OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet LM and BJM, among others, state they had no idea this was going on, which I call BS on, but understand why they would be saying that.

Exactly.. I could see the dad not knowing before Bobby.

Audio at link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...1871c6-0aaa-11e6-bc53-db634ca94a2a_video.html

1:10 she says there"s blood all over the front room.
1;18 Sounds like she says the children was in the bedroom. ?
2:02 she says the door was locked but she knew where the key was at.

Second call
3:16 he says the address is close to 799, he doesn't know what his address is because he doesn't have a box.
3:52 he said he looked up at him and he had a gun shot wound.

I'm interested to see if there are other drugs involved since so many are in the health care business.

I'm curious on other drugs just for the sheer fact of the amount of pot that was growing too.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY on this thread EVER suggested this family deserved to be murdered. If I missed it, please identify that post number so I can see it.

In this day and age, with all the news, and all the FB discussion (all these people were on FB) about the confederate flag -- people know damn well what the confederate flag means to most people. They know it is highly offensive. If they wear it, they are wearing it to be inflammatory. They might not believe they are racists, but their actions suggest otherwise. Can we make that judgement about all the Rhodens - no. Just the 3 we can see wearing the flag in photos. However, I don't believe anyone DID make that judgement about all the Rhodens. Just the ones pictured wearing the freaking confederate flag and hurling the N word around FB.

Again -- this in NO WAY means they deserved to be murdered. It is simply a piece of the investigative puzzle. If they were doing things that pissed other people off -- that is HIGHLY RELEVANT. If wearing the confederate flag pisses me off -- and I don't even know them -- it is quite possible it REALLY pissed off someone who actually knows them.

And that is just one thing they did that was inflammatory. They also had a huge illegal drug operation, a *advertiser censored* fighting operation, 4 teen out of wedlock children with 4 different fathers, a possible dog fighting operation, a previous murder on Aunt Kathy and Uncle Henry's driveway... etc.

Those things make it hard to find them responsible, good citizens. That doesn't mean they deserved to be murdered!!!! But it does mean that one of those things probably did lead to their murder. That is just plain old common sense.

That's fine, it doesn't offend me at all.jmo

Thank you for your response JaimeInLA. That is what is adding to my confusion; the fact that it is mentioned in that interview about the 6 mos old covered in blood and yet I hear no mention of a bloody - LIVE - child, who may need urgent medical attention, being mentioned on a 911 call. Did she pick the baby up? Take the baby outside until police/ambulance arrived? Or did she leave the child right there next to her dead mother? I would think that the baby would have been noticably uncomfortable (squirming, possibly fussing...) and hungry by that time.

Don't forget there was a 3 year old at the same house with the 6 month old who I'm guessing wasn't asleep. I don't believe she went in the other houses until after she made the 911 call from Chris's unless we are missing a huge part of the call.
I can't imagine a person going into a house with 2 live children among their dead parents and not removing them from the situation ASAP. Also that would be one of the first things I mentioned on a 911 call- the other victims and kids.

According to the article on the DM,we know kenneth had a dog that was there throughout the attack........any word on the other dogs on the property - a lot is now trickling out and I wish LE would stop being so closed about this - oh and dm article states kenneth had dollar bills strewn at his feet - someone trying to say something. ..........

Oh my, if that's how neighbours react to a massacre I think LE are going to be hitting their heads against a brick wall, I don't believe any neighbour would inform LE if they saw or heard anything suspicious. I can't believe that neighbour referred to a massacre as a hiccup.

I wondered how much cooperation LE would actually get. Obviously, they want justice, but it seems that family and friends come first, and the ties are deep. I kind of think there's a line that they won't cross. Of course, this is in my imagination, I have heard nothing to support that.

Oh my, if that's how neighbours react to a massacre I think LE are going to be hitting their heads against a brick wall, I don't believe any neighbour would inform LE if they saw or heard anything suspicious. I can't believe that neighbour referred to a massacre as a hiccup.

It has happened before.. Someone that has been a problem and/or a bully killed and everyone is fine with it. One man was killed in the middle of the day downtown, people around and no one saw anything.

Not much is being said about the Rhodens good or bad from locals. Who knows if people in the community considered them a bad problem or not?

Well, "morning" has come and gone with no update from the AG's office. Sigh. I really don't want to have to keep CNN on in the background all day, but I will. I'm desperate for new news. :)

Why do you think Kenneth would have keys to 3 other houses? Just curious. Is that something that's common? Giving family members keys to your house? Only one other person besides me and my husband have keys to get in our home. And it isn't an uncle or brother in law. Unless I'm missing something..

Not abnormal for relatives on the country to have even a neighbor's key.

Myself I have keys to my mom's and my sister's, they have keys to mine. I also have a key to my neighbor across the street that is an elderly lady that lives alone.

It has happened before.. Someone that has been a problem and/or a bully killed and everyone is fine with it. One man was killed in the middle of the day downtown, people around and no one saw anything.

Not much is being said about the Rhodens good or bad from locals. Who knows if people in the community considered them a bad problem or not?

The only one we have heard much about is Dana. Everybody seems to have loved her. We have heard she was generous, and a hard worker. But you raise a good point. Why haven't we heard anything about the men? That in itself says a lot.

Except this isn't the deep south. I grew up in Ohio. Born and raised. Went to college in Southern Ohio (Miami U). I know all about that Appalachian culture and I know darn well what someone means when they wear the confederate flag. Especially when it is coupled with what we know about Brandon. He hurled the N word at that kid that made the FB threat - Isaiah Jones, who is black. (Jones named here: http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders/243501604)

Miami University is hardly representative of Appalachian culture, it is about as far away as it can be.

The confederate flag is something many in Southern Ohio cling to. It is deeply ingrained, as is using the N word, even cockfighting and making moonshine are not frowned upon in many circles. It is like a different world. These folks are not sitting in sociology classes dissecting the hidden meaning and symbolism behind the flag. The cyclical nature of poverty and these activities makes it very different from many parts of Ohio. It just is what it is. They may be rednecks, but nobody deserves to die like this.

I read that the FR's older daughter is with her Mom. HR's older daughter is with the family member she was with the night of the murders. That the 4 day old baby of HR and the 6 month old baby of HG and FG are both with the state. Any theories why those 2 haven't been sent to family?

I'm still inclined to think it was an amateurish attempt at interrogating her. Trying to frighten her into confessing something. It was obviously aggressive, as opposed to, say, calling her and taking her into the station for questioning at 3 am. Experienced detectives know you can get more out of criminals and witnesses if you gain their trust and question them calmly.

The interrogation of Canadian serial killer Col. Russell Williams is a good example of how well this approach works.

[video=youtube;bsLbDzkIy3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLbDzkIy3A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLbDzkIy3A[/video]

In defense of LE, it could be they were panicked and concerned that other attacks were imminent.

I think they had intentions on questioning her when she was most exhausted and unsuspecting even if she had been asleep a little while I doubt she ever thought she would be awaken at that time for more questions but I think either they had watched her since and idk if they could quickly tap into her forms of communication ie: cell computer but I bet she was under surveillance and they had a good reason either from something they saw or heard or just to question her when vulnerable. If the the latter they probably figured they would blame her and she would get scared and tell what she knew

Miami University is hardly representative of Appalachian culture, it is about as far away as it can be.

The confederate flag is something many in Southern Ohio cling to. It is deeply ingrained, as is using the N word, even cockfighting and making moonshine are not frowned upon in many circles. It is like a different world. These folks are not sitting in sociology classes dissecting the hidden meaning and symbolism behind the flag. The cyclical nature of poverty and these activities makes it very different from many parts of Ohio. It just is what it is. They may be rednecks, but nobody deserves to die like this.

I read that the FR's older daughter is with her Mom. HR's older daughter is with the family member she was with the night of the murders. That the 4 day old baby of HR and the 6 month old baby of HG and FG are both with the state. Any theories why those 2 haven't been sent to family?

Maybe they haven't been sent back because of the danger that may still be lurking for the rest of the family ?
Didn't LE say arm themselves ?

Getting off off work at 11 means the murders (at least 1 of them) happened after 11. It helps narrow down the timeframe, which is very relevant. Why she overslept seems trivial, unless she told some coworkers it was because armed men broke into her house and said they were coming back tonight to kill us.

IMO, no detail is truly trivial in this case. I was just brainstorming and tossing out possible scenarios. One scenario being that maybe she was late because of a family dispute but told her employer she overslept to avoid discussing her personal life. Maybe the dispute escalated while she was at work. Who knows? None of us. That's the whole point.

Thank you for your response JaimeInLA. That is what is adding to my confusion; the fact that it is mentioned in that interview about the 6 mos old covered in blood and yet I hear no mention of a bloody - LIVE - child, who may need urgent medical attention, being mentioned on a 911 call. Did she pick the baby up? Take the baby outside until police/ambulance arrived? Or did she leave the child right there next to her dead mother? I would think that the baby would have been noticably uncomfortable (squirming, possibly fussing...) and hungry by that time.

Agreed. Miami U isn't southern Ohio.

Audio at link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...1871c6-0aaa-11e6-bc53-db634ca94a2a_video.html

1:10 she says there"s blood all over the front room.
1;18 Sounds like she says the children was in the bedroom. ?
2:02 she says the door was locked but she knew where the key was at.

Second call
3:16 he says the address is close to 799, he doesn't know what his address is because he doesn't have a box.
3:52 he said he looked up at him and he had a gun shot wound.

OK that sounds like the entire call and from what her dad said, they found Frankie first.

Why didn't she tell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members