OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am being to agree with you on the reason's evidence and everything else in this case is being kept secret Betty P. I keep hoping that officials in this day and age are to be trusted and true. But the sad truth is, they cannot. It almost seems officials have a "spin doctor" like actor/actresses used to have to keep their bad behavior out of the press and away from the public. I guess it's not politicially correct to be a "whistle blower" anymore and I can't understand "them" getting away with it. I can understand some things being kept from the public in national matters, but not in something that affects private citizens, in their own town, in their own homes. I am supposed to trust "higher ups" in this case, when half of the police in this situation and others have been proven to be currupt? This case is hard to figure out when we don't have what is considered to be "normal" reports on it. It's starting to stink like something very, very rotten. Even though some people may think that the Rhoden's deserved what they got because they where into criminal activities, (I am not one of them) their children were innocent of whatever it was. They were robbed of their lives all 8 of them. Death was not fair to them, we are all human and make mistakes, most of us have a chance to change that, their chance is gone forever. I want to believe I am at least safe in my own home, I want to be able to believe that if I needed it, help would be there for me. Sadly, this is not true anymore. My faith in these poor people getting any justice is truly beginning to fade.
Betty P, how do we go about finding out what happened that Saturday prior to the murders? I haven't seen it mentioned here or other places. Like you said, it got shut down or quickly forgotten. That's why I was trying to go back and check "old things" out. When we started it was a whirlwind of info and rumors, now that things are calmer, time to check out those little things we missed.

I don't think there's anything out there about the Saturday night before the murders, other than the few remarks LM made. Back in the beginning of the case, I decided to check the scanner feed archives to see if we could go back and listen to what was on the scanner that night. Guess what? There is no public live police scanner feed for Pike County. Surprised? No. And that's unusual compared to most areas in the US, even most of Ohio.

Hard to say what's up. It could also be that prosecutors think they couldn't get a conviction if they do find the killers and bring them to trial. That seems remote, that local jurors would let a group of killers walk free just because they hated some of the Rhodens. Can any locals weight in on that? If they arrested the killers and brought them to trial in Pike Co, would a local jury convict them?

Seems more likely they're covering something up, especially when BCI took over the case instantly and DeWine came running out from Columbus within a couple of hours. He doesn't usually do that. JMO, someone called him and said "you have to get out there pronto and put a lid on this".

I don't think there's anything out there about the Saturday night before the murders, other than the few remarks LM made. Back in the beginning of the case, I decided to check the scanner feed archives to see if we could go back and listen to what was on the scanner that night. Guess what? There is no public live police scanner feed for Pike County. Surprised? No. And that's unusual compared to most areas in the US, even most of Ohio.

Hard to say what's up. It could also be that prosecutors think they couldn't get a conviction if they do find the killers and bring them to trial. That seems remote, that local jurors would let a group of killers walk free just because they hated some of the Rhodens. Can any locals weight in on that? If they arrested the killers and brought them to trial in Pike Co, would a local jury convict them?

Seems more likely they're covering something up, especially when BCI took over the case instantly and DeWine came running out from Columbus within a couple of hours. He doesn't usually do that. JMO, someone called him and said "you have to get out there pronto and put a lid on this".

We don't have a public LE scanner online either. I can pick up EMS and Fire, on Broadcastify, but that's all. Back yearssssssss ago, we had one of those actual scanners, that had the "crystals". You could get specific "crystals" through various outlets. Radio Shack carried them. You could also get aftermarket ones that allowed you to hear EVERYTHING. We had both. This was in the early 80s. My first husband had it on night and day. I hated that %^&# thing. He was just plumb nosy. Knew everything going on in the county. If folks had one of those they could likely still pick up the broadcasts.

I am being to agree with you on the reason's evidence and everything else in this case is being kept secret Betty P. I keep hoping that officials in this day and age are to be trusted and true. But the sad truth is, they cannot. It almost seems officials have a "spin doctor" like actor/actresses used to have to keep their bad behavior out of the press and away from the public. I guess it's not politicially correct to be a "whistle blower" anymore and I can't understand "them" getting away with it. I can understand some things being kept from the public in national matters, but not in something that affects private citizens, in their own town, in their own homes. I am supposed to trust "higher ups" in this case, when half of the police in this situation and others have been proven to be currupt? This case is hard to figure out when we don't have what is considered to be "normal" reports on it. It's starting to stink like something very, very rotten. Even though some people may think that the Rhoden's deserved what they got because they where into criminal activities, (I am not one of them) their children were innocent of whatever it was. They were robbed of their lives all 8 of them. Death was not fair to them, we are all human and make mistakes, most of us have a chance to change that, their chance is gone forever. I want to believe I am at least safe in my own home, I want to be able to believe that if I needed it, help would be there for me. Sadly, this is not true anymore. My faith in these poor people getting any justice is truly beginning to fade.
Betty P, how do we go about finding out what happened that Saturday prior to the murders? I haven't seen it mentioned here or other places. Like you said, it got shut down or quickly forgotten. That's why I was trying to go back and check "old things" out. When we started it was a whirlwind of info and rumors, now that things are calmer, time to check out those little things we missed.

You would have to go back through comments made by LM the day this happened. That was when he mentions that some kind of confrontation took place and was very upset with the Deputies that were there and how they acted or how they talked to people. He referred to them as snots or real snots or something on that order...

Would there be transcripts of 911 calls or would you need to file freedom of information paperwork or something to get those?

In reading over the "transcripts of 911" call, I remember reading somewhere that if a person making the call begins making statements about things they haven't been asked about, their lying. They ask BJM usual questions like address and reason for call. She has to go to the mail box to get address? IMO lie, she sounds out of breath, but when you listen to the call seems to be carrying on a 2 way conversation with the operator and someone in the background. She begin's to explain how she got into CRsr's home and wasn't asked this. That doesn't sound like someone that is confused because she's upset, but someone setting up an alibi. JMO

All I get is page does not exist....

I googled transcripts of 911 call made by Bobby Manley morning of April 22 2016, or something like that and the article poped up. I copyed the address right. You know I can't find that interview with LM about the Saturday prior to the murders either. Some things I copyed on imgur have vanished to. Maybe one of our poster's that have kept better notes than I can come up with them. Dudley, did you check out the probate records I posted a few pages back?

I googled transcripts of 911 call made by Bobby Manley morning of April 22 2016, or something like that and the article poped up. I copyed the address right. You know I can't find that interview with LM about the Saturday prior to the murders either. Some things I copyed on imgur have vanished to. Maybe one of our poster's that have kept better notes than I can come up with them. Dudley, did you check out the probate records I posted a few pages back?

I looked at those probate records, thanks. I've been trying to find the interview where LM mentions that Saturday previous to the murders. Some things may automatically delete after so long. I has been almost two years...

All links I have seen that go to Imgur are not found. I did find a comment on the subject of the week before. It was Friday and not Saturday according to this. Of course these are unsubstantiated statements and not my own. But something apparently happened...

Then he said it was "over custody and that racket that had the police out here Friday night" when asked what about, he said the police were "snots" (So LE wasn't on his side I take it)

This is the 1st interview because LM told them his name and spelled it for them.

And this:
"LM said "the killings was over what the cops were out here for Friday night". He said the cops were "snots". So obviously LE wasn't in the Manley corner before the murders."

You would have to go back through comments made by LM the day this happened. That was when he mentions that some kind of confrontation took place and was very upset with the Deputies that were there and how they acted or how they talked to people. He referred to them as snots or real snots or something on that order...

Didn't LM imply the problem was over telephoned threats to Dana and he claimed that they had recorded proof on a phone?
I recall when he made these statements and the conversations on Topix took off about Road Rage Lady/ her motorcyclist husband and threats trying to get Dana to back off testifying against her so she would not lose her
children again.

OK, thank you both Dudley and enelram. Let's see, the Friday prior to murders would have been April 15, 2016. Anyone remember what date the baby shower was? Also, irrc there were 3 custody issues that had accured around that time. One was RCA and her worrying about losing her children again, another was the W's and little S, and yet another was KMC losing custody of a grandchild (DR was involved in that one somehow) . I wonder which one LM was trying to point to?
IMO, for some reason it seems to me that authorities have been focusing on the Manley's from day one. I don't think it's just because they discovered the scenes either. As you said Dudley, the LE does not seem to be in the Manley's corner. Why did the elder Manley's file for custody of the great-grandchildren? Surly they knew that due to their advancing age, low income, older bad condition home, that they wouldn't be a good canidate for raising such young children. I haven't "heard" of any of the Rhoden's trying for custody either (except KR2 and remark about HMR wanting her to be god-mother) which is kinda strange to me also.

All links I have seen that go to Imgur are not found. I did find a comment on the subject of the week before. It was Friday and not Saturday according to this. Of course these are unsubstantiated statements and not my own. But something apparently happened...

Then he said it was "over custody and that racket that had the police out here Friday night" when asked what about, he said the police were "snots" (So LE wasn't on his side I take it)

This is the 1st interview because LM told them his name and spelled it for them.

And this:
"LM said "the killings was over what the cops were out here for Friday night". He said the cops were "snots". So obviously LE wasn't in the Manley corner before the murders."

Just a venture that it was the W's.

Neighbors and some family members have said that Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden were involved in a contentious custody dispute related to Sophia at the time of the killings.

Rather, Angela Wagner said the couple wanted to legally formalize their agreed-upon shared custody arrangement. After they split up, each parent had custody of Sophia for one week, usually alternating each Saturday.

However the week before the killings, Rhoden dropped Sophia off on Friday, April 15, Wagner said. He was to return the towheaded toddler to her mom the following Friday, which was April 22 – the day the bodies were discovered.

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/.../?hootPostID=e94fae35cd4bede2fda13dc900d9c28c

Jake Wagner was in a custody dispute with Hanna Rhoden, one of the victims, according to Leonard Manley, her grandfather. The girl at the center of the custody dispute was not at any of the locations where the massacre occurred, Manley said, though several young children were found alive.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/aut...-of-pike-county-massacre-victims-ex-boyfriend

Authorities have said the killers were familiar with the homes, the surrounding area and most likely the family. Officials have said they found three “commercial-grade” marijuana grow operations at Kenneth Rhoden’s home and Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s property.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Here is the original version of JW's story:

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner shared custody of Sophia, who was supposed to be with her mom that fateful Friday evening, he said. But Wagner picked her up a day earlier than normal: "I reckon we missed it by just hours."

It's unclear if any family members have been able to see either Ruger or Kylie. Wagner knows that Sophia hasn't seen them since April 21.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/29/rhoden-case-hate-seeing-my-daughter-cry/87645382/

Here is the original version of JW's story:

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner shared custody of Sophia, who was supposed to be with her mom that fateful Friday evening, he said. But Wagner picked her up a day earlier than normal: "I reckon we missed it by just hours."

It's unclear if any family members have been able to see either Ruger or Kylie. Wagner knows that Sophia hasn't seen them since April 21.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/29/rhoden-case-hate-seeing-my-daughter-cry/87645382/

Thank you Bootsctr! I knew I had seen that date somewhere before! So if it was prearranged for JW to pick up Sophie, then why were the police there? What could have happened that they needed to be called? If you go by the first story told, HMR dropped Sophie off that Friday and therefore the W's would not be involved in whatever took place there that day. I knew when the last article was published that we had caught the Wagners in a lie. I wonder why?

Adding to those thoughts, if they had a week to week arrangement, that would mean Sophie would be spending more time with her grandparents than her father. Wasn't he an over the road trucker? I don't see this as being true, why would they be making a "legal" arrangement if there was one in place that was working? No don't believe it! And why change the story of when and where Sophie was picked up? Maybe it needed to be changed because something of his was found at the murder scene. Didn't he say that he had picked her up on Friday Apirl 21, 2016 at 10:30 pm? And then Chel Rob dropped off Brentley at Frankie's at 10:30pm that same night. I remember pick-up, drop-off at 10:30 pm April 21, 2016. Two people putting themselves in two scenes of the crimes. Bjm, 2 friends, JM, CM, LM 5 more people putting themselves at murder scenes, DS, LR and driver, 3 more people puting themselves at a murder scene. That's a lot of people there when no authorities are not in place.

Thank you Bootsctr! I knew I had seen that date somewhere before! So if it was prearranged for JW to pick up Sophie, then why were the police there? What could have happened that they needed to be called? If you go by the first story told, HMR dropped Sophie off that Friday and therefore the W's would not be involved in whatever took place there that day. I knew when the last article was published that we had caught the Wagners in a lie. I wonder why?

I think JW is definitely trying to distance himself from the crime scene by an entire week. There must be witnesses to the whole custody dispute (paper states relatives and neighbors), but the only one who has been quoted is LM (that I have read). Just guessing that the other witnesses could have been the murder victims.

Adding to those thoughts, if they had a week to week arrangement, that would mean Sophie would be spending more time with her grandparents than her father. Wasn't he an over the road trucker? I don't see this as being true, why would they be making a "legal" arrangement if there was one in place that was working? No don't believe it! And why change the story of when and where Sophie was picked up? Maybe it needed to be changed because something of his was found at the murder scene. Didn't he say that he had picked her up on Friday Apirl 21, 2016 at 10:30 pm? And then Chel Rob dropped off Brentley at Frankie's at 10:30pm that same night. I remember pick-up, drop-off at 10:30 pm April 21, 2016. Two people putting themselves in two scenes of the crimes. Bjm, 2 friends, JM, CM, LM 5 more people putting themselves at murder scenes, DS, LR and driver, 3 more people puting themselves at a murder scene. That's a lot of people there when no authorities are not in place.

It definitely sounds in the articles that JW worked a lot and that leads me to believe that his parents were caring for Sophie more than JW was actually caring for her. It does seem that the grandparents were the driving force behind the custody issue. I don't know. I have never been involved in custody of grandchildren or children, but I have read stories where it becomes literally a vicious battle between parents and families seeking custody rights.

I don't know if child support was an issue in Sophia's case, or the other child, but maybe HMR was starting to put her foot down about keeping Sophia with her more, or maybe Dana was the driving force behind pushing HMR to not give up custody rights to Sophia (though AW denied that). The cops are going to follow whatever agreement is in writing, I believe.

I find it odd that JW would completely change his story if there was a big "stink" on the Friday before April 21 and would have been documented in a police report. Also, didn't HMR have a C-section on April 17? Was she even driving on April 21st to drop Sophia off at the W's? I know - who listens to doctor orders.

ETA: Checked Betty P's updated timeline on the media thread and just says HMR had the baby on the 17th. Maybe she was induced.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...N-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered/page10

I have been in a custody dispute and it gets nasty, especially if your dealing with a spouse/baby daddy that was controlling. Because then it isn't about what's best for the child, it becomes a tug of war about the controller losing his/her control over you. By trying to gain control over the child, the controller still has control over you. It's terrible, the innocent child is the one who suffers most. A lot of emotions go back and forth and can result in vengeful feelings toward each parent. I had the support of family and friends and a lot of praying. Things eventually worked out (years) but the scars of the battle has never left me or my child.
So how did JW end up with Sophia if there were problems going on between her parents? I can only go by my thinking in this, JW was at the hospital and seen the baby K after her birth, checking for a" toe trait" that ran in his family. Me, if I were having problems with my child's father, he would not be able to get near my child without some kind of court order. HMR had more than enough family and friends who would have stepped up and watched Sophia for her. Why the pick-up on April 15th if she didn't give birth until the 17th? Could she have been in labor that long? She could have, but second babies usually don't don't take as long as the first baby in labor. Sometimes if you have had a c-section with your first baby, they deliver all future births as c-sections, with would mean the birth is scheduled. There didn't seem to be any complications with the birth or she would have had a longer stay in the hospital. I feel the killers waited for HMR to give birth and didn't want any innocents killed, reason babies weren't killed or because someone could get control of their parents estates. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966