OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to determine this and haven't been able to figure it out. Bobby Jo was not very active at all on FB. Dana was very active, and always telling everyone in the family that she loved them. She seems very sweet. But Bobby Jo has left us very few public clues about her personality.

Someone posted about her past anger management issues she had to get help for as well, that doesn't help paint her well.

I don't know how WV got included in this ....Yes we have drug problems in our state too,as every state has. Also we help out each other . But i'm looking for the tie in. Do they have family here or are you saying mentality? Hillbilly? yes we are and thank you very much for realizing ...its not a bad thing!

WV got brought into this because there was a big-time gamecock player just across the KY/WV line who was busted by an 'anonymous tip' less than two weeks prior to the murders. This happened just 2 hours South of the Piketon sites and 1 hour South of where Gary Rhoden lived. I personally think that this may be the whole story in a nutshell and would explain most all of the known details.

My thoughts today

1. Did Hannah do anything that would cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

2. Did Hanna do anything that would cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

3. Did Chris Jr cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

4. Frankie

5. Gary

6. Dana

7. Chris Sr

The killing of Kenneth is what is interesting to me, what's the link? Other Rhodens and Manleys lived in the area. Why not them too?

Someone goes up/down a road and kills 7 people why not every Rhoden Manley on the road? Why pass over others to travel 6-8 miles to kill Kenneth? Was he the first or last?

Why was Kenneth killed?

Lots of questions

Also IMO

I don't see anything wrong with BJs 911 call, she answered the who, what, where as the operator asked. She didn't have to tell a story, she needed someone out there immediately. Also I doubt she knew that as soon as operator heard the address help was on the way. I can't imagine what was going on in her mind. Shock, panic, adrenalin, fear etc. The fact she didn't say shot tells me she didn't know how they died just that Chris Sr looked like he was beat to hell.

She was standing there seeing it, operator didn't have a clue what was going on, if operator had more questions I believe she would have answered them. Like why she went into the house to begin with. ie eggs, cleaning, talking to SR, who knows.

I believe anything Mr Manley said was referring to Dana's only, dogs and what ever else he said. He was clearly upset that the truck was towed and I believe they were told it was ok to leave there. I am surprised they allowed BJ to take her car if they in fact did. I dunno.

That's all I have, after all this I'm having trouble remembering my name and address. Old age I reckon.

Hoping LE is getting some tests back by now and an arrest will be made soon. The families/community need answers. Not me.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Dana moving might have been taken as choosing sides. Perhaps others that might have been in on all this found themselves cut out. Maybe because they were drawing too much attention or something. The move might have been tightening the circle so to speak.

Maybe they were just mad because her ex husband bought her a $60,000 piece of land/house. Maybe that person felt that THEY should be entitled to some of that money because they have been working hard all these years helping the Rhoden family. Hypothetically -- taking care of Clarence in his old age, feeding a bunch of animals at the crack of dawn. Why does SHE get a free house?! SHE is the EX?!

IMO, MOO, JMO.

And one other thing...then I will hush for a while. The supposed question of " how much did they pay you to kill your sister/family". I forgot the exact wording. Now, think about the type of person that one would have to be to even be asked that....I'm thinking you would have to have a reason to believe it was possible. So either that's one bad female or it really didn't happen as stated.
I can imagine them asking her that also if they thought she knew more and was hiding it. If she thought they suspected her that maybe that would be so bad she would tell other things she might not be sharing with them.

She doesn't owe us a detailed explanation, but she does need to be truthful to investigators......something about her original statements (911call?) or something, didn't seem to jive with investigators, which is why they paid the Manley family a rude visit at 3am....JMO

I personally think that any elusiveness from BJM was due to her knowing about and perhaps being involved in the grow op. The last thing you would want with a grow op is police showing up on scene. I would also not doubt that part of the 49 minutes was spent "cleaning up" evidence of the grow. She would absolutely want to minimize her involvement in every way possible to avoid prison.

Dana's house, 3 people supposedly killed in bed, had to use silencers.

And didn't the grandfather say look at custody?

How horrible the little kids are in state custody, why?

You just made me think of something. When Leonard said "look at custody" -- we all thought that it had to do with Hanna's 2 babies or Frankie's first baby. It never occurred to me until just now that maybe it was about Chris Jr. He was a minor too. Was there any custody dispute there? Probably not because both parents were killed. But it just popped into my head. Maybe family tensions boiled over about that. Maybe Chris wanted to live on his own but wasn't allowed to go live away from his family, with someone else....

Just trying to think outside of that freaking box! :)

IF she did indeed say " don't hurt me" at the end of the call.....could she have been talking to the killer/s?
IF someone said "good job", could it have been the killer/s telling her she did a good job on the call?
Could she have surprised the killers? Could they have even held a gun to her and made her let them into Chris' trailer with the key? Maybe she was forced to participate and after the 911 call, she feared they would kill her too.

Could they have killed Kenneth first....one man alone.
Then moved to Dana's and killed them....2 women and a teenager.
Then Frankie and Hannah....1 young man and a young woman.
Last was Chris and Gary....2 strong men.
Maybe they even knew Bobby would be coming and waited for her to let them into Gary's trailer, so as not to alarm two strong men and take them by surprise.
If they had already killed the rest and then forced Bobby to let them in, then she would not know about the others yet and that is why she didn't mention them on the call. I know Leonard indicated she went to Frankie's first, but too much is contradicted, so I take that with a grain of salt.

just some new thoughts....

But then why not kill her? Unless she were working with this killers, surely they would have killed her too. They already killed 8, why not one more?

The thing I keep coming back to is that Bobby Jo asked police to leave her alone. Police busted into her house at 3am and accused her of the murders. She said "they need to just leave us alone." These police also said the surviving family is at risk and that they should arm themselves. If I were Bobby Jo, or any surviving family member -- I would either get on the interstate and disappear into a new town, or stay and BEG the police to patrol my property 24-7 to protect me. She did neither. She stayed put (having no fear of being killed) and did not ask for police protection. She told them to leave her alone. To me, that is HUGELY telling.

WV got brought into this because there was a big-time gamecock player just across the KY/WV line who was busted by an 'anonymous tip' less than two weeks prior to the murders. This happened just 2 hours South of the Piketon sites and 1 hour South of where Gary Rhoden lived. I personally think that this may be the whole story in a nutshell and would explain most all of the known details.

Wait a minute.
Are we thinking the anonymous tip may have been made by Rhoden family, and murders are retribution?

I can imagine them asking her that also if they thought she knew more and was hiding it. If she thought they suspected her that maybe that would be so bad she would tell other things she might not be sharing with them.

I suppose. But it just seems like a very pointed question. I can see them asking her about the time to try to get more out of her. But asking her how much/etc , that's more than trying to get more info. That's a "hard" question. A going at someone question. It's also a question that is going to shut a smart person up and send them running to a lawyer.

I TOTALLY agree and have said this all along. Of all of them, I think Frankie would have had the most "messes" he was involved in. His "job" was making one deal after another deal to make money however he could. He may have done the brakes on someones car, gone to town to sell someone else a little pot, gone down to someone elses house to pick up his take on last nights rooster fight etc. I think he had his hat in many many rings.

He may well have po'd lots of people and been in plenty of messes but being only 20, I doubt he was in a leadership role within the "operation" (whatever that may be) that would have gotten them all killed. My bet is on one of the elder Rhodens being the main target.

Ok. Thank you. I believe you would know.
I was going by this quote from the article. But by now, I should realize these articles have misinformation.
"Officials investigating the Pike County slayings declined to comment, but Sgt. Greg Morgan with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Regional Enforcement Narcotics Unit explained the process for making shatter is similar to the process for making meth, so officials who investigate them wear protective hazmat suits.Footage from Chopper 9 shot on the day of the killings shows people wearing hazmat suits at one of the scenes."

Here is a link to BCI in hazmat suits going into a meth lab that was found in Union County Ohio.

https://lintvwdtn.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/web-pics-15.jpg?w=650

Compare to the white jumpsuits worn by the investigators in Piketon.

My thoughts today

1. Did Hannah do anything that would cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

2. Did Hanna do anything that would cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

3. Did Chris Jr cause Kenneth 6-8 miles away to be murdered?

4. Frankie

5. Gary

6. Dana

7. Chris Sr

The killing of Kenneth is what is interesting to me, what's the link? Other Rhodens and Manleys lived in the area. Why not them too?

Someone goes up/down a road and kills 7 people why not every Rhoden Manley on the road? Why pass over others to travel 6-8 miles to kill Kenneth? Was he the first or last?

Why was Kenneth killed?

Lots of questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good questions! I think that it is because Kenneth is a son of Clarence. Clarence had a very special relationship with his caregiver, yet that caregiver didn't inherit anything -- the boys inherited all that land. Two sons of Clarence were killed. Gary was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hannah was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dana was benefiting from the Clarence inheritance -- just got a new $60K house. Frankie, Hanna and Chris Jr. were next in line to inherit it all. I think someone felt cut out and got REALLY mad about that brand new house and all the nice things ("nice" to her) the family suddenly had.

I think the confusion with the what she said is based on the dialects. We have people from cities, from the country, from different countries. I heard "Please help me".... I will divulge as I had in a previous post that my grandparents live in Pennsylvania Appalachia country. However they speak "PA Dutch" which is basically broken German (not really but it's the best way to describe it). So I think we are all hearing different things because of different dialects. I think the consensus that I have been seeing is people who may not be as familiar with the dialect are hearing "please don't hurt me" but I think it's a regional misunderstanding. I in know way mean to offend anyone, and I'm not 100% what she is saying. Just thinking out loud.

I wondered if some were collateral damage/happened to me there. The little ones were spared but I wondered if some of the adults were killed because they could ID or give a description. jmo.

I've believed all along that most were killed because they could answer the question, "who was at Chris Sr.'s house last night".

I think the confusion with the what she said is based on the dialects. We have people from cities, from the country, from different countries. I heard "Please help me".... I will divulge as I had in a previous post that my grandparents live in Pennsylvania Appalachia country. However they speak "PA Dutch" which is basically broken German (not really but it's the best way to describe it). So I think we are all hearing different things because of different dialects. I think the consensus that I have been seeing is people who may not be as familiar with the dialect are hearing "please don't hurt me" but I think it's a regional misunderstanding. I in know way mean to offend anyone, and I'm not 100% what she is saying. Just thinking out loud.

I think you are spot on! I had a heck of a time understanding Leonard in that 5-minute rambling interview. I have watched that thing a dozen times! (I keep thinking I can get it because I did live in southern Ohio for 5 years and Northern Ohio for 20 years. But after 20 years in LA, I speak like a total Valley Girl. I think it is affecting my ears!) I have also listened to BJM's 911 call a zillion times. I think I pretty much have that one down, but I had to listen to it A LOT to understand it. My daughter keeps asking me WTH I am listening to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member