OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note:

The report of a neighbour hearing gunshots was from a social media general commenter. Post have previously been removed due to that being a violation of TOS. Unless that information is confirmed by MSM or LE, please consider it rumor and please remove it form the timeline.

If Admin decides to allow it in this particular case, the above can change, but unless/until such time, please do not refer to it or rely on it.

:tyou:

With all due respect, it was not from social media. It was left in the comments on a news article. The commenter used his real name. We checked real estate records to make sure he was the real owner of the piece of property he claimed to be on, and it checked out. The names matched. He has a high degree of credibility. He also said he was interviewed by police.

I'm the exact opposite! LOL! If I were even in the state of Ohio I would be all over that vigil, taking photos like crazy.

I would go if my husband was home to stay with the kids. I wouldn't want to take them. I'm looking forward to Leonard's interview though.

Please note:

The report of a neighbour hearing gunshots was from a social media general commenter. Post have previously been removed due to that being a violation of TOS. Unless that information is confirmed by MSM or LE, please consider it rumor and please remove it form the timeline.

If Admin decides to allow it in this particular case, the above can change, but unless/until such time, please do not refer to it or rely on it.

One thing to note if it matters when deciding, property names were checked with the county and they matched.

I think it's worth noting and I'm sure that it has been...the individual who made SM threats stated: "but I'm not worried" "WE will get THEM" "ALL of THEM"

the wording is most important to me. Just because he coincidentally has an on camera alibi during the said hours; does not mean he wasn't part of the "WE" he stated on social media. And coincidentally he states "all of them." So he went from speaking of CR Jr only to a "them" ? And then CR jrs whole family dies? How often do people threaten people's lives with this magnitude of aggression? I'm highly involved in social media and have been for 10+ years... And I can count on one hand how many times Ive ever seen someone threaten to want to beat someone in or stomp their head ... Or "get all of them" .... That's really not to common in my opinion... We and Them... I think that's really interesting...

The Wording of his text on social media is very interesting here is a link from which I obtained my info:

http://www.**************/3042585/p...-days-before-mass-murder-says-he-is-innocent/

He wasn't talking about the family. He was talking about CR Jr and his friends who said racist things to him and some buddies. It was a fight between boys, not families. He went to the police, was questioned, gave DNA. I think that's a big dead end.

With all due respect, it was not from social media. It was left in the comments on a news article. The commenter used his real name. We checked real estate records to make sure he was the real owner of the piece of property he claimed to be on, and it checked out. The names matched. He has a high degree of credibility. He also said he was interviewed by police.
It was because it used the Facebook plug in for comments and it was a blog.

I hope everyone here is following the vigil on Twitter. Go to Twitter and search "Rhoden Vigil" -- lots of stuff popping up. Also, I'm just going to leave this one here:
[video=twitter;726187334186590208]https://twitter.com/KRobPhoto/status/726187334186590208[/video]

Comments from commenters are considered rumor. You can rely on the MSM article itself, but NOT on the comments in the comments section. I can go online and say I'm Joe Smith but that does not make it so. You can then find that Joe Smith is a neighbour, but it may not be one and the same as the person commenting as Joe Smith. It is spelled out in TOS that comments are not permitted.

Yes, but there are other brothers that are still living that would have the same level of custody rights as Kenny. Why not kill them too?

I'll leave it at that. I started getting into the chain of custody here in Ohio, but it was getting to close to the 'sleuthing children' line for me. Let's just say Kenny probably wouldn't have been the court's first (or even fifth..) choice to award custody to.

Kenny is such an outlier here, figuratively and literally speaking.

Revised timeline, with person who heard gunshots removed:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>)

Feb 2016: 38-pound box of marijuana mailed from CA discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation. No arrests are made. No suspects are named.

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Woman involved in road rage incident with Chris Jr is in court and is sentenced (

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55)

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence” (Frankie’s?) where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed “multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source: CNN)

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

Saturday afternoon: Another Kenneth Rhoden (brother and cousin to victims) calls 911 in Greenup KY to report being followed and chased by two men in a car (http://www.wlwt.com/news/rhoden-fami...ports/39247458)

Yes. Kenneth lived in a Fifth Wheel, which attaches to a pickup truck. Something like this:

[video=youtube;59g3xtbs0Gc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59g3xtbs0Gc[/video]

Which makes it odd he would have cameras. How many people do you know that put security cameras in their Fifth Wheel!?

Paranoid people. People that may be scared for their life.

The two things he had.. He was Chris's brother and a grow operation and it was Chris's property he lived on.

I still say, Chris is the middle of the circle, the only one that all are related to.

Please note:

Thank you! I'll remove it from the timeline.

Does anyone know the significance of the color orange?

[video=twitter;726186450119610368]https://twitter.com/LisaFOX45Now/status/726186450119610368[/video]

Please note:

Understood. Could you please broach the possibility allowing it in the discussion with the higher ups. I tend to believe it is a valid clue being it is Turkey season in Ohio and it does not involve sleuthing any innocents or anything. Until then, mums the word. Thanks! (and of course, JMO :D)

a refresher from:
The Rules > Etiquette & Information

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

•Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
•Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.•Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Mods, am I allowed to copy over these tweets from MSM reporters? Wanted to share the photos for those who don't Twitter.

[video=twitter;726190768776445952]https://twitter.com/Meghan10TV/status/726190768776445952[/video]

Well, he's useful at eliminating scenarios with the question above ... "why drive 10 minutes to kill Kenny".

eta: upon re-reading this, I sound a bit callous and it was not meant that way at all. My point was that the question eliminates many possibilities, not that Kenny was not useful or anything.

Updated timeline:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>)

Feb 2016: 38-pound box of marijuana mailed from CA discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation. No arrests are made. No suspects are named.

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Woman involved in road rage incident with Chris Jr is in court and is sentenced (

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

<modsnip>
Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55)

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence&#8221; (Frankie&#8217;s?) where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed &#8220;multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source: CNN)

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

Saturday afternoon: Another Kenneth Rhoden (brother and cousin to victims) calls 911 in Greenup KY to report being followed and chased by two men in a car (http://www.wlwt.com/news/rhoden-fami...ports/39247458)

Sourcing/expansion for 2 previous entries and one new addition. All of these are Friday, 4-22.

8:21 am -- The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is leading the investigation. It sent more than a dozen agents to assist the Pike County Sheriff's Office after the request for help came in at 8:21 a.m.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohio-shooting-pike-county/

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Units are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed toward the crime scene.

Seeing LOTS of BCI crime scene trucks coming through now. #cgnow https://t.co/jI6Rl2LV2L

(Source: 4-22 tweet & photo by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh w/photo showing 4 BCI CSU trucks. Tweet time was 12:13 am -- I tried to include the photo, but I have to reinvent the wheel I know to get it done. I'll work on that tonight unless someone else is able to dig it out.)

1:36 pm -- Attorney General Mike DeWine sends out a news release [first one issued] stating that at least seven people were murdered in &#8220;execution-style killings.&#8221; DeWine says it is not an active-shooter situation. However, investigators are still trying to determine if the killer &#8211; or killers &#8211; is among the victims or on the loose.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...t-we-know-pike-county-mass-shooting/83428434/

OT: Horrible storms here and I hate that. I'm surrounded by 60 ft to 80 ft trees and I lose at least one a year. We have winds going about 60 mph.

Well, he's useful at eliminating scenarios with the question above ... "why drive 10 minutes to kill Kenny".

OMG you just made me think of South Park. 7 days of being engrossed in this case and that is the first time that has crossed my mind. Thanks for the laugh in this time of sadness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem