UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this 2:00am text, how did that come to light? Was it when LM made a comment that LE told him there was a text? Could it be LE put that out to get a reaction? The only people that would know is JM, JW, and LE when they checked the phone records. Two of the three say it didn't happen. LE seems to have free reign on what is "factual" and uses that often. They can lie all they want to close a case.

This is the first mention of the text, that I have.

BCI agents also told the elder M on Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to JW’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. JW was the long-time boyfriend of one of the R victims.

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

Yeah, that's where all of my intertwined stuff comes into play, and then my brain kinda scrambles. I have thought, that maybe the two families had been in business with the same person/group, and, one family's leader, overestimated their ability to back that group down, or felt they could up the ante, and ended up deceased, along with seven other members. The other family freaks the heck out, and heads as far away from that area as humanly possible without leaving the United States. I mean, really, they could have hopped a jet and went to country with no extradition treaty, if they killed eight people, and wanted to disappear, and raise goats and furry pigs, in someplace like Croatia or Afghanistan. They had passports. The U.S. could have revoked their passports when they very obviously, left, for AK, and they'd never made it out of the lower 48.

BBM

I don't see that happening. If the W's were in danger, LE would have known it. I cannot see AG DeWine calling them out nationally and exposing not only the state they went to, but the town and indeed the very house they moved to. That would have put not only the adults but the children in danger. So no, they did not run because they were scared.

DeWine made sure everyone in AK and the rest of the world knew exactly what the W's looked like, what state they moved to, what town and even their house was photographed. I cannot believe that the AG and LE did not know that would happen when he said they were "laser focused" on that family. In other words he did it so everyone in AK would keep an eye on them, and to make sure that anyone who bought or traded a gun with them would know to be watching.

Don't forget it wasn't just the laser focus comment, but a plea for help from the public asking for anyone who bought, sold, or traded firearms, vehicles or ammo with this family.

JMO

BBM

I don't see that happening. If the W's were in danger, LE would have known it. I cannot see AG DeWine calling them out nationally and exposing not only the state they went to, but the town and indeed the very house they moved to. That would have put not only the adults but the children in danger. So no, they did not run because they were scared.

DeWine made sure everyone in AK and the rest of the world knew exactly what the W's looked like, what state they moved to, what town and even their house was photographed. I cannot believe that the AG and LE did not know that would happen when he said they were "laser focused" on that family. In other words he did it so everyone in AK would keep an eye on them, and to make sure that anyone who bought or traded a gun with them would know to be watching.

Don't forget it wasn't just the laser focus comment, but a plea for help from the public asking for anyone who bought, sold, or traded firearms, vehicles or ammo with this family.

JMO

I agree with both of you. Maybe LE isn't as concerned with the safety of the suspect family as they are with securing enough evidence to arrest them. If the W's are in danger, it's a consequence of their own actions.

At the same time, the family is also putting the innocent children in harm's way. State of OH doesn't appear to have a lot of options here.

Then again, the strategy could be something else altogether.

JMO

BBM

JMO

They may not be in danger in AK, they may not have even been in immediate danger in Ohio. For example, since we have been told that they were growing weed; Let say you're in a high end grow op, and your family, worked for the same head honcho, as your grandchild's, maternal family. You wake up one morning to the news that your grandchild's entire maternal family has been murdered, execution style, during the night, and you live less than :15 minutes away. I'm sellin' the farm and headin' out of dodge. Even if I have no business ties to anyone, I'd likely move, if I were financially capable.

I guess what I've wondered is, did the murders serve two purposes? Punishment, by way of murder, to the Rs & HHG, and a message to others? Maybe the Ws got the message.

It's not very high on my list of theories, but, sometimes, things have more than one meaning.

When the W's fled to Alaska, did they leave the Grandma and Grandpa W. behind at their big farm? And Grandpa W has passed on? Does that leave Grandma W alone at the farm?

Good questions. It seems the grandma is still living at the farm, but there's no way to know for certain. IIRC from their Web site it looked like there were other family members or employees who lived/worked there.

As of this year they are still selling horses

Friesian Cross Button Page

Last edited:
They may not be in danger in AK, they may not have even been in immediate danger in Ohio. For example, since we have been told that they were growing weed; Let say you're in a high end grow op, and your family, worked for the same head honcho, as your grandchild's, maternal family. You wake up one morning to the news that your grandchild's entire maternal family has been murdered, execution style, during the night, and you live less than :15 minutes away. I'm sellin' the farm and headin' out of dodge. Even if I have no business ties to anyone, I'd likely move, if I were financially capable.

I guess what I've wondered is, did the murders serve two purposes? Punishment, by way of murder, to the Rs & HHG, and a message to others? Maybe the Ws got the message.

It's not very high on my list of theories, but, sometimes, things have more than one meaning.
I’ve thought about this a lot and I’m not sure what I would do. If my child or grandchild lost their entire immediate family by way of a mass murder and the only thing that child had left was me and my immediate small family, yet the child still had a half sibling who also lost the same mother and 2 young first cousins, I’m not sure I would move that far away.

I’m thinking of the situation from my perspective, so of course it’s biased because I only know myself. However, because LE didn’t put S in protective custody, that makes me believe the W’s were thought to be safe. Would I move? I would. I’d move to a new house within a short of enough drive to allow weekend trips back to my child’s hometown and lunches/dinners/play dates half way between the two locations so my daughter could have a sibling bond with her sister and the bond with her cousins. And nobody would know where I moved to-not a soul.

I guess I just don’t feel like moving to Alaska solved anything that couldn’t have been solved by moving somewhere much closer. I also see it as a way to keep B away from his mother. So now not only does S never get to know her sister or her cousins, B doesn’t even get his mommy.

It doesn’t help matters that Alaska is known to be a refuge for people who want to start over and get away from problems they had in the lower 48. Don’t get me wrong, I’d live there if I could. Well I think I would, but I’ve never been there to know if I’d like it. And I’m not judging Alaska or its residents by a whole by saying it’s known for people wanting to start over. There are a lot of great people there, I’m sure of it. IMO, the people of Alaska who are great folks does not include the Wagner’s. They’re part of those ones who go there to escape...JMO

ETA—that doesn’t mean I think they’re the ones behind this crime. I just get bad vibes from them in general.

Last edited:

BBM

Did you mean the R's were growing weed? I don't think it was ever said that the W's were.

I do not think the W's were growing weed, or even in the business of selling it. They may have been in the harder drugs, especially in view of the arrests on W's property.

JMO

BBM

Did you mean the R's were growing weed? I don't think it was ever said that the W's were.

I do not think the W's were growing weed, or even in the business of selling it. They may have been in the harder drugs, especially in view of the arrests on W's property.

JMO
What arrests on W property?

I’ve thought about this a lot and I’m not sure what I would do. If my child or grandchild lost their entire immediate family by way of a mass murder and the only thing that child had left was me and my immediate small family, yet the child still had a half sibling who also lost the same mother and 2 young first cousins, I’m not sure I would move that far away.

I’m thinking of the situation from my perspective, so of course it’s biased because I only know myself. However, because LE didn’t put S in protective custody, that makes me believe the W’s were thought to be safe. Would I move? I would. I’d move to a new house within a short of enough drive to allow weekend trips back to my child’s hometown and lunches/dinners/play dates half way between the two locations so my daughter could have a sibling bond with her sister and the bond with her cousins. And nobody would know where I moved to-not a soul.

I guess I just don’t feel like moving to Alaska solved anything that couldn’t have been solved by moving somewhere much closer. I also see it as a way to keep B away from his mother. So now not only does S never get to know her sister or her cousins, B doesn’t even get his mommy.

It doesn’t help matters that Alaska is known to be a refuge for people who want to start over and get away from problems they had in the lower 48. Don’t get me wrong, I’d live there if I could. Well I think I would, but I’ve never been there to know if I’d like it. And I’m not judging Alaska or its residents by a whole by saying it’s known for people wanting to start over. There are a lot of great people there, I’m sure of it. IMO, the people of Alaska who are great folks does not include the Wagner’s. They’re part of those ones who go there to escape...JMO

ETA—that doesn’t mean I think they’re the ones behind this crime. I just get bad vibes from them in general.

It doesn't seem, that they are nice people, but it's not uncommon for people to pull up stakes, and move far away. Some of my kin was scattered about, and we only saw each other every couple years, or so, growing up. I never thought much about it, as a child, they just didn't live here, but we had great fun when we did get to see each other. I see them more now than I ever did as a child, as they've come back here, as adults.

How would one even set up play dates in this situation? Would the other custodial parents even want to participate? No one seems to know, for a fact, who murdered these folks, who could have provided info, distractions, etc... I don't mean this to sound harsh, but, I'd not be sending my kid to play at anyone's house, around there, nor setting up play dates in the park, if they had any ties to the folks who were murdered, until this whole thing was over.

At the end of the day, if I were wanting to disappear, I'd not have made my upcoming move public, by leaving digital footprints all over the internet, (as the Ws did), and I'd not have moved to AK (mostly because I have no desire to live there). If they truly wanted to disappear, they don't know how to do it very well, because we all know where they are, that they are working, and that JW is planning to marry soon.

If LE wants them, the Alaska Marshalls will probably find them.

BBM

JMO

No, I was merely using that as an example since we were told by LE that the Rs were growing weed. A "what if" scenario.

Let say that family X is into <insert illegal drug/scheme of your choice>. They're packing away money for a rainy day goal they have in mind. Family Y may not be doing the exact same thing as family X, but, is somehow tied into the same business, and same higher ups.

Family Y wakes up to see that family X, is murdered, over the illegal endeavour. If I'm family Y, I am headin' out of dodge as fast, and as far, as I can get.

It doesn't seem, that they are nice people, but it's not uncommon for people to pull up stakes, and move far away. Some of my kin was scattered about, and we only saw each other every couple years, or so, growing up. I never thought much about it, as a child, they just didn't live here, but we had great fun when we did get to see each other. I see them more now than I ever did as a child, as they've come back here, as adults.

How would one even set up play dates in this situation? Would the other custodial parents even want to participate? No one seems to know, for a fact, who murdered these folks, who could have provided info, distractions, etc... I don't mean this to sound harsh, but, I'd not be sending my kid to play at anyone's house, around there, nor setting up play dates in the park, if they had any ties to the folks who were murdered, until this whole thing was over.

At the end of the day, if I were wanting to disappear, I'd not have made my upcoming move public, by leaving digital footprints all over the internet, (as the Ws did), and I'd not have moved to AK (mostly because I have no desire to live there). If they truly wanted to disappear, they don't know how to do it very well, because we all know where they are, that they are working, and that JW is planning to marry soon.

I totally understand what you’re saying but I’d have to guess that your family packed up and moved but they weren’t labeled as a laser focus of 8 people being murdered. I have family all over the country as well, none of them just up and took off during a murder investigation.

In regards to play dates, I wasn’t saying meet at someone’s home. I offered they could meet halfway and that’s even something they could have arranged with the courts, had JW truly meant his words when he said he would make sure S knew her sister.

When they moved, I don’t think they expected to be called out in the fashion that they were. Had they not been labeled by Dewine in the way that they were with their photos blasted all over the media, we wouldn’t even be able to discuss them as openly as we do. No matter why they moved, their plan backfired on them. I also see them as being very arrogant in their actions. The way they left a digital footprint and posted so many public posts on sm, just shows me something other than not trying to hide something. That’s just my thoughts though.

Also, we don’t know they could have moved out of the country. If they have OH enhanced drivers licenses, that’s all they needed to cross into Canada. And for the children all they needed were birth certificates and custody papers. Doesn’t AW & GW3 have old convictions that were pretty serious? If they do, that right there would stop those two from being allowed a passport.

I have a feeling they don't realize just how social media works, just like a lot of folks don't. Including a lot of folks related to and friends with the Rhodens and lots of people I know. For some reason people don't seem to grasp that all your friends and their friends, and theirs and on down the line can see everything you post unless you set up non public. I've noticed a lot of them have multiple accounts because they forget their passwords, get new phones, etc. and don't realize you can use the same account you had. Whoever did this also didn't realize this case would get the attention it got. Which makes me appreciate Websleuths all the more. If not for us here, this case would have been shoved under the rug. I have to have faith that whoever did this, did something stupid even with all they did to cover their tracks and that this will be prosecuted. I can't wait for that day as this case is always with me for some reason. I can't imagine how the family feel. I would want to get as far away as possible. I certainly would want out of Ohio, no matter what, that state is a hot mess.

I totally understand what you’re saying but I’d have to guess that your family packed up and moved but they weren’t labeled as a laser focus of 8 people being murdered. I have family all over the country as well, none of them just up and took off during a murder investigation.

In regards to play dates, I wasn’t saying meet at someone’s home. I offered they could meet halfway and that’s even something they could have arranged with the courts, had JW truly meant his words when he said he would make sure S knew her sister.

When they moved, I don’t think they expected to be called out in the fashion that they were. Had they not been labeled by Dewine in the way that they were with their photos blasted all over the media, we wouldn’t even be able to discuss them as openly as we do. No matter why they moved, their plan backfired on them. I also see them as being very arrogant in their actions. The way they left a digital footprint and posted so many public posts on sm, just shows me something other than not trying to hide something. That’s just my thoughts though.

Also, we don’t know they could have moved out of the country. If they have OH enhanced drivers licenses, that’s all they needed to cross into Canada. And for the children all they needed were birth certificates and custody papers. Doesn’t AW & GW3 have old convictions that were pretty serious? If they do, that right there would stop those two from being allowed a passport.

Unless LE has something on them, to make them stay in the state of Ohio, they are free to move. You can get passports, with a record. Well, maybe not if you have felonies related to human trafficking, or moving drugs across borders, then that might cause you to not get approval, and, at the time of their move, the enhanced, Ohio, driver's license, were not yet available. If Kentucky doesn't get on the ball, with the new IDs, Kentuckians won't be able to fly, come October...

Dewine never called them out until they were already in Alaska. Why? I think that someone in lock-up, dropped them a tip (not always reliable, but worth the shot), and they went out, thinking, This is it!, but they didn't find anything. So, Dewine does his laser focus bit, yet still, will not call them a suspect, nor poi, and obviously netted nothing that will allow them to arrest a single one of them.

As for moving to AK, it would be like me moving to Colorado. I have a friend out there, from here, who has said more than once, Make the move! I love Colorado, but I love here better. However, if eight of my three year old child's, paternal family members, were murdered, execution style, down the road, all in one night, I might very well decide it was time to make the move, from my much beloved, home state.

I have a feeling they don't realize just how social media works, just like a lot of folks don't. Including a lot of folks related to and friends with the Rhodens and lots of people I know. For some reason people don't seem to grasp that all your friends and their friends, and theirs and on down the line can see everything you post unless you set up non public. I've noticed a lot of them have multiple accounts because they forget their passwords, get new phones, etc. and don't realize you can use the same account you had. Whoever did this also didn't realize this case would get the attention it got. Which makes me appreciate Websleuths all the more. If not for us here, this case would have been shoved under the rug. I have to have faith that whoever did this, did something stupid even with all they did to cover their tracks and that this will be prosecuted. I can't wait for that day as this case is always with me for some reason. I can't imagine how the family feel. I would want to get as far away as possible. I certainly would want out of Ohio, no matter what, that state is a hot mess.

I don't think the Ws are internet nor tech savvy either. However, I would hope that BCI would have someone watching those FB Trading threads, and their profiles on FB, while they were wide open to the world.

Some of the dup profiles you see may be from folks being hacked, and another profile is created, after which, your friends will get friend requests from the "new" you, and, boom, a whole new profile is made. If you have a friend who realizes what is happening, when they get the request, many times they'll ask if you've re-friended them, or is it a hack? If so, you can stop it pretty quick, and re-secure your account. Then again, I know some folks with four or five profiles. All totally different, but, they aren't hiding their identity, it's just for different types of interests that they have.

Unless LE has something on them, to make them stay in the state of Ohio, they are free to move. You can get passports, with a record. Well, maybe not if you have felonies related to human trafficking, or moving drugs across borders, then that might cause you to not get approval, and, at the time of their move, the enhanced, Ohio, driver's license, were not yet available. If Kentucky doesn't get on the ball, with the new IDs, Kentuckians won't be able to fly, come October...

Dewine never called them out until they were already in Alaska. Why? I think that someone in lock-up, dropped them a tip (not always reliable, but worth the shot), and they went out, thinking, This is it!, but they didn't find anything. So, Dewine does his laser focus bit, yet still, will not call them a suspect, nor poi, and obviously netted nothing that will allow them to arrest a single one of them.

As for moving to AK, it would be like me moving to Colorado. I have a friend out there, from here, who has said more than once, Make the move! I love Colorado, but I love here better. However, if eight of my three year old child's, paternal family members, were murdered, execution style, down the road, all in one night, I might very well decide it was time to make the move, from my much beloved, home state.

Someone in lockup saying something as soon as they left makes sense. They did have Corrections Officers there in their search of the W property. I'll have to look back at the pics, I don't recall seeing a prisoner actually there during the search though. Or maybe they were just using them for the manpower.

Someone in lockup saying something as soon as they left makes sense. They did have Corrections Officers there in their search of the W property. I'll have to look back at the pics, I don't recall seeing a prisoner actually there during the search though. Or maybe they were just using them for the manpower.

More than likely, the prisoner never left the vehicle. If they took him out of the vehicle and he somehow escaped? Talk about embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog