OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if someone (familY pride) removed a weapon before LE arrived - I think it was Donald he had 4 hours to drive and chuck it ----get back and do his deal ................
Whoever was shot in the head once. IMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I saw parts about the plant caretaker, just not in context of the 911 call. Lots of speculation about the way she was acting, comparing her to other people calling in homicides. This has a lot more background than just a homicide. I think self preservation may have played a part in her awkwardness.

Dont remmber poster - but a much clearer version of the call was posted . Broke my heart - she did IMO say please dont hurt me.

The nine shots could have been a torture thing or rage overkill.

Could be a sadistic killer, a couple shots to wake them up, a couple more to terrorize them, a couple more to kill them. I also think it could be the last victim and they just emptied the gun.

If what we hear is her only call to 911... IMO..

"Most of them deceived by omission, rather than commission. In lieu of offering the complete truth, such as I did it, many provided rambling information, instead of concise points; confusing, rather than clear, details; and extraneous information, instead of relevant facts. These details, although, irrelevant to the dispatchers’ questions, frequently related to the criminal act. People who provide more information than necessary may be attempting to convince someone of a deceptive story, rather than simply conveying truthful information.4*In this regard, investigators must listen carefully to the complete call because the caller may have provided information that reveals vital clues to the homicide."
https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm

I am incredibly pro LE, with good reason, so this is not LE bashing but perplexed sleuthing - but one person keeps coming to mind who, it seems, would be well aware (if local LE was at all aware) of the Rhoden's interests, know how to maneuver like a professional, and has a motive - if needing a lot of money soon is indeed a possible motive. This is all speculation, but a person who fits this kind of profile would know how to commit crimes and not leave evidence. They would also have access to things like mace or pepper spray to make the dogs take off running. It could even be possible that a rogue LE person could have had designs on someone who rejected his advances and set off the fuse... Not naming anyone, but having done a bit of research, it wouldn't be the first time this kind of thing has happened,

Well there are some individual officers in the past that have been problems and it seems the previous sheriff could have allowed some problems to be swept under the rug.

There have been corrupt LE that have done a lot at times. There is always the possibility there was a very corrupt officer involved with looking the other way and making some money and was becoming a problem for the Rhodens. If that happened they could have decided the Rhodens needed to go. They could hinder the investigation and could have gotten into the houses without problems.

I think we can safely say we now know for sure that they were killed with a handgun, not a shotgun. Gary had an open casket (really?!), according to his father. And he had 3 gunshot wounds to the head. A shotgun would have obliterated his head. But he was able to have an open casket, and they were able to determine there were three entry wounds. So that means a handgun.

That will create spatter. Someone has some REALLY bloody clothes somewhere. And someone was out very early that morning. Someone local HAS TO know something. I sure hope they start talking.

A small caliber handgun or even a larger caliber with lighter loads would leave 3 small holes and not that much blood. Plenty to kill someone but keep your clothes clean, especially from across the room.

We cant foget that it took someone (S)! 32 bullets - this just does not sound like hitmen, or hunters, honestly it sounds like someone on some PCP that really lost there mind and cant aim. Heroin is space out, meth can agitate, but 32 shots sounds like PCP sorry ....................
This was the total # of times the victims were HIT, no mention of any misses. MOO

I've been following this since last Friday, shortly after the story broke locally. By Saturday morning, I was down to robbery or revenge. Sadly, here we are almost a week to the hour of the murders and I still can't rule either one out.

Where I am at this point.

I think that if it is a revenge motive, it had something to do with the chicken fighting ring. Either the Rhodens had informed on someone or had threatened to OR there was a large gambling debt owed, possibly TO the Rhodens.

OTOH robbery seems to be the simplest motive and usually the simplest explanation is often the truth.

I think Chris Sr., Kenny and possibly Gary were the main targets.

I think that at least one of the perps was at Chris Sr. and would have been seen by at least one person in the other households which explains why they would go to Dana's. They had to silence the people who could answer the question "who was at Chris Rhoden's house that evening".

I don't think that the Sheriff and the AG are lying to any great extent nor do I believe as some have suggested that we have a 'right' to know the answers to some questions. Every piece of evidence that they release to the public is a possible bit of information that the people they are interviewing should not know. If the interviewee happens to mention a certain detail that has not been released, boom, you have your perp.

Yes, we're on the same page. If I were out hunting and I heard multiple shots, I would think that 'someone was getting and early start' and I worry about idiots dumb enough to fire off bunches of shots being in the woods with me but I would never conclude that I'd just heard a murder.
I would not either until I heard about a mass murder that could have happened at that time.
Then bells would ring! MOO

I've been following this since last Friday, shortly after the story broke locally. By Saturday morning, I was down to robbery or revenge. Sadly, here we are almost a week to the hour of the murders and I still can't rule either one out.

Where I am at this point.

I think that if it is a revenge motive, it had something to do with the chicken fighting ring. Either the Rhodens had informed on someone or had threatened to OR there was a large gambling debt owed, possibly TO the Rhodens.

OTOH robbery seems to be the simplest motive and usually the simplest explanation is often the truth.

I think Chris Sr., Kenny and possibly Gary were the main targets.

I think that at least one of the perps was at Chris Sr. and would have been seen by at least one person in the other households which explains why they would go to Dana's. They had to silence the people who could answer the question "who was at Chris Rhoden's house that evening".

I don't think that the Sheriff and the AG are lying to any great extent nor do I believe as some have suggested that we have a 'right' to know the answers to some questions. Every piece of evidence that they release to the public is a possible bit of information that the people they are interviewing should not know. If the interviewee happens to mention a certain detail that has not been released, boom, you have your perp.

I have suspected since the beginning the reason they said executions was because of a lack of evidence of a robbery. Maybe cash/drugs/guns laying around that were not taken by the killers.

If what we hear is her only call to 911... IMO..

"Most of them deceived by omission, rather than commission. In lieu of offering the complete truth, such as I did it, many provided rambling information, instead of concise points; confusing, rather than clear, details; and extraneous information, instead of relevant facts. These details, although, irrelevant to the dispatchers’ questions, frequently related to the criminal act. People who provide more information than necessary may be attempting to convince someone of a deceptive story, rather than simply conveying truthful information.4*In this regard, investigators must listen carefully to the complete call because the caller may have provided information that reveals vital clues to the homicide."
https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm

Protecting someone, not that she did it! Just to clarify.

Well I still can't forget Gary being here, him having indoor grow operations and then his connection to bigger operations having to do with Detroit.

That could have caused some problems and there could be more grow ops on other properties he has.

A small caliber handgun or even a larger caliber with lighter loads would leave 3 small holes and not that much blood. Plenty to kill someone but keep your clothes clean, especially from across the room.

Well then it wasn't one of those. Because both witnesses (Bobby Jo and Donald Stone) said there was "blood everywhere." Whatever they used did cause a lot of spatter.

Two different types of shell casings does not necessarily mean two shooters, it means two guns. Take a look at the details of the shooting in the link below as an example. One shooter, 40 miles of travel and multiple houses, multiple knives and two different guns used by one man, all in a short amount of time. Victim count, 6 (technically 7 as one was wounded at the first house and survived).

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/stone-bradley.htm

I was also thinking of columbine where both shooters had two guns.

Well then it wasn't one of those. Because both witnesses (Bobby Jo and Donald Stone) said there was "blood everywhere." Whatever they used did cause a lot of spatter.
She said Chris looked like he was beaten and most of the blood could have been his.

45 Hollow points? Other weapons? Bats?
IDK

I grew up in a similar county just a few counties away from Pike. I know many families in that area and in the area I live in now, that are exactly like the Rhodens. I have a 'clan' that lives less than 3 miles from my driveway complete with the trailers, cars dogs, chickens and most likely grow op.

One thing I got from talking with one of my friends who lives near Piketon is that although he did not know the Rhodens, everyone who he discussed it with basically said 'they were killed over marijuana' even before it was ever released that they had a grow op. Everyone in the small closed society communities knows everyone or knows of them.

I still think this will eventually lead to Kentucky.

I've read a few things on FB that also indicate that people who know them know about the pot. So, is it more typical to grow your own and is their somewhat large op unusual? Would this be something cops would know about but ignore because they have bigger fish to fry?

Well there are some individual officers in the past that have been problems and it seems the previous sheriff could have allowed some problems to be swept under the rug.

There have been corrupt LE that have done a lot at times. There is always the possibility there was a very corrupt officer involved with looking the other way and making some money and was becoming a problem for the Rhodens. If that happened they could have decided the Rhodens needed to go. They could hinder the investigation and could have gotten into the houses without problems.

I can imagine that some seemingly proven corrupt LE could need a lot of money if they were fighting felony charges. But I also believe that this would show up on the investigative radar.

Yes, it seems especially unusual because they put out a request to ALL counties in Ohio for help.

Out governor can't do anything because he's been out of the state most of the last year running for President. Can't be bothered, I guess. He's busy campaigning. SMH.

I said the same thing. He needs to get back home and take care of his state. Smh too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz