OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities handling the aftermath of the Pike County mass murder have had little to say about the details of the carnage, which left eight family members dead last Friday. Without facts, rumors and theories swirl.

Reporters at Gannett Ohio have attempted to cut through this fog by exploring several rumors.

Here’s some we’ve checked out:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ut-top-rumors-pike-county-shootings/83618036/

Yeah yeah, I know it is "old" article from yesterday. But I just now had a chance to read it.

Almost everyone I know, even in the big cities, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati as well as the suburbs in Ohio own guns, hunting and for protection. I think many DO own guns even if they live in the city.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm sure some of the families of my classmates where I grew up had hunting rifles but guns were definitely not a "culture" there. We were a mixture of Air Force brats and farm kids

I hear 'please don't hurt' me also on the 911 call but, why in the hell after killing 8 members of the same family would the killers allow BJ to live?, it doesnt make sense no matter how i look at it.

Like... there's really no new details. 8 people got shot and killed. There's little evidence who did it. They don't even know how many people, who, what or when. There's no details to release yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear 'please don't hurt' me also on the 911 call but, why in the hell after killing 8 members of the same family would the killers allow BJ to live?, it doesnt make sense no matter how i look at it.

In reply to my on post, the only way i could see that happening is if BJ was to gain in some way from the deaths and she was in on it, killers then cant kill her because they then wouldnt get their cut of whatever it was?. Maybe she knows where all the cash is hidden?.

I have lived many years on the west coast but I still use all the Mississippi Delta expressions I grew up with. .My favorite is;you can say what you want about 'anybody' as long as you end your sentence with a 'bless their heart'. This acknowledges that deep down you care for them 'warts and all'.

:cow:

I assume MS is the same as AL with this.. If the only response we give is "bless your heart" you are basically calling them stupid in a nice way or you are giving them a strong suggestion if what they can do to themselves, in a very nice way lol. Thanks to social media this way of insulting isn't as much of a secret anymore. When we would ask my granny if we could so something complete stupid that we should know better than being allowed to do, she would say "bless your heart". We were teens before we realized she wasn't being loving to us but was making a comment about how stupid our thinking was lol.

I listen to the 911 tape again (the version posted on the AG office's website). At the very end, after "please, don't hurt me", you hear
a voice saying "good job". Who says this? Is Bobby at this point still connected to 911?

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...E-Pike-County-Multiple-Homicide-Investigation
I just listened on my phone while sitting at the light. When I get home I need to get my headphones and also listen on my computer, but even sitting with the top down on my car, it sounded like I heard that too.

LOL I say "bless your heart" in two ways, one is I feel really bad if someone's been hurt, and another is if a person's said something stupid, and I'm telling them, "What you said is really stupid and you should feel stupid". :)
Hahaha! Just reading yours after I posted about the OP post about this. What area do you live in?

In reply to my on post, the only way i could see that happening is if BJ was to gain in some way from the deaths and she was in on it, killers then cant kill her because they then wouldnt get their cut of whatever it was?. Maybe she knows where all the cash is hidden?.

It's hard to imagine anyone would allow their sister, niece, nephew, etc. to be killed for some money. It would take a pretty depraved, sociopathic person to do that and, IMO, neither BJ nor her father fit that profile. I can't imagine her colluding with people to kill her family, including putting the small children and infant at risk as well.

I do think they have suspicions about who did it and why, but didn't have advance knowledge and definitely weren't in on it, nor could they have prevented it. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and is lucky she wasn't a victim, too. I fully understand why she and other family members are terrified. I wish the FBI would provide the funds to put them in witness protection temporarily.

I listen to the 911 tape again (the version posted on the AG office's website). At the very end, after "please, don't hurt me", you hear
a voice saying "good job". Who says this? Is Bobby at this point still connected to 911?

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...E-Pike-County-Multiple-Homicide-Investigation

There's definitely someone with her. (JMO) I've listened to the 911 call several times and it does sound like "please don't hurt me" at the end. But the first time I listened to it I thought she said "please come hurry" but the more I listen to it, it doesn't sound like she's saying it directly in the phone.. Like she's saying it to someone there. I don't think she's talking to herself though. Very strange.

Edited to add- I'm going to have my husband listen to it and see what he thinks she says. He hasn't heard it yet and hasn't read any of the transcripts.

Gotcha, we get stereotyped galore in Canada as well.... We all don't live in igloos, it's not always snowing (where I live we rarely get snow even in winter) and I don't even like hockey.

But do you say 'eh' at the end of every sentence? (just kidding you :laughing: )

LOL I say "bless your heart" in two ways, one is I feel really bad if someone's been hurt, and another is if a person's said something stupid, and I'm telling them, "What you said is really stupid and you should feel stupid". :)

Interesting. Where I grew up, when someone said it, they meant it in a completely kind and honest way. Funny how expressions and social courtesies vary so much from one region to another. It's what makes us unique, gives areas their local flavor.

Interesting. Where I grew up, when someone said it, they meant it in a completely kind and honest way. Funny how expressions and social courtesies vary so much from one region to another. It's what makes us unique, gives areas their local flavor.

Now my Grandma would say bless your heart and mean it only the nice way. lol

Gotcha, we get stereotyped galore in Canada as well.... We all don't live in igloos, it's not always snowing (where I live we rarely get snow even in winter) and I don't even like hockey.

One of the things I've enjoyed about being "transplanted" to the US north coast is spending time in Canada. Canadians are the nicest, friendliest people. Beautiful country, clean cities, less crime than in the US.

If it was an open casket ???? then I am leaning towards a small caliber riffle like a .22 which might explain why so many shots were used if people woke up

Can anyone link to the video where Kenny the father said "open casket"? I can't find it anywhere. TIA

Well, it seems to me that Bobby was not alone when she made the phone call. There are several hints of that:
1. She says "...when WE got here..."
2. She says "please, don't hurt me"
3. There is another voice on the tape that doesn't seem to be Bobby or the 911 operator saying "good job"

I think there were other people already there, perhaps her father or a brother. Whoever was there decided
it would be best if Bobby would make the 911 call. When she said "please don't hurt me" she might have been
afraid that the other(s) did not approve of how she handled the 911 call, but they thought it was a "good job".
For some reason, when she started crying and saying "please don't hurt me" she thought she was already disconnected
from 911. I don't think the people with her were responsible for the murders, or at least not all of them. But they wanted
some time to rid the murder scenes of evidence. Perhaps evidence of pot growing and other illegal activities, perhaps
evidence of a murder (which possibly might be retaliation).

Now my Grandma would say bless your heart and mean it only the nice way. lol
If we say "bless your pea pickin' heart" then that is really nasty in what it is telling you to do.

Also here, "fixing" as in fixin' is "getting ready to do something" lol

That is a bad one for me, I catch myself, sometimes don't catch myself, using it in professional speak all the time.

She starts it off with "we walked to the mailbox". Who's "We" if no one else was there?

I should be more clear... I meant nobody that would harm her, since nobody did. I think she realized she is part of the same business that got everybody killed and was totally panicking. My own (perhaps wrong) opinion is that the killers are not on LE radar or in the system and will never be found. There is a good chance I'm wrong because I usually am. :)

BJM 911 call

"please come - Hurry" or "please don't hurt me"

It does sound to me more like she says please don't hurt me. But it is really difficult to hear many of her words in this call. She sounds as if she is hyperventilating throughout. Which is understandable. I wonder if she saw or heard something in that moment of the call which caused her to wonder if the killers may still be near and so half talking to herself half speaking to anyone who may be around she said please don't hurt me.

I do not suspect the killers were there and that is who she may have uttered those words to.

I think it more likely it was a stream of conscious utterance that gives an idea of how panicked and just plain freaked out she was.

If I had found family members dead in a bloody scene I would imagine eventually, through the horror, the idea that the killer could be watching you right now or still be near would occur to me. just thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmb9201