OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all "heard" this but if you ,now go back and re-listen it hits you diff!

---"those that were carrying it out were doing everything they could to do to hinder the investigation, and their prosecution".

I also noticed he used "they" in every statement

Doing everything they could do - indicates a skill set that most would not have.
Who would know most about how prosection in Pike rumbles along.

We have what - family member/drug dealer/ mob like hit/LE.

Mob like hit IMO would not fire 32 times IMO so would not really have a need to do everything they could do..... (they leave)

A drug dealer, I would doubt would have the skill set that includes a knowledge base to hinder a major investigation

Family member doubt there are aware of the intrinsic nature of 2016 crime techniques....(fiber dna etc)

LE.......................................moo

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/coul...te-shatter-be-related-to-pike-county-killings

On this link starting at 13:00 a reporter asks a question, I cant hear it. But in his answer - he did the no comment .............waited a couple of seconds and said "I would not read anything into that"

Can any of you hear what the question was?The fact that he went back and expanded his answer makes me wonder what the question asked was TIA

If it was an open casket ???? then I am leaning towards a small caliber riffle like a .22 which might explain why so many shots were used if people woke up

That is exactly what I think and said in a previous post. I do not think a handgun was used, but if it was, I think small caliber.

Wait a minute.. People can't get a conceal carry permit in CA?

Actually, I just looked this up because you made me question it. Apparently you can in the rest of the state of California, but it is very difficult. But in Los Angeles, you cannot.

The issuance of licenses enabling a private citizen to carry a concealed weapon is of great concern to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The Department's overriding policy is that no concealed weapon license should be granted.

You'll have to trust me, but that just isn't a thing here.

Off topic….Not to sound too sentimental, and I reaaaalllllly don't want to go there or have this a topic or debate because it's polarizing but just sayin - I've found this thread very interesting on the attitude and culture towards guns and gun control.

I've learned that it's not so black and white. I don't think I know one person who owns a firearm, and it's so foreign to me to understand why in the world it's necessary but after hearing so many personal stories, backgrounds and reasonings other than what I read in a history book/internet, hear on the news or what the media says I'm now seeing it that's it's definitely not cut and dry and really depends where you're born, raised and live. It's definitely a gray area and not black and white.

So thanks to everyone sharing their stories. We all have different cultures, environments and attitudes so it's good to come here and hear both sides of the coin. We can all learn something from each other here, at least I hope.

I was thinking this morning why I have a gun. I have a hand gun and a rifle. (which is also what I think they will find was used at the crime scenes). I don't even really have them for protection. As I said earlier in the threads this is not a Saturday night special gang armed drive by shooting type of area- at all. And although I know that's out there, it is as foreign to me as living in Appalachia may be to others. We have deer season here. Turkey season. I don't hunt but most do. They put pictures in the newspaper (published once a week) of kids when they get their first deer. Animal rights folks will come up here and write a letter to the paper saying how awful this is- and the locals will tell them to just go ahead and get the heck out of here- we are not changing our way of life. Hunting is not sport- it is survival. People are putting food on the table.
We have black bear. They are not friendly and you really don't want to come across one. I'll post a picture here of one in my truck. I'm not going to shoot one for being in my truck getting trash- but if it goes after my dog, I will. I raise chickens to lay eggs. We have red fox. If a fox gets in my hen house, I am going to shoot it. I have a large garden. If birds or rabbits get in my garden, I am going to shoot them.

I think a lot of people think we want to keep our guns so we can shoot people. I was thinking that I cannot recall anyone here being shot in a drive by shooting ever. We have had a few crimes like this where someone killed someone else over pot growing, or money, or family disputes- but there was only one victim and not eight- which is what I think sets this crime apart from so many others that DO happen in Appalachia a lot. 10399903_113862276547_925775_n.jpg10399903_113862291547_4645196_n.jpg10399903_113862331547_2679337_n.jpg10399903_113862391547_3984717_n.jpg

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

"Bobby Jo discovered Chris Sr., Gary, Frankie and Gilley. Her older brother, James Manley, found his sister before he backed out of the trailer, where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden were, family members said."

Maybe James was near Bobbi, or approaching her.
I can't fit this statement above into the scenario.
The sentence doesn't make sense to me.
Also, we haven't heard anything more of James.

Regardless, on the 911 Bobbi sounds completely terrified. I believe whatever she said at the end was more like a prayer. Bobbie had to feel scared and exposed standing at the mailbox waiting.

I would have wanted to run to someone's house.

Also interesting, in the article. Apparently the LE felt Bobbie had been at the house earlier than she told them.
""The Pike County Sheriff's wanted to ask me the same questions the BCI did,'' she said, adding that investigators seem to be fixated on when she found the bodies. They said it was earlier, Bobby Jo says. But she said, she went there around 7 a.m."

If she arrived at 7am, WHY DIDN'T SHE CALL 9-11 UNTIL 7:49? I know we have discussed this. But seriously, can we discuss it more?

How long does it take to feed a few dogs and chickens? 10 minutes TOPS?

actually, i just looked this up because you made me question it. Apparently you can in the rest of the state of california, but it is very difficult. But in los angeles, you cannot.

The issuance of licenses enabling a private citizen to carry a concealed weapon is of great concern to the los angeles county sheriff's department. The department's overriding policy is that no concealed weapon license should be granted.

You'll have to trust me, but that just isn't a thing here.
wow..

I was thinking this morning why I have a gun. I have a hand gun and a rifle. (which is also what I think they will find was used at the crime scenes). I don't even really have them for protection. As I said earlier in the threads this is not a Saturday night special gang armed drive by shooting type of area- at all. And although I know that's out there, it is as foreign to me as living in Appalachia may be to others. We have deer season here. Turkey season. I don't hunt but most do. They put pictures in the newspaper (published once a week) of kids when they get their first deer. Animal rights folks will come up here and write a letter to the paper saying how awful this is- and the locals will tell them to just go ahead and get the heck out of here- we are not changing our way of life. Hunting is not sport- it is survival. People are putting food on the table.
We have black bear. They are not friendly and you really don't want to come across one. I'll post a picture here of one in my truck. I'm not going to shoot one for being in my truck getting trash- but if it goes after my dog, I will. I raise chickens to lay eggs. We have red fox. If a fox gets in my hen house, I am going to shoot it. I have a large garden. If birds or rabbits get in my garden, I am going to shoot them.

I think a lot of people think we want to keep our guns so we can shoot people. I was thinking that I cannot recall anyone here being shot in a drive by shooting ever. We have had a few crimes like this where someone killed someone else over pot growing, or money, or family disputes- but there was only one victim and not eight- which is what I think sets this crime apart from so many others that DO happen in Appalachia a lot. View attachment 93210View attachment 93211View attachment 93212View attachment 93213

Off topic, but your bear pictures are SO COOL. Thanks for sharing. And again, I want to say that I really appreciate this conversation and people from different areas sharing details about their ways of life. I would personally never own a gun (no need in a gated/guarded community in Calabasas), but I totally respect your reasons for doing so. If others choose to own guns for protection, or hunting, or whatever, I have no issue with that whatsoever. I have learned a lot from this thread. Kind of makes me want to visit Appalachia, drive around and see the beautiful sky at night!

If she arrived at 7am, WHY DIDN'T SHE CALL 9-11 UNTIL 7:49? I know we have discussed this. But seriously, can we discuss it more?

How long does it take to feed a few dogs and chickens? 10 minutes TOPS?
Did she actually feed them? Feeding chickens, even in a house or coup can take a while, there is more that goes with it. If you actually have chickens and not just roosters, you have to pick up eggs, then there is water, then pick up any they may have died.

It could easily take 30 mins or more, depending on how many they had and how far you had to walk. You have to keep animal food and feed put up or rats and other animals will get in it, so you also have to carry it to the location.

Off topic, but your bear pictures are SO COOL. Thanks for sharing. And again, I want to say that I really appreciate this conversation and people from different areas sharing details about their ways of life. I would personally never own a gun (no need in a gated/guarded community in Calabasas), but I totally respect your reasons for doing so. If others choose to own guns for protection, or hunting, or whatever, I have no issue with that whatsoever. I have learned a lot from this thread. Kind of makes me want to visit Appalachia, drive around and see the beautiful sky at night!
If you have never seen a country, truly way out in the country, sky at night, you have no idea how many stars you can clearly see in the sky.

Did she actually feed them? Feeding chickens, even on a house or coup can take a while, there is more that goes with it. If you actually have chickens and not just roosters, you have to pick up eggs, then there is water, then pick up any they may have died.

It could easily take 30 mins or more, depending on how many they had and how far you had to walk. You have to keep animal food and feed put up or rats and other animals will get in it, so you also ha E to carry it to the location.

That's a good question. In fact, now that I think of it -- where did the chicken story even come from? In the first days, we were told that her job was to feed the dogs. DOGS. No chickens. We all wondered why Chris couldn't just feed his own dogs. Then as the days went on, the story evolved into her also being responsible for feeding chickens. Did she tell us that? Did Leonard?

I am speculating.
Please add your ideas and discussion.

Law enforcement has probably issued search warrants for:

Credit card records & Bank Records of all family, others.

I say 'all family' as a research tool, NOT as an accusation. Research to find out who they may have been interacting with, etc.

I'm sure there is much more.
The task of sorting out all weapons owned by those at the locations and others is huge.

All this makes the task and time frame of discovery seem daunting.

I'll add there won't be many credit card records. These folks deal in cash. And a LOT of transactions are going to be done on a hand shake. I own a business and when I first opened a lot was done with locals on a hand shake- they always come back and pay- always. Then our area got busy with tourism and folks from the city give you fake credit cards, fake names and try to do anything they can to rip you off. I def treat locals differently than I treat an outsider in terms of money.

In researching the victims credit and court records, you will find foreclosures and bad debts against companies like Sears (these are the victims and not any living family members). Folks will look at banks and Sears as big corporations that can afford a loss. They will pay their neighbors back because they know they can't afford a loss or it will damage their families reputation. If Billy Bob can't pay Roy for the cow he got, a family member will step in and pay it. There will be no transaction paperwork. This would apply to a lot of things- selling tractors and farm machinery, guns, 4 wheelers etc.

If you have never seen a country, truly way out in the country, sky at night, you have no idea how many stars you can clearly see in the sky.

Off topic (again), but last year my husband and I rented a cabin in Monument Valley, Utah. He woke me up at 2 am and made me go outside to look at the stars. It was FREEZING. (Not even joking, it was around -8 degrees.) But we sat outside forever watching the sky. It was so cool. I have never seen so many stars (and shooting stars) in my life. It would be amazing to live somewhere where the sky looks like that every night. But then again, I live within 5 miles of 6 different Target stores. Target is my happy place. So I need a good Target, AND stars. LOL.

That's a good question. In fact, now that I think of it -- where did the chicken story even come from? In the first days, we were told that her job was to feed the dogs. DOGS. No chickens. We all wondered why Chris couldn't just feed his own dogs. Then as the days went on, the story evolved into her also being responsible for feeding chickens. Did she tell us that? Did Leonard?
I don't think she said dogs but maybe "animals" possibly. I assumed they had chickens, but then we started discovering the fighting roosters. There is also more to that, they are expensive and taken care if.

My step brother has about 30 chickens, one small coup for babies, the others run around in the fenced yard and two ducks. I have fed them for him and just to scatter feed and water will take me 20-30 mins.

Did she actually feed them? Feeding chickens, even in a house or coup can take a while, there is more that goes with it. If you actually have chickens and not just roosters, you have to pick up eggs, then there is water, then pick up any they may have died.

It could easily take 30 mins or more, depending on how many they had and how far you had to walk. You have to keep animal food and feed put up or rats and other animals will get in it, so you also have to carry it to the location.

Why, upon arriving, would she need to enter Chris's home. I'd think it unlikely that chicken feed and dog food were in his home....maybe in her car,tho. And no outdoor water source (spigot?). ???? What was her purpose in entering the home ? JMO

Did she actually feed them? Feeding chickens, even on a house or coup can take a while, there is more that goes with it. If you actually have chickens and not just roosters, you have to pick up eggs, then there is water, then pick up any they may have died.

It could easily take 30 mins or more, depending on how many they had and how far you had to walk. You have to keep animal food and feed put up or rats and other animals will get in it, so you also ha E to carry it to the location.

Also they have to stay on a feed with antibiotics. Between jobs I worked for a feed store and we had to order specific feeds for them. What most don't realize is that they are also fed dog food because it supposedly makes them more vicious. So with fighting *advertiser censored* it's not as simple as throwing them a can of feed, it's more time consuming.

I agree, it could take some time to feed. There were many Rooster "huts" all spread out.
And if there were chickens to feed and eggs to gather.
And especially if part of her job was to turn on the grow lights and water. ?
She may have been doing these tasks on automatic pilot, as most do in the early morning. Hardly looking around. Moving slowly.
This job doesn't require much thinking.
At some point she must have realized the Dogs were not there. I assume that is why she went to the house, to see why.

Why, upon arriving, would she need to enter Chris's home. I'd think it unlikely that chicken feed and dog food were in his home....maybe in her car,tho. And no outdoor water source (spigot?). ???? What was her purpose in entering the home ? JMO
It was probably in an outbuilding or barn. It wouldn't be unusual for her to stop and visit with any or all of them, could have been routine.

Also could have been usually everyone is up and gone at that time and it was obvious they weren't or Frankie's house had indication of entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli