OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this isn't the deep south. I grew up in Ohio. Born and raised. Went to college in Southern Ohio (Miami U). I know all about that Appalachian culture and I know darn well what someone means when they wear the confederate flag. Especially when it is coupled with what we know about Brandon. He hurled the N word at that kid that made the FB threat - Isaiah Jones, who is black. (Jones named here: http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders/243501604)

You may be correct but I try not to put a stereotype of a culture on someone. I have some very racist cousins and we don't get along because of it. I see them at big get togethers, that's it.

If someone put the stereotype on me a white girl in the heart of the civil rights movement with racist cousins, I would be a racist by association and that wouldn't be correct.

The rebel flag is a sign also when people aren't crazy about the government. These people might be raging racists and the cousin with the hat might be. I just don't think the hat and what the other cousin did is enough to write them off as guilt by association. Assuming about an entire culture or group of people is kind of the entire issue behind racism.

I've been following along but haven't posted until now... I have some questions that I'm hoping some of you "case experts" can answer for me; (1) Are we certain that BJ entered two of the three homes on Union Hill Rd.? (2) Is the 911 recording that has been released to the public complete (i.e., in it's entirety)?

The reason I ask is because, IF BJ entered at least two of the three homes on Union Hill Rd., then we know that she encountered live/living children. If I understand correctly, the first home entered was the home with the two male adults ( Chris Rhoden Sr. and Gary Rhoden - no children) and, we don't know which home exactly was entered next; however, regardless of which one she entered, there would be/were living children in both of those homes (4 day old in one and 6 mos and 3-year old in the other). Why doesn't BJ mention any of the living children on/during the 911 call? If/when she encountered a living child, why wouldn't she have assumed that, with a child covered in blood, they may be seriously injured and need urgent care?

Sorry if I've missed earlier posts that may have clarified any/all of this!

Yes, we are certain that BJ entered the homes of both Chris Sr and Frankie. In an interview posted late last night (I think it was from Channel 10 in Cincinnati), she described finding the 6 month old boy covered in blood.

What we don't know (because there are 2 conflicting stories circulating) is which home she entered first.

It is my belief that she did not tell police she had entered Frankie's home. When they figured that out, they woke her up and aggressively questioned her at 3:41 am. Now she is trying to get out in front of that by telling the story of entering Frankie's house to the media, so she can say she was up front about it.

I've been following along but haven't posted until now... I have some questions that I'm hoping some of you "case experts" can answer for me; (1) Are we certain that BJ entered two of the three homes on Union Hill Rd.? (2) Is the 911 recording that has been released to the public complete (i.e., in it's entirety)?

The reason I ask is because, IF BJ entered at least two of the three homes on Union Hill Rd., then we know that she encountered live/living children. If I understand correctly, the first home entered was the home with the two male adults ( Chris Rhoden Sr. and Gary Rhoden - no children) and, we don't know which home exactly was entered next; however, regardless of which one she entered, there would be/were living children in both of those homes (4 day old in one and 6 mos and 3-year old in the other). Why doesn't BJ mention any of the living children on/during the 911 call? If/when she encountered a living child, why wouldn't she have assumed that, with a child covered in blood, they may be seriously injured and need urgent care?

Sorry if I've missed earlier posts that may have clarified any/all of this!

I was very curious the first response to the little children as well. I can't imagine seeing those poor, poor kids....It would be instinctual to go and grab them, hold them and comfort them no matter what so I wonder if either BJ or Leonard did even though it was a crime scene?

I wonder if the children were placed somewhere after the crime like a room or somewhere away from bodies. I know it's been reported the smaller one was covered in blood (ugh, hate typing this) but this could have happened as the crime happened.

I tried to post with a quote from the person who said something about the family going into to home health care business and my post was lost saying I can't post here. I will try once more.

I agreed with the posters angle that this may be something to look at. We have a horrific problem in my area of nursing home abuse, fraud, pill theft and health care workers stealing fentanyl patches off the sick and elderly. Perhaps the female health care workers in this family were witness to some of these shady practices which put them and their families in grave danger. Evidently the fentanyl is used to cut into Heroine which produces much more powerful and often deadly strain of heroine. It also could be the reason they wanted to form their own health care practice. If you google fentanyl theft among health care workers you will find pages of cases of this type of thing. Perhaps even in your own hometowns. This is just my rambling hypothesis. Just something to think about.

Oh..one more thing. The other day I saw on the news an aerial video of the property with the metal pole barn and the dog houses. There were officers standing within distance of several bloodhounds chained by their dog houses, their tails wagging. Maybe DR's father was referring to dogs on one of the other properties. I will attempt to find the video.

Things I think, in no particular order, and not necessarily important:

This happened because somebody or somebodies feels like the dead people really ripped them off over something, not necessarily drugs. It feels more like family than business, though.

I don't think Dana was supposed to be a victim. The killer(s) expected her to have been home from work for hours and to be at her own house. She might even have walked in on the murders in progress.

I don't think it's a cartel or drug gang, though drug growing might have been involved. Drug gangs would have gunned the dogs and the kids down along with everybody else.

The odd coincidences that bother me about this: Dana had only just bought the house, her daughter had only just given birth, Dana wasn't supposed to be working that late.

I think the killer(s) knew that Bobbi Jo would be the one to find the bodies. It doesn't surprise me that she might not have called 911 right away; rural people tend not to have much trust of or need for LE.

The idea that Kenneth was the first victim, and his keys were used at the other houses, makes sense to me.

Another thought on the surviving children - if the assailants were known to family or part of one of the families they must have covered their faces as I would think a 3 year old might recognize someone familiar. I know my daughter who is almost 4 would for most people.

The murderers left the children alone and weren't concerned a 3 year old might recognize them, why?

The thing about that video that didn't hit me until now.. The grow operations were at Dana's, Chris's and Frankie's. Now I want to see pictures of the crime day, of Dana's and see where that was.

Yes, we are certain that BJ entered the homes of both Chris Sr and Frankie. In an interview posted late last night (I think it was from Channel 10 in Cincinnati), she described finding the 6 month old boy covered in blood.

What we don't know (because there are 2 conflicting stories circulating) is which home she entered first.

It is my belief that she did not tell police she had entered Frankie's home. When they figured that out, they woke her up and aggressively questioned her at 3:41 am. Now she is trying to get out in front of that by telling the story of entering Frankie's house to the media, so she can say she was up front about it.

Thank you for your response JaimeInLA. That is what is adding to my confusion; the fact that it is mentioned in that interview about the 6 mos old covered in blood and yet I hear no mention of a bloody - LIVE - child, who may need urgent medical attention, being mentioned on a 911 call. Did she pick the baby up? Take the baby outside until police/ambulance arrived? Or did she leave the child right there next to her dead mother? I would think that the baby would have been noticably uncomfortable (squirming, possibly fussing...) and hungry by that time.

The question I keep asking myself is why would a SWAT team suit up to search the crime scenes & the surrounding woods?

My speculation is that it was to search for more grow operations and to be armed in the case they came across people camping or watching these operations.

Another thought on the surviving children - if the assailants were known to family or part of one of the families they must have covered their faces as I would think a 3 year old might recognize someone familiar. I know my daughter who is almost 4 would for most people.

The murderers left the children alone and weren't concerned a 3 year old might recognize them, why?

Could have been sleeping. Maybe in another room and they didn't even know the 3 year old was there. Several possibilities.

Things I think, in no particular order, and not necessarily important:

This happened because somebody or somebodies feels like the dead people really ripped them off over something, not necessarily drugs. It feels more like family than business, though.

I don't think Dana was supposed to be a victim. The killer(s) expected her to have been home from work for hours and to be at her own house. She might even have walked in on the murders in progress.

I don't think it's a cartel or drug gang, though drug growing might have been involved. Drug gangs would have gunned the dogs and the kids down along with everybody else.

The odd coincidences that bother me about this: Dana had only just bought the house, her daughter had only just given birth, Dana wasn't supposed to be working that late.

I think the killer(s) knew that Bobbi Jo would be the one to find the bodies. It doesn't surprise me that she might not have called 911 right away; rural people tend not to have much trust of or need for LE.

The idea that Kenneth was the first victim, and his keys were used at the other houses, makes sense to me.

Why do you think Kenneth would have keys to 3 other houses? Just curious. Is that something that's common? Giving family members keys to your house? Only one other person besides me and my husband have keys to get in our home. And it isn't an uncle or brother in law. Unless I'm missing something..

The thing about that video that didn't hit me until now.. The grow operations were at Dana's, Chris's and Frankie's. Now I want to see pictures of the crime day, of Dana's and see where that was.

Yet LM and BJM, among others, state they had no idea this was going on, which I call BS on, but understand why they would be saying that.

I tried to post with a quote from the person who said something about the family going into to home health care business and my post was lost saying I can't post here. I will try once more.

I agreed with the posters angle that this may be something to look at. We have a horrific problem in my area of nursing home abuse, fraud, pill theft and health care workers stealing fentanyl patches off the sick and elderly. Perhaps the female health care workers in this family were witness to some of these shady practices which put them in danger. Evidently the fentanyl is used to cut into Heroine which produces much more powerful and often deadly strain of heroine. Perhaps the female health care workers in this family had witnessed this and threatened to report them. It also could be the reason they wanted to form their own health care practice. If you google fentanyl theft among health care workers you will find pages of cases of this type of thing. Perhaps even in your own hometowns. This is just my rambling hypothesis. Just something to think about.

Oh..one more thing. The other day I saw on the news an aerial video of the property with the metal pole barn and the dog houses. There were officers standing within distance of several bloodhounds chained by their dog houses, their tails wagging. Maybe DR's father was referring to dogs on one of the other properties. I will attempt to find the video.

I'm interested to see if there are other drugs involved since so many are in the health care business.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY on this thread EVER suggested this family deserved to be murdered. If I missed it, please identify that post number so I can see it.

In this day and age, with all the news, and all the FB discussion (all these people were on FB) about the confederate flag -- people know damn well what the confederate flag means to most people. They know it is highly offensive. If they wear it, they are wearing it to be inflammatory. They might not believe they are racists, but their actions suggest otherwise. Can we make that judgement about all the Rhodens - no. Just the 3 we can see wearing the flag in photos. However, I don't believe anyone DID make that judgement about all the Rhodens. Just the ones pictured wearing the freaking confederate flag and hurling the N word around FB.

Again -- this in NO WAY means they deserved to be murdered. It is simply a piece of the investigative puzzle. If they were doing things that pissed other people off -- that is HIGHLY RELEVANT. If wearing the confederate flag pisses me off -- and I don't even know them -- it is quite possible it REALLY pissed off someone who actually knows them.

And that is just one thing they did that was inflammatory. They also had a huge illegal drug operation, a *advertiser censored* fighting operation, 4 teen out of wedlock children with 4 different fathers, a possible dog fighting operation, a previous murder on Aunt Kathy and Uncle Henry's driveway... etc.

Those things make it hard to find them responsible, good citizens. That doesn't mean they deserved to be murdered!!!! But it does mean that one of those things probably did lead to their murder. That is just plain old common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298