OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The land Chris paid $120k for (2 parcels @ $60k ea.) is in Scioto county. The land where the crimes happened are family owned property, Chris isn't the only one who owns it. It seems unlikely anyone would be killed over the inheritance of this land and some mobile homes.

The land that was just bought in Scioto County was a recent purchase in March and not family owned. Which could cause jealously problems. I don't think it's an issue about inheritance. I think it is more of a jealousy issue.

Who could be casing Dana's place with her just moving in If it was an external killing given LE says it was planned. Seems they would at least have to know the floor plan of her home. Maybe not though home invasions happen too. Ugh !! Just thinking out loud. Is Dana's house the one with the big newish barn or was that Frankie's house?

Dana's was the one with the big red barn. Not the large white steel barn.

My question would be who are the other 5 that were taken in with her.

The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

Me too! I have wondered that since Laurence said it. I guess it is possible that 6 adults lived in the same house. But in other cases I have followed -- if 6 adults are together in the middle of the night, immediately following a murder -- they are plotting. They are discussing what to say, what not to say, what happened, what needs to be cleaned up, etc. Not saying that is what happened here. Just saying that is what has happened in other cases.

Were DR and CR Sr in a relationship? I looked at her Flipagram account and she posted a photo montage of them in November. Makes me wonder what their status was, other than the "complicated" on her FB page.

Locals - what is the property tax rate in Pike county? How much are we talking about in property taxes on 14 properties worth about $60K each?

If Dana was at the center of the "plot", it would explain why she moved back and also felt enough trepidation to ask her departed friend to "pray over me and my family like never before". I don't think this had to do with the baby's birth... she never mentioned anything like that. If the wrong person was fixated on Dana. it could explain a lot. Especially of their fixation was to get some of that money (as sociopaths are wont to do). If she shunned that person and threatened to expose them, and moved back to the "compound" to get away, narcissistic rage could have done that much damage. Especially if it was the rage of someone who had very little to lose. Do we know if anything was taken? It would be very helpful to know the order in which she was murdered. It could be that she was the exception to "most were sleeping". If she was the ultimate target, a psycho would have made sure she knew about the rest of the carnage.

Also, the only type of person who can kill without remorse, pass a mental health evaluation without a red flag and a polygraph too, is a narcissistic sociopath who is familiar with the law.

I disagree with your last sentence. Many people can and have killed because of anger, rage, and jealously and they are not a narcissistic sociopath or could pass a mental evaluation. It's called a crime of passion and they usually do feel remorse after the fact.

If this is not allowed please delete sorry.
But does anyone know what was the cause of death of the man DR seemed so fixated on? She was definitely not in a good place emotionally it seems to me. Just saying

It was a car accident.

Me too! I have wondered that since Laurence said it. I guess it is possible that 6 adults lived in the same house. But in other cases I have followed -- if 6 adults are together in the middle of the night, immediately following a murder -- they are plotting. They are discussing what to say, what not to say, what happened, what needs to be cleaned up, etc. Not saying that is what happened here. Just saying that is what has happened in other cases.

That could be, but also, I imagine that they were all traumatized! Needed to huddle. JMO....................maybe LE saw all the cars and thought that they were having a pow wow.

Or I am thinking more for security ..1).Someone just killed 8 people in their family are they next ? 2) They have an idea who it was and are plotting ,,,to get even?

About 9 years ago I picked up a great niece I hadn't seen in years she had moved a out an hour a way from me. Plans were made I would pick her up and she would come spend a few days and see her cousins and we would go shopping,
When I arrived at her house she said something came up she couldn't leave right then until a friend could meet her to get a backpack she left in their car.. 2 hours later and she was extremely nervous I told her I thought it would be best I go on home if she can't get the backpack another time. I told her let's go eat and when we are done if your friend hasn't showed up I will come another time and get u. I end up going to get food to take back she was gone I was very put put and was heading home when she called and said could I pick her up at another friends house now and gave me directions, I decided I would I get there some man tells she will be right back ran to the locker?? Now I know something ain't right locker backpacks she is 20 it's 8:30 pm. I was leaving and call in her momma and she got dropped off and was ready to go.
I asked was there anything she wanted to tell me or was there any thing she had that should not be in my car and it was no auntie I wouldn't ever do stuff like that etc.
We get home late with the drive and all I had just got into bed when she knocked on our bedroom door and wanted to speak to me. She had asked could she drive my car which was brand new to a friends house she hasn't seen since she had left long ago. I said no mam but she is welcome to visit u here.. she went to bawling she said I can't I got to give somebody something I have to be able to count out 7300. And I can't do it here. I said for what and she finally told me it was not good but she had to get it to the person and have the cash exactly. . She said she couldn't tell me who had her backpack earlier because she didn't know someone was calling her when it's time to get it but they checked my house and your car was there and they changed their mind and watched me when I left to pick her up. She then was taken to a locker storage unit thing and she had to leave the another bag inside hers in a locker. She got left thwre and called her friend I was at and his daughter picked her up and dropped her by when I was leaving.
I told her I couldn't forgive her I have no clue what was in that bag that I helped transfer unknowingly but that excuse would have got me laughed at on my way to jail. She needs to call her mom and leave. She said someone was picking her up I said they are not to pull up in my driveway meet them in the street. She ended up staying with friends here and there and is no in Hawaii. But what I am getting at none of these runners knew the others no names just phones like go phones I guess. She didn't have a number to call they had hers they took her and left her where she was leaving something then she made it here. She later told me over the phone when she apologized to me that she was done with that it paid her well and it was only about every 3 months she would run it but it was good money. My point if it was anything like that they are probably clueless who they ate dealing with.

Your niece's story kinda reminds me of Piper Kerman's, the author of the memoir, "Orange is the New Black" (& the book that inspired the TV series on Netflix).

Right after college, she met and became fascinated with an older woman who lived a spontaneous, "bohemian" lifestyle. The older woman only dated other women and Piper had only dated men. Nevertheless, Piper started hooking up with the woman, who told her, straight up, that she was part of an international heroin trafficking network. But instead of being worried or not wanting to get involved with all that, she found it exciting. So, she spent the next few months traveling around the world, to places like Bali and Paris, and transported drug money (but never the drugs themselves) for an network based out of West Africa.

She ended her relationship a few months later because she realized she was getting too involved. She got nailed 10 years later anyway (and only months before the statute of limitations expired). She was charged with criminal conspiracy and served a 15 month sentence in a federal prison. She knew next to nothing about the guys at the top and could have reduced her sentence significantly (if not completely) if she had.

Anyway, that's just another classic example of how the drug trade works. The people on the lower levels know very little, or nothing at all, about the people on the higher levels.

So, I definitely agree with you about this. If a large organized crime organization is responsible for these deaths (regardless if they are cartel, gang members, or a large organized group of drug dealers), no one at this level---meaning on the ground in Pike County---will know anything of use to LE. Some of their family may know who the Rhoden family dealt with directly, but I seriously doubt they know any more than that. And the family members who were managing these pot grows probably didn't know themselves.

Most of the guys at the top of these organizations live outside of the US, and they never come to the US. The next guy in line comes instead. Guy #2 then hires a big time drug dealer and the drugs and money are exchanged at one time, in large quantities. Guy #3 (who knows nothing about Guy #1) hires his own guys to handle growing/selling, and so on, and so forth. The person/s managing these three pot grows was working on a 4th level tier, at best.

I'm very concerned that the people who did this may never be found (IF these murders were related to drugs). It's unlikely anyone with info will be willing to come forward with it, and even if they did tell LE what they know, the trail would likely end with the next guy up.)

I just think they are scared out of their minds -banding together for the feeling of security.

I also have been thinking about body/bodies being moved in the house with Chris Sr. and Gary. Why would a body be moved? The only thing I can think
of is to hide the body, or to get rid of the body. On the aerial pictures I cannot say for sure if this house has a back door and if such a door (if it exists)
is connected to the back bedroom. A body could be hauled through the backdoor and be loaded into a pickup truck (surely not an easy task to do).
I think perhaps one person was dragging one of the bodies and was shot himself. That could explain why the bodies were in close proximity.

The house of Frankie and Hanna G. does have a back door. There is also a black pick-up truck pulled up next to the house. I wonder who it belongs to
and why it is parked there.
CRsr could have initially been shot in the front room where she saw the blood but was not dead and ran to the bedroom to get his firearm but could not get it in time and was finished off in the bedroom. GR may have gotten up as well in hearing a disturbance or someone coming in. Could explain their being found like that together.

The land that was just bought in Scioto County was a recent purchase in March and not family owned. Which could cause jealously problems. I don't think it's an issue about inheritance. I think it is more of a jealousy issue.

But why drive 10 minutes South to kill Kenny?

Somehow I didn't realize the Pike county shootings weren't all in Pike county. The 3122 Union rd property is where Dana was living...making so much more sense to me now.

I found a map that shows the extent of union/union hill rd and it's basically a large, irregular circle, with multiple offshoots. Now I remember why using a GPS in southern Ohio is such a crapshoot.

I just want to say if I found my family dead at two homes and family members dead at two other homes I would probably be in the same home with the remaining family members/friends in the nights that followed. With that said I am not sure that the 6 taken back in for more questioning were in the same home. If it was me I would be someplace with everybody that wanted to be with me. jmo

Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

Assuming the 6 (I heard 5 originally, but...) assuming the 6 were LM, His wife. BJM and BJM's brother and either the other sister and a husband or a couple of kids. It doesn't sound like plotting at all. It sounds more like a family who just had a murder of people they were related to who have huddled together for safety.

The old newspaper article attached to this tweet gave some interesting insight into "hillbilly justice":

[video=twitter;725904886970224641]https://twitter.com/cincyrider/status/725904886970224641[/video]

But then why not kill her? Unless she were working with this killers, surely they would have killed her too. They already killed 8, why not one more?

Maybe it was close family and they had no beef with her. And they felt sure she would stay quiet. Maybe she even had something to gain from it? Just guesses!

Yes, the news reporter says it. Not Gary's father. I take about 50% of what I hear from news reporters as fact. Were the press even allowed in the funeral home or were they kept outside? If Gary had been shot in the head three times, even with a .22, the trauma and lividty that set in would have made his head a swollen mess. If you've ever seen someone with a traumatic head injury, you would know what I am talking about. I would just be absolutely shocked if was an open casket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper