OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speaking in general terms, I have a hard time believing an entire family could be psychopaths. I do see how one or more psychopathic extremely manipulative people in a family could convince others to do things they normally wouldn't do.

I think we could multiply the ability to influence many times over if the highly manipulative person is a parent who has not allowed their adult children to live their own lives, separate from them.

My uncle never moved out of my grandfather's home. I loved my grandfather but I also know that he loved the power he had over my uncle and he was never willing to give that up. If my grandfather had told my adult uncle that he wanted him to jump off a roof and to make sure he landed on his head, because it was the right thing for him to do, I think at first my uncle would have tried to reason with him and go over the consequences of such an act. With enough badgering on the subject, my uncle may have ended up doing exactly what he was told to do, if for any reason, to make my grandfather happy for once and for all, and to get him off his back!

BBM

JW and his brother bought a house but apparently AW and BW moved in with them so I feel like JW and his brother had a really hard time cutting the apron strings.

I feel like AW was the driving force behind all this, but then again it has been speculated that JW was controlling and abusive.

JMO

BBM

JW and his brother bought a house but apparently AW and BW moved in with them so I feel like JW and his brother had a really hard time cutting the apron strings.

I feel like AW was the driving force behind all this, but then again it has been speculated that JW was controlling and abusive.

JMO

BBM

JMO

Maybe JW was controlling and abusive because of his mother.

I believe they were home schooled by their mother. If they lived out in the country, they may not have had a lot of opportunities to connect with people their own age, and maybe that made the family unit very tight?

But both boys became involved with young women who were not in their church and they each had a child with these women. The church is extremely old school from what I have read, so I am not sure how both boys having children out of wedlock, and especially women outside their faith fits into their religion?

I can't help but wonder if HR was being pressured to join the flock and if she resisted, it might perhaps explain some of the controlling and abusive behavior she experienced by JW that has been reported.

BBM

JMO
They not only moved in, they brought all kinds of animals and built a barn too LOL. They were gonna retire there with their sons, IMO.

BBM

If it comes out, that the Rs have done something, in the eyes of the assailant(s), as unforgivable

If I recall correctly the Hatfield-McCoy feud started over a pig. Or the pig was trigger. I personally believe it started during the Civil war when members of each family were on opposing sides and resentment built up over a number of years until it escalated into killing. If I recall my history correctly Anse Hatfield and Randolph McCoy were reputed to be on friendly terms at one time.

Something of this nature could have very well happened between the W's and R's with a very small issue being the trigger.

It would be more like taking the law into their own hands. Retribution.

This could very well fit the circumstances between the two families.

They want what they want and go after it, not caring about the feelings, or fall-out, they leave behind.

Sounds like a lot of ex-spouses.

JMO

There was a pig in the Hatfield/McCoy story, ( pigs were valuable at that time, especially if you happened to be poor), but there was violence and death between the two families, before and aftr the pig incident. The pig incident revolved around one being seen as a turncoat of sorts. The link below gives a pretty good overview of the feud. However, the Hatfield / McCoy feud was a many years long, ongoing, feud, and a feud is not really what I was talking about.
The Hatfield & McCoy Feud | HISTORY

I'm talking more along the lines of, say someone shorted a group of people on some drugs, or, maybe the folks who were/are dealing, had a connection who fronted them, and they, then, either shorted their connection, or didn't pay them at all, after they sold their weight. There's also things like, disagreements over price, quality, sources, and even meet-up locations. When one is dealing in illegal drugs, one cannot just threaten to report your source to the BBB, or call LE and ask them to come on over and help sort out a disagreement. If someone shorts you, you can't take them to court. If people disagree over price or purity, or source, or weight/numbers, those disagreements can, and will, become violent. It's about respect, and, it's about sending a message so that it doesn't happen again, with anyone else.

Authorities believe people have information, but may be worried about coming forward, or may be worried they'd implicate themselves in another crime by giving information.

Meth is big here, bigger than Heroin now, and it's as bad, or worse, than Heroin. Walkin' skeletons. What if a parent of a deceased child just lost it, and took their rage out on the folks who they found out provided that stuff to them. Plotted and planned, their hate growing with each day. There's a lot of folks who don't put much faith in LE doing much, or the courts convicting folks, if it's the common man vs someone with a little money or pull. So, they handle it themselves. Hillbilly justice (or vigilante justice).

I personally do not see custody as a motivator for Hillbilly Justice in this scenario. Some have said that JW was abusive. Had the Rs found out that he had beaten HMR to a pulp, yes, I could see that as something that would be a call to the R & M famies for Hillbilly Justice. The Rs beat the crap out of some boy, and his Dad, over a slur at a demo derby. Rolled up on their property, uninvited, and performed a beat down. I'd think they'd at the very least do likewise if HMR came home, crying, and battered. I'm looking at this from the opposite end of the spectrum. If JW was after full, total, 100%, custody, to steal away S to Alaska, and threatened CR1 with exposing his operation, I'd not think it would be the Rs who would be deceased, I'd think that we'd be wondering were on earth that W boy, from Peebles, Oh, went off missing to (and we'd likely never know).

I'm also not talking about selling weed, by the stick, ounce, or pound, (and Readers says it's deeper than weed anyway, and I believe him). So, taking weed out of it, I'm talking about selling something that will allow you to put down $30k in cash, for a six acre, corner lot, with a nice mobile home, in addition to helping out your family, and some in-laws, with expenses. Idk for sure that the Rs were doing that, maybe they were selling a bunch of weed, and making a ton of money, but, weed sells pretty cheap these days. LE likes to put a high dollar street value on it though. If it wasn't weed, and the main motivator wasn't custody, what was it?

Also, they weren't ex-spouses, and by Ohio law, HMR didn't even have to let him see S, let alone take her home with him, unless they had a custody agreement already hammered out, of course. I just don't see custody as the motivator. One more reason, Jeff Ruby wouldn't have pulled his $25k reward over a custody dispute, or weed. This is something deeper than a couple little weed grows, and a custody dispute. That's just my thinking. I could be wrong though. The Ws may be a family of psychopaths. Grandma, AW, may have sat with the children, while her two sons, and her spouse, went out on a murder spree. Stranger things have happened.

One local woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told local US news outlet ,WHIO that she knew the Rhoden family and wasn’t surprised that marijuana crops were found at the murder locations." data-reactid="82" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">One local woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told local US news outlet WHIO that she knew the Rhoden family and wasn’t surprised that marijuana crops were found at the murder locations.

“There’s little jobs down there,” she said.

“Everybody has to survive some way. This is how they survive.”

She believed the deaths were a form of "hillybilly justice", where citizens take the law into their own hands instead of involving police.

She said she doubted a drug cartel was behind the chilling crimes, contrary to the popular rumours, and thought the killer was known to the Rhoden family.

“There’s a lot of drugs that are relevant in the hills right now, and with meth and heroin being two of the main ones, I don’t think this is over pot,” she said.

Pike County residents say murdered family of eight were victims of 'hillbilly justice'

I believe they were home schooled by their mother. If they lived out in the country, they may not have had a lot of opportunities to connect with people their own age, and maybe that made the family unit very tight?

But both boys became involved with young women who were not in their church and they each had a child with these women. The church is extremely old school from what I have read, so I am not sure how both boys having children out of wedlock, and especially women outside their faith fits into their religion?

I can't help but wonder if HR was being pressured to join the flock and if she resisted, it might perhaps explain some of the controlling and abusive behavior she experienced by JW that has been reported.

There is a very old school, well, what I'd call old school, pastor, on FB, who said that he missed her, and her family, at his church. This was not long after she had S. I wonder if maybe both families had ended up there and they met that way.

There is a very old school, well, what I'd call old school, pastor, on FB, who said that he missed her, and her family, at his church. This was not long after she had S. I wonder if maybe both families had ended up there and they met that way.

This was the status of R's attendance in his church, according to the pastor of that church:

"The pastor said the family attended his church at one time but had not been regular attendees in the past few years. He said the family was well liked and the kids were "good kids" and very friendly. "Tragic, how tragic. This is unbelievable that it's now coming to our county," Fulton said."

LATEST: 30 interviewed in Pike County family slaying

Isn’t it Baptist? Or is it a more strict sect of the Baptist faith? That’s one aspect I haven’t really paid much attention to or done much research on about the W’s.

There were a couple incidents early on that were mentioned as
deaths possibly/allegedly caused by R's. There was a young man
killed in an accident that locals claimed was caused by the vehicle
malfunctioning. He had just bought the vehicle and locals thought
the malfunction was done on purpose not just neglect.

Then there was the drug OD of the young woman who had just
gotten out of drug rehab and relasped and died. Rumors linked
drugs possibly provided by R's, the person who sold her the drugs
was also alleged and he worked selling/delivering drugs for R's.
Her family has money and criminal connections and rumors say
not a family to mess with. This has always been a possible
motive in my mind. Interesting family connections.

LE were quick to tell the news media about the MJ grow ops found at 2 of the Rhoden properties. Had there been evidence of any other drug trafficking, they probably would have mentioned it.

If you have a link for the allegations that the victims were involved in drug trafficking, please share it. If not, if it's just rumor, it's against TOS. Thanks!

RSBM
There was a young man
malfunctioning.

He had just bought the vehicle and locals thought

This was never mentioned by LE or MSM. Rumors and claims heard by locals aren’t allowed on ws unless stated by LE or MSM. Do you have a link that lists this as one of the possible motives?

not a family to mess with.
Again..Rumors. Are you able to provide a link? That would be very helpful. TIA.
This has always been a possible
While we all have different motives in mind, it’s against TOS to post and share rumors that not only can’t be factually verified, this is also slander of victims based on assumptions, gossip, and rumors. I really hope you can share links for these claims.

I am really hoping to see a VI join this thread soon because IMO, that will put a lot of assumptions and hearsay to rest.

Last edited:
This was the status of R's attendance in his church, according to the pastor of that church:

"The pastor said the family attended his church at one time but had not been regular attendees in the past few years. He said the family was well liked and the kids were "good kids" and very friendly. "Tragic, how tragic. This is unbelievable that it's now coming to our county," Fulton said."

LATEST: 30 interviewed in Pike County family slaying

That's Pastor PF, he's not the pastor I was referring too. The one I was referring to was one, who I had a feeling, pastored a church that they possibly attended during their hiatus from Pastor PF's church. Not far from BBL.

I've heard the same, especially the 2nd one, early on, and put it on the back burner, as I was not sure about how true the rumors were. She passed not quite a month prior to the R / HHG murders.

I've heard the same, especially the 2nd one, early on, and put it on the back burner, as I was not sure about how true the rumors were. She passed not quite a month prior to the R / HHG murders.

If this is rumor it shouldn't be shared here. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson