OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a few things on FB that also indicate that people who know them know about the pot. So, is it more typical to grow your own and is their somewhat large op unusual? Would this be something cops would know about but ignore because they have bigger fish to fry?
Well normally a large grow op, commercial as they called it, would be sent out of town from everything I've seen. They wouldn't be the county dealers with a large commercial op, but tied in with some bigger people.

Gary had the connections in KY for that to go all through Detroit.

It's sad, but I'm not really surprised. The drug issue has probably tainted everything and everyone as far as the community is concerned.

I can see why the Rhodens are getting all the attention too. Seven of them were murdered. That doesn't minimize Ms. Gilley's death of course, but 7 is going to get the focus because the huge loss to a single family. The Manleys and Rhodens have been speaking to the press as well, so that is going to get them the focus. I don't think we've heard anything about or from Hannah's family at all. Not that they have to speak; it's understandable that they don't. But, the squeaky wheels, like Leonard, are getting the attention.

And a skilled reporter coould get lots out of him IMO............

I can imagine that some seemingly proven corrupt LE could need a lot of money if they were fighting felony charges. But I also believe that this would show up on the investigative radar.
No not that.. If they are corrupt they are getting money and getting a cut. Maybe they wanted to move to bigger things, more dangerous things which is more money. I'm not talking about any that would be on the radar as corrupt yet, but ones that maybe the Rhodens threatened to expose.

Well then it wasn't one of those. Because both witnesses (Bobby Jo and Donald Stone) said there was "blood everywhere." Whatever they used did cause a lot of spatter.

If one of the victims was shot 3 times in the head and had an open casket funeral I think it's fairly safe to say a small caliber or light load was used. Maybe not on all the victims, I'm pretty confident there were multiple shooters, but definitely on that one.

Most of my folks are in western ky but I lived in WV outside of huntington for a bit and spent enough time there. There are people that have been killed there due to Detroit connections. In all honesty between a biker gang (chicllicothe), drugs (huntington) and the detroit connection...I ran home quick. It didn't take long for me to realize I didn't move to "almost Heaven". There are some very sweet "hillbillies" but the mention of generational welfare, etc are real. Pills were the thing back then, It was before heroin exploded. I would not be surprised if KY was involved because of GR, but don't count out WV.

Well normally a large grow op, commercial as they called it, wouldn't be sent out of town from everything I've seen. They wouldn't be the county dealers with a large commercial op, but tied in with some bigger people.

Gary had the connections in KY for that to go all through Detroit.

I haven't seen the info on Gary. Is that from a news article and do you have a link?

The nine shots could have been a torture thing or rage overkill.

I'm wondering if the amount of bullets relates to how many times they had to shoot until they knew the victim was dead. I've heard of people surviving several gun shot wounds before. Maybe a couple of the victims were hanging on longer than others?? It's a horrible thought but possible.

I'm starting to think this wasn't connected to drugs/grow-op and this was more emotional/revenge/vigilante justice.

I don't think it was connected to the drugs/grow-up because now it's actually *exposed* it all when it was totally under the radar before all this.

If cartel, local competition, Kentucky boys were pissed off at this family or someone in the family the last thing they would do is perform such a grandiose murder to garner world news. The money would be gone, the plants would be gone, they'd draw attention/connections to themselves, they wouldn't need the headache or a trail leading back to them.

If it was other criminals they could easily just make them "disappear" without a trace without the grand shootout.

To me this has to be personal somehow within the connected families or community. Reasons come to mind: rejection from the business/not being included, humiliation (previous altercation with someone), a sexual assault/abuse and some vigilante justice, or just an "I'll show you" from a conflict.

JMO.

That was my last free article for the Chillicothe Gazette

It asked questions about who would care for the kids, but didn't offer any answers. Had nursery rhymes mixed in.

Me too! As if the Chillicothe Gazette is in such hot demand!

Interesting article in the Cincinnati paper about the call for citizens to arm themselves:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/04/28/rural-ohio-call-arm-yourself/83648366/

Too bad some in the article have the need to make this about gun control. These are not gang members arming themselves with saturday night specials. These are people that have funds, grew up around guns and know how to use guns. They go on and on about carry permits but I'm willing to bet almost every household had a firearm. Registering them costs money. If they're not wearing seat belts- their not registering their guns.

I'm starting to think this wasn't connected to drugs/grow-op and this was more emotional/revenge/vigilante justice.

I don't think it was connected to the drugs/grow-up because now it's actually *exposed* it all when it was totally under the radar before all this.

If cartel, local competition, Kentucky boys were pissed off at this family or someone in the family the last thing they would do is perform such a grandiose murder to garner world news. The money would be gone, the plants would be gone, they'd draw attention/connections to themselves, they wouldn't need the headache or a trail leading back to them.

If it was other criminals they could easily just make them "disappear" without a trace without the grand shootout.

To me this has to be personal somehow within the connected families or community. Reasons come to mind: rejection from the business/not being included, humiliation (previous altercation with someone), a sexual assault/abuse and some vigilante justice, or just an "I'll show you" from a conflict.

JMO.

Totally agree. This was about RAGE and revenge. And we will eventually find out that it was in no way sophisticated at all, and we will be amazed they were able to evade LE for so long.

That was my last free article for the Chillicothe Gazette

It asked questions about who would care for the kids, but didn't offer any answers. Had nursery rhymes mixed in.

Delete the cookies from the newspaper that are on your computer and its site won't recognize you...the free articles will start again.

My family for generations farmed in the Mississippi Delta. I understand to a small degree family clans & grudges

Here is my thoughts on the possible roots of the dispute:
The perps knew their victims very well.Perps had planned & stalked family biding their time to carry out the final solution.Perception was the victims had deprived the perps of a portion of their success (Perps were competitive & vilified them i.e. for gloating)They were extremely jealous of the Rhoden clans comfortable lifestyle.Rhoden family had lots of property perhaps some of which had at one time been in the perps family.Rhoden's had deposable income for hobbies & plenty of cash. Some of the Rhoden family were just plain cocky & they needed to be taught a lesson.Perps wanted to inflict max amount of retribution of multi-generational wrongs inflected by the clan.
:cow:

No not that.. If they are corrupt they are getting money and getting a cut. Maybe they wanted to move to bigger things, more dangerous things which is more money. I'm not talking about any that would be on the radar as corrupt yet, but ones that maybe the Rhodens threatened to expose.
I read something that piqued my interest. The sheriff said that, in the case of the rogue, it was posted on social media that another man and woman were at the home at the time of that "involuntary" shooting, but that no one had come forward. That statement was issued on 12/15 and whoever the mystery couple was, they would have been witnesses. I know my speculation is wildly improbable, but a case would harder to prove without witnesses. I can't help but wonder...

Most of my folks are in western ky but I lived in WV outside of huntington for a bit and spent enough time there. There are people that have been killed there due to Detroit connections. In all honesty between a biker gang (chicllicothe), drugs (huntington) and the detroit connection...I ran home quick. It didn't take long for me to realize I didn't move to "almost Heaven". There are some very sweet "hillbillies" but the mention of generational welfare, etc are real. Pills were the thing back then, It was before heroin exploded. I would not be surprised if KY was involved because of GR, but don't count out WV.
Gosh.. WV just reminded me, we watched the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia again a couple of weeks ago..

Totally agree. This was about RAGE and revenge. And we will eventually find out that it was in no way sophisticated at all, and we will be amazed they were able to evade LE for so long.

For sure and I still think a woman or someone with military background had some hand in it somehow and that's where the good planning comes into play. Not super planned, but maybe more than an average rage/anger killing.

Too bad some in the article have the need to make this about gun control. These are not gang members arming themselves with saturday night specials. These are people that have funds, grew up around guns and know how to use guns. They go on and on about carry permits but I'm willing to bet almost every household had a firearm. Registering them costs money. If they're not wearing seat belts- their not registering their guns.

This was the Cincinnati paper. You have to understand that most people in cities do NOT own guns and are horrified by the number of guns on the streets. Without passing judgment on anyone at all, I am shocked to read about all the people posting on this thread who say guns are an every day way of life. I don't know one person who owns a gun. Not one! (I guess maybe some of my relatives back in Ohio own hunting rifles. But I have lived in the suburbs of L.A. for 25 years and have never even seen a gun since I moved here). What is going on in Piketon is a TOTALLY different and completely shocking culture to most of us who live in L.A, Cincinnati, etc. I think that article just reflects the big-city mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz