OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say if I found my family dead at two homes and family members dead at two other homes I would probably be in the same home with the remaining family members/friends in the nights that followed. With that said I am not sure that the 6 taken back in for more questioning were in the same home. If it was me I would be someplace with everybody that wanted to be with me. jmo

Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

I think this is weird
"I think they should all just leave us alone,'' she said in a moment between tears. Leonard Manley looked up as his daughter and sighed. "Look, we are just hillbillies,'' he said. "We ain't got no revenge in our hearts.''

To me the family of murdered loved ones would answer questions over and over and over and at any time day or night to get cleared so the cops move on to find the killers. Bobby is a prime target for questioning because she found them. She is a prime target for more questioning at 3 a.m. because there are so many discrepancies (based on the mis-info we see from interviews and 911 calls). I understand that she is distraught, but the "they should leave us alone" is just weird. And the "we ain't got revenge in our hearts" is odd, too.

Regarding the reason for LE to get B. Manley and others out of bed around 3am,
it may have been the info from the neighbor who was hunting in the woods.
He said he heard shots before sunrise.
LE may have thought this reason enough to assume it was very close to the time B. Manley
was there. Especially if LE thpught B M was not truthful about what time she arrived and what she was doing there.
This is just a wild guess.

I think this is weird
"I think they should all just leave us alone,'' she said in a moment between tears. Leonard Manley looked up as his daughter and sighed. "Look, we are just hillbillies,'' he said. "We ain't got no revenge in our hearts.''

To me the family of murdered loved ones would answer questions over and over and over and at any time day or night to get cleared so the cops move on to find the killers. Bobby is a prime target for questioning because she found them. She is a prime target for more questioning at 3 a.m. because there are so many discrepancies (based on the mis-info we see from interviews and 911 calls). I understand that she is distraught, but the "they should leave us alone" is just weird. And the "we ain't got revenge in our hearts" is odd, too.

Thank you!!! Thank you x 1000! I have been screaming this since Leonard said that. It is SOOO WEIRD.

The below is just a fellow poster's appeal. It would really be sad if this thread got shut down for good. Not that there's much going on right now, but I'm hoping one day soon there will be news.

I know it's hard for new people to the thread/case/WS to have followed all moderator posts, but please at least read the very first post of the thread so you know what cannot be discussed.

Thank you!!! Thank you x 1000! I have been screaming this since Leonard said that. It is SOOO WEIRD.

RSBM

Ummm... you (Bobby and other surviving relatives/friends) really do need to make yourselves available and answer any and all questions; in order to be cleared.

Part of me thinks there might be those who know full well who did this, or at least why.
Sorry this thread is moving so fast ; but it was most likely already posted -- about Mr. Ruby (?) withdrawing his reward in the light of the 'grow' operations found ?

I still think the killers need to face justice -- but it would appear the deceased had some enemies.
:moo:

I think this is weird

Did something happen that Leonard and Bobby Jo should have revenge in their hearts for? Was there an incident or were they left out of something?

They all have kids and grandkids, that isn't the way this type of thing works. A patriarch like this is a huge sign of respect with a family clan.

But why CR Sr when Kenneth is older? Who decides?

I think this is weird

As i said before they should lawyer up, I wouldn't talk to them again without one. jmo

bbm Like I said before I would be hard pressed to report any wrong doing, or anything I saw for fear of being accused. jmo So Sad

bbm Sounds like to me that LE may have said something on the line of, "we don't need you all taken revenge out for this, if you know who did this tell us now". jmo

They did accuse her! They said, "who paid you to kill your family?" That is an accusation. Leonard quoted law enforcement as saying that direct quote, and he said they accused her.

I continue to believe that family members have a pretty good idea who is behind the killings (otherwise, in terms of messaging, the killer kinda failed), but recognize the extremely high peril in sharing any such hunches.

It would make sense then for LE to lean on any family members likely to have information by making them believe that they are a suspect. Remember, there's nothing that says that LE has to be truthful in the interrogation process.

at :47 she says "My brother in law's in the bedroom..."
at 1:31 she says (unintelligible) "it looks like they're dead" -- I doubt it is "my sons." I don't think she has "sons." And she said who it was "Chris and Gary Rhoden" so why would she say "my sons"?

She does have a son, and a daughter. I think she's got the words right and it makes sense to me. If I found dead family members, the first thing I would do is call my brother for support and then 911.

She does have a son, and a daughter. I think she's got the words right and it makes sense to me. If I found dead family members, the first thing I would do is call my brother for support and then 911.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant is that she doesn't have SONS. (more than one). She has one son. So why would she say "sons"? I just don't think that is what she said because it doesn't make sense.

at :47 she says "My brother in law's in the bedroom..."
at 1:31 she says (unintelligible) "it looks like they're dead" -- I doubt it is "my sons." I don't think she has "sons." And she said who it was "Chris and Gary Rhoden" so why would she say "my sons"?

It also now makes sense that LM, when complaining about the cops keeping his son's truck, said they ley his daughter and grandson take their car.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant is that she doesn't have SONS. (more than one). She has one son. So why would she say "sons"? I just don't think that is what she said because it doesn't make sense.

My son's in there.

I think this is weird

What this made me think was that LM may view working with LE to bring the murderers to justice as a form of "revenge." I think the family believes they know who may have committed the murders, they suspect local people somewhat in their circle, and are sending those folks a message: "Don't worry about us; we are not a threat. We're not cooperating with LE." Incidentally, they may suspect the wrong people. Quite a few different people could conceivably harbor ill will toward various members of the family.

If this is not allowed please delete sorry.
But does anyone know what was the cause of death of the man DR seemed so fixated on? She was definitely not in a good place emotionally it seems to me. Just saying

SUV ran off road and flipped.

This obituary actually does a good job of explaining who everyone was in relation to everyone else in the extended family.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/po...ituary.aspx?n=rhoden&pid=179825703&fhid=29064

And it made me wonder... in a couple of articles I think it was LR who was quoted as saying something about "look at the custody". Has it ever been stated who the father of HR's newborn is?

Was the 'custody' issue LE was concerned about the custody of this newest Rhoden? or was it that the state had custody of some of the babies/toddlers and not others?

Thanks for the link. So sad, such a terrible loss.

I noticed that Kenneth Rhoden's obit didn't mention his cousin Donald Stone, the person who found his body. It just mentions a "host of cousins, nieces and nephews". Maybe not important.

ETA: For future reference, this obit is posted in the Media/Timeline section.

IF she did indeed say " don't hurt me" at the end of the call.....could she have been talking to the killer/s?
IF someone said "good job", could it have been the killer/s telling her she did a good job on the call?
Could she have surprised the killers? Could they have even held a gun to her and made her let them into Chris' trailer with the key? Maybe she was forced to participate and after the 911 call, she feared they would kill her too.

Could they have killed Kenneth first....one man alone.
Then moved to Dana's and killed them....2 women and a teenager.
Then Frankie and Hannah....1 young man and a young woman.
Last was Chris and Gary....2 strong men.
Maybe they even knew Bobby would be coming and waited for her to let them into Gary's trailer, so as not to alarm two strong men and take them by surprise.
If they had already killed the rest and then forced Bobby to let them in, then she would not know about the others yet and that is why she didn't mention them on the call. I know Leonard indicated she went to Frankie's first, but too much is contradicted, so I take that with a grain of salt.

just some new thoughts....

I listened to it and I don't hear "don't hear me." I hear something closer to "who could do this" although it's pretty unintelligible--in the midst of tears.

At the beginning however, I hear something like "wait a minute" just BEFORE the 911 operator comes on. Could be talking to someone else there--telling them to wait while she calls 911. But, then she clearly says it again after 911 answers, when she is apparently going outside, or walking to the mailbox to get an address for the dispatcher.

What really strikes me is the "preceded in death" portions of each obit. Does this give any indication as to order of death? If so, what does it reveal?

I wondered that too but I don't think the order of their deaths has been determined. Hanna's "loving boyfriend" is mentioned, implying current at time of death boyfriend, as is her 1st child's dad. JMO So, there are two surviving brothers of Chris sr and 4 sisters. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay