UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, they could have driven the tipster down onto the farms, to show them just exactly where they were pointing them toward. Look at JMs jumpsuit in county, if they use that color, they aren't going to exactly stand out either. There's a good chance though, that they'd not want that person's face seen, if they took the tip to be that credible.

Then again, they could have driven the tipster down onto the farms, to show them just exactly where they were pointing them toward. Look at JMs jumpsuit in county, if they use that color, they aren't going to exactly stand out either. There's a good chance though, that they'd not want that person's face seen, if they took the tip to be that credible.

There was a lot of discussion here about this that day. Everyone was peering through the news video to see if there was a prisoner in attendance, but none were spotted.

We were assuming it was a result of a prisoner being present or DeWine having to dip into the labor pool at the prison to supplement his search team. Recall, there were no federal agents present. He also brought in searchers from the Franklin County Sheriff's office.

Recall, also that DeWine made up a fake reason for the raids. The FCSO accidentally said it was to execute search warrants, then later corrected himself. Will have to go back and recheck.

Thinking, again. I've lived in, and worked throughout, this region my entire life. I'm at a point, where I think the only way they'll solve this, is if someone with a loose connection, gets busted for something with a harsh penalty. They panic at the thought of doing time, so they decide to roll. I guess someone could get drunk and grow a conscience... but I've seen folks pull time for charges they could have gotten out of, if they'd rolled on someone up the chain, but they won't. We're talking years, plural, over their heads. They will not rat. Then, you have the dudes who can't wrap their mind around doing three months so they freak out, and burn their dealer. It's the latter guy who will probably break the case.

If it's family? Families can, and will, hold secrets for generations.

That is a question that I've wanted a specific answer to, since about Day 2.

I had thought it had be quite a while the way GR's father talked in that interview. He talked about CRsr getting GR clean and holding some of his pay. That sounds like more than what was said on a social media site where I read three weeks and just a few weeks.

The comment was made that DR was living in FR's and HHG's trailer and they were living with CRsr. before she moved into the
new place. It was asked where GR was staying then. The reply was that he had only been living there three weeks before the murders.

I had thought it had be quite a while the way GR's father talked in that interview. He talked about CRsr getting GR clean and holding some of his pay. That sounds like more than what was said on a social media site where I read three weeks and just a few weeks.

The comment was made that DR was living in FR's and HHG's trailer and they were living with CRsr. before she moved into the
new place. It was asked where GR was staying then. The reply was that he had only been living there three weeks before the murders.

There's a couple different theories about GR, floating around about how long he was there, what he was there for, when he got there, and why. Greenup is so close, barely an hour away. He could have crashed with CR1 for 2-3 weeks, went home to Ky. here and there, crashed on a friend's couch, and most of his family would never knew he was even in town.

GR's mother's response...

Last night, GR’s mother spoke from her home in Greenup, Kentucky, just across the riverfrom Ohio. The Dispatch is not using her name because she’s fearful that family members could stillbe targeted.

“It’s an awful thing to happen, I’ll tell you,” she said. G, she said, had gone to stay withhis nephew, which he did from time to time because they were so close in age.

They had talked, she said, on Wednesday. “I told him that I loved him,” she said.

Of the reports of a marijuana operation, she said, “I can’t believe that. That’s just hard tobelieve. But you know, things happen.”

Piketon homes where family died had pot-growing operations, officials say

GR's Stepmother:

Their cousin, G, had been living and working alongside CR1 for several months. CR1 had worked to get G off of drugs and alcohol and had helped him repeatedly to stay clean and sober, said Gary’s stepmother, RR.

“CR1 got him off of all that stuff,” she said, adding that Gary often worked with CR1 at Big Bear Lake.

That meant that paydays would come and CR1 would hold back most of G’s pay to ensure he wouldn’t spend it on drugs. Instead of giving him the money, he would go shopping or run errands with his cousin.

“He was really, really good to G,” she said.

The two had worked together at the lake, putting on some finishing touches on a wooden playground near the entrance of the camping area.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

Maybe I’m naive in thinking this, but I really struggle with knowing that people aren’t talking. Someone(s) knows who did this. Someone(s) knows why this happened. Someone(s) knows details, maybe not all the details, but some, of what transpired on April 22, 2016 between 12:43 am and 5:30 a.m.

I can’t wrap my head around why they wouldn’t talk. If what they have to say will lead to arrest(s) and ultimately convictions, doesn’t that mean there’s nothing to be scared of? The guilty person(s) go to jail forever.

So that leads me to 2 possible conclusions.

1- only the guilty person(s) know and their loyalty to themselves or each other runs DEEP.

2-the guilty person(s) has much higher ups that would make sure that whoever talked was the next victim, even while the guilty sat in prison forever.

And I still cannot not rule out the Greenup to Detroit pipeline when it comes to GR. But I don’t know and haven’t been able to figure out how JM or the W’s play into that possibility.

I have a new theory on KR only being shot once and it hypothetically goes a little something like this....

KR, working in CBus, could have hypothetically worked with a side kick. I think it would be fair to hypothetically say that KR and his sidekick would often carpool, as it was a long drive and would make it easier on both of them.

Let’s say that the week of the murders, it was the sidekicks turn to drive. Because KR had to be to work so early in the morning, it would have been dark out still when the carpool friend arrived to pick KR up for work.

What if the person who shot KR was still in the camper when the ride to work arrived? Could that explain the one shot? KR would have been shot before his ride arrived, but maybe the killer didn’t have time to repeatedly shoot him, like the rest of the victims. Shooter gets freaked out when a vehicle pulls onto the property and as soon as that vehicle leaves, the shooter is out of there.

Except, where was the shooters tranportation to leave? Certainly the person picking KR up would have seen an unknown vehicle had there been one there when he pulled in.

It’s all just a thought. And of course, it’s all hypothetical.

Maybe I’m naive in thinking this, but I really struggle with knowing that people aren’t talking. Someone(s) knows who did this. Someone(s) knows why this happened. Someone(s) knows details, maybe not all the details, but some, of what transpired on April 22, 2016 between 12:43 am and 5:30 a.m.

I can’t wrap my head around why they wouldn’t talk. If what they have to say will lead to arrest(s) and ultimately convictions, doesn’t that mean there’s nothing to be scared of? The guilty person(s) go to jail forever.

1- only the guilty person(s) know and their loyalty to themselves or each other runs DEEP.

2-the guilty person(s) has much higher ups that would make sure that whoever talked was the next victim, even while the guilty sat in prison forever.

And I still cannot not rule out the Greenup to Detroit pipeline when it comes to GR. But I don’t know and haven’t been able to figure out how JM or the W’s play into that possibility.

BBM
Just because they tell what they know, doesn't mean there will be an immediate arrest, a high bond, or someone who won't post the bond, or a speedy trial and certain conviction.

That's the fly in the ointment.

Last edited:

The fact that there has been absolutely no leaks is beyond belief. Think of the number of people that were at the murder scenes that morning. All the ambulance drivers, coroners and assistants, Sheriff Deputies, BCI employees, etc., and not one has leaked a word.

If it would turn out to be true that GR was only there a few weeks, he may have been on the run. He may have been tracked down and he and anyone that he may have talked to eliminated to end any threat to the "business". Just another possibility of the seemingly endless list of possibilities....

The fact that there has been absolutely no leaks is beyond belief. Think of the number of people that were at the murder scenes that morning. All the ambulance drivers, coroners and assistants, Sheriff Deputies, BCI employees, etc., and not one has leaked a word.

If it would turn out to be true that GR was only there a few weeks, he may have been on the run. He may have been tracked down and he and anyone that he may have talked to eliminated to end any threat to the "business". Just another possibility of the seemingly endless list of possibilities....

I've wondered the same. Maybe the Rs didn't realize what GR was up against and made some sort of threat. Rhoden Strong. If you get into the game, they'll kill you if you short them, if you try to pull out, if you become a liability in any way, they will kill you, or they may just burn down your mother's house, if they're feeling generous, and just want to get their point across.

I probably need to leave this case.

I've wondered the same. Maybe the Rs didn't realize what GR was up against and made some sort of threat. Rhoden Strong. If you get into the game, they'll kill you if you short them, if you try to pull out, if you become a liability in any way, they will kill you, or they may just burn down your mother's house, if they're feeling generous, and just want to get their point across.

This case is like driving by a bad car accident. You can't help but to look even though you know you shouldn't look because you won't like what you see...

I have often thought that the 30k CR1 paid on DR's new home may have been someone else's money. Maybe from sales of illegal drugs and whoever it belonged to may have thought CR1 was going to stiff them when he used it to buy DR's house.

Just a random thought but if that money was supposed to be given to the W's for sales and CR1 used it to get a better place so HR would not lose custody, that would have been insult to injury I think.
JMO

According to Prosecutor Junk, they seem to know who did it, but are only seeking more concrete evidence before issuing arrest warrants. Speculation here is that they're looking for the weapons used in the murders. It sounds like they've already gotten quite a bit of information from the locals.

If that's the case, the locals/family probably don't know what they did with the weapons. The only people who know that are the killers themselves. As experienced and professional as the killers appear to LE and others, they likely made sure very few people know what happened to those weapons. Only those who were present at the killings that night, and possibly not all of them.

Obviously, some locals gave some suggestions about where to look, that's why LE searched the W farms and a few other places. But I don't think the locals/family know any more than they've already told to LE and the GJ.

The killers are out there, but they're not family and they're probably not living in Pike County or anywhere close by.

I think they're all under gag orders from the judge overseeing the GJ hearings, the prosecutors and LE. I'm sure they all know that talking will mess up the murder cases. Can't say I blame them at this point.

I have often thought that the 30k CR1 paid on DR's new home may have been someone else's money. Maybe from sales of illegal drugs and whoever it belonged to may have thought CR1 was going to stiff them when he used it to buy DR's house.

Just a random thought but if that money was supposed to be given to the W's for sales and CR1 used it to get a better place so HR would not lose custody, that would have been insult to injury I think.
JMO

I can't say that the Rs or the Ws were dealing hard drugs. We truly do not know. In the end, this case could very well be solely about custody. If turns out to be over custody of S., then that will be worse, imo, than it being about drug deals gone south. Just look at the fall out, only because one parent, didn't want to take the other parent, to family court, and make their case. (ETA; Not that I'm minimizing whatever happened, but if it's custody, then I think about S., growing up, and one day finding out everything that brought the families to this point.)

However, I've wondered about that $30k too, it looks "off" to me, along with a few other things. Maybe it's just my un-trusting nature though. If it is drugs, and CR1 didn't repay someone who fronted him, he could very well have brought something down on them.

Last edited:
However, I've wondered about that $30k too, it looks "off" to me, along with a few other things. Maybe it's just my un-trusting nature though. If it is drugs, and CR1 didn't repay someone who fronted him, he could very well have brought something down on them.

RSBM
This seems feasible to me. I recently listened to several episodes of the Vanished Podcast about a missing man named Amos Mortier. He was involved in fairly large quantity MJ distribution, and his friends mentioned how common it was for him to get ripped off. Say someone was stalling on a payment back to their source saying the stash was stolen, then dropped $30k on a house for the benefit of their family. Still seems excessive to result in 8 murders, but who knows.

According to Prosecutor Junk, they seem to know who did it, but are only seeking more concrete evidence before issuing arrest warrants. Speculation here is that they're looking for the weapons used in the murders. It sounds like they've already gotten quite a bit of information from the locals.

If that's the case, the locals/family probably don't know what they did with the weapons. The only people who know that are the killers themselves. As experienced and professional as the killers appear to LE and others, they likely made sure very few people know what happened to those weapons. Only those who were present at the killings that night, and possibly not all of them.

Obviously, some locals gave some suggestions about where to look, that's why LE searched the W farms and a few other places. But I don't think the locals/family know any more than they've already told to LE and the GJ.

The killers are out there, but they're not family and they're probably not living in Pike County or anywhere close by.
I don’t believe the killers are family of the victims. I believe the killers have a deep loyalty to each other. A deep loyalty to one another isn’t something just created over murdering 8 people. This loyalty to one another was in place long before the murders. Who it is, I don’t know. It could be business loyalty. People involved in some really shady stuff that are loyal to one another over a common purpose. Or it could be people who are related to one another that have a deep loyalty to each other.

I do tend to believe there was no more than 2 killers that night. And that’s just my instincts and gut feeling. That doesn’t mean more people weren’t involved in the greater plan. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog