood all over , who is to say that the perpetrator still isn't hiding in the home ? I think the whole murder scene would scare me....

Ditto. I'd be terrified and call 911 while getting as far away as humanly possible.

With all the gunshot wounds in the victims, multiple wounds in some of them, I believe they had to be fighting back. Since there's not been any info on gunshot wound victims in area hospitals I assume the killers possibly had tactical bodyarmor, and would know about crimescenes to cover themselves so well. They would also know about the family and this does bring attention to the area's drug use, brings alot of dealers and users hauled in for info to other drugs in the area.

:stop:

This thread is closed for review.

While you wait for it to reopen, remind yourself of the rules and read the opening post of this thread, including the mod notes.

And when we come back, the speculation about baby daddies ENDS. Unless someone can post a link from LE or MSM about how an infant's, or the parent any other minor child fortunate enough to still be alive after the massacre that happened to that minor's family, is a suspect or person of interest, that stuff has no place here.

A family has been decimated. A days old infant's mother was shot to death inches from that infant. A family is absorbing that fact even now.

Show some common decency.

Dear Websleuths Members,

There is no question the last thing you want to do is harm this family anymore than they already have been.

Truthfully? You are harming them. For those of you who keep posting about baby daddies and posting about minors, you are adding to their hurt and the hurt of people who have nothing to do with the crime.

Think about it. How would you like it if all of a sudden somebody saw your son's picture and his initials from his Facebook page on Websleuths? You would go ballistic and I wouldn't blame you.

You cannot pull a name out of thin air and start talking about how they committed this crime when you have absolutely nothing to back it up.

You can always go to other forums that have very little or no moderation. However, I can tell you it's hard to deal with those forums because people post so many whacked out theories you would think the forum owners handed out bad acid tabs from the '60's.

We know it is frustrating trying to discuss something when you have very little to go on.

Here's the thing, you can discuss your theories as long as you do it in a way that does not name innocent people or even hint about people who have not been mentioned by police or the mainstream media. Just be careful. Be respectful of innocent people privacy. Whether they are minors or not.

Example of how to discuss a theory: "With the discovery of the pot fields I'm guessing that is the root of this crime. But who? Could it be someone who feels they were ripped off? It had to be at least two people, in my opinion, to kill as many so quickly."

Example of how not to discuss a theory: "I think it is that kid on Facebook and his friends. Their initials are AB and CD. Here's a picture from his Facebook page. I bet his dad gave him the gun. I did a background search on the dad EF and here is a picture HE LOVES GUNS. Yep. Had to be those kids."

One example lets you talk about your theory. The other brings in innocent MINORS and Adults and brings in sleuthing people who have never been named by LE or the mainstream media.

Please, remember your words have power so choose your words wisely.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

We will start issuing time outs to the posters who continue to blatantly break the rules.

No more warnings.

Thank you.

I apologize if this has been posted but the 1st picture in the gallery posted here:
http://wate.com/2016/04/22/police-seven-dead-at-three-scenes-in-pike-county-ohio/

What is the structure next to the school bus? Just a building? Not a house? This is the first time I've seen an aerial photo from this angle.

Can anyone make out what is behind that same building leading into the trees? It looks like a bit of a clearing leading to a darker area almost like a tunnel or entrance.

http://wate.com/2016/04/22/police-seven-dead-at-three-scenes-in-pike-county-ohio/

Apparently my timing for getting on with my day today was horrible - not five minutes after I leave all heck breaks loose with the GSW reports. Good thing the thread got closed for a bit so I could catch up in peace. ;) :D (I apologize for my sense of humor).

I have to admit I was pretty annoyed that basically nothing of what we were told by official sources was 100% correct. Sophisticated my foot! Unfortunately the new info doesn't clear much up, it's still utter chaos. I'm just shaking my head at the 911 call and the different versions of where the woman who found them went... stuff is just not adding up in general and I'm not blaming common core this time. Either we're still not getting correct info or maybe people related to the victims are still being threatened somehow and they're afraid to tell all they know?

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but haven't there been cases where cell tower data was used to see who was in a certain area?

I didn't realize that BJM went to various locations before calling 911. I thought she was just at the first house. Does someone have a link about this?

That is so....strange to me. If I found a relative dead, I don't think my first response would be to go to other relatives houses to check on them. Unless there was some known issue or threat.

My dog has always barked at everyone...including my car everyday when I pull up. A few years ago my car was broken into during the middle of the night in my driveway. My dog slept soundly. I realize this scenario is nothing like what occurred but dogs can be surprising. Especially if a nice bribe is bought with intruder. Just throwing that out there.

For decades it has become normal to hear about family members snapping and killing multiple loved ones. This theory to me seems most plausible for several reasons.

i believe that the original 911 caller stated no one answered so she used a hidden key to enter the home of the victims. My first clue to this seeming personal is the mention of the key. This statement alone tells us that when she happened upon the home it was locked. She didn't visibly notice any physical disturbances to the windows and or front entrance that may indicate forcible entry. This statement also tells us that she had access to their home with knwoledge of a hidden key... The same key could have been used by the suspect(s) and placed back in place that way it wasn't known immediately how they entered the home.

Another news station interviewed a family member who stated that there were multiple dogs that would have reacted to the suspect(s)... Unless of course the suspects were familiar with the dogs in which they would have no problem handing them a treat and moving on.

The mention of drug "cartel" seems like a far stretch considering there was still evidence of marijuana at the scene... Assuming I am with the drug cartel ...what good is killing an entire family at 4 different locations if I do not take the drugs from the operation.. And if my motive is to prove a point because of wrong doing than how is it I am familiar with an 8 mile stretch, consisting of 4 properties , all related?

One autopsy reported 9 shots to a single individual.. 9 shots. Is that two separate guns? Is that passion? Why shoot someone 9 times if your only mission was to kill them then that was surely done in the first few shots... A crime of passion may unload a weapon and re-load.

The most plausible scenario is "snapped" in a large family in a small rural community.. How difficult would it be to drive down a rural 8 mile stretch, comfortably walk into friends or family's homes, shoot them, and then drive down to the next house and then finally home? The crime goes undetected until 7am and a close relative or friend would know the daily routine enough to know their window.

I think the best question is : Who would have the best motive for driving that 8 mile stretch and killing 8 people? And for what?

If they murdered CRsr and Kenneth first they may have thought they had to kill the entire family. They may have known the other victims would know immediately who had done this and silenced them all before they could tell anyone.

With this number of people though, if there had been a conflict of some kind that the other victims were aware of, I would assume they had already told others. Especially considering the ages of some of them and the SM presence etc. jmo

I don't know if anyone has looked into this angle here yet. Here is a link to an article about the Post Office bust: http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html.

My first question had to do with why someone would be sending pot to Pike County (coals to New Castle, dontcha know). However, apparently pot was not the end product, but rather the production of hash oil--which apparently takes a considerable amount of pot to produce. The post office package led to another small grow operation--with multiple "shatter" (hash oil production) production points on site. So--this raises the question of whether the Rhoden family had an inside track and were buying their way out of their troubles by spilling their guts to authorities. Or were believed by someone to be doing the same.

My first thoughts were that the "senders" of the mail package were setting up the receiver to bust them on their
Grow-op. The receiver would not know that pot was shipped in the mail.

I also think of the politics about that private funded grow biz that some wealthy residents tried to start. (I can't recall the link ATM). It was voted out or something like that. Well, if the Rhoden's were such a large family how many votes were cast and how many were from the Rhoden's?

Is shatter, shake?

I didn't realize that BJM went to various locations before calling 911. I thought she was just at the first house. Does someone have a link about this?

That is so....strange to me. If I found a relative dead, I don't think my first response would be to go to other relatives houses to check on them. Unless there was some known issue or threat.
If my family were that close by I'd most likely run to their home, not thinking that they'd be murdered too, just b/c I'd be freaking out and want my family.

My first thoughts were that the "senders" of the mail package were setting up the receiver to bust them on their

I also think of the politics about that private funded grow biz that some wealthy residents tried to start. (I can't recall the link ATM). It was voted out or something like that. Well, if the Rhoden's were such a large family how many votes were cast and how many were from the Rhoden's?

Is shatter, shake?
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cannabis-oil-shatter-and-wax

Shatter is no where near shake.

Is shatter, shake?

Do you mean the Ohio marijuana legalization ballot from the 2015 election? That's the only thing I can think of that comes in the area of what you're describing, as far as has been discussed in this thread/case. That was a statewide ballot and the Rhodens would not have had much influence on that at all.

http://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative,_Issue_3_(2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ