UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRsr = 9
DR = 5 to head and neck - see autopsy
HHG = 5
GR = 3
KR = 1 shot in eye
23 of 32 total shots

Each below were shot at least twice, (autopsy says "multiple" gunshot wounds to head), so that's leaving three shots, unaccounted for;
HR = 2

FR = 2

CRjr = at least 2

Hmmmmm. (I really miss our old emojis)

Edit:
I think DR was in bed. Head and neck. That sounds like the side of her face and neck. I remember BJM saying that HHG was curled on her right side, in the fetal position. She'd have been shot in the head and neck too, I'd guess.
BJM about HHG on side:
Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

Didn't JM say he saw DR's legs from the front door? I took that to mean she was probably in a hallway or the doorway of a room.

Glad you went into detail on it. Makes sense. I didn’t know about trail cams or a possible fight. I knew about custody. I’m from Alaska right where these people moved. Scary.

What is even scarier to me is JW is engaged to be married to some girl in AK. If I was her mother I would take her along with my entire family and move to Mexico. Or to the Australian Outback.

JMO

I like the theory. In the end custody isn’t an issue. And the rage from fight has been avenged.

BBM

Especially since that fight was rumored to include a good old fashioned can of whup azz given to GW by CR1. It has been rumored that it ended with GW getting a pretty severe beating. Add that up with JW's rage over the new baby with CG (HHG's brother) and the new boyfriend and her refusal to come back to him (per JW) and you have a lot of motive in this one family. No wonder LE has a "laser focus" on them. I am hoping the good people of AK does too.

JMO

BBM

Especially since that fight was rumored to include a good old fashioned can of whup azz given to GW by CR1. It has been rumored that it ended with GW getting a pretty severe beating. Add that up with JW's rage over the new baby with CG (HHG's brother) and the new boyfriend and her refusal to come back to him (per JW) and you have a lot of motive in this one family. No wonder LE has a "laser focus" on them. I am hoping the good people of AK does too.

JMO

All that may be why they "laser focused" on the Ws but apparently not enough was found to convict, or , enough was found to eliminate them as the perps.....

Didn't JM say he saw DR's legs from the front door? I took that to mean she was probably in a hallway or the doorway of a room.

I have heard that from early on but if it is in MSM, I cannot find it anywhere. Maybe someone else can find it. The way it reads, it doesn't state that she was on the floor, or in a certain room. I'm not sure how her trailer was set up. If the master was on one end, he could very well have walked into the trailer, seen her in her room, (or lying on a couch), and backed out.

I've seen this, in the media:

Bobby Jo discovered Chris Sr., Gary, Frankie and Gilley. Her older brother, James Manley, found his sister before he backed out of the trailer, where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden were, family members said.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Ain't got no revenge in our hearts,' Pike Co. family says

and I've seen this:

Manley said she thinks one of the people in her car may have followed her into one of the trailers, but she's not sure which one or what they saw. She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, James Manley, came to find their sister Dana Rhoden dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

I have heard that from early on but if it is in MSM, I cannot find it anywhere. Maybe someone else can find it. The way it reads, it doesn't state that she was on the floor, or in a certain room. I'm not sure how her trailer was set up. If the master was on one end, he could very well have walked into the trailer, seen her in her room, (or lying on a couch), and backed out.

and I've seen this:

I think it was in the one where AM said JM opened the door and saw his sister's legs and backed out because he didn't want to see his niece "like that" (per AM).

and I've seen this:

That's all I've ever seen about JM discovering his sister. I've not put much stock in the story that he saw her legs, I think it was rumor that surfaced not too long afterwards. May or may not be true.

Either way, he saw and heard things that made him realize what had happened. Not that it would be difficult to draw that conclusion, as BJM had probably already told JM and/or LM what she found when she called them after calling 911.

Not a lot of time transpired between her calling 911, calling her family, JM getting over to DR's and then going out to the driveway to flag down one of the patrol cars.

BBM

JMO

I don't see this as being something they threw together in a couple days, especially if GW3 was beaten as badly as it is rumored that he was. He's not a spring chicken anymore. A beating is not something you jump back from the next day at his age, nor CR1's age, even if he did get the better of GW3. The third day after is usually the worst, too. I don't see the rage over the new baby either. JW was the one allowed to come to the hospital. I don't think that CG did, nor do I recall CH in any photos.

That's all I've ever seen about JM discovering his sister. I've not put much stock in the story that he saw her legs, I think it was rumor that surfaced not too long afterwards. May or may not be true.

Either way, he saw and heard things that made him realize what had happened. Not that it would be difficult to draw that conclusion, as BJM had probably already told JM and/or LM what she found when she called them after calling 911.

Not a lot of time transpired between her calling 911, calling her family, JM getting over to DR's and then going out to the driveway to flag down one of the patrol cars.

This is what LM told the press on April 25, 2016.

Manley said the discovery of the bodies was first made by his daughter.

“She went in and found my grandson and his girlfriend dead [and] went down and found my brother-in-law and son-in-law and his cousin dead,” he said. “She came out and got me, then I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them,” he said.

Pike Co. murder victim's father: those responsible knew family

I've not seen where they said who flagged LE down. I always took this to mean that they , flagged LE down, and pointed them to FR's residence. BJM's friends never wanted their names publicized so I felt it was them, and BJM said
"she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, JM, came to find their sister DR dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road."

They were first called to 4077 Union Hill Road at 7:51 a.m., according to the report, but were flagged down at a neighboring residence by a person saying there were two bodies there.

Authorities keep tight lid on Pike County murder probe

I'm not sure if I responded to the correct post, but, it's already out here now. :confused:

I think it was in the one where AM said JM opened the door and saw his sister's legs and backed out because he didn't want to see his niece "like that" (per AM).

This is all I've found of AM's interview (believe me I've looked for more);

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

Perhaps inthis case the most simplistic is correct.

If JW was angry over HR and her new baby AND there had been custody issue as in you’ve got one baby you don’t need mine. Plus mix up some question about paternity of the 4 day old. I might be able to see my way through a back hills Justice.

Add the fight CR and GW supposedly had. That adds to it.

But I think the plan had to be pretty sophisticated and in the pipeline for a very long time. Maybe it was paper ready and waiting for just the correct time.

Sorry for the o/t post, this is related to Violet Rhoden Taylor. When I went to listen to the 911 call, the video/audio has been pulled from all sources. It only shows a picture, no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it anywhere! Seems pretty suspicious, but so does everything else that goes on in & around Pike County especially in regards to any of the Rhoden family.:eek:o_O

This is what LM told the press on April 25, 2016.

Pike Co. murder victim's father: those responsible knew family

I've not seen where they said who flagged LE down. I always took this to mean that they , flagged LE down, and pointed them to FR's residence. BJM's friends never wanted their names publicized so I felt it was them, and BJM said

Authorities keep tight lid on Pike County murder probe

I'm not sure if I responded to the correct post, but, it's already out here now. :confused:

Yes, IIRC that reference was to JM flagging them down. There's a link to a quote back in the timeline. I'm pretty sure it names the officer who stopped at DR's house.

8:12 am: Deputy Music, Deputy Ball, and Major Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] (later revealed it was James Manley) who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

From <OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5>

Check also the WSAZ link above. It states Sheriff Reader told them they were going to one scene when someone flagged them down and told them about the other.

Last edited:
Sorry for the o/t post, this is related to Violet Rhoden Taylor. When I went to listen to the 911 call, the video/audio has been pulled from all sources. It only shows a picture, no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it anywhere! Seems pretty suspicious, but so does everything else that goes on in & around Pike County especially in regards to any of the Rhoden family.:eek:o_O

I only heard the audio of the 911 call at the Chilli Gazette link. What video (now missing) was with the audio of that call?

"911 call for Violet Rhoden Taylor"

I listened to it here (I have a download of it too):
"911 call for Violet Rhoden Taylor"

Yes, IIRC that reference was to JM flagging them down. There's a link to a quote back in the timeline. I'm pretty sure it names the officer who stopped at DR's house.

Check also the WSAZ link above. It states Sheriff Reader told them they were going to one scene when someone flagged them down and told them about the other.

We were all wrong.

Family flagged them down, and it was at the 4077 address, but it was BJM who flagged them down. I even have a pic of the report, with "A subject", and the blacked out name, that I saved. I can upload it if allowed.

The original official report has now been released and the narrative speaks of a grizzly scene that greeted deputies when they arrived April 22 at 7:51 a.m.

“I, deputy Morgan Music and Deputy (Jonathan) Chandler were dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in reference to a call stating that there were two possibly dead subjects in a residence. Deputy Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple people down at multiple residences. Myself, deputy ( ) Ball and Major ( ) Evans all arrived on scene at 08:12 a.m.”

At this point, the name BJM is redacted and penciled in has “A subject.”

“A subject approached us and stated, ‘There are two more dead people here,’ pointing to the residence at 4077 Union Hill,” Music said. “Deputy Ball and I approached that home and I observed that the front door was open …

“Upon entering the home I noted a large amount of blood on the living room floor. The home was found to be unoccupied, except for the two deceased males in the back bedroom.”

The report goes on to say both male subjects were lying in close proximity to each other and were obviously deceased.

“After checking the home for any other injured persons and finding none, deputy Ball and I exited the home and I secured the scene at 4077 Union Hill Road,” Music said. “Major Evans was notified of what I had located in the home and I was advised to stay at the scene until relieved.”

DeWine, Reader update murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

Edit: Did they ever release the other incident reports for the other locations? By law, I believe that they have to do so, if requested. I don't remember seeing any others, but I may have forgotten.

Last edited:
We were all wrong.

Family flagged them down, and it was at the 4077 address, but it was BJM who flagged them down. I even have a pic of the report, with "A subject", and the blacked out name, that I saved. I can upload it if allowed.

DeWine, Reader update murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

Edit: Did they ever release the other incident reports for the other locations? By law, I believe that they have to do so, if requested. I don't remember seeing any others, but I may have forgotten.
I think there was something said about the other incident reports along the lines of “we only have/completed the one incident report” I’ll have to dig for where I read that at but IIRC, it was within an article in the early months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member