OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coon hounds were there, chained up. I didn't see the pits or the wolf dog. There would be no reason for the perps to go near the chained dogs so no reason for the chained dogs to tear them up. If the pits and wolf dog were loose then I can see how they would tear them up, and if they weren't there, then the perp probably had contact with them IMO.

Would the coon dogs howl at family OR strangers? Also, I think that Leonard was talking about dogs that were at Dana's house. Dana's dogs? And he said they had to know the person or else they would have attacked. But Dana's house is a ways away from Chris's and Frankies........very confusing re: dogs, lol. Who all had dogs and where did the dogs live? Did Chris have dogs OTHER than the coon hounds?........................aaaargh

I thought maybe she was saying something like, "Jesus help me." Does anyone else hear that?

P.S. Hello! This is my first post. I've been reading Websleuths for years, but I never had the proper type of email address to register, and then I had a lot of problems trying to register with a different type, so I just lurked and read. I'm happy to have finally officially joined. This case in particular motivated me to try again. What a horrible tragedy.

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we try to make a timeline? Everyone feel free to pitch in.

11pm Thursday night: Dana arrives home from work

Around 5:00 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

1:20 pm (not sure if this is correct): Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

What else?

Not sure how accurate it is, but Dana was supposedly on social media until 2-something a.m.

That makes sense. But he still had a $50,000 Mustang. Maybe more. Does anyone have specs on that thing? If it is a Roush or Saleen it could be a $80,000 Mustang. This is a 20 year old kid with two babies to support and no job. And a LOT of conflict surrounding him. I think Frankie got too flashy for some people. My gut is telling me he is at the center. (Of course, this will probably change by 3pm).
They had family jobs really. It is different. The salvage shop, the cars they were selling, don't know how long the pot stuff could be happening, selling dogs, roosters, betting and fighting roosters. There is always a possibility of government assistance, it just depends on if they were a generational family that only knew that.

Couple things to remember.. They would live more like a compound and I hate to use that word due to it sounding negative, but can't think of a better one right now. Shared resources and shared responsibilities and working. Also many groups like this, they don't plan past next week. Their land and houses are paid for, if they make enough money for this month or this week, they could lay off until they need more money, there generally isn't much future worry.

Also many people like this are perfect for "pick up jobs" as needed. He could have always gone and worked at the resort when he needed money. Insurance, every month's mortgage payment, retirement, saving for college for kids, etc.. Not a priority for the majority of this culture and it doesn't stress them out. You get in a bind, you go to your great aunt or third cousin, family will help you out.

But, raising and selling dogs can bring in a good bit of money, selling those roosters could really bring in money, as could the pot.

Not sure how accurate it is, but Dana was supposedly on social media until 2-something a.m.

I've heard that, too. I wonder if we can verify it? I don't spend much time on Facebook, but others do.

It would be important to the timeline.

Can someone here who has seen this find a link or screen capture to verify? Thanks!

That makes sense. But he still had a $50,000 Mustang. Maybe more. Does anyone have specs on that thing? If it is a Roush or Saleen it could be a $80,000 Mustang. This is a 20 year old kid with two babies to support and no job. And a LOT of conflict surrounding him. I think Frankie got too flashy for some people. My gut is telling me he is at the center. (Of course, this will probably change by 3pm).
This kind of thing also isn't unusual to see in actual farmers. They operate in cash and will put down $100K cash for farm equipment.

My uncle raised cows that he sold for a lot, farm money came in spurts, as did his house building.

Off topic, but your bear pictures are SO COOL. Thanks for sharing. And again, I want to say that I really appreciate this conversation and people from different areas sharing details about their ways of life. I would personally never own a gun (no need in a gated/guarded community in Calabasas), but I totally respect your reasons for doing so. If others choose to own guns for protection, or hunting, or whatever, I have no issue with that whatsoever. I have learned a lot from this thread. Kind of makes me want to visit Appalachia, drive around and see the beautiful sky at night!

It is gorgeous here. I am in the mountains, it's so green you would be amazed. I live in a podunk town in North Georgia on the Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina border. Atlanta is 90 miles south. Chattanooga is 90 miles to the west. And yes- this is "banjo" territory :) And Atlanta is so foreign to me if I go down there I am a fish out of water. We have one red light and a few stop signs. Believe it or not, I am in tourism and rent rental cabins. We have a lot of folks that come to fish and come to the mountains to get away from the city. And they are fine as long as they stay in their lane- we need their money. But we are treated like red necks and hillbillies and like we are second class citizens to them. If I see someone driving a Cadillac Escalade around, I know they are not a local. Someone with a truck with a couple of dogs in the bed- that's going to be a local. And we have a Sheriff that's terrific here but there is a lot of hillbilly justice- folks will take care of themselves before they'll bring in the Sheriff.

I have another picture of my next door neighbor with his bear- but its dead and I don't think I can post it. Once a year they allow bear hunting to think them out. People feed them and they lose their fear of man and become a nuisance- killing peoples dogs etc. He got the biggest bear on record in Georgia and the picture made the newspaper. If I'm allowed to I will post the picture???

Does hiccup guy sound transplanted to anyone besides me? http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/us/ohio-family-killed-marijuana/

I would be happy to know the true location of all the dogs. And put it to rest.
I did see, as you state, some dogs tied or chained. I thought they were the hunting dogs.
Supposedly there were pit bulls and a wolf type. I didn't see them.
It is not likely that the "Family" or Guard Dogs were chained. At least that is not how farm/ rural Families
that I know locally do it. Those Dogs run free.
Just saying it is possible.
Too much information is being kept from us.
Those did look like coons and chained up like hunting dogs. Guard dogs wouldn't be chained up unless LE did it, but those looked like hunting dogs to me, they were also very calm with strangers near them.

No, that is not at all what I said. Where did I use the word "only"? I said that since no concealed carry permits are issued in LA County - if you are concealed carrying, you are breaking the law. That is a FACT. I am not going to get into a gun debate. I already said to-each-his-own and I respect everyone's personal choices about whether or not to own guns.

Times have changed in LA County. They are now issuing CC's. My son has a legal concealed carry permit for LA County.

Can we try to make a timeline? Everyone feel free to pitch in.

11pm Thursday night: Dana arrives home from work

Around 5:00 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

1:20 pm (not sure if this is correct): Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

What else?

I'll be happy to help. Will be away for a little bit, but will check in when I get back.

The beauty of a salvage title is you get to drive what looks like a $50,000 Mustang and you paid $2,000 or less. Another $2-6k in parts, repair it yourself (with family) and voila. If you happen to get one with heavy front end damage and one with heavy rear end damage you're all set for parts and for less than 5 grand and some elbow grease you're in a new looking Mustang.
I don't know that his car had a salvage title, but it could explain it.

No, that is not at all what I said. Where did I use the word "only"? I said that since no concealed carry permits are issued in LA County - if you are concealed carrying, you are breaking the law. That is a FACT. I am not going to get into a gun debate. I already said to-each-his-own and I respect everyone's personal choices about whether or not to own guns.
Well by default, that means only the criminals are carrying concealed. That's the point about more gun control.. Criminals don't care if the law is no conceal carry, they will do it.

Did she actually feed them? Feeding chickens, even in a house or coup can take a while, there is more that goes with it. If you actually have chickens and not just roosters, you have to pick up eggs, then there is water, then pick up any they may have died.

It could easily take 30 mins or more, depending on how many they had and how far you had to walk. You have to keep animal food and feed put up or rats and other animals will get in it, so you also have to carry it to the location.
I assume she went down, found Frankie, got the kids, went to Chris's. Drove back to Leonards, dropped the kids off, told them what she found, went back to Dana's. Found Dana. Went back to Chris's with her dad and brother and then called. That would take 49 minutes.

I've heard that, too. I wonder if we can verify it? I don't spend much time on Facebook, but others do.

Can someone here who has seen this find a link or screen capture to verify? Thanks!

This came from that gossip site that can't be mentioned. I have been reading over there. The woman who said it said that she is friends with Dana, so she can see things that others can't. MANY people asked her for a screenshot, but she never posted it. I think we have to consider this a false rumor unless someone who is actually on Dana's friends list can produce a screenshot.

It can't be verified because I have searched, if she posted on her page it was a friends only post.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/coul...ngs#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/KHt1EY7sRX

This article speaks of "shatter" and the need for hazmat suits.
Confirming photo of hazmat suits entering structure on Union Hill Rd. Day 1 of investigation.

If you are talking about the third picture down the page, those are not hazmat suits. I used to be a hazmat tech certified when I was on our local FD. Hazmat suits are much bulkier and would have had full SCBA and head covering. What is shown in the third picture down are 'clean suits', They are used to 1) keep investigators from contaminating the scene with their street clothes and 2) keep any blood, etc. off of their street clothes. The suits are removed after an investigation, bagged and tagged into evidence.

I assume she went down, found Frankie, got the kids, went to Chris's. Drove back to Leonards, dropped the kids off, told them what she found, went back to Dana's. Found Dana. Went back to Chris's with her dad and brother and then called. That would take 49 minutes.

She doesn't owe us a detailed explanation, but she does need to be truthful to investigators......something about her original statements (911call?) or something, didn't seem to jive with investigators, which is why they paid the Manley family a rude visit at 3am....JMO

I think you'd be surprised at how many people in LA County are legally carrying a concealed weapon. They do issue permits, on a "may issue" basis. That means the sheriff may issue a license based on the application. If you were to live or work regularly in high crime areas, especially if you had been previously robbed or assaulted, and meet all the requirements they are likely to give you a permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14