OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- this has already been discussed to but wth- so the 8th victim was found by a cousin Donald stone ? And the 8th victim is kenny Rhoden? And there was money strewn over the bottom half of his body? And according to the article, kenny had one bullet hole wound to head ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with the cost of derby cars but my husband has a dirt track car and most people would be floored by how expensive it is. People spend thousands upon thousands of dollars a season. It's insanely expensive.

Dirt track cars are different though. Demo derby cars are used to be smashed up - dirt track cars quite the opposite. People don't even put good motors into demo derby cars according to the person I spoke with who connected me to the other demo derby peeps. They just hope to run through whichever county fair they're headed to, from what I understood.

This cash strewn on the dead body sounds very 'gangster'. I'm curious what we all know about why law enforcement pulled over and interviewed Isaiah Jones. I saw an article in which he was being interviewed in which he swears he's innocent but admits at the end of the interview that he thinks he's still considered a suspect. When looking into his background a bit it seems he is from Baltimore but now lives in Waverly. He says he has an iron clad alibi of being at work during the times of the shootings. Apparently some racist words were exchanged between him and a member of the Rhoden family (use of the N word, etc) <modsnip> Isaiah also gave DNA and had his home searched. LE must have some substantial reason to do that and it might be more than just a threat on Facebook. Also has several kids out of wedlock for what it's worth. Of course all of this could be completely wrong as well...just a theory worth thinking about. But what I am curious about is who in the Rhoden family witnessed this altercation/insult/threat between Isaiah Jones and them? Was it everyone killed?

Here's the link: http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

I think IJ is probably telling the truth. He seemed credible to me, at least.

And, if he had recently threatened Chris Jr in public and then went on to kill him and his entire family, I think he would probably get out of dodge quickly and doubt he would agree to talk about his interrogation on TV. Then again, people do stupid stuff sometimes.

I still think it's unlikely though.

I think if this was a planned home invasion burglary they killed Chris and Gary first as the main targets, and why it was so bad in that trailer, then Frankie's, they fought back and probably got the most shots. Killed the rest as a cover to make it look like Kenneth did it, and then went to Kenneth's, one shot. Maybe killing the rest was an afterthought to cover killing the others. However, after we find out who was killed first that could all change.

Derby cars aren't made to be nice on the outside, it's typically the parts under the hood that are very costly.
That's my thought when someone said they LOL and it looked like it was worth $30. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I read early on that his mother brought him in right away to clear up any suspicions if LE may have had. Wouldn't the DNA gathered from the scene pretty much rule in or out whether the perp(s) were African American ?

I think that was actually a different guy... a white guy. Apparently, receiving threats was a common occurrence with this family.

Dirt track cars are different though. Demo derby cars are used to be smashed up - dirt track cars quite the opposite. People don't even put good motors into demo derby cars according to the person I spoke with who connected me to the other demo derby peeps. They just hope to run through whichever county fair they're headed to, from what I understood.

Yea definitely different. They aren't even that popular around here so hearing that he had such an expensive car is surprising to me. Like I said, dirt track racing is way more common and frequent.

UGH I wondered how long it would take to start suspecting an african American....................<modsnip> Not Mexicans, not AA's. I'll eat my laptop if I'm wrong. JMO

That is what I think. Wouldn't people usually be stirring around by 7:30? Chris Jr would be headed to school etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If my kids didn't go out to the bus ONE day, the school wouldn't have been suspicious at all. If he wasn't at school, they probably assumed he was sick. Sure, parents are supposed to call in, but it doesn't always happen, and at 16, he might have missed school frequently.

I think IJ is probably telling the truth. He seemed credible to me, at least.

And, if he had recently threatened Chris Jr in public and then went on to kill him and his entire family, I think he would probably get out of dodge quickly and doubt he would agree to talk about his interrogation on TV. Then again, people do stupid stuff sometimes.

I still think it's unlikely though.

Yeah he said he didn't even know any of the Rhoden's before that happened, much less Kenneth. The killers were some people who had dealings with the family members killed.

anybody found a copy of the report that has been released online?

Frankie had a FB post upset with family a while back, can't remember how long ago.. And there was some interesting comment from a relative on there.

Yea, one that hasn't been mentioned at all IIRC. (The relative)

My hinky meter went off the chart after reading his account of finding his cousin.

When I read his account as well as Leonards interviews, they seem more about needing to let people know that their dead loved ones were good, hard-working people. He even said his cousin paid child support to his ex as though that was unusual.

UGH I wondered how long it would take to start suspecting an african American.....................this is a hillbilly culture involved in a hillbilly crime, I'm quite sure. Not Mexicans, not AA's. I'll eat my laptop if I'm wrong. JMO
Well there was a confrontation with them and written threats made. My understanding is he went to the cops and cleared himself. I've seen it said the person they stopped that Friday night was him, but I don't know.

Suspecting this person was around from day one, it just comes back and dies down and comes back again.

Post 1069 from thread #3...

BBM.....do you have a link or any more Information on this? ( bolded statements )

if true....I can only imagine the " Mexican Cartel " theory's that will flood in ( If LE doesn't find the person/s responsible)

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...els-have-used-pike-county-pot-grows/83503020/

In 2010, an estimated 22,000-plant crop was found about 4 miles into the woods off Green Ridge and Grassy Fork roads. Two years later, another 1,200 plants were found on the other side of the county just off Hickson Road. No one was arrested either time, said Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk.

Officials said items left behind at camp sites used to guard the crops linked the operations to cartels. Cartels have been tied to similar operations elsewhere in the state, including another in 2010 where hunters tipped off officials to a camp and grow site at the Coshocton/Muskingum county line. Officials found 6,000 plants and 11 men were taken into custody.

The two marijuana operations in Pike County, valued at an estimated $23 million, are the only cases Junk recalls being related to some kind of organized crime. However, the execution-style slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family on Friday have people wondering if there hasn't been something lurking under the surface and under the noses of law enforcement.

If it is true about money scattered around one of the victims could be that the victim may have inquired about a hit on someone he had a beef with, maybe some backwoods buddy he put up to doing it and giving him a little money to handle it or maybe to inflict some kind of violence or harm without killing them. If it was something along those lines and the person couldn'tdo it or played the other side maybe heck could have went to do it and had to fess up maybe a not so smart relative or friend of victim but someway the target knows !!! Say target decides to handle him and the whole bunch or have it handled ..stay with me guys I'm trying to convey this theory.
When deed was done that amount was thrown at their feet like a smirk like here's your money back and that let's any others left alive that could possibly have known about it maybe the target wants them to know he knows and this is what happens so nobody will talk... Blood Money ... another scenario is the money was left as a retribution of sorts for the murders. I have included a link read about blood money be sure and read the next part also that you can click the arrow for more it talks about murders in sleep
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_money_(restitution)

I read early on that his mother brought him in right away to clear up any suspicions if LE may have had. Wouldn't the DNA gathered from the scene pretty much rule in or out whether the perp(s) were African American ?

But there was an article last night actually that stated he was pulled over and held at gun point, interrogated and then went voluntarily to submit a DNA sample.

Yea, one that hasn't been mentioned at all IIRC. (The relative)
Yeah the relative that used to live with them and was 500 yards from "his uncle". So were Kenny and Chris brothers?

The money found on Kenneth's body seems significant. It is mentioned in the daily mail article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html
I am not sure whether the $1000 is correct. The web address of the daily mail suggests it, but it is not
mentioned anywhere in the article. The headline of the the detroitnewstime article
http://www.detroitnewstime.com/regi...head,-reveals-man-who-found-horror-scene.html
states $1000, but I think this was taken from the web address. I think "detroitnewstime" is a less reliable source than "daily mail".
I've heard of the "detroit news" and "detroit free press" but not of "detroitnewstime". But I think the daily mail also makes errors. They satate that
there were more than 2000 plants fount at one scene. Did any other outlet confirm the number 2000? What I've read so far was 200 or so.

Oh well, what difference does a 0 make. Maybe the $1000, was $100, or $10 or $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member