OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thank you!! Can you please ask him what Bobby Jo said at the end of the 911 call!? ;-)
I thought her very last sentence on the 911 call, after she started sobbing, was; Please don't let it be. As in, she was in shock, and hoping it was a nightmare. Kind of a prayer.

Your niece's story kinda reminds me of Piper Kerman's, the author of the memoir, "Orange is the New Black" (& the book that inspired the TV series on Netflix).

Right after college, she met and became fascinated with an older woman who lived a spontaneous, "bohemian" lifestyle. The older woman only dated other women and Piper had only dated men. Nevertheless, Piper started hooking up with the woman, who told her, straight up, that she was part of an international heroin trafficking network. But instead of being worried or not wanting to get involved with all that, she found it exciting. So, she spent the next few months traveling around the world, to places like Bali and Paris, and transported drug money (but never the drugs themselves) for an network based out of West Africa.

She ended her relationship a few months later because she realized she was getting too involved. She got nailed 10 years later anyway (and only months before the statute of limitations expired). She was charged with criminal conspiracy and served a 15 month sentence in a federal prison. She knew next to nothing about the guys at the top and could have reduced her sentence significantly (if not completely) if she had.

Anyway, that's just another classic example of how the drug trade works. The people on the lower levels know very little, or nothing at all, about the people on the higher levels.

So, I definitely agree with you about this. If a large organized crime organization is responsible for these deaths (regardless if they are cartel, gang members, or a large organized group of drug dealers), no one at this level---meaning on the ground in Pike County---will know anything of use to LE. Some of their family may know who the Rhoden family dealt with directly, but I seriously doubt they know any more than that. And the family members who were managing these pot grows probably didn't know themselves.

Most of the guys at the top of these organizations live outside of the US, and they never come to the US. The next guy in line comes instead. Guy #2 then hires a big time drug dealer and the drugs and money are exchanged at one time, in large quantities. Guy #3 (who knows nothing about Guy #1) hires his own guys to handle growing/selling, and so on, and so forth. The person/s managing these three pot grows was working on a 4th level tier, at best.

I'm very concerned that the people who did this may never be found (IF these murders were related to drugs). It's unlikely anyone with info will be willing to come forward with it, and even if they did tell LE what they know, the trail would likely end with the next guy up.)

This is exactly what I think the situation is, and all the links I have posted to articles and Justice Dept. reports about how the drug trade works (especially in that region) spelled it out pretty well. I don't think the family knows who killed them. But I think they know why.

Assuming the 6 (I heard 5 originally, but...) assuming the 6 were LM, His wife. BJM and BJM's brother and either the other sister and a husband or a couple of kids. It doesn't sound like plotting at all. It sounds more like a family who just had a murder of people they were related to who have huddled together for safety.

That is totally possible. But in my experience people who are worried for their safety don't tell the police to "just leave us alone." They WANT police around for security. Also, people who are innocent cooperate with police -- they are willing to do and say anything at all to help solve the crime. Innocent people rarely tell the police to go away and leave them alone. (They should, but they don't. I would never say anything to police without an attorney present. But that's because I've spent thousands of hours on Webseluths. The Manleys probably haven't.)

Assuming the 6 (I heard 5 originally, but...) assuming the 6 were LM, His wife. BJM and BJM's brother and either the other sister and a husband or a couple of kids. It doesn't sound like plotting at all. It sounds more like a family who just had a murder of people they were related to who have huddled together for safety.
It doesn't say they were all adults, I assumed it was her, her husband and 3 of her kids. Idk if she has children but that was my first thought when I saw it.

After reading the article in the Daily Beast: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...thers-met-a-violent-end-in-ohio-massacre.html
I started looking at the FB conversations of the victim in the beat down that the article talks about. I'm not going to mention any names but I'm wondering if anyone else here saw the conversation with the friend of the beat down victim that makes a pretty direct threat against the Rhodens...apparently Frankie and Chris specifically if you read the conversation. This person specifcally says that one of the Rhoden's tried to run his old lady and child off the road...and then goes on later in the conversation to make his threat. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere before and the threat did not come from the beatdown victim himself...it was one of his buddies who had his own run-ins with the Rhodens.

If this above message in some way violates TOS feel free to delete...I didn't mention names and i'm referencing a published article so felt it was ok.

Also just another thought, Chris et al being on many properties.. I don't know if Chris was the oldest of him and Kenny or not, but of all the brothers with much land that came from families etc, having Chris's name listed, businesses being in his name, Chris could have been the man of the family. That would generally be the oldest, but many reasons could have made it skipped if Chris wasn't the oldest. While there is matriarch, there is still a stereotype in many of these type areas and regions, women have a place and it isn't in the men stuff.

So I see Chris as the possible patriarch though his mom is a living matriarch of the family.

They could have all inherited and then sold to Chris Sr later. Kenneth went through a divorce and had children to support.

Yes, the news reporter says it. Not Gary's father. I take about 50% of what I hear from news reporters as fact. Were the press even allowed in the funeral home or were they kept outside? If Gary had been shot in the head three times, even with a .22, the trauma and lividty that set in would have made his head a swollen mess. If you've ever seen someone with a traumatic head injury, you would know what I am talking about. I would just be absolutely shocked if was an open casket.

Asking because I honestly have no idea and you seem to be a GSW expert -- what if he were shot in the side or the back of the head? Would his face look normal?

Somehow I didn't realize the Pike county shootings weren't all in Pike county. The 3122 Union rd property is where Dana was living...making so much more sense to me now.

I found a map that shows the extent of union/union hill rd and it's basically a large, irregular circle, with multiple offshoots. Now I remember why using a GPS in southern Ohio is such a crapshoot.

Union Hill Road actually runs through 3 counties. It is in Adams county as it comes off of State Route 32, then weaves back and forth between Pike and Scioto Counties. Looking at Google Earth, it appears as if one of the trailers at the main complex is in Pike and the other is actually in Scioto. At the very least, the property that Chris Sr. owns across the road from 4077 is in Scioto County. Very good idea if you want to grow pot to be in two different jurisdictions.

After reading the article in the Daily Beast: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...thers-met-a-violent-end-in-ohio-massacre.html
I started looking at the FB conversations of the victim in the beat down that the article talks about. I'm not going to mention any names but I'm wondering if anyone else here saw the conversation with the friend of the beat down victim that makes a pretty direct threat against the Rhodens...apparently Frankie and Chris specifically if you read the conversation. This person specifcally says that one of the Rhoden's tried to run his old lady and child off the road...and then goes on later in the conversation to make his threat. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere before and the threat did not come from the beatdown victim himself...it was one of his buddies who had his own run-ins with the Rhodens.

If this above message in some way violates TOS feel free to delete...I didn't mention names and i'm referencing a published article so felt it was ok.

I have seen them, yes. I have seen at least three different people, for 3 different reasons, that made public threats on FB against Chris Jr. However -- we can't talk about them, name them, or speculate as to whether they may be guilty. All we can really say is that a lot of conflict seemed to swirl around young Chris.

Union Hill Road actually runs through 3 counties. It is in Adams county as it comes off of State Route 32, then weaves back and forth between Pike and Scioto Counties. Looking at Google Earth, it appears as if one of the trailers at the main complex is in Pike and the other is actually in Scioto. At the very least, the property that Chris Sr. owns across the road from 4077 is in Scioto County. Very good idea if you want to grow pot to be in two different jurisdictions.

Excellent point. The 3 county sheriffs may even assume that property fell into the neighboring county and not bother to keep an eye on what is going on there.

They could have all inherited and then sold to Chris Sr later. Kenneth went through a divorce and had children to support.
They all have kids and grandkids, that isn't the way this type of thing works. A patriarch like this is a huge sign of respect with a family clan.

But it was listed as Chris et al, him and several owners and he was listed first.

Dana's property was a new purchase. It was just purchased one month before the murders. By Chris. The EX husband bought it for his ex wife.

Is it in her name or his? They still had a minor son (plus daughter with young children), so it doesn't surprise me that he would have provided a place for them all to live.

Excellent point. The 3 county sheriffs may even assume that property fell into the neighboring county and not bother to keep an eye on what is going on there.

I forgot to mention that the Manley homestead is located in the Adams County portion of UHR.

Is it in her name or his? They still had a minor son (plus daughter with young children), so it doesn't surprise me that he would have provided a place for them all to live.

It is in his name.

Audio below

At :47 BJ says my brother walked in the bedroom.
At 1:31 she says my sons in there and (it looks like there both dead)?

jmo

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/nation-now/911-call-in-ohio-theres-blood-all-over-the-house/151799005

at :47 she says "My brother in law's in the bedroom..."
at 1:31 she says (unintelligible) "it looks like they're dead" -- I doubt it is "my sons." I don't think she has "sons." And she said who it was "Chris and Gary Rhoden" so why would she say "my sons"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper