OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was an open casket ???? then I am leaning towards a small caliber riffle like a .22 which might explain why so many shots were used if people woke up

I somehow missed JaimeInLA's post, so thanks to you both for bringing this up as I missed it. Very, very informative.

If it was an open casket ???? then I am leaning towards a small caliber riffle like a .22 which might explain why so many shots were used if people woke up

Yes, that is what his dad said. :-(

Were the crops inside the houses though? How many plants are we talking here ... I'm finding talks of Mexican drug cartels a little bit fanciful. Agree with the folks who think this was personal and younger hot heads well known to the family.
They had indoor and outdoor. The indoor was probably in an outbuilding. The indoor was about 200 plants, we don't know how many the outdoor were.

They had indoor and outdoor. The indoor was probably in an outbuilding. The indoor was about 200 plants, we don't know how many the outdoor were.

That's a fairly decent crop then?

Maybe someone who used to be part of their syndicate felt they were short changed somewhere along the line, 200 plants does seem like enough plants to need extra help selling .. surely they sold them in bulk to someone who transported them somewhere? Or were these the family members in other states perhaps?

Killing the whole family, that's some deep major anger though....someone who was close to them for awhile.

Didn't even think of that with the dogs. I'm a PO, and have sprayed a few dogs, and yes it sends most of them running. That is a possibility to get the dogs away!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Using mace on mean dogs is a pretty common "cure" though isn't it? Don't most folks know that?

That's a fairly decent crop then?

Maybe someone who used to be part of their syndicate felt they were short changed somewhere along the line, 200 plants does seem like enough plants to need extra help selling .. surely they sold them in bulk to someone who transported them somewhere? Or were these the family members in other states perhaps?
Well it would be much more than that if there were two others.

Gary had been arrested in KY for an indoor operation. He has some connections in KY with a much bigger operation. That's why some of us think it wasn't a coincidence that Gary was down here and whatever caused the murders might can be traced to KY.

Well there are some individual officers in the past that have been problems and it seems the previous sheriff could have allowed some problems to be swept under the rug.

There have been corrupt LE that have done a lot at times. There is always the possibility there was a very corrupt officer involved with looking the other way and making some money and was becoming a problem for the Rhodens. If that happened they could have decided the Rhodens needed to go. They could hinder the investigation and could have gotten into the houses without problems.

Interesting that a certain rogue was supposed to have their final pre-trial hearing on the 22nd of April. I wonder if the hearing proceeded or was disrupted?

Y'all, I know this is macabre, but it just dawned on me that it is 2:30 am in Southern Ohio right now.

One week from when these eight people were killed.

Although we don't know at what hours they were killed, it isn't difficult for me to imagine that these hours may have been the last ones of peace for them on this earth.

Well it would be much more than that if there were two others.

Gary had been arrested in KY for an indoor operation. He has some connections in KY with a much bigger operation. That's why some of us think it wasn't a coincidence that Gary was down here and whatever caused the murders might can be traced to KY.

I feel like I need a flow chart of who was who, who was killed where, what crops there were and who was involved with transportation.

LE would be starting with triangulation of phone towers wouldn't they to see who was in the area overnight, could prove interesting.

This was the Cincinnati paper. You have to understand that most people in cities do NOT own guns and are horrified by the number of guns on the streets. Without passing judgment on anyone at all, I am shocked to read about all the people posting on this thread who say guns are an every day way of life. I don't know one person who owns a gun. Not one! (I guess maybe some of my relatives back in Ohio own hunting rifles. But I have lived in the suburbs of L.A. for 25 years and have never even seen a gun since I moved here). What is going on in Piketon is a TOTALLY different and completely shocking culture to most of us who live in L.A, Cincinnati, etc. I think that article just reflects the big-city mindset.

I think that's what some on the thread are trying to relate. When I look at Piketon, it looks just like MY town. I live in Appalachia in the mountains. I actually don't know anyone who doesn't have a gun. To understand the crime, I think you have to understand the culture. And the culture of my town and Piketon would be so far from LA or any other big city it's not funny. I have a very large city an hour and a half from me. I take my kids to the mall there twice a year to shop- yes that is the closest mall. I get down there and drive around and ask myself how in the world could someone live In a city? We have a four lane (interstate) that goes through the north end of town and some asphalt but the majority of the roads are dirt Hunting is big here, it's how a lot of people eat. I mostly have a gun (by the side door that we use) because we get rattle snakes. And yes I have kids. And they respect guns.

We don't register here, but I'm strongly against registration and won't ever register. I fill out my federal forms and if they need to know what I have they can search their database, I'm not making a list for them.

Or in my case- paying TAXES on them

I have a hard time believing that more people who live in Cincinnati aren't armed. It is a beautiful city in many ways, but it is ranked 98th out of 100 of the most dangerous cities with populations of 25,000 or more according to NeighborhoodScout, which states it gains its statistics from crimes reported to the FBI. This makes Cincinnati way more dangerous on a per capita basis than L.A.

My own large midwestern city has also been plagued by serious crimes thanks to gang activity and the drug trade. They aren't just killing each other, they are killing completely innocent people with no connection to them. Nearly everyone I know, and these are middle aged and older white collar professionals who live in upper middle class suburban neighborhoods owns at least one gun and many also have permits to carry. We've had shoot-outs in stores between armed citizens and criminals who are trying to victimize others and numerous lives have been saved thanks to their quick reactions. It is a little like living in the wild west here and it takes the police 20 minutes or more to respond, so if you don't want to become a victim, you learn how to be safe with a gun, you take classes and you are prepared.

But you are thinking about a murder through your point of view. There is a lot of "backwoods justice" and life goes on and whatever the problems were are considered resolved.

Also with a big murder investigation, they might not look to see who if anyone is taking the place, it might not be someone in even the same state.

One other thing I don't think folks understand about the culture is that most folks live in the now and preset day. My kids will go to college. I am the exception. Most kids find mr right now in high school, have a baby, that doesn't work so they find another mr right now. There is very little "planning ahead" or "saving for a rainy day". I am college educated and was not born here, I am here by choice as I LOVE the lifestyle and wanted to raise my children in a strict environment. 96% of my county is Republican. There is a church in just about every corner. And they are attended. It's just a different life style than someone that lives in a city

I hunk that's what some on the bread are trying to relate. When I look at Piketon, it looks just like MY town. I live in Appalachia in the mountains. I actually don't know anyone who doesn't have a gun. To understand the crime, I think you have to understand the culture. And the culture of my town and Piketon would be so far from LA or any other big city it's not funny. I have a very large city an hour and a half from me. I take my kids to the mall there twice a year to shop- yes that is the closest mall. I get down there and drive around and ask myself how in the world could someone live In a city? We have a four lane (interstate) that goes through the north end of town and some asphalt but the majority of the roads are dirt Hunting is big here, it's how a lot of people eat. I mostly have a gun (by the side door that we use) because we get rattle snakes.

This made me chuckle as we live 2 hours from the nearest town and my wife commutes there and back every weekday for work (I used to as well but work from home a lot now with the farm taking off). I always chuckle when friends complain about a 30 minute commute to work

I have a hard time believing that more people who live in Cincinnati aren't armed. It is a beautiful city in many ways, but it is ranked 98th out of 100 of the most dangerous cities with populations of 25,000 or more according to NeighborhoodScout, which states it gains its statistics from crimes reported to the FBI. This makes Cincinnati way more dangerous on a per capita basis than L.A.

My own large midwestern city has also been plagued by serious crimes thanks to gang activity and the drug trade. They aren't just killing each other, they are killing completely innocent people with no connection to them. Nearly everyone I know, and these are middle aged and older white collar professionals who live in upper middle class suburban neighborhoods owns at least one gun and many also have permits to carry. We've had shoot-outs in stores between armed citizens and criminals who are trying to victimize others and numerous lives have been saved thanks to their quick reactions. It is a little like living in the wild west here and it takes the police 20 minutes or more to respond, so if you don't want to become a victim, you learn how to be safe with a gun, you take classes and you are prepared.
Our issue has been home invasions and even during the day home invasions. We have had numerous intruders killed because people were at home and had their gun on their person.

I keep a gun with me at all times, sometimes it may be on my purse and sometimes it is on my person. I conceal carry because if I'm out somewhere and something happens and I'm open carrying, they are going to take me out right away.

One real interesting thing was Chicago, when they started allowing conceal carry, their gun violence started dropping. Bad people are going to go the path of least resistance. I would have no problem with a huge sign in my front yard that my house is armed and armed well.. That is the house they aren't going to want to come in.

Just a few weeks ago, a man was a few minutes late getting home and some people broke in the house right after his kid got home from school. The kid was like 10. The father got there and killed one and two got away but they were caught. The family of the dead guy wanted to sue the father because they said there was no proof the kid's life was in danger, which is nuts. But here, with the castle doctrine, you don't have to prove anything if someone comes to your house. Also the criminals will never have a shortage of guns when gun laws are strict, Chicago and DC have proven that.

I feel like I need a flow chart of who was who, who was killed where, what crops there were and who was involved with transportation.

LE would be starting with triangulation of phone towers wouldn't they to see who was in the area overnight, could prove interesting.

I have an ancestry account and have put everyone on their tree to keep them straight.

This made me chuckle as we live 2 hours from the nearest town and my wife commutes there and back every weekday for work (I used to as well but work from home a lot now with the farm taking off). I always chuckle when friends complain about a 30 minute commute to work
I like the country but I have to admit when I lived there, there was so much I missed. We had one grocery store, but it closed every night at 7 pm, the next closest was 30 miles away. There were 3 places to eat and they were closed by 7, one pharmacy closed at 5, closed at noon on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Could not get even a pizza delivered.

You have to plan for things when you live in an area like that. It's difficult to plan for that when that isn't all you know.

There are two 24 hour grocery stores within 5 miles of me and two 24 hour pharmacies within 1/2 a mile from me. Now if I want the country experience, I go to the lake for the weekend, where I have no phone service, nothing close, no cable service, no Internet and a weekend is about all I need lol.

The individuals have told us a great deal by the way they took this family out. They were killers before this attack. They are involved in illegal activities. They sent a message to this family and many others for future dealings. The message was too loud and this will be there downfall. The individual that gave this order is done. They are going to be killed by other associates due to the negative impact on their business. This is not Mexico. We have legitimate media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser