OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/could-pike-county-slaying-be-linked-to-mexican-drug-cartels-

Was this a drug-related hit? It's a question raised when law enforcement agencies at many levels have reported an increase in violent crime linked to drug trade in the United States, fueled by Mexican cartels supplying U.S. drugs and the stateside gang members who help them do business.

Dewine hasn't said if the marijuana operations found near the family homes could be linked to Mexican cartels, but he told WLW's Bill Cunningham Monday that "nothing is off the table."

Is it probable we won't see any arrests until after all of the funerals are complete?

“They are everywhere. They are fluid, and they extend their reach by working with local gangs. The cartels are like the wholesalers, and they work with the gangs to do the local retail distribution,” DEA spokeswoman Barbara Carreno said.

Officials do not know how many U.S. cities have Mexican cartels working there, but they do track the areas where certain cartels are most active.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 12.26.12 PM_1461774629678_37084675_ver1.0_640_480.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 12.26.12 PM_1461774629678_37084675_ver1.0_640_480.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 66
Could Bobby have said, in response to dispatcher's query about the address, "let me walk to the mailbox"?

I compared the photo of the house with the tube in the shatter location with the overhead video from the Rhoden crime scenes and it didn't look like a match. Different style windows.

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/ar...f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html?mode=image&photo=3

I did notice in one of the videos of the Rhoden crime scenes, there was a building that had what looked like an aluminum tube attached. Looks like they were doing "shatter" production there.

It's in this CNN video at the .09 mark. Agents looking into a shed with an aluminum tube on the outside of the building.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/04/24/ohio-killings-marijuana-grow-operations-nick-valencia.cnn

“They are everywhere. They are fluid, and they extend their reach by working with local gangs. The cartels are like the wholesalers, and they work with the gangs to do the local retail distribution,” DEA spokeswoman Barbara Carreno said.

Officials do not know how many U.S. cities have Mexican cartels working there, but they do track the areas where certain cartels are most active.

Yes, this is very frightening. More frightening that National Law Enforcement does not seem to have made a dent in it all.

In listening again to the recording with the high pitch "please don't hurt me", I think she is just losing it and terrified. I don't think there is anyone with her. I think the good job is in the 911 center after an awful call and the way the operator handled it.

Original post but thought differently after listening again to the call.
Really out of the box thinking here--- I wonder if the "please don't hurt me" statement is about knowing the LEO will be there and she is afraid they will think she did it and tackle/arrest her or her father/brother as a result of making the call. Often when LEO arrive on the scene, they look at everyone as suspect.

I did notice in one of the videos of the Rhoden crime scenes, there was a building that had what looked like an aluminum tube attached. Looks like they were doing "shatter" production there.

It's in this CNN video at the .09 mark. Agents looking into a shed with an aluminum tube on the outside of the building.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/04/24/ohio-killings-marijuana-grow-operations-nick-valencia.cnn

It could be but wouldn't the tube need to extend past the roof line it that's what it's for?

Really out of the box thinking here--- I wonder if the "please don't hurt me" statement is about knowing the LEO will be there and she is afraid they will think she did it and tackle/arrest her or her father/brother as a result of making the call. Often when LEO arrive on the scene, they look at everyone as suspect.
I wonder if the call has been cut and the 911 operator did stay on the line with her until cops arrived. The end of the call she could be talking to a cop saying "please come, hurry". Leading them towards the house.

Maybe she said "please don't hurt me", because she's going to be waiting for police to come, just saw two family members that's been beaten, shot, blood all over and she doesn't know if the killers are still around.

When I hear 'inside' job I think of anyone involved in the Rhoden's network of ventures. They bought,bred and sold hounds,roosters. They fixed up and bought vehicles for demolition derby competition,repaired and/or resold vehicles for parts or flipping.Then of course the growing and reselling of pot.Buying neighboring property could be iffy especially if it's owner is impoverished. Any of their ventures had the potential to alienate or anger people.The rumors of frequent disputes & grudges against the Rhoden's have been discussed at length.

I have lived many years on the west coast but I still use all the Mississippi Delta expressions I grew up with. .My favorite is;you can say what you want about 'anybody' as long as you end your sentence with a 'bless their heart'. This acknowledges that deep down you care for them 'warts and all'.

:cow:

An expression I picked up from my grandpa and still use to this day. Good post.

That was my last free article for the Chillicothe Gazette

It asked questions about who would care for the kids, but didn't offer any answers. Had nursery rhymes mixed in.
Also had weird wording/dates under the photo of HR and new baby, I thought she gave birth on 4/18, says 4/17, but then also says on Monday 4/25.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LOL I say "bless your heart" in two ways, one is I feel really bad if someone's been hurt, and another is if a person's said something stupid, and I'm telling them, "What you said is really stupid and you should feel stupid". :)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/coul...ngs#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/KHt1EY7sRX

This article speaks of "shatter" and the need for hazmat suits.
Confirming photo of hazmat suits entering structure on Union Hill Rd. Day 1 of investigation.

Thanks for that link. Now we know where the term "shatter" comes from. It looks like homemade peanut brittle without the peanuts.

Could this be retaliation against the Rhoden's from other local "shatter" producers? Is that what the "inside" job reference means - from inside the local pot production community?

Ohio really needs to legalize pot and regulate the growers and producers. In so many ways, this is a repeat of the Prohibition Era gang wars.

It could be but wouldn't the tube need to extend past the roof line it that's what it's for?

I don't think so. IIRC, its the length of the tube that's important. IIRC, from the earlier news link about the local Post Office pot bust, some producers even use these tubes indoors. It's dangerous. The process involves packing the tube with pot, then "injecting" benzene through it and collecting the resin at the bottom or end of the tube. The resin then has to be cooked to release or evaporate the benzene. The risk is in the toxicity and fire hazard of the fumes from the benzene.

This was the Cincinnati paper. You have to understand that most people in cities do NOT own guns and are horrified by the number of guns on the streets. Without passing judgment on anyone at all, I am shocked to read about all the people posting on this thread who say guns are an every day way of life. I don't know one person who owns a gun. Not one! (I guess maybe some of my relatives back in Ohio own hunting rifles. But I have lived in the suburbs of L.A. for 25 years and have never even seen a gun since I moved here). What is going on in Piketon is a TOTALLY different and completely shocking culture to most of us who live in L.A, Cincinnati, etc. I think that article just reflects the big-city mindset.
Almost everyone I know, even in the big cities, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati as well as the suburbs in Ohio own guns, hunting and for protection. I think many DO own guns even if they live in the city.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

@CalamityPchfuzz @WCPO #PikeCounty interesting, one keeps learning more & more abt county drug act. Less & less abt who done it.

I'm very concerned this is going cold, even though I know they're actively investigating. It's almost become a reality show type media blitz to make the family look like mafia and deserved what's happened to them. It's becoming less about the fact a family was executed, one with a new baby at her side, and parents with kids in the house. The less LE and the AG hands over information the more the media is sensationalizing it. The fact that there's executioners out there that can strike again is becoming a bigger possibility. I hope anyone with information steps forward, because I'm sure they're frightened for their family and themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm