OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our issue has been home invasions and even during the day home invasions. We have had numerous intruders killed because people were at home and had their gun on their person.

I keep a gun with me at all times, sometimes it may be on my purse and sometimes it is on my person. I conceal carry because if I'm out somewhere and something happens and I'm open carrying, they are going to take me out right away.

One real interesting thing was Chicago, when they started allowing conceal carry, their gun violence started dropping. Bad people are going to go the path of least resistance. I would have no problem with a huge sign in my front yard that my house is armed and armed well.. That is the house they aren't going to want to come in.

Just a few weeks ago, a man was a few minutes late getting home and some people broke in the house right after his kid got home from school. The kid was like 10. The father got there and killed one and two got away but they were caught. The family of the dead guy wanted to sue the father because they said there was no proof the kid's life was in danger, which is nuts. But here, with the castle doctrine, you don't have to prove anything if someone comes to your house. Also the criminals will never have a shortage of guns when gun laws are strict, Chicago and DC have proven that.

I understand the conceal carry! I did take a course when I got my permit that was taught by our city's SWAT team. We were told that if we became the victim of a home invasion that we should shoot to kill because most of these people have already been in prison and they will not leave a living witness who will put them back in prison. We have had daytime home invasions in our city recently where the homeowners have shot and killed the intruder (s) and not one of these homeowners have spent one minute in jail.

Such is the world we live in. But it has always been a violent world. My Appalachian ancestors survived generations ago because they had firearms and they knew how to use them very well and when trouble came to them, they dealt with it. I completely understand that, so I guess it is in my gene pool!

They are not growing enough dope to be anywhere near big time. The law prices the dope by the gram, but growers sell by the pound, only the buds are collected-the rest is waste. Cars, they seem normal, *advertiser censored* fighting debts---maybe--but why would you take out the family. They are an old time family, you will be judged by the family name.Why did they (and it has gotta be a they) go after the individuals(single kills) a 16 year old?
BBM

Just noting the silence of day-to-day associates surrounding the family here. No comments or reflections from any of the folks they worked with aside from an initial comment by the guy who owns the BBL where CR Sr. was a carpenter. No one the women worked with at the health homes, nothing really from anywhere. Could be they are part of the investigation and have been asked not to say anything but I'm getting the impression this family was NOT held in high regard by the community in any way. The reward offer of the businessman being rescinded yesterday is a recent example.

About 9 years ago I picked up a great niece I hadn't seen in years she had moved a out an hour a way from me. Plans were made I would pick her up and she would come spend a few days and see her cousins and we would go shopping,
When I arrived at her house she said something came up she couldn't leave right then until a friend could meet her to get a backpack she left in their car.. 2 hours later and she was extremely nervous I told her I thought it would be best I go on home if she can't get the backpack another time. I told her let's go eat and when we are done if your friend hasn't showed up I will come another time and get u. I end up going to get food to take back she was gone I was very put put and was heading home when she called and said could I pick her up at another friends house now and gave me directions, I decided I would I get there some man tells she will be right back ran to the locker?? Now I know something ain't right locker backpacks she is 20 it's 8:30 pm. I was leaving and call in her momma and she got dropped off and was ready to go.
I asked was there anything she wanted to tell me or was there any thing she had that should not be in my car and it was no auntie I wouldn't ever do stuff like that etc.
We get home late with the drive and all I had just got into bed when she knocked on our bedroom door and wanted to speak to me. She had asked could she drive my car which was brand new to a friends house she hasn't seen since she had left long ago. I said no mam but she is welcome to visit u here.. she went to bawling she said I can't I got to give somebody something I have to be able to count out 7300. And I can't do it here. I said for what and she finally told me it was not good but she had to get it to the person and have the cash exactly. . She said she couldn't tell me who had her backpack earlier because she didn't know someone was calling her when it's time to get it but they checked my house and your car was there and they changed their mind and watched me when I left to pick her up. She then was taken to a locker storage unit thing and she had to leave the another bag inside hers in a locker. She got left thwre and called her friend I was at and his daughter picked her up and dropped her by when I was leaving.
I told her I couldn't forgive her I have no clue what was in that bag that I helped transfer unknowingly but that excuse would have got me laughed at on my way to jail. She needs to call her mom and leave. She said someone was picking her up I said they are not to pull up in my driveway meet them in the street. She ended up staying with friends here and there and is no in Hawaii. But what I am getting at none of these runners knew the others no names just phones like go phones I guess. She didn't have a number to call they had hers they took her and left her where she was leaving something then she made it here. She later told me over the phone when she apologized to me that she was done with that it paid her well and it was only about every 3 months she would run it but it was good money. My point if it was anything like that they are probably clueless who they ate dealing with.

Off topic….Not to sound too sentimental, and I reaaaalllllly don't want to go there or have this a topic or debate because it's polarizing but just sayin - I've found this thread very interesting on the attitude and culture towards guns and gun control.

I've learned that it's not so black and white. I don't think I know one person who owns a firearm, and it's so foreign to me to understand why in the world it's necessary but after hearing so many personal stories, backgrounds and reasonings other than what I read in a history book/internet, hear on the news or what the media says I'm now seeing it that's it's definitely not cut and dry and really depends where you're born, raised and live. It's definitely a gray area and not black and white.

So thanks to everyone sharing their stories. We all have different cultures, environments and attitudes so it's good to come here and hear both sides of the coin. We can all learn something from each other here, at least I hope.

They are an old time family, you will be judged by the family name. I do not mean that with any disrespect.

If what we hear is her only call to 911... IMO..

"Most of them deceived by omission, rather than commission. In lieu of offering the complete truth, such as I did it, many provided rambling information, instead of concise points; confusing, rather than clear, details; and extraneous information, instead of relevant facts. These details, although, irrelevant to the dispatchers’ questions, frequently related to the criminal act. People who provide more information than necessary may be attempting to convince someone of a deceptive story, rather than simply conveying truthful information.4*In this regard, investigators must listen carefully to the complete call because the caller may have provided information that reveals vital clues to the homicide."
https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The key thig is one that fits this. IMO it struck me a random, had an agenda if you will. In distrress, calling for help, is anyone interested in how she got in at that time. Later yes a valid issue that would need to examined.- felt like she wanted to highlight that she did not break in and get that the door was locked.. moo it was just "off" imo

Here is the Kenny Rhodin "I fear for my life " 911 call. There is a longer one but I cant seem to findit

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/rhoden-family-member-calls-911-fearing-for-his-lif/nrDW9/

placed the call right after leaving a Speedway gas station because he thought he was being followed as he drove through South Shore, Ky., an Ohio River town across from Portsmouth, Ohio.
Rhoden told the operator that at least two people in what he believed was a forest green, newer model Chrysler had been following him for eight to 10 miles. Rhoden called out the license tag number, but he couldn’t say what state was on the tags. He told the operator the car had tried to cut him off.
Greenup County, Ky., E-911,

From area of shooting how far away is he at this point in drive time from Pike?

Garys dad here

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156

I am speculating.
Please add your ideas and discussion.

Law enforcement has probably issued search warrants for:

Cell phone records of all family, others.

Whatever necessary for Cell Tower info.
I see a large tower near the Union Hill Rd home.

Electric company records. Water Co. too
This would be for indoor grow op. Timing of lights, etc. ?

Credit card records & Bank Records of all family, others.

All Social Media of all family, others. This could be a gold mine.

Whatever necessary for full examination of individual cell phones for texts, etc.

Cameras on the highways and bridges. No idea how detailed these photos are.

Locker at School.
Locker at Dana's place of work.

All public records, land and court records of every type.

I say 'all family' as a research tool, NOT as an accusation. Research to find out who they may have been interacting with, etc.

I'm sure there is much more.
The task of sorting out all weapons owned by those at the locations and others is huge.

All this makes the task and time frame of discovery seem daunting.

I've been thinking all along this is meth or something more. Pot is becoming legalized state by state it's just a matter of time for Ohio but what your friend says is interesting. And really sad.
Well it also wouldn't be unusual for people involved in a "commercial" grow op to be involved in meth or something else also. I wouldn't be shocked if they found something more.

I just keep coming back to the pot and how it donot make sense. Unless the have their numbers wrong 200 plants ain't nothing more than granddad and grandmas garden of purple hull peas squash cocumbers... plants were still there if I understand correctly. However my theory is now lol 1100th one
Is that what would make sense better is running heroin. That Would be My .guess not manufacturing but it has been muled to them possibly hidden in the cars or they are mules getting it to say Kentucky or further by packing those old vehicles they sale tearing them apart and packing. Could be why Bobbi was there may be she had a car to deliver maybe why they sold online they had buyers that they let know was ready for them. I think pot was just a side boost that wasn't connected to the heroin supply. No they didn't take the pot but we don't know if there were some significant amounts of heroin they were able to take. Don't know it could have been the hit man working for the supplier sent in and got it done for any reason from skimming or one could have been using and got out of hand could risk the whole deal who knows..then my next scenario is someone around there local knew they were dealing it but didn't know it was a organization like cartel that was supplying. If that is a true scenario whoever took it if it wasn't an ordered hit and a local they will be next I bet sadly
Their number doesn't have to be wrong.. They only gave a number for the one indoor operation they told us about, they did not give a number of the outdoor.

I understand the conceal carry! I did take a course when I got my permit that was taught by our city's SWAT team. We were told that if we became the victim of a home invasion that we should shoot to kill because most of these people have already been in prison and they will not leave a living witness who will put them back in prison. We have had daytime home invasions in our city recently where the homeowners have shot and killed the intruder (s) and not one of these homeowners have spent one minute in jail.

Such is the world we live in. But it has always been a violent world. My Appalachian ancestors survived generations ago because they had firearms and they knew how to use them very well and when trouble came to them, they dealt with it. I completely understand that, so I guess it is in my gene pool!
It's also an attitude in the South when not in the country. That is the "rebel" attitude.. You has a gun because it is your right and you don't have to justify exercising your rights.

Local radio, WLW, Bill Cunningham

I just heard this and can't quote exactly.
It will be repeated through the day, so maybe more clarity.
Or maybe not. But what I remember was:

Bill said he was told it was an "inside" job.

Off topic….Not to sound too sentimental, and I reaaaalllllly don't want to go there or have this a topic or debate because it's polarizing but just sayin - I've found this thread very interesting on the attitude and culture towards guns and gun control.

I've learned that it's not so black and white. I don't think I know one person who owns a firearm, and it's so foreign to me to understand why in the world it's necessary but after hearing so many personal stories, backgrounds and reasonings other than what I read in a history book/internet, hear on the news or what the media says I'm now seeing it that's it's definitely not cut and dry and really depends where you're born, raised and live. It's definitely a gray area and not black and white.

So thanks to everyone sharing their stories. We all have different cultures, environments and attitudes so it's good to come here and hear both sides of the coin. We can all learn something from each other here, at least I hope.
I think convo's like this that aren't really about a certain subject but it can come out, can help a lot. These convos can be less hostile because we know everyone here hates senseless death and killing. The older I get the more I learn that there isn't much in life that is black and white. It is easy for something to be black and white if it hasn't personally affected ourselves.

If one of the victims was shot 3 times in the head and had an open casket funeral I think it's fairly safe to say a small caliber or light load was used. Maybe not on all the victims, I'm pretty confident there were multiple shooters, but definitely on that one.

so if small caliber does that possibly mean not overkill, that one would need three shots if not a good shooter?

I think the emerging cop angle is a valid notion. When I was researching the histroy of curruption in this place it has a long and rich history. I concluded there were more than one "pocket deputies" patrolling the area. Again I sctatch yours... you mine.

Happens all over the world. Big cities little ones. $$ ispower. And hey Officer Billyknocks on your door at 230 you open it- could explain some entry questions. Maybe the deceased did hear the first set of shots, and then knew not to let them in, and that could explain the other location needing forced entry.

The closest people to the whole scene are now dead, it is likly that ones that were about to be shot heard gunshots and that is why some were in bed and others were not - they were responding and getting armed as they heard screams from anohter household of family already being murdered.

And think about - if this is the case- that is more of a reason for noone to come forward - if many know it was LE. This is starting to sound more plausible every moment. It explains some stuff.

Might even explain why Sheriff got on phone with AG so quickly maybe Sheriff had notions of who his bad apples were. He also probably has his own family in town-- someone else had better arrest a couple of my men- maybe my family would be safer then.

It might also explain the lie that he had no dealings with them - tring to distance himself. If Le invoved it would make sense to make it look like overkill to implicate personal attack . I am assuming cops are a good shot. Perfect make it messy-steer direction of investgation down another path. Although I ponder - why not leave a gun at the scene to make it "look" like a m/s?

This endless rherotic about how so much effort was put in to clean up scene and cover their tracks --probably a cop would be very good at attending to that, especially if the perp did not think it was going to become such a massive story. It would also , all these cleaning track could be accomplished in a methodical way - if someone did drive by noone is going to come up to cop and ask what are you doing here - they would just keep going- not thinking a thing about seeing officer in front of a house - just not pecular or noticeable event. And, if someone did, then find out the next AM what happened, it is soubtful they are going to go run to LE to report what they saw last night.

I would be even more scared if I knew LE involved - would not know who I could "talk" to wiihout putting myself at risk, or loved ones .Helps explain noone coming forward doesn't it ?

Might even explain the lousy release of information. If AG/Sheriff know it was insdie job, they would have to be extra careful not tip some of the tribe off! Since it would be more shocking- they better make sure there case is super tight. Hummmm lets add in some more food for thought ....like we need more right?

It would also explain the need to off everyone - family is loyal - cant risk someone saying it was officer . Family member threatened to out him he, in his mind had no options, he has a family also (probab;y) just speculating here.

Its small force 12 of em. A ripe environment for pocket deputy stuff. This is all purly speculation however...................

I still have some hang ups about Donald

Local radio, WLW, Bill Cunningham

I just heard this and can't quote exactly.
It will be repeated through the day, so maybe more clarity.
Or maybe not. But what I remember was:

Bill said he was told it was an "inside" job.
"Inside" would indicate someone involved in family or involved in the money making, which in their case, likely is also family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm