OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dana's property was a new purchase. It was just purchased one month before the murders. By Chris. The EX husband bought it for his ex wife.

The timing doesn't seem coincidental does it? It could've triggered something.

I had the impression they learned something from the blood DNA at the scene (transfer?) and that's what led to the 3am questioning and the vehicle being taken away later in the day.

Could have been blood transfer footprints but I think it was too soon for DNA results, so I'm guessing footprints......OR that they heard children in the 911 call.........but maybe her brother or son or father went into Frankies and retrieved the kids while she was on the 911 call.??????? JMO

I understood you because my thinking is they had a specific reason for the 3 AM aggressive questioning. I still feel there were things that were important they realized she wasn't honest about or left out and things people wouldn't normally leave out.

I hope they wouldn't have done that 3 am questioning just to be mean to her and I really don't think it was normal questioning and something triggered it.

3am is a good time to surprise people and catch them off guard, there's no time to sit and think of answer. I think it was strategic of LE to do this. If LE don't suspect BJ I think LE thinks she knows who was capable.

Follow up video uploaded to youtube today: I apologize if someone already posted :
[video=youtube;LIOtbQB_dU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIOtbQB_dU0[/video]

This is my first post. I think drugs and the money that flows from drugs will turn out to be at the heart of this case, and I think the February discovery of a shatter lab in Pike County is a major clue. This was a huge shatter production operation, per the news. Clearly there was not enough marijuana growing in the area to meet production needs, because authorities discovered the shatter lab when a large package of marijuana sent FROM CALIFORNIA came through the Piketon post office. In this regard, it is interesting that Christopher Rhoden, Sr. had just bought the property where Dana Rhoden and her children were murdered. He paid $60,000 on March 21, 2016 for this property just over the Pike County line, in Scioto County. The 8-acre parcel has 6 acres of woodland. Could CR Sr. been in the process of expanding his marijuana-based source of income?

I can't find the interview, but in one of LM's early interviews, he talked about what a good person his daughter Dana was and how she didn't deserve this, and then said something like, "I don't know about some of them others." At the time I heard the interview, I wondered whether he was talking about Chris Sr., Kenneth Rhoden, and/or Gary Rhoden. From the beginning, I have felt that the adult male victims were the main targets.

Thanks! I couldn't remember if BJ had kids. I thought she did but wasn't sure and can't remember their names. I wonder if her kids were left anything? Doubtful if she was cut out.

If Clarence left everything to the men only and not any of the women….ouch.

Clarence Rhoden was no relation to BJ. He was her sister Dana's father-in-law. JMO

@CalamityPchfuzz @WCPO #PikeCounty interesting, one keeps learning more & more abt county drug act. Less & less abt who done it.

I'm very concerned this is going cold, even though I know they're actively investigating. It's almost become a reality show type media blitz to make the family look like mafia and deserved what's happened to them. It's becoming less about the fact a family was executed, one with a new baby at her side, and parents with kids in the house. The less LE and the AG hands over information the more the media is sensationalizing it. The fact that there's executioners out there that can strike again is becoming a bigger possibility. I hope anyone with information steps forward, because I'm sure they're frightened for their family and themselves.

I don't think it's going cold. I just think it's so overwhelmingly big - 4 messy sites with a lot of stuff in the yards to go through, plus the details of the lives of 8 people that covers two states and a lot of friends, relatives, and business associates - plus multiple potential motives in different directions. If LE put details out there, the media frenzy would be worse.

DR may have been brought home like need to get her a house close by she is mentally not in a good place. Her obsessive almost daily fly high posts on a memorial page stands out to me that she was having some kind of breakdown. She also could have been paying her ex mostly payments I have seen people do rent to own deals with family. Could be he felt she knew to much to piss her off if she wanted the house and he wouldn't buy it.jmo

If this is not allowed please delete sorry.
But does anyone know what was the cause of death of the man DR seemed so fixated on? She was definitely not in a good place emotionally it seems to me. Just saying

Good questions! I think that it is because Kenneth is a son of Clarence. Clarence had a very special relationship with his caregiver, yet that caregiver didn't inherit anything -- the boys inherited all that land. Two sons of Clarence were killed. Gary was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hannah was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dana was benefiting from the Clarence inheritance -- just got a new $60K house. Frankie, Hanna and Chris Jr. were next in line to inherit it all. I think someone felt cut out and got REALLY mad about that brand new house and all the nice things ("nice" to her) the family suddenly had.

The problem with that theory is that Clarence died, IIRC, in 2008. The land was distributed a couple of years later. It seems unlikely someone would be holding such a lethal grudge for so many years without acting on it.

Familicide is a very rare crime. It's even more rare for a woman to be the killer. It's even more rare for a female family annihilator to not end the killings by committing suicide.

I'd venture to guess, if this woman, Bobby, killed 8 close members of her family in a spree, then called 911 to report it and covered it up, getting rid of all evidence, she would be the first woman in US history to do so.

The odds are extremely small that she was the killer.

If this is not allowed please delete sorry.
But does anyone know what was the cause of death of the man DR seemed so fixated on? She was definitely not in a good place emotionally it seems to me. Just saying

Car accident. He lost control of his vehicle with his daughter in it. He wasn't wearing a seat belt, and he died. His daughter apparently lived.

Someone that should have been there (IMO), but wasn't...someone that is connected to the family by "affiliation", not blood...someone who (along with their family) seems to have disappeared from media, FB comments, condolences, prayers, funerals, etc, and should be grieving the loss of a loved one...someone in hiding...someone with high-ranking military family...someone with family involved in "cleaning up" drugs and has involvement with LE...someone involved in the derby circuit...someone (or family) with employment connections to the victims...

All of these have been speculated as theories in finding the killer/s, and there IS someone that I feel is somehow involved (not saying the killer)!!! Where is he and his family, and why are they not outwardly expressing their sorrow for the loss of a "loved" one? I don't think I can place names or details due to the terms for posting, and please delete if this post is not allowed.

I feel there is some connection between the murders and this person and his family, just not sure how! The timing of it and him not being there got me from day 1!

If a loved one in my large family died in that manner or other, I feel pretty confident in saying that we would not speak publicly or to press, ever. We would handle our grief quietly and privately. It's just the way we roll.

Thanks! I couldn't remember if BJ had kids. I thought she did but wasn't sure and can't remember their names. I wonder if her kids were left anything? Doubtful if she was cut out.

If Clarence left everything to the men only and not any of the women….ouch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bobby isn't a descendant of Clarence Rhoden. She's a descendant of the Manley family.

Who could be casing Dana's place with her just moving in If it was an external killing given LE says it was planned. Seems they would at least have to know the floor plan of her home. Maybe not though home invasions happen too. Ugh !! Just thinking out loud. Is Dana's house the one with the big newish barn or was that Frankie's house?

3am is a good time to surprise people and catch them off guard, there's no time to sit and think of answer. I think it was strategic of LE to do this. If LE don't suspect BJ I think LE thinks she knows who was capable.
But you aren't likely to get a cooperative witnesses or information, they will be hostile when questioned. Also their questioning was very aggressive.

Now a murder suspect I could see more, but still the problem getting them to cooperate. She found much of her family dead, went through questioning and then 3 am questions that were aggressive. That is horrible to do to someone in that state unless you really think they did something or it means saving someone's life.

I still have a gut feeling this was not about pot or angry family. I believe it's heroin I still belive it came from outside source and the car biz was a way of muleing it. The shop is a front and they easily an pack it in places in vehicles they can tear down and reassemble. I figure that what the supply on hand was picked up and could have been stored in a few of the houses idk. Maybe the operation was getting hot and with all the attention on heroin in pike cty. Could have been some higher ups that needed to clear the screenbefore it busted open and all exposed. So had to make it look like someone came in their town and killed a family over pot.

"How much did They pay you..." LE reaching? Or had they found something at the crime scenes to point to a "they"?
Eta: and what made them think BJ knew "they"?

I feel badly for BJ and I'm also curious about her.....I hope that this tragedy came as a shock to her, and that she can recover from it. I couldn't. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper