OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the country but I have to admit when I lived there, there was so much I missed. We had one grocery store, but it closed every night at 7 pm, the next closest was 30 miles away. There were 3 places to eat and they were closed by 7, one pharmacy closed at 5, closed at noon on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Could not get even a pizza delivered.

You have to plan for things when you live in an area like that. It's difficult to plan for that when that isn't all you know.

There are two 24 hour grocery stores within 5 miles of me and two 24 hour pharmacies within 1/2 a mile from me. Now if I want the country experience, I go to the lake for the weekend, where I have no phone service, nothing close, no cable service, no Internet and a weekend is about all I need lol.

I am 13 miles to the nearest gas station. And I hate to pump gas. But I hate getting home on empty worse :). We do have Internet and Directv and Amazon is my best friend, I order virtually everything on line.

They are not growing enough dope to be anywhere near big time. The law prices the dope by the gram, but growers sell by the pound, only the buds are collected-the rest is waste. Cars, they seem normal, *advertiser censored* fighting debts---maybe--but why would you take out the family. They are an old time family, you will be judged by the family name.Why did they (and it has gotta be a they) go after the individuals(single kills) a 16 year old?

Gotcha, we get stereotyped galore in Canada as well.... We all don't live in igloos, it's not always snowing (where I live we rarely get snow even in winter) and I don't even like hockey.

:confused: Whaaaat??? How can you not like hockey? Isn't that un-Canadian? Do you also dislike Tim Horton's?? (just kidding, BTW, I live in the US, can't stand baseball or football and think Starbucks tastes like crap :D)

I am 13 miles to the nearest gas station. And I hate to pump gas. But I hate getting home on empty worse :). We do have Internet and Directv and Amazon is my best friend, I order virtually everything on line.
Oh I can be at 5 gas stations within 2 miles. I don't even live downtown, that would drive me nuts. I live in a quiet neighborhood of so many trees I had to cut a couple down so I could have an area in the back for a small garden. We all have some land at my granny's and it is about 30 mins away. All of us get together every year and plant a regular garden and everyone takes care of it and uses it. Those are the kinds of things I would really miss about the country if we didn't have that land. Also the difference in the sky is crazy. If there is a meteor shower, we are going to the lake or out to my granny's. People that never get out in the country don't realize the huge difference in the night sky.

Also with the gas station like that, you then to fill up at half a tank a lot lol

She does quite clearly say "oh my God please don't hurt me" at 1:56 in that recording. I played it over and over and it's clear.

But I don't think another person is there. I think she is just panicking and afraid for her life after what she just saw and what it might mean.
After all, nobody hurt her. So probably nobody was there.

[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

She starts it off with "we walked to the mailbox". Who's "We" if no one else was there?

They are not growing enough dope to be anywhere near big time. The law prices the dope by the gram, but growers sell by the pound, only the buds are collected-the rest is waste. Cars, they seem normal, *advertiser censored* fighting debts---maybe--but why would you take out the family. They are an old time family, you will be judged by the family name.Why did they (and it has gotta be a they) go after the individuals(single kills) a 16 year old?
We don't know how much they are growing. They only told about the indoor operation.

I like the country but I have to admit when I lived there, there was so much I missed. We had one grocery store, but it closed every night at 7 pm, the next closest was 30 miles away. There were 3 places to eat and they were closed by 7, one pharmacy closed at 5, closed at noon on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Could not get even a pizza delivered.

You have to plan for things when you live in an area like that. It's difficult to plan for that when that isn't all you know.

There are two 24 hour grocery stores within 5 miles of me and two 24 hour pharmacies within 1/2 a mile from me. Now if I want the country experience, I go to the lake for the weekend, where I have no phone service, nothing close, no cable service, no Internet and a weekend is about all I need lol.

I sometimes fantasize about moving out of the small but progressive city I live it and getting a stretch of land and unplugging from modern crap (internet, advertising, consumerism, etc.) and getting back to basics. I'm not a materialistic person at all, I like comfort but don't buy into the game of "keeping up with the Joneses" or getting in debt via consumerism that's for sure.

I definitely get sick of the fast pace of the 9-5 life but then when I think about moving somewhere remotely I panic at the thought of a hospital not being close by for any medical emergencies. I have a young daughter so I know I'd get spooked knowing the closest hospital is a 40 minutes or hour drive away or if living on an smaller island (I live on a big sland) you might have to get helicoptered in when emergency strikes. That kinda freaks me out, I'm chicken...

I'm in a city with great shopping within walking distance and I still order tons online haha! :) And always I've hated pumping gas too…but I'm just lazy about it!

I agree, I think they were low on the pole and not big time. Big time for the area maybe, still making more money than most, yes. But definitely not cartel or real big time.

She starts it off with "we walked to the mailbox". Who's "We" if no one else was there?

Her Dad and maybe one other male family member whom she called before she called 911 (according to her Dad as stated in an interview).

:confused: Whaaaat??? How can you not like hockey? Isn't that un-Canadian? Do you also dislike Tim Horton's?? (just kidding, BTW, I live in the US, can't stand baseball or football and think Starbucks tastes like crap :D)

Oh man, don't get me started ;) I don't know anything or follow hockey whatsoever, never have!

Tim Hortons is meh….but I think it's cute that a few Americans I met that came to visit *had* to try Tim Hortons. I'm like that when I visit the US though, so many novelties and goooood food and things we don't have here. Anything new and different is always usually good!

Good catch! I might be foggy but is this the second "we" used in the 911 call? I know one "we" was used but I'm unfamiliar with the timing of the call itself.

ETA - I see pisces51 answered a few posts up and it sounds like dad might've been with her during the timing of the second "we"

Good catch! I might be foggy but is this the second "we" used in the 911 call? I know one "we" was used but I'm unfamiliar with the timing of the call itself.

ETA - I see pisces51 answered a few posts up and it sounds like dad might've been with her during the timing of the second "we"

I think she says "give me a second, let me walk to the mailbox".

Her Dad and maybe one other male family member whom she called before she called 911 (according to her Dad as stated in an interview).

I think the people with her were her dad and two other people I won't risk naming per TOS. I think she went to Frankie's first. And I think his door was unlocked/ open. I think she got the two kids and then ran next door to tell Chris. When she got there the door was locked. So she called her dad. She was 1 1/2 mile from her dad. And she told him something was wrong and he came down with two other people I won't name. And then she went to Chris but the door was locked. So she thought he may be at Dana's and they all went down there. And I think this house had forced entry and there were two pit bulls that lived inside that were gone. So then they went back to Chris's and she got the key and went in.... And theN Called 911. And I think maybe Chris bought Dana the house with the big garage and made a deal- I'll pay for the house, you allow us to grow pot in that garage. But they'd only had the house one month so it had to have been early stages- if it was even set up. And they may have come back at three in the morning to find out exactly what she touched. She may have walked in any blood. She may have tracked from one crime scene to another. And recreation of the scene is going to tell them alot about what happened.

I think the people with her were her dad and two other people I won't risk naming per TOS. I think she went to Frankie's first. And I think his door was unlocked/ open. I think she got the two kids and then ran next door to tell Chris. When she got there the door was locked. So she called her dad. She was 1 1/2 mile from her dad. And she told him something was wrong and he came down with two other people I won't name. And then she went to Chris but the door was locked. So she thought he may be at Dana's and they all went down there. And I think this house had forced entry and there were two pit bulls that lived inside that were gone. So then they went back to Chris's and she got the key and went in.... And theN Called 911. And I think maybe Chris bought Dana the house with the big garage and made a deal- I'll pay for the house, you allow us to grow pot in that garage. But they'd only had the house one month so it had to have been early stages- if it was even set up. And they may have come back at three in the morning to find out exactly what she touched. She may have walked in any blood. She may have tracked from one crime scene to another. And recreation of the scene is going to tell them alot about what happened.

Leonard said early in this interview that he lives a half mile from CR Sr. and that his son went to Dana's. I just noticed in this that he said BJM CAME TO GET HIM after finding FR and HG, then CR Sr and GR. - starting 2:40

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

Most people's instincts would be to grab those kids, get them the hell out of there, comfort and hold them. God knows how long they were there in all that mess or what they were exposed to...screaming and crying if awakened, which I'm guessing they were.

I know personally, I probably would not think before I act and instinctually grab those kids even though I know very well I *shouldn't* contaminate a crime scene. I'm so curious what BJ did.

Most people's instincts would be to grab those kids, get them the hell out of there, comfort and hold them. God knows how long they were there in all that mess or what they were exposed to...screaming and crying if awakened, which I'm guessing they were.

I know personally, I probably would not think before I act and instinctually grab those kids even though I know very well I *shouldn't* contaminate a crime scene. I'm so curious what BJ did.

Me too. After listening to her Dad say that she came to get him, I wonder if she brought the children to his house before they returned and called 911.

I keep thinking I'll wake up to some big break in the case but alas, nothing... Wishful thinking on my part.

Does anyone know how the missing dog thing got started? I've yet to see it confirmed but feel like I read it somewhere..

I grew up in a similar county just a few counties away from Pike. I know many families in that area and in the area I live in now, that are exactly like the Rhodens. I have a 'clan' that lives less than 3 miles from my driveway complete with the trailers, cars dogs, chickens and most likely grow op.

One thing I got from talking with one of my friends who lives near Piketon is that although he did not know the Rhodens, everyone who he discussed it with basically said 'they were killed over marijuana' even before it was ever released that they had a grow op. Everyone in the small closed society communities knows everyone or knows of them.

I still think this will eventually lead to Kentucky.

I've been thinking all along this is meth or something more. Pot is becoming legalized state by state it's just a matter of time for Ohio but what your friend says is interesting. And really sad.

I just keep coming back to the pot and how it donot make sense. Unless the have their numbers wrong 200 plants ain't nothing more than granddad and grandmas garden of purple hull peas squash cocumbers... plants were still there if I understand correctly. However my theory is now lol 1100th one
Is that what would make sense better is running heroin. That Would be My .guess not manufacturing but it has been muled to them possibly hidden in the cars or they are mules getting it to say Kentucky or further by packing those old vehicles they sale tearing them apart and packing. Could be why Bobbi was there may be she had a car to deliver maybe why they sold online they had buyers that they let know was ready for them. I think pot was just a side boost that wasn't connected to the heroin supply. No they didn't take the pot but we don't know if there were some significant amounts of heroin they were able to take. Don't know it could have been the hit man working for the supplier sent in and got it done for any reason from skimming or one could have been using and got out of hand could risk the whole deal who knows..then my next scenario is someone around there local knew they were dealing it but didn't know it was a organization like cartel that was supplying. If that is a true scenario whoever took it if it wasn't an ordered hit and a local they will be next I bet sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee