OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BJM 911 call

"please come - Hurry" or "please don't hurt me"

It does sound to me more like she says please don't hurt me. But it is really difficult to hear many of her words in this call. She sounds as if she is hyperventilating throughout. Which is understandable. I wonder if she saw or heard something in that moment of the call which caused her to wonder if the killers may still be near and so half talking to herself half speaking to anyone who may be around she said please don't hurt me.

I do not suspect the killers were there and that is who she may have uttered those words to.

I think it more likely it was a stream of conscious utterance that gives an idea of how panicked and just plain freaked out she was.

If I had found family members dead in a bloody scene I would imagine eventually, through the horror, the idea that the killer could be watching you right now or still be near would occur to me. just thoughts.
Yeah it is just an odd thing given there are so many odd things with this call and even case.

If we ever find out what happened, all these odd things we see may make perfect sense.

BBM

Just noting the silence of day-to-day associates surrounding the family here. No comments or reflections from any of the folks they worked with aside from an initial comment by the guy who owns the BBL where CR Sr. was a carpenter. No one the women worked with at the health homes, nothing really from anywhere. Could be they are part of the investigation and have been asked not to say anything but I'm getting the impression this family was NOT held in high regard by the community in any way. The reward offer of the businessman being rescinded yesterday is a recent example.
On the news last night they had a woman that worked with Dana that is coordinating a fund raiser this weekend, local restaurants have donated food for the event. She spoke fondly of Dana saying she knew her for 10 years and Dana trained her at work when she started.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BJM 911 call

"please come - Hurry" or "please don't hurt me"

It does sound to me more like she says please don't hurt me. But it is really difficult to hear many of her words in this call. She sounds as if she is hyperventilating throughout. Which is understandable. I wonder if she saw or heard something in that moment of the call which caused her to wonder if the killers may still be near and so half talking to herself half speaking to anyone who may be around she said please don't hurt me.

I do not suspect the killers were there and that is who she may have uttered those words to.

I think it more likely it was a stream of conscious utterance that gives an idea of how panicked and just plain freaked out she was.

If I had found family members dead in a bloody scene I would imagine eventually, through the horror, the idea that the killer could be watching you right now or still be near would occur to me. just thoughts.

But at the very end I also hear a person saying "good job". Does anyone else hear that? Here is the recording:
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...E-Pike-County-Multiple-Homicide-Investigation
(take the 7:49am recording) It is at 2:29.

There's definitely someone with her. (JMO) I've listened to the 911 call several times and it does sound like "please don't hurt me" at the end. But the first time I listened to it I thought she said "please come hurry" but the more I listen to it, it doesn't sound like she's saying it directly in the phone.. Like she's saying it to someone there. I don't think she's talking to herself though. Very strange.

Edited to add- I'm going to have my husband listen to it and see what he thinks she says. He hasn't heard it yet and hasn't read any of the transcripts.

I agree someone is with her. I swear I can hear a males voice in the beginning. But it sounds to me like please come hurry. Why wouldn't 911 stay on the phone with her?

I wonder who now stands to inherit all of the property?

I assumed Dana's property had a grow operation because of the large building on it and figured she moved there because they were expanding. Was that a new property they bought or was it already in the family?

It was a new property that was not in the family. It was bought on 3/21/16 for $60k (3122) and the property next to (2920)it was also bought 3/21/16 for $60k as well.

To me the "good job" sounds like it is at the 911 dispatch. It sounds different than when BJM was speaking. More like the sound from the 911 side of the call.

I hear good god. But definitely on the 911 side it has that muffled sound the dispatched had.

Someone that should have been there (IMO), but wasn't...someone that is connected to the family by "affiliation", not blood...someone who (along with their family) seems to have disappeared from media, FB comments, condolences, prayers, funerals, etc, and should be grieving the loss of a loved one...someone in hiding...someone with high-ranking military family...someone with family involved in "cleaning up" drugs and has involvement with LE...someone involved in the derby circuit...someone (or family) with employment connections to the victims...

All of these have been speculated as theories in finding the killer/s, and there IS someone that I feel is somehow involved (not saying the killer)!!! Where is he and his family, and why are they not outwardly expressing their sorrow for the loss of a "loved" one? I don't think I can place names or details due to the terms for posting, and please delete if this post is not allowed.

I feel there is some connection between the murders and this person and his family, just not sure how! The timing of it and him not being there got me from day 1!

Almost everyone I know, even in the big cities, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati as well as the suburbs in Ohio own guns, hunting and for protection. I think many DO own guns even if they live in the city.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My entire family lives in the suburbs of Cleveland, and not one of them on a gun.

Of course, California is very different. Concealed carry is illegal here. Open carry is DEFINITELY illegal here. So it's just a totally different world for me to read posters saying they never leave home without their gun. Only criminals do that here. Literally, if you carried a gun around in your purse, you would be a criminal, because it is illegal.

Again, it is just fascinating to read about our cultural differences. We are all Americans, but we are very different.

Leonard said early in this interview that he lives a half mile from CR Sr. and that his son went to Dana's. I just noticed in this that he said BJM CAME TO GET HIM after finding FR and HG, then CR Sr and GR. - starting 2:40

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

Leonard lives 1/2 mile from Dana and 1 1/2 mile from Chris. I can't post the map because of TOS but that's a fact. On the road it is Leonard, then Dana and then Chris. 1 1/2 miles from Leonards to Chris- not walking distance from Leonards to Chris's in this type situation.

I thought maybe she was saying something like, "Jesus help me." Does anyone else hear that?

P.S. Hello! This is my first post. I've been reading Websleuths for years, but I never had the proper type of email address to register, and then I had a lot of problems trying to register with a different type, so I just lurked and read. I'm happy to have finally officially joined. This case in particular motivated me to try again. What a horrible tragedy.

To me the "good job" sounds like it is at the 911 dispatch. It sounds different than when BJM was speaking. More like the sound from the 911 side of the call.
I think that is possible. I don't think the operator said it. Perhaps it was a supervisor.

Wait a minute.. People can't get a conceal carry permit in CA?

I hear 'please don't hurt' me also on the 911 call but, why in the hell after killing 8 members of the same family would the killers allow BJ to live?, it doesnt make sense no matter how i look at it.

Because the killers are long gone?

We have all "heard" this but if you ,now go back and re-listen it hits you diff!

---"those that were carrying it out were doing everything they could to do to hinder the investigation, and their prosecution".

I also noticed he used "they" in every statement

Doing everything they could do - indicates a skill set that most would not have.
Who would know most about how prosection in Pike rumbles along.

We have what - family member/drug dealer/ mob like hit/LE.

Mob like hit IMO would not fire 32 times IMO so would not really have a need to do everything they could do..... (they leave)

A drug dealer, I would doubt would have the skill set that includes a knowledge base to hinder the investigation

Family member doubt there are aware of the intrinsic nature of 2016 crime techniques

LE.......................................moo

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/coul...te-shatter-be-related-to-pike-county-killings

On this link starting at 13:00 a reporter asks a question, I cant hear it. But in his answer - he did the no comment .............waited a couple of seconds and said "I would not read anything into that"

Can any of you hear what the question was?The fact that he went back and expanded his answer makes me wonder what the question asked was TIA

I thought maybe she was saying something like, "Jesus help me." Does anyone else hear that?

P.S. Hello! This is my first post. I've been reading Websleuths for years, but I never had the proper type of email address to register, and then I had a lot of problems trying to register with a different type, so I just lurked and read. I'm happy to have finally officially joined. This case in particular motivated me to try again. What a horrible tragedy.

:welcome: Glad to finally have you aboard. Look forward to your thoughts.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

"Bobby Jo discovered Chris Sr., Gary, Frankie and Gilley. Her older brother, James Manley, found his sister before he backed out of the trailer, where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden were, family members said."

Maybe James was near Bobbi, or approaching her.
I can't fit this statement above into the scenario.
The sentence doesn't make sense to me.
Also, we haven't heard anything more of James.

Regardless, on the 911 Bobbi sounds completely terrified. I believe whatever she said at the end was more like a prayer. Bobbie had to feel scared and exposed standing at the mailbox waiting.

I would have wanted to run to someone's house.

Also interesting, in the article. Apparently the LE felt Bobbie had been at the house earlier than she told them.
""The Pike County Sheriff's wanted to ask me the same questions the BCI did,'' she said, adding that investigators seem to be fixated on when she found the bodies. They said it was earlier, Bobby Jo says. But she said, she went there around 7 a.m."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member