OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be interested in helping me figure this site out? It’s give info related to homicides investigated by the FBI. I searched the parameters on the site and oddly it only comes back with 1 listing for Pike County in 2016, for a 20 year old male.

Murderdata.org

Here is the result I received:

http://public.tableau.com/vizql/w/O...{"worksheet":"Solved","dashboard":"SHR Main"}

b2817360e9ddd9abbcbc2c0098eb119b.jpg

I cannot figure out why the results are only giving me one victim? Perhaps I’m doing something incorrectly or perhaps the FBI was only involved in info regarding FR? Help!! LOL

This goes with this post but Tapatalk won’t let me upload 2 pics at once right now.
db5fa880ed0d1c3b1cb89ed44a8326d9.jpg

Would someone be interested in helping me figure this site out? It’s give info related to homicides investigated by the FBI. I searched the parameters on the site and oddly it only comes back with 1 listing for Pike County in 2016, for a 20 year old male.

Murderdata.org

http://public.tableau.com/vizql/w/O...{"worksheet":"Solved","dashboard":"SHR Main"}

I cannot figure out why the results are only giving me one victim? Perhaps I’m doing something incorrectly or perhaps the FBI was only involved in info regarding FR? Help!! LOL

It's probably accurate. Historically, Pike County has a low murder rate. Given the nature of that area of the state and the history of Ohio's AG's, they would be very unlikely to call the FBI for assistance, even if they needed it. The big cities in Ohio have no qualms about working with the feds on murder cases, serial and spree killers, etc. You get into rural Ohio and it's different. Ohio's AG's usually don't like "outsiders" meddling in things.

It's probably accurate. Historically, Pike County has a low murder rate. Given the nature of that area of the state and the history of Ohio's AG's, they would be very unlikely to call the FBI for assistance, even if they needed it. The big cities in Ohio have no qualms about working with the feds on murder cases, serial and spree killers, etc. You get into rural Ohio and it's different. Ohio's AG's usually don't like "outsiders" meddling in things.

I’m having trouble understanding why the FBI would only have looked at Frankie’s homicide and not the other 7 victims. Does that make sense? If they’re gonna look at 1, you’d think they’d at least have data on his fiancée who was murdered in bed with him, right? There’s not info on the other 7, the only info is on Frankie and the FBI is reporting PIKE CO only had 1 murder in 2016. Weird.

These are honest questions and bewilderment LOL not to be confused with snarkiness [emoji5]

Not sure if you all have seen the newest article?

https://www.newarkadvocate.com/stor...investigation-stands-after-2-years/531686002/

Couple interesting quotes

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

Murderdata.org

You could email the database creator to ask.

My impression is, this is not an actual FBI database, it is a non-government database with historical ie primarily non-current cases. The example it cites is the JonBenet Ramsey case. The data appears to be collected through FOI requests.

I also notice the data really is up to the end of 2015. 2016 data just sneaks in (using the sliding scale for date, only the final end point is for all of 2016.)

So I don't consider this an accurate representation of what is or is not in the FBI database: ie perhaps the FOI request for 2016 data is still being processed.

JMO, the federal agencies were consulted on the case, had discussions with BCI and DeWine, but I doubt they were "boots on the ground" in the investigation. Again, reading the affadavits & depositions in the autopsy reports court case, BCI agents talk about how the investigation was conducted, who was in charge of which parts, etc. They never mentioned federal agents being part of it.
We know DeWine said the FBI labs in Quantico examining some evidence. DEA and DHS were probably given some information and asked to search their files and data to see if any of the criminals & activity they follow matched up. DHS would have only checked their info on foreign drug dealers. But I don't think they were on the ground interviewing suspects and witnesses or gathering evidence at the crime scenes. No witnesses or locals ever mention talking to feds and they don't appear in photos or video of the crime scene or at press conferences. JMO, there's likely a reason for that, but I won't go into it.

As for the W's involvement, JW probably knew at that point that HR's new baby was not his. He probably didn't care one way or another about Hannah or her family getting killed. His daughter was with his family that night and he was probably told that the killers were pros and wouldn't kill the kids. He may have gone along with them to make sure the kids were safe and to help them navigate the crime scenes, quiet the dogs, etc.

If JW or someone in his family was also involved in the drug biz and were threatened by CR1 to reveal their activities, they would have perceived it as an ultimatum - either they get rid of the Rhodens or risk getting killed themselves (by higher ups) or going to prison.

As for locals not talking, the killers may have not been from the area or known to them. They would have the same threat hanging over their heads as the W's: snitch and you and your whole family dies, just like the Rhodens. Maybe, for whatever reason, they think local LE and BCI are not capable or willing to protect them. They wouldn't get witness protection and they would be expected to stick around to testify if they help get someone arrested. The relatively small reward fund wouldn't be enough to pay their legal fees and they would end up in prison if they were even remotely associated with the drugs/MJ business. If they're serious, LE needs to do more to encourage witnesses to come forward and ensure the safety of them and their families. BCI and PCSO should have known from Day 1 that was necessary. The message sent by the killers when they massacred the Rhoden family was obvious.

I said early on that I could see why no one was coming forward. Most folks want to keep their family, and themselves, alive. This was directed at this family, for a reason. I think that as long as the others mind their own, and don't get into anything over their heads, like the Rs did, then I believe the others in the community feel they'll be fine.

I disagree that JW knew the baby wasn't his. I think they waited to go to AK until after the DNA tests came back to ensure that she wasn't his baby. There were three potential fathers. We know at least two were very much hoping that baby was theirs, one, who turned out to be its' father, and one who pulled its' sock off in the hospital. He was there. He wouldn't have been there if he knew. The Ws may know something but none of them seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer to pull something like this off, unless they are putting on a really good acting job. It seems that the elders were successful, and maybe had some ties to some sketchy stuff, but the elders didn't seem to have a super relationship with their son and dil, at least not one they'd kill forr them over.

I just don't see them killing eight people over custody. Hire someone to make HMR disappear and JW gets S anyway. It's not like LM didn't blurt out custody within 24 hours after the murders, along with the slapping incident, and the cops being snots about something the past weekend. They left the mouthiest one alive, yet, nothing has happened. The Ws may have done this but I don't see them having the money to hire it done, and I don't see the elders as caring that much about what their son wanted. I think they have favorites in the family who are more successful.

We've had the alphabet boys, in town, here, to investigate a case but no one knew that they were here. Well, I did, but they didn't come in town, in marked vehicles and such. It was kept fairly low key, and then they they flew back out to wherever they came from.

I could be wrong. I just lean more toward something that they all had in common. A place.

You could email the database creator to ask.

My impression is, this is not an actual FBI database, it is a non-government database with historical ie primarily non-current cases. The example it cites is the JonBenet Ramsey case. The data appears to be collected through FOI requests.

I also notice the data really is up to the end of 2015. 2016 data just sneaks in (using the sliding scale for date, only the final end point is for all of 2016.)

So I don't consider this an accurate representation of what is or is not in the FBI database: ie perhaps the FOI request for 2016 data is still being processed.

Hmmm it came from a reputable source and I checked it against another case I follow committed 4 days before in the same week of 2016 as the Rhoden/Gilley case and found info on that case with information that has not been released via FOIA. I’m gonna have to look into it, thanks for looking and the advice.

I’m having trouble understanding why the FBI would only have looked at Frankie’s homicide and not the other 7 victims. Does that make sense? If they’re gonna look at 1, you’d think they’d at least have data on his fiancée who was murdered in bed with him, right? There’s not info on the other 7, the only info is on Frankie and the FBI is reporting PIKE CO only had 1 murder in 2016. Weird.

These are honest questions and bewilderment LOL not to be confused with snarkiness [emoji5]

From what I understood from earlier news reports, the FBI only did some special lab work/ testing on evidence. Perhaps it was only evidence related to Frankie's murder. Wonder what it was? DNA? Toxicology? Bullet fragments? Fibers? Hair? Fingerprints? Cell phone or computer records?

Do you have another link for the report? I can't get the one above to work properly. TIA

From what I understood from earlier news reports, the FBI only did some special lab work/ testing on evidence. Perhaps it was only evidence related to Frankie's murder. Wonder what it was? DNA? Toxicology? Bullet fragments? Fibers? Hair? Fingerprints? Cell phone or computer records?

Do you have another link for the report? I can't get the one above to work properly. TIA
That’s my thoughts-something had to be different about Frankie for him to be the only one listed on that website.

Try this link:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/ZPSH94CS8?:display_count=yes

If it works, when you get there, click on the Red bar where the arrow is pointing to, then select view data.
462a7318eb1d22457cecbad3c3e95667.jpg

If it doesn’t work, murderdata.org and generate the report on your own. You choose year, state, county and it brings up that info. Let me know if it works:)

Murderdata.org

cache.php

It's coming back with an error for me. I'll try to look.

I said early on that I could see why no one was coming forward. Most folks want to keep their family, and themselves, alive. This was directed at this family, for a reason. I think that as long as the others mind their own, and don't get into anything over their heads, like the Rs did, then I believe the others in the community feel they'll be fine.

I disagree that JW knew the baby wasn't his. I think they waited to go to AK until after the DNA tests came back to ensure that she wasn't his baby. There were three potential fathers. We know at least two were very much hoping that baby was theirs, one, who turned out to be its' father, and one who pulled its' sock off in the hospital. He was there. He wouldn't have been there if he knew. The Ws may know something but none of them seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer to pull something like this off, unless they are putting on a really good acting job. It seems that the elders were successful, and maybe had some ties to some sketchy stuff, but the elders didn't seem to have a super relationship with their son and dil, at least not one they'd kill forr them over.

I just don't see them killing eight people over custody. Hire someone to make HMR disappear and JW gets S anyway. It's not like LM didn't blurt out custody within 24 hours after the murders, along with the slapping incident, and the cops being snots about something the past weekend. They left the mouthiest one alive, yet, nothing has happened. The Ws may have done this but I don't see them having the money to hire it done, and I don't see the elders as caring that much about what their son wanted. I think they have favorites in the family who are more successful.

We've had the alphabet boys, in town, here, to investigate a case but no one knew that they were here. Well, I did, but they didn't come in town, in marked vehicles and such. It was kept fairly low key, and then they they flew back out to wherever they came from.

I could be wrong. I just lean more toward something that they all had in common. A place.

I think I know what place, BBL? If the W's are truly there suspects/focus, and they are under investigation, wouldn't the FBI be involved since they now live in another state?

Had it not been for a couple three things, I'd not really even think about the Ws. The custody issue, in and of itself, I cannot see causing this. I do not see the Ws as big drug players either.

The main thing that puts them on my radar, is;

JW's conflicting statements. Which statement is true? Did he pick her up at 10:30 p.m., the evening before, and miss the murders by hours? or Did HMR drop her off, and he was to bring her home, that Friday? In no way are his statements similar, other than S wasn't at the scene of the murders that night. The former, at the very least, puts him as the last person who saw HMR alive.

The two statements are so different, that I can't see how there could be a mistake, on the part of JW, or even on the part of the newspaper(s) that ran his story.
In the area these people are from it is a big thing that family stay together. Since the W's say they were planning the move before the killings was it ever mentioned to HR? She...the whole Rhoden family would have been against the move just like the whole W family would have been for it. The conflicting statements is troubling. The W's thought HR's baby was a W right? I can assure you a mountain family would do a lot to keep children with them. Another thing why is it everyone assumes the R family were drug dealers or into drugs outside of the marijuana? It was even said that the marijuana was an exaggeration. When a bust happens you see them bring all the stuff from the bust out. You won't find that with the R's. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this an assumption because of preconceived notions? I am not insulting anyone at all. I know from first hand experience people have ideas of how things are. The person who is behind all this might want us to do just that so we miss things. Forgive me I forgot the name of the person who found out DR's trailer was in was bought in a woman's name who was deceased? That was a fantastic find! Just to add more to my thought did this bunch of R's do this kind of thing a lot? Buy stuff in deceased peoples name and possibly sale it?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

In the area these people are from it is a big thing that family stay together. Since the W's say they were planning the move before the killings was it ever mentioned to HR? She...the whole Rhoden family would have been against the move just like the whole W family would have been for it. The conflicting statements is troubling. The W's thought HR's baby was a W right? I can assure you a mountain family would do a lot to keep children with them. Another thing why is it everyone assumes the R family were drug dealers or into drugs outside of the marijuana? It was even said that the marijuana was an exaggeration. When a bust happens you see them bring all the stuff from the bust out. You won't find that with the R's. Please don't take this the wrong way but is this an assumption because of preconceived notions? I am not insulting anyone at all. I know from first hand experience people have ideas of how things are. The person who is behind all this might want us to do just that so we miss things. Forgive me I forgot the name of the person who found out DR's trailer was in was bought in a woman's name who was deceased? That was a fantastic find! Just to add more to my thought did this bunch of R's do this kind of thing a lot? Buy stuff in deceased peoples name and possibly sale it?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I think someone needs to provide some proof that DR's new home was bought in the name of a deceased woman. Extraordinary claims require proof. Sorry, I'm skeptical. We may be going a little too far out on a limb trying to make some real estate connection to these deaths.

I agree, there's never been anything from LE to indicate Rhodens were involved with drugs. The only thing mentioned is an MJ grow op. Some have speculated in the past about the deaths being the result of a recent foray by CR1 into dealing drugs, but it's just theorizing/speculation.

Many here have long believed (and I agree) that CR1 purchased DR's new home in an effort to defend the family against any attempts by the Wagners to gain custody of Hanna's daughter S. According to Leonard Manley, the custody issue had been ongoing. Jake Wagner talks of having spent quite a bit of money on an attorney in his attempts to gain custody. The Rhoden family was fighting and would likely have been very upset if Wagners tried to take custody of S and move her to AK.

JMO, Wagners were very cruel to attempt to take the child away from her mother and mother's family. Very wrong. They were the ones who initiated the custody battle, not the victims. Regardless of their claims they were close to Hanna R, they obviously cared nothing about her rights as a mother. She ended up dead, possibly as a result of their actions, shot dead in bed next to her 4 day old infant. If Wagners were involved in this, they are truly monsters.

That’s my thoughts-something had to be different about Frankie for him to be the only one listed on that website.

Try this link:

https://public.tableau.com/shared/ZPSH94CS8?:display_count=yes

If it works, when you get there, click on the Red bar where the arrow is pointing to, then select view data.
462a7318eb1d22457cecbad3c3e95667.jpg

If it doesn’t work, murderdata.org and generate the report on your own. You choose year, state, county and it brings up that info. Let me know if it works:)

Thanks MittenScarpetta! That link works for me. I hope BCI is working more with the FBI and DEA on this case. Like the local citizenry, LE in these areas like to do things on their own without "outsiders". Southern & SE Ohio has it's own reputation on these things with systems that go back multiple generations.

I don't think they killed them only over custody either. The custody battle may have triggered threats or retribution over the local MJ trade or other local organized crime.

As other LE members here at WS have speculated, the deaths may have been triggered by big bosses in regional organized crime who didn't like the escalating battles between the Rhodens & Wagners and decided to take action. LE was already clamping down on drug trafficking and other organized crime in the region. They didn't want any more problems from the growers, etc. in Pike Co. attracting more attention from LE.

I'm not sure how BBL fits in with any of this other than a place where locals meet and maybe some drugs were sold. I doubt there's anyone there who are the big drug bosses in the area, but anything is possible. LE likely knows who the big organized crime figures are in the region, but they need to make a connection between W's, those leaders or killers. JMO, if it were a ad hoc group of first time local killers, they would know that by now and would probably have enough evidence to arrest them. Murder stats in the area show there doesn't seem to be any locals who have gained a lot of experience in murdering the locals.

ETA: I'm still open to considering the Wags themselves hired some people from the area to kill the Rhodens. Also think it's possible JW or someone from the W family participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl